Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,668 members, 7,862,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839641 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bayelsa have bossed this game but no goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bayelsa 0-0 Ampem
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Bayelsa 0-0 Ampem

That's the FT scores?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2022
justicechichex:

That's the FT scores?

Yes. Sorry about that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Women's International Friendly

Dates to be announced in the upcoming Fifa Break

South Africa Vs Brasil

Venues
Johannesburg and to be announced

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
FT: Bayelsa Queens 0-0 Ampem Darkoa

Nothing to separate the two sides in the second game of the group stage.

Who will represent WAFU-B zone at the 2022 CAF women's champions league?

#CAFWCL #CAFWCLQ2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
do4luv14:

Come off it Dave, it had not gotten to that, read again carefully,

That guy was right not blaming Nff for it, everything had been set and booked for their return, if Colombia Airline had not done what they did, then we can say the Nff is to blame,

We should speak well of our sports, and people some times, those negative vibes will not take us anywhere,

Hope you heard what Jose Mourinho said concerning, E .Dennis

E reach to para. They are always in such situations. Why? Na only us waka come? Now it's FIFA that caused it all. That's the info now. Anyways, they can ride off for now. But they and embarassing moments are 5&6
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
Alfryd:

NFF: Why Falconets overstayed at Istanbul Airport

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday explained that a number of factors, including the inability to secure transit visas for players and officials of the U20 Girls National Team, Falconets, at the Istanbul Airport, led to the team having to stay 24 hours at the airport in Turkey on their way from the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup.

“The NFF did not book the team’s tickets from Costa Rica; FIFA did. FIFA also did not envisage the hitches that saw the team delayed for more than three hours in Bogota, and another one hour in Panama. By the time the team got to Istanbul, the flight to Abuja had left.

“Our officials pleaded for compassionate transit visas so as to take the players and officials to a hotel inside the town, but this was not possible as they were informed that Nigeria had been removed from the list of countries whose citizens were issued visa-on-arrival in Turkey. The airline then took the team to a sleeping area at the airport and gave them tickets to have meals every five hours. This situation has nothing to do with NFF, who had made arrangements to receive the team in Abuja before the complications in travel arrangements,” NFF General Secretary, Dr Mohammed Sanusi, explained.

It would be recalled that the NFF had implored world-governing body, FIFA to intervene with the Embassy of Germany to issue the team transit visas before their departure from Nigeria, in order for the team to be able to travel through Germany. This did not happen.

On the issue of body-wear, Sanusi said: “The players were handed three sets of green jerseys and two sets of white jerseys, several house-wear types and training jerseys. The players opted to wash only their jersey top (no other stuff) because when the first set of body-wear was sent to the laundry people at the hotel, it returned with some FIFA and NFF badges at the front and names at the back peeled by the machine.”

I hope you know that your curse will returned to you and manifest in your life
which curse? grin
Rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
lovewins:
10 days to the Super Falcons Friendly with the USA and the NFF is yet to release a team list. I really do hope they are working with players on the background.

There's no point having a friendly game if the players needed for team building can't feature. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of th Canada experience.

The List will be out soon, Trying to sort out those that would be available and those that wouldn't be available for the Friendly games before making it public..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:34am On Aug 25, 2022
Vicky Lopez

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:45am On Aug 25, 2022
Bayelsa Queens vs Ampem Darkoa Ladies

Match Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUkcxrDTU3o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:48am On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

The List will be out soon, Trying to sort out those that would be available and those that wouldn't be available for the Friendly games before making it public..
My thoughts exactly.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2022
daveP:

E reach to para. They are always in such situations. Why? Na only us waka come? Now it's FIFA that caused it all. That's the info now. Anyways, they can ride off for now. But they and embarassing moments are 5&6

you knew why we are in those same situations at times,
weaker naira, and the battering of our image internationally, such that our visa is almost useless,

and again the delay and Colombia airline also play a part,

as per that FIFA part, we can alway6do a little search to know if it's true, as we now know why the turkey airline refuse our girls suits for the delay

my 2cent,
morning Dave trust your night was great

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2022
Players and officials of the Falconets well received at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja by
@thenff
staff led by General Secretary
@DrmSanusi
and Sports Minister representative,
@Toyin_Ibitoye

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2022
Highlights of Bayelsa's draw with Ampem Ladies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo80_hiy1gY
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2022
Oranje (Netherland Women National Team) has a new Bondscoach! �
Andries Jonker takes over after Mark Parsons was released earlier this month. Jonker was already coach of the women's team for a short time in 2001.

