Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839690 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Oh Please don't even go there okay.

Go and watch the following few games and come back later. Incase you don't have the game full clips I will gladly send them to you.

Aisha Buhari Cup against South Africa
AWCON qualifying game against Ghana
Summer Series game against Portugal
Summer Series game against USA

Glory Ogbonna is not even qualify to play the Superfalcons Left Back..

Nicole Payne who's naturally a Right Back is far better than her at Left Back.

As for Patricia George, Glory Ogbonna doesn't come close an inches..

Ramat Imuran proved herself at the U20 what she can bring to the table..

Talking about Tony Payne and Ashleigh Plumptre it would definitely be an insult to them pitching Glory Ogbonna with them. Glory Ogbonna doesn't have such brilliance.

Wat happened to the striker u hyped for a whole year on this thread grin

Isn't Patricia George in the same Turkish league as Glory? How did that come about if she doesn't come close.

Penalty against South Africa and a second yellow card against Ghana. Now tell me what else she did wrong? Just tell me the time in the game.

I never said she should start on the team, I said there is no need to bash her

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Ol' boy, na wah oh? Me sef dey wonder.

You should have seen how he wanted to bite my head off, just because I stated this same player lacked the competency and the fundamental elements to be a SF left back, based on watching her play live during the Summer series in Houston. This was also taking into account the fact that she was not a novice on the international front.
I believe my assessment of her then still holds true and has been proven time and time again.

Not sure why he keeps insisting on 'liking and subscribing' to her brand of football, when it is clear to all and sundry that she really ain't got it.
Deltamani:

Glory Ogbonna have been given more than enough chance, so there’s nothing to talk about by the way she’s not even up to the Makeshifts Left Backs Tony Payne and Ashleigh Plumptre sef!

Right now she’s not even better than U20 Ramat Imuran even though the game at the Senior level is more tougher, quicker and requires more and more..

I wonder what you want to defend here.!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Isn't Patricia George in the same Turkish league as Glory? How did that come about if she doesn't come close.

Penalty against South Africa and a second yellow card against Ghana. Now tell me what else she did wrong? Just tell me the time in the game.

She was in the Squad for the WAFCON and at least played 30 minutes if am not mistaking... And you can't compare that to someone who have over 10 Caps for the Superfalcons...

By the way she recently moved to high spending Russian side Lokomotive Moscow..

Glory Ogbonna is still a low budget Left back, Couldn't even replace Ebere Ngozi who have been off for long now....

If she was that good Coach Randy Waldrum wouldn't have played Plumptre and Payne ahead of her..

Why play a Makeshift Left Back if Glory Ogbonna was good enough...

Patricia George recently signed for Fenerbahce FC and Yes She's Class ahead of Glory Ogbonna...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

She was in the Squad for the WAFCON and at least played 30 minutes if am not mistaking... And you can't compare that to someone who have over 10 Caps for the Superfalcons...

By the way she recently moved to high spending Russian side Lokomotive Moscow..

Glory Ogbonna is still a low budget Left back, Couldn't even replace Ebere Ngozi who have been off for long now....

If she was that good Coach Randy Waldrum wouldn't have played Plumptre and Payne ahead of her..

Why play a Makeshift Left Back if Glory Ogbonna was good enough...

Patricia George recently signed for Fenerbahce FC and Yes She's Class ahead of Glory Ogbonna...

She should be giving u ur share of the transfer money cheesy 30 minutes or 30 seconds she had good chances and fluffed them all but I am sure u went blind at those moments.

Ur point about Toni and Ashleigh makes no sense because Nicole Payne is also a natural fullback who was kept on the bench by them. Why don't u also shout that she doesn't belong on the team because those 2 kept her on the bench?

Why is Patricia George in the same league as low budget Glory Ogbonna

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
You do know that Glory came in as a sub for Nicole, right?

