Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (797227 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
Beginning to feel like Everytime Ball land for Jerry Joy leg, nothing comes out. But...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
These girls would’ve won WAFCON with ease. Yes i said so.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

No abiodun..
Injured?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Injured?

I don't know. But I noticed the midfield is not as intense as it was in the France game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
To whom it may concern

I just needed to post the stats here to further buttress our earlier argument

The total pass made in the first half is almost equal to what they made in the entirety of the last game

Difference?

Better weather condition

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Idoko has worked her socks off but her touches are F9

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Idoko has worked her socks off but her touches are F9
yes they are heavy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
HT' in Alajuela| An enterprising and cagey first half for the Falconets, heading into the tunnel with no goals to show for their early dominance

South Korea 0-0 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
lovewins:
To whom it may concern

The total pass made in the first half is almost equal to what they made in the entirety of the last game

Difference?

Better weather condition

CC: Thesupernerd

Meanwhile,which app is this? Doesn't look like sofa score
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

Google
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
Let me tag him because I was also coming to knock his head.

Cc Johnbullmyson

Sebi you were saying I should "tone down" on the ladies' passing ability as a team abi?? Do you see how bad you are at noticing a good ball playing team? grin

If you had calmed down and considered the heavy downpour vs France, you would not have uttered that balderdash.

Let this be another lesson to you, My son. wink

lovewins:
To whom it may concern

Difference?

Better weather condition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

Seen my Good Dan... Lovewins read my mind. That is Google app. The Sports section of it.

See mine below. JohnBullMySon needs to come explain what suddenly happened to the Korean's passing ability. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
The Koreans are very disciplined.

They came with a game plan and they have executed same successfully.

The 5-woman defence has been very effective to silence us going forward.

Demehin needs to stop the long balls, asides having to deal with a very disciplined defense, they are taller and almost always win the aerial duels

We need to keep the ball moving, hoping we get spaces to exploit.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Cc Johnbullmyson

Sebi you were saying I should "tone down" on the ladies' passing ability as a team abi?? Do you see how bad you are at noticing a good ball playing team? grin

If you had calmed down and considered the heavy downpour vs France, you would not have uttered that balderdash.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Our 11 looks like she's struggling with a knock or so. Amoo. Counter will do the trick, but while our passes are even better, we aren't really on the nut cracking approach right now. These Koreans sabi positioning and they're playing 451 again. They seem pleased that we didn't trouble their keeper. We need to reduce the heavy touches and increase the 1-2s.

Onyenezide has done well so far. Looks like no point-girl.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
When I first saw these your statements, I was initially skeptical but assumed that it was relatively okay, having watched the game and seen the amount of passes we threw away. Now I must say that we had a poor outing compared to the other teams in the competition.

We currently have third worst passing so far behind France/ Costa Rica 54% and Ghana 48%. Most teams averaged mid 60s 70s and even 80s in percentage with over 300 completed passes. That is really poor passing performance from Nigeria.

I don't like to sound negative or pessimistic, but tone down the passing stuff a bit. We're nowhere close yet.

Oya explain... how the 3rd worst passing side is outpassinng Korea who were obviously high on your list of "top passing sides" at this WC... talk My Son.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Cc Johnbullmyson

We made 295 in the first game so it isn't equal yet.

And yes, I'm very impressed and happy with the passing rate.

However, I'm not happy with the attack posture. It looks more like we came to play monkey post than to score goals.

Korea has a very good attack and we could easily lose this game if things continue like this.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
Too much long balls

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Too much long balls
Dunno why Demehin is even attempting that when we haven't successfully utilized one. Noticed our fullbacks aren't really assisting like that too. Imuran is on the cautious approach so far. The one time she burst forward, we threatened. This is the game our midfielders need to shoot as the attackers drag players with them.

These Koreans are confident of their own shooting prowess, unlike us.

Good thing we outplayed them. But end result is needed and one or two must change.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Fira09:

This is the official fifa link:
https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/cat/3FX5u1D5qEIdP3L8Vz6iSq

Not showing, who can help please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Sebastine is too strong for her stature. Onyenezide is up there among the best, Her bulldog like face is intimidating grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
The attack hasn't clicked today, yes. Only one shot on target and 3 shots overall. Not good enough but we are definitely dictating the game.

The Koreans started with 5 at the back and relying on their speed on the counter.

Second half is on... Hopefully the team switch gears and prevent dangerous turnovers that can put the Koreans 3 v 3 or 4 v 3 in our defensive third.

Meanwhile.... Just admit you were too hasty in your assessment of the first game. The team will definitely go pass 295 from the first game because conditions are better today. Currently on 246 as at 52mins... and 77% passing accuracy as a team.

JohnBullMySon:
We made 295 in the first game so it isn't equal yet.

And yes, I'm very impressed and happy with the passing rate.

However, I'm not happy with the attack posture. It looks more like we came to play monkey post than to score goals.

Korea has a very good attack and we could easily lose this game if things continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
These girls would’ve won WAFCON with ease. Yes i said so.

Over 90% of players at the U20 are college students. Just so you know. The playing ground is not the same.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
The attack hasn't clicked today, yes. Only one shot on target and 3 shots overall. Not good enough but we are definitely dictating the game.

The Koreans started with 5 at the back and relying on their speed on the counter.

Second half is on... Hopefully the team switch gears and prevent dangerous turnovers that can put the Koreans 3 v 3 or 4 v 3 in our defensive third.

Meanwhile.... Just admit you were too hasty in your assessment of the first game. The team will definitely go pass 295 from the first game because conditions are better today. Currently on 246 as at 52mins... and 77% passing accuracy as a team.

Yes we are dictating the game. Contrary to what you said, I never made any hasty conclusions. I was skeptical about the conclusions you made from the France game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Looks like hesgoal is not showing 2nd half
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
You were hasty My son.

You doubted the ball playing trait of the team. Showed skepticism even when it was evident to all that the weather conditions affected plays that day yet the team did well in controlling the game and keeping the ball more than the French.

You even said, "tone down" and called us the Third worst passing side at this WC so far.

That, my son, is the definition of hasty. Next time, relax and assess holistically. wink

JohnBullMySon:
Yes we are dictating the game. Contrary to what you said, I never made any hasty conclusions. I was skeptical about the conclusions you made from the France game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Anyone with a picture of our current U17 squad. I'd like to see how they look like.

BTW is sabastine still on this pitch?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
You were hasty My son.

You doubted the ball playing trait of the team. Showed skepticism even when it was evident to all that the weather conditions affected plays that day yet the team did well in controlling the game and keeping the ball more than the French.

You even said, "tone down" and called us the Third worst passing side at this WC so far.

That, my son, is the definition of hasty. Next time, relax and assess holistically. wink

Okay. Correction taken sir.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
Okay, I'm full undecided
This crossing needs its own special training for these girls abeg. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
Seems this isn't Idoko's game afterall.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
onyenezide will go far. She’s been amazing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gooall wink

onyenezide scores.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.