————————————————————————

Another Big Mistake from the Netherland FA, Hopefully they get it right this time..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of Bayelsa's draw with Ampem Ladies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo80_hiy1gY

Yeah yeah yeah…. Miracle Joseph is for the Future

It’s going to be tough though, A position where you will have the likes of Patricia George, Nicole Payne, Ramat Imuran then Miracle Joseph..

Whosever that is pushing Glory Ogbonna in the National team set up should better be Careful. She isn’t a National team material at all..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Deltamani:
Players and officials of the Falconets well received at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja by
@thenff
staff led by General Secretary
@DrmSanusi
and Sports Minister representative,
@Toyin_Ibitoye

seems there was a mistake somewhere,
how True is the report from Colin posted by luvwin that the girls were given 40k each as transport allowee
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
do4luv14:

seems there was a mistake somewhere,
how True is the report from Colin posted by luvwin that the girls were given 40k each as transport allowee

The report is true. This is simply damage control after the story went viral. For instance, there is allegedly an hotel inside with airport that the NFF could have booked for the girls that wouldn't require a transit Visa. But there's no point dwelling on this, glad the story at least put them to action.

The ministry promised the girls the same bonuses the Super Falcons receives. It was reported that the minister even gave them some cash pending the time the promised bonuses are processed. They of course won't be going by road again, I believe a new arrangement will be made to ensure the girls get to their various destinations by air.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Deltamani:

Yeah yeah yeah…. Miracle Joseph is for the Future

It’s going to be tough though, A position where you will have the likes of Patricia George, Nicole Payne, Ramat Imuran then Miracle Joseph..

Whosever that is pushing Glory Ogbonna in the National team set up should better be Careful. She isn’t a National team material at all..

When last did Glory Ogbonna have any meaningful playing time? The complaints about her are very bias IMO. When the other fullbacks make mistakes 10 thousand excuses always arrive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
lovewins:

The report is true. This is simply damage control after the story went viral. For instance, there is allegedly an hotel inside with airport that the NFF could have booked for the girls that wouldn't require a transit Visa. But there's no point dwelling on this, glad the story at least put them to action.

The ministry promised the girls the same bonuses the Super Falcons receives. It was reported that the minister even gave them some cash pending the time the promised bonuses are processed. They of course won't be going by road again, I believe a new arrangement will be made to ensure the girls get to their various destinations by air.

hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Ok. Anticipating
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

When last did Glory Ogbonna have any meaningful playing time? The complaints about her are very bias IMO. When the other fullbacks make mistakes 10 thousand excuses always arrive.

Hence the reason for my earlier assertion on players availability for friendlies. The very essence of having friendlies (among other things) is to try out players who would probably not be considered in a competit setting. It however doesn't make sense of those players can't make the team due to logistical challenges.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Halimatu Ayinde leaves United as a player and continues for Swedish Champions Rosengård.

Halimatu Ayinde denies this though….

Reports have it that Eskilstuana United is going through some financial difficulties, and Swedish gaint Rosengard FC is in need of quality Midfielders as Seger is out injured with ACL and would be out for Long, Jelena Cankovic have also left for a top Club in England….

Eskilstuana United have to sell due to financial difficulties, and will receive an undisclosed transfer fee….!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Glory Ogbonna have been given more than enough chance, so there’s nothing to talk about by the way she’s not even up to the Makeshifts Left Backs Tony Payne and Ashleigh Plumptre sef!

Right now she’s not even better than U20 Ramat Imuran even though the game at the Senior level is more tougher, quicker and requires more and more..

I wonder what you want to defend here.!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
South Africa want to Host 2027 FIFA Women’s World Cup