Patricia George plays for Turkish giants Fenerbache and your Glory plays for ALG Sport (never heard of them before).
BascoVanVeli:

She should be giving u ur share of the transfer money cheesy 30 minutes or 30 seconds she had good chances and fluffed them all but I am sure u went blind at those moments.

Ur point about Toni and Ashleigh makes no sense because Nicole Payne is also a natural fullback who was kept on the bench by them. Why don't u also shout that she doesn't belong on the team because those 2 kept her on the bench?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
You forgot to also add the unnecessary penalty against Jamaica which Oluehi saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULfpUZ1HPo

Oh shot, my bad. Video courtesy...BascoVanVeli.
BascoVanVeli:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
AkinDS:
You do know that Glory came in as a sub for Nicole, right?

Patricia George plays for Turkish giants Fenerbache and your Glory plays for ALG Sport (never heard of them before).

What does that mean Did Nicole start over Toni or Ashleigh? Another meaningless point.

Nobody has heard about the entire Turkish league so stop the cap. We know fenerbache because of the men's team.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
AkinDS:
You forgot to also add the unnecessary penalty against Jamaica which Oluehi saved.

He didn't list Jamaica did he?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

What does that mean Did Nicole start over Toni or Ashleigh? Another meaningless point.

Nobody has heard about the entire Turkish league so stop the cap. We know fenerbache because of the men's team.

Nicole Payne is still Playing College football, I know too well that she has been developing in a better environment, Glory Ogbonna is still below Average. Take it or leave it.

By the way Fenerbahce is a far bigger Club than ALG Spors as far as the Turkish Women Football is concerned..

The Turkish League currently have most of Africa best players in their various Club... Check well you will see at least 3 African Players in their various Club set up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2022
AkinDS:

There's no need Schooling him about how bad Glory Ogbonna is as a Left Back...

Patricia George
Nicole Payne
Ramat Imuran are better full back than the so called Ogbonna..

This is Nigeria, I know the in and out of this team and I have my reason not Spilling out something.. Let's just keep those stories and enjoy the thread..

Glory Ogbonna is not a Superfalcons material

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Such a ridiculous question. They're playing in the same League doesn't mean they're at same level in term of players quality...

Tunisian best player plays in the Turkish League
Namibia best player Zenatha Coleman plays in the Turkish League for Fenerbahce
Ivory Coast best defender plays for Fenerbahce..
Kenya best player plays in Turkey
Ghana best player and Captain Elizabeth Addo plays in Turkey.. Does this mean Glory Ogbonna is in same level with them based on Player quality??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli here's a Better and more versatile Player than Glory Ogbonna...

In every aspect of the game, Glory Ogbonna is still below Average and doesn't come close...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Such a ridiculous question. They're playing in the same League doesn't mean they're at same level in term of players quality...

Tunisian best player plays in the Turkish League
Namibia best player Zenatha Coleman plays in the Turkish League for Fenerbahce
Ivory Coast best defender plays for Fenerbahce..
Kenya best player plays in Turkey
Ghana best player and Captain Elizabeth Addo plays in Turkey.. Does this mean Glory Ogbonna is in same level with them based on Player quality??

Just as ridiculous as u saying one is better than the other when we have not seen any of them play.

When last did Turkey have a team in the champions league None of those teams can call themselves a big team because the league has just started gaining steam. Finito

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

There's no need Schooling him about how bad Glory Ogbonna is as a Left Back...

Patricia George
Nicole Payne
Ramat Imuran are better full back than the so called Ogbonna..

This is Nigeria, I know the in and out of this team and I have my reason not Spilling out something.. Let's just keep those stories and enjoy the thread..

Glory Ogbonna is not a Superfalcons material

Oga go and point out those moments u said Glory played nonsense. I am waiting for u to point out the times in those matches as u said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Oga go and point out those moments u said Glory played nonsense. I am waiting for u to point out the times in those matches as u said.

Glory Ogbonna is Superfalcons Worstest Left Back ever, I have said my own. You can argue with them. Thank you.

