Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (807525 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
Deltamani:

But why will D Alaves line up with 6 Defenders?😂😂

Is it easy grin they were doing damage control
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Unfortunately, some Nigerians live in la-la land.

Not only can you not pay the current coaches you have currently contracted on time (both local and foreign), yet you want a 'quality coach'? The country is in economic shambles yet you all keep yelling for a 'world class' coach? You all need to wake up and face reality!

You show pics of this Algerian coach watching domestic league games. For one, the Algerian local league for women is much more organized than the Nigerian one. Secondly, how many players in their National team ply their trade overseas compared to those playing in the domestic leagues?

Considering that the bulk of the Nigerian WNT comprises of players overseas, does it make any sense for Randy to attend domestic matches, when you consider the rather poor quality of play and the fact that the real good ones are showcased in international competitions (U17, U20 and WAFU B) and the very best of them have already been given a look in? (Ogbonna Akudo, Tosin Demehin, Imuran, Abiodun, Onyenezide, Florish, etc)?

We really need to be realistic here and stop casting aspirations into the sky. Nigerian female football has at least three or four times more talent plying their trade overseas, than any other Nation in Africa! Let that sink in for a sec!
Deltamani:
Quality Coaching matters, Talent without good guidance won’t