SASOL awards R5,550m bonus to Banyana Banyana for winning WAFCON
25 August 2022 – Banyana Banyana continue to be celebrated after the team’s long-time sponsors SASOL awarded a R5,550 000 bonus to the recently crowned Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) champions on Thursday.
This comes just days after Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture Nathi Mthethwa announced that Government would award R15 million to the South African senior women’s national team as a bonus for winning the WAFCON last month. The players have already confirmed that the R9,2 million bonus they were promised by SAFA before the start of the tournament has been deposited into their accounts.
SASOL celebrated the African champions at a function held at the company’s headquarters in Sandton on Thursday and SAFA President Dr Danny Jordaan said Banyana Banyana must be given a chance to face stiff opposition as the side continues to prepare for the Women’s World Cup to be played in Australia and New Zealand next year.
“If we want to maintain the quality, level and performance of Banyana Banyana, we have to broaden the base and also give the team more opportunities,” the SAFA President said.
“Now that they have conquered Africa, in the World Cup next year, they will not play against any African teams. So they must play against South America teams, North African teams, European teams and Asian teams.
“This is where we are going to focus. They cannot play against these countries for the first time when they go to the Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand next year. So preparation for the World Cup is very important.
“We want the team to perform because we want to discuss with government that after the 2023 tournament, the next World Cup is in 2027. We then want to raise the question of, we have the infrastructure, what about hosting the World Cup in South in 2027. Unlike when we hosted the men’s World Cup in 2010, our team Bafana Bafana was ranked 86th in the world.
“We hope when we host the Women’s World Cup, the team is already No2 on the African continent – in fact, they should be No1. And by 2026 for the World Cup 2027, they must be in the top 10 because then they will be real contenders on home soil. This is where we are focusing and this is where we want to go.”
SASOL’s Executive Vice President: Human Resources and Stakeholder Relations Charlotte Mokoena said they would continue to be staunch supporters of Banyana Banyana.

“We believe in you because you believe in yourselves.”

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
Deltamani:

Glory Ogbonna have been given more than enough chance, so there’s nothing to talk about by the way she’s not even up to the Makeshifts Left Backs Tony Payne and Ashleigh Plumptre sef!

Right now she’s not even better than U20 Ramat Imuran even though the game at the Senior level is more tougher, quicker and requires more and more..

Lol. MrVanVeli can never change grin

I saw the way he rushed to defend Oliseh on the SE page after losing 5 games. If na Rohr or Randy it will be the opposite. And he's the one always accusing others of bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
UEFA Women's Player of the Year...

Alexia Putellas is named the 2021/22 UEFA Women's Player of the Year - the first player to win the award twice in a row!

#UEFAawards

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
UEFA Women's Coach of the Year

After leading England to #WEURO2022 glory last month, Sarina Wiegman is awarded the UEFA Women’s Coach of the Year for 2021/22!

#UEFAawards

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
Deltamani:

Given enough chance to do what? Would u people ever admit when she does something good? When Glory made a single mistake this thread would shake but all I saw during the AWCON was excuse making.

Plumptre and Payne were starting no matter wat so bringing them up adds no points to ur talk.

Let's make this clear, I don't care who u or anybody wants to play for the team but when u start throwing dirt on a players name I don't feel that. I have said the same thing about the Oshoala bashing and I will do the same for every player.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Given enough chance to do what? Would u people ever admit when she does something good? When Glory made a single mistake this thread would shake but all I saw during the AWCON was excuse making.

Plumptre and Payne were starting no matter wat so bringing them up adds no points to ur talk.

Let's make this clear, I don't care who u or anybody wants to play for the team but when u start throwing dirt on a players name I don't feel that. I have said the same thing about the Oshoala bashing and I will do the same for every player.

Oh Please don't even go there okay.

Go and watch the following few games and come back later. Incase you don't have the game full clips I will gladly send them to you.

Aisha Buhari Cup against South Africa
AWCON qualifying game against Ghana
Summer Series game against Portugal
Summer Series game against USA

Glory Ogbonna is not even qualify to play the Superfalcons Left Back..

Nicole Payne who's naturally a Right Back is far better than her at Left Back.

As for Patricia George, Glory Ogbonna doesn't come close an inches..

Ramat Imuran proved herself at the U20 what she can bring to the table..

Talking about Tony Payne and Ashleigh Plumptre it would definitely be an insult to them pitching Glory Ogbonna with them. Glory Ogbonna doesn't have such brilliance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol. MrVanVeli can never change grin

I saw the way he rushed to defend Oliseh on the SE page after losing 5 games. If na Rohr or Randy it will be the opposite. And he's the one always accusing others of bigotry.

Rushed to defend what Please have some sense, I made a basic statement and Sunday Oliseh doesn't coach Nigeria at any level so ur if na Rohr is senseless. The last person to accuse anyone of bigotry was you. All because I said the same things about Waldrum that people started saying during the WAFCON. I guess u are still angry I was right.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kibbs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.