I wonder how she find her way into the team.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Are you his Boyfriend or Brother which one, I really want to Know why you’re supporting such a Useless and error prone player..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2022
I’m enjoying the Spanish Vs Netherland game, talk to you later. By the way I’m still wondering how the Dutch side take win us…. Sad one

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2022
Deltamani:
I’m enjoying the Spanish Vs Netherland game, talk to you later. By the way I’m still wondering how the Dutch side take win us…. Sad one

We couldn't convert our chances that's why..We played better than the Dutches
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Deltamani:

Are you his Boyfriend or Brother which one, I really want to Know why you’re supporting such a Useless and error prone player..

Clownish talk and u must be her disgruntled ex boyfriend with the way u keep her name in ur mouth. Unlike u and ur cohorts I have zero horses in the race. No matter who the coach plays I will not go on a campaign of dragging any player

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:31am On Aug 26, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Clownish talk and u must be her disgruntled ex boyfriend with the way u keep her name in ur mouth. Unlike u and ur cohorts I have zero horses in the race. No matter who the coach plays I will not go on a campaign of dragging any player

She belongs to you continue defending her. peace out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Deltamani:

She belongs to you continue defending her. peace out.

U have no point so u have to resort to childish takes grin Clown Talk Volume 1 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38am On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

We couldn't convert our chances that's why..We played better than the Dutches

When Deborah's shot hit the bar and the keeper point blank saved Chiamaka's header, I know we were in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:03am On Aug 26, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

When Deborah's shot hit the bar and the keeper point blank saved Chiamaka's header, I know we were in trouble.

Chiamaka need to work on her aeriel balls... She could have scored 2 or 3 goals from headers in the tournament...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Brazil 0-1 Japan
1st half. No surprise that Brazil have conceded their first goal in the tourney to the Japanese

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

Chiamaka need to work on her aeriel balls... She could have scored 2 or 3 goals from headers in the tournament...

The header against Netherlands was going in if not for a great save. Well, it was right on the goal line sha.

I totally agree with u about her needing work in that area though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2022
Good luck Halimatu Ayinde

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
Christy Ucheibe in an interview with AyoT of EaglesTracker just revealed that Onome Ebi told her during one of their Conversations while in Camp for the last WAFCON that She has the fitness of 3 People that she should train hard to get into the Starting 11.…

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Good luck Halimatu Ayinde

FC Rosengård continues to pick players from Eskilstuna United. Now, with United in serious financial trouble and having to get rid of players in order to even get a new elite license for 2023, they sold their Nigerian national team midfielder Halimatu Ayinde to Malmö.

Compared to Jelena Cankovic's transfer fee that had to be bought out by Chelsea from a three-year contract, I suspect that Rosengård got Ayinde for a steal. She only had three months left on her contract in Eskilstuna.

However, it is a little surprising that she is chosen. I see Ayinde mostly as a defensive midfielder and as a possible replacement for Caroline Seger. There, Renée Slegers had last placed the German Rebecca Knaak, who celebrated a great success against BK Häcken recently and made us almost forget that she was only substituting for the injured 37-year-old team captain.

But Halimatu can probably also take the offensive role in central midfield and may even replace Cankovic herself.

After Gaelle Engaganouit, Mimmi Larsson, Fiona Brown, Olivia Schough, Nathalie Björn, Gloris Viggosdottir and Loreta Kulashi (have I forgotten someone?), Halimatu is the eighth player with a past in Eskilstuna to move down to Malmö.

Ngozi Okobi may also leave Eskilstuana United too

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
5’ ⏱ | Bayern 0⃣-1⃣ Atleti

Ajibade receives from behind, filters a pass into space for Ludmila and the Brazilian beats Grohs low!

• #AúpaAtleti · #FCBayernAtleti

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
37’ ⏱ | Bayern 0⃣-2⃣ Atletico

Great goal from Ajibade with a header, which finishes off a great Banini serve from the corner!

• #AúpaAtleti · #FCBayernAtleti

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade is getting better in the Air, Brilliant header from her…

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.