Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (799886 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:15am On Aug 01, 2022
naptu2:

This has been going on for years.

Desire Oparanozie posted something similar after Oshoala won the award in 2017 (the award was presented in January 2018) and Oshoala replied. They were both subbing themselves for days. Oshoala posted that there are people that pretend to be her friend, but go behind her back to attack her, while Desire claimed that Oshoala failed in Europe and that's why she ran to China. It was quite nasty, but it went under the radar because they didn't mention their names.

It seemed as if they reached a truce, but it flared again after the 2019 UEFA Women's Champions League final. Oshoala tweeted to thank God for the goal she scored in the final and Desire posted about people who are selfish and celebrate scoring a goal despite the fact that their team lost.

It's been going on for a while, but Oshoala has stopped responding to it.

That's sad really. Very sad.

For this to have gone on for years unaddressed is also worrying

Methinks this isn't unconnected to Oparanozie's removal as captain and eventually icing from the team. This definitely has a way of affecting the dressing room dynamics. If I were coach, it will be the first thing I'll deal with, if not one of them will have to leave the team and it won't be Oshoala.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Photos from Ghana Friendly game against France
Senior Team or U20?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
Senior Team or U20?

U20
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Face reality and stop being emotional, we don't have the program to compete with elite team in the world right now only talent is not enough, in the last 2 years we have been on the right track by playing high grade friendlies but we still have a long way to go after the world cup waldrum needs to be sack as i believe waldrum has reached his limit with the team NFF need to hire another coach with good credentials not Omagbemi or dedevbo that hasn't Coach any team in the last 6 years
lovewins:

What kind of misspeak is this?

We can't?

Based on what exactly?

We are not as talented?

Given the same conditions all things being equal, we can't?

At least now we understand the foundation where most of your arguments come from

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2022
Look like Oparanozie want the African best for herself
naptu2:

Desire Oparanozie posted something similar after Oshoala won the award in 2017 (the award was presented in January 2018) and Oshoala replied. They were both subbing themselves for days. Oshoala posted that there are people that pretend to be her friend, but go behind her back to attack her, while Desire claimed that Oshoala failed in Europe and that's why she ran to China. It was quite nasty, but it went under the radar because they didn't mention their names.

It seemed as if they reached a truce, but it flared again after the 2019 UEFA Women's Champions League final. Oshoala tweeted to thank God for the goal she scored in the final and Desire posted about people who are selfish and celebrate scoring a goal despite the fact that their team lost.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2022
robosky02:

Amajuj should hire this lady for super falcons coaching job

Its not that he can't hire her,
Three things can be taken into consideration,

1. Our football structure as presently constituted is an hindering block to progress, even if the New Nff boss had better plans,

the problem ( state FA, whom are mostly politicians)

2. The Gov, through the sport ministry, had always look for ways, and always will, to interfere, and rope in the Nff president and board, worst is putting their own preferer candidate there,

I. e, Pinnick against Dalung and Giwa, And to some extent now Sunday Dare,

3. Sponsors, running cost, funding, and the failing naira rates,

all those can conspire to render her useless,
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2022
isan:
Face reality and stop being emotional, we don't have the program to compete with elite team in the world right now only talent is not enough, in the last 2 years we have been on the right track by playing high grade friendlies but we still have a long way to go after the world cup waldrum needs to be sack as i believe waldrum has reached his limit with the team NFF need to hire another coach with good credentials not Omagbemi or dedevbo that hasn't Coach any team in the last 6 years

bros just let him be, sometimes I wonder if he loves in naija atall

that program you talked about, is one of the reason why waldrum is there, I had a feeling the Nff, came to a compromise with him to have have him coached the SF, while still working in the US
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by HarlequinLekex: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2022
Was there any red card in those final matches
codemaniacs:

You're forgetting that both England and Netherlands were the hosts of both competitions and hosts usually have home advantage.

If Nigeria hosted WAFCON do you think Ayinde and Ajibade would have been sent off
There is usually home advantage but in that sf nigeria had two penalty against them in the box but the refree ignored it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Photos from Ghana Friendly game against France

They are our noisy neighbors but between Ghana and CIV, i no know who i miss pass for this just concluded Wafcon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2022
lovewins:

That's sad really. Very sad.

For this to have gone on for years unaddressed is also worrying

Methinks this isn't unconnected to Oparanozie's removal as captain and eventually icing from the team. This definitely has a way of affecting the dressing room dynamics. If I were coach, it will be the first thing I'll deal with, if not one of them will have to leave the team and it won't be Oshoala.

A serious coach will call both and tell them to declare truce or both will be axed from the team. It happens alot in men's football. I see no Reason why axing based on disciplinary grounds can't be enacted. Especially when it was done to Uwak then. Benzema was on this table then.

I won't lie, both can be axed. Cos which kine beef be dis? E don pass half a decade. Shuu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
When I see what Sarina Wiegman has done with a talented England team, I get so angry because of what Randy Waldrum did to Falcons and destroyed their vision for a tenth title.

Not even the mighty Germany and Brazil have 9 continental titles. Brazil celebrated their 8th title on Saturday and Germany failed to make it 9.

Falcons remain one of the best teams in the world and one of the most decorated in the world. Unfortunately, NFF continue to waste the team's potential with shocking recruitment of coaches

Learn from the best, go for the best and watch Falcons fly
Should I pull up our stats against non African teams so that you can see what the so called "one of the best teams in the world" has been playing for over decades?

Sometimes I don't just understand how you people come up with these things.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Was there any red card in those final matchesThere is usually home advantage but in that sf nigeria had two penalty against them in the box but the refree ignored it.
They were not penalties. Any ball that hits the hand indirectly ( touches any part of the body before the hand) is not a foul.

Same thing happened in 2018 WC match against Argentina and Nigerians ignorantly carried themselves to go and harass the referee on Instagram.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Paris Saint-Germain is very pleased to announce the arrival of Gérard Precheur as the head of the women's section. ✍️

The French technician has signed a deal with the capital club until June 2023, with the option of an extra season.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Should I pull up our stats against non African teams so that you can see what the so called "one of the best teams in the world" has been playing for over decades?

Sometimes I don't just understand how you people come up with these things.

The 8-0s abi grin

We go det alright. Just that we have so much talent in the mix right now that all it will take may be a manager of her mould, with a touch of mou and wenger. grin

For now, it's just day dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
While I feel everybody should be allowed to practise whatever sexual group they belong to, nothing of such should be tolerated while in camp.
Practising lesbianism in camp can actually be disadvantageous.
1. Performing the act on the eve of a match might actually limit their performance.

2. It does lead to beef among the players. Something relating to jilting or cheating..

3. Formation of cabal or division of the team .. Gay vs straight scenario.

Cc Isan Johnbull

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Well it's not 8-0 anymore 1-0 2-0 that's it nowadays grin i think the 8-0s is what dennerby and waldrum see that make them take a defending approach against the big teams and they ave kept the score down ever since
daveP:

The 8-0s abi grin

We go det alright. Just that we have so much talent in the mix right now that all it will take may be a manager of her mould, with a touch of mou and wenger. grin

For now, it's just day dreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
isan:
Well it's not 8-0 anymore 1-0 2-0 that's it nowadays grin i think the 8-0s is what dennerby and waldrum see that make them take a defending approach against the big teams and they ave kept the score down ever since
grin

The world cup own dey pain pass.

Who is close to England's 10, Stanway in our current setup right now, in the SF team? She and Chanda of Zambia play alike.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
justicechichex:

Which means Australia and New Zealand are no longer part of Oceania for Papau New Guinea to win?

It's really a surprise.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

Australia left the Oceanic confederation years ago due to poor competition...New Zealand didn't enter this year edition of the tournament

Was surprised because of New Zealand, now I understand.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Oh Please give this Woman the Credit she deserves...

Wining Euro with Netherland, England isn't a small thing, She took Netherland to the Final of the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in France, Lost in the Quarter final to the US again on Penalty Shoot out at the 2020 Olympics...

She's a great Coach... Randy is not in her Class, Couple with other League trophies she has won in Netherland.

Please don't justify Randy's Failure

He isn't failing to give her the credits. What he said is FACT.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=daveP post=115263870]

People justifying Randy are in same class as those justifying buhari[/quote

No one is suggesting that Randy is in the same class as her, but certain situations beyond the coach's and the team's control led to the failure to win the cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
daveP:

A serious coach will call both and tell them to declare truce or both will be axed from the team. It happens alot in men's football. I see no Reason why axing based on disciplinary grounds can't be enacted. Especially when it was done to Uwak then. Benzema was on this table then.

I won't lie, both can be axed. Cos which kine beef be dis? E don pass half a decade. Shuu.

A serious national team coach would not have Oparanozie on their team. She's way past her prime, and not needed in the Super Falcons.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
naptu2:

But what exactly is the origin of the beef? Or is Oparanozie simply being jealous because Oshoala came in and stole her limelight in the national team?

This kind of toxicity shouldn't be tolerated in the team..It could lead to sabotage

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2022
The controversy grows for the Euro 2022 final and has a right title! Leah Williamson's hand prevented the ball from finishing its run in the English nets. were only half hour into playing... Where's the VAR? Why didn't she intervene? The arm is widely taken off, the penalty and the red card logical. But the VAR said nothing, didn't even ask the referee to look at the images and weighed in on the outcome of the final indisputably. But the pictures are clear. It's a shame with the current means!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
Think you may have highlighted the issue here.
The authorities need to determine which of the two adds more value and profile to the team and get rid of the one that doesn’t.

The nation is greater than the egos of individuals.
Danielnino00:

But what exactly is the origin of the beef? Or is Oparanozie simply being jealous because Oshoala came in and stole her limelight in the national team?

This kind of toxicity shouldn't be tolerated in the team..It could lead to sabotage
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
AkinDS:
Think you may have highlighted the issue here.
The authorities need to determine which of the two adds more value and profile to the team and get rid of the one that doesn’t.

The nation is greater than the egos of individuals.

If that's the case,then Oparanozie will be at the receiving end of it...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
Is Patricia George heading to Turkish Women Football League Clubside ??

it could possibly be big spending Fenerbahce WFC...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Deltamani:
The controversy grows for the Euro 2022 final and has a right title! Leah Williamson's hand prevented the ball from finishing its run in the English nets. were only half hour into playing... Where's the VAR? Why didn't she intervene? The arm is widely taken off, the penalty and the red card logical. But the VAR said nothing, didn't even ask the referee to look at the images and weighed in on the outcome of the final indisputably. But the pictures are clear. It's a shame with the current means!

The English media aren't talking about it at all...If it was the other way..... lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Deltamani:

God is judging Germany for stealing our U20 World Cup. I hope England never admits anything just like they never admitted our own.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

God is judging Germany for stealing our U20 World Cup. I hope England never admits anything just like they never admitted our own.

grin

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
What of our U20 Falconets? No news of whether they have left for Costa Rica? What's NFF up to? The U20 FIFA women world cup starts this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.