Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,003 members, 7,863,611 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (840929 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
chikwelu didn't play the match, when did kanu play ever play in front 45k fans ? Monday , Ajibade , onumonu , plumptre , Toni payne , Alozie , ucheibe , regina otu , has never been such atmosphere before not to even talk of North Africa football fans
Deltamani:

Most of our squad haven’t played under which immense pressure what?

Onome Ebi, Osinachi Ohale, Ngozi Okobi, Halimatu Ayinde, Rita Chikwelu, Uchenna Kanu… All this ladies have had the experience before and more at the National team level and Clubside…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
chikwelu didn't play the match, when did kanu play ever play in front 45k fans ? Monday , Ajibade , onumonu , plumptre , Toni payne , Alozie , ucheibe , regina otu , has never been such atmosphere before not to even talk of North Africa football fans

Chikwelu didn’t play against Morocco?? Please please

Do you even watch the Mexican women football league at all? Most time they always have over 30k-40k fans watching their league games, the fans there are crazy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
WAFU B MIGHT BE BACK TOO?

2023 continues to make us nod as GFA have just announced the appointment of former Swiss International Nora Häuptle as the new Ghana WNT coach, noting that among the first tasks for the new gaffer will be guiding the 2018 Wafu B champions in the 2023 Wafu B Women's Cup set for March/April.

Wafu B Previous Champions
�2018: Ghana
�2019: Nigeria

�More on Coach Häuptle: https:///3ilbm3J

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
The former Patricia George Coach at SC Sand Nora holds is a UEFA Pro Licence certificate and has previously worked as an Instructor for the Swiss Football Association.

Joyce Boatey-Agyei and Aboagye Dacosta will assist Nora.
Hopefully she would lead Ghana to the Promise Land..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bayelsa Queens destroying Osun Babes yesterday. Flourish Sabastine with another banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjexeOWOKtA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
The focus is there… now I just need to work on the finish. I guess that’s what the #theoffseason is for…

Ifeoma Onumonu

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
lovewins:

It's how American sports in general work. They have built a system where players transition from high school to college then to professional sports. Football (or soccer like they like to call it) isn't an American sport. They sadly are yet to realize that what works for other sports may not necessarily apply to football.

The system is only built to work in a monopoly. Unfortunately, football is not a monopoly , and they are not on the top of the food chain regarding the sport either, (Like basketball/NBA) so it won't get them anywhere.

If they don't Adapt and change the system, as the women's football continue to develop and become more lucrative in traditional football powerhouses like Europe as the years go by, they'll (NWSL) continue to loose relevance and eventually become another MLS where top talents, home and abroad, in their prime won't want to play in.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
isan:
we had 2 reds in Morrocco

A case can be made for both reds. The calls that were made against Cameroon were unfathomable. Our players were not allowed to win any 50/50
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Deltamani:
The focus is there… now I just need to work on the finish. I guess that’s what the #theoffseason is for…

Ifeoma Onumonu

Loyal 9. But looking at the 9s that are going to this world cup, omo...we need a better striker to be honest. Pace and Stamina especially. I also hope the girls see how Qatar went and get motivated to be like Morocco. Unless the Morocco ladies will fly that flag.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lol angry the only way i will agree with you is if we had 3 red cards against Cameroon
BascoVanVeli:

A case can be made for both reds. The calls that were made against Cameroon were unfathomable. Our players were not allowed to win any 50/50
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Deltamani:

Ifeoma Onumonu

Boss how far,

Any favourable news from Mexico concerning Uchenna Kanu, Heard there is an uprising there now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
do4luv14:

Boss how far,

Any favourable news from Mexico concerning Uchenna Kanu, Heard there is an uprising there now

The uprising is primarily in Sinaloa. Think Uche is in the Capital city. I believe she should be fine
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
lovewins:

The uprising is primarily in Sinaloa. Think Uche is in the Capital city. I believe she should be fine

I pray so too, cos the target are the Govt, who are in the City
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
Highlights of Delta Queens vs Naija Ratels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4tu-PV9kM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Your MAC Hermann Trophy WINNER!!!! ��

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
REGINA OTU FINDING HER FORM BACK

Regina Otu (26yrs) mainly plays as a defensive midfielder, although she has also been deployed in a box-to-box role in the centre of the pitch or even as a centre-back on occasion. Otu is an intelligent, physically strong, mobile, aggressive, and hard-tackling midfielder, with an extremely high work-rate. While she is mainly known for her ability to provide balance to her teams by supporting her more offensive-minded teammates defensively, and distributing the ball to them accurately after winning back possession, she is also a well-rounded midfielder with an ability to get forward with her runs off the ball, or start attacks with her passing. These characteristics also enable her to contribute offensively, or even score goals, in addition to breaking up plays. Moreover, her quick reactions, as well as her excellent positional sense, ability to read the game, and good anticipation, enable her to excel in a holding midfield role in front of the defence, by cutting out counter-attacks and shielding the back-line.

Often described as "rigidity" by top Nigerian Media man Sam Ahmadu, and has drawn praise from pundits for her energetic and combative style of play, as well as her tactical awareness and abilities as a ball winner, which enable her to cover ground, track back, and press opponents. Her tenacity on the pitch, exemplified by her fierce challenges and stamina, led Edwin Okon to nickname her "The Shield." Otu playing style has drawn comparisons with that of Liverpool defensive midfielder Fabinho..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
BACK TO CAMP

Ghana head Coach, Nora Häuptle has invited 47 domestic players for camping�️ ahead of 2023 @wafuB Cup and AWCON 2024 qualifiers.

�️ First batch will report on Monday, January 9.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
Deltamani:
BACK TO CAMP

Ghana head Coach, Nora Häuptle has invited 47 domestic players for camping�️ ahead of 2023 @wafuB Cup and AWCON 2024 qualifiers.

�️ First batch will report on Monday, January 9.

Straight to biz mood
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
The Coaches Leading the Superfalcon to the 2023 FIFA women’s World Cup in Australia/New Zealand

Randy Waldrum 66yrs
Lauren Gregg 62yrs

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Beautiful finish by Super Zee Oshoala against Toni Payne and Sevilla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
A great first half for Oshoala

Scored a beautiful goal

Gave a fantastic assist

Won a penalty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2023
I hope Chiamaka wasn't in the Paris team that conceded 5 against Tosin and Rofiat
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
I hope Chiamaka wasn't in the Paris team that conceded 5 against Tosin and Rofiat

Lol ….

She wasn’t in the match day Squad, it was the second choice goalkeeper and their U20 goalie that were available..

I was literally worried for Paris FC at first cus of Chiamaka Nnadozie absence..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:22am On Jan 08, 2023
Asisat Oshoala vs Toni Payne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jk1Vy9m4Q

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:39am On Jan 08, 2023
Turbine Portdam Defender Onyinyechi Zogg

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:43am On Jan 08, 2023
Young Stade de Reim of France Center Back Blessing Demehin…

I like my CB with intimidating physique… Maybe Demehin should add up a little flesssssssh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
Granadilla vs Atletico

This referee is too Bias na. Even Gift should have had a goal if not for the ref blowing nonsense
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rasheedat has missed some chances that she should be finishing.

If Gift could pass to herself her team would be winning right now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Rasheedat has missed some chances that she should be finishing.

If Gift could pass to herself her team would be winning right now

Gift is playing too wide and drops too deep.

I think she's playing to instruction though cause she did exactly the same thing in her last game.

She'll add more to the team offensively if she's allowed to participate more in attack and not just contribute
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
9ja Blood�

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
Osinachi Ohale vs Valencia

Fine performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqiEBKbdRs

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:58am On Jan 09, 2023
Tosin Demehin has the preferred stature and the right attributes for a center-back.
Those with 'intimidating physique' are usually slow and immobile.

Deltamani:
Young Stade de Reim of France Center Back Blessing Demehin…

I like my CB with intimidating physique… Maybe Demehin should add up a little flesssssssh?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: ddone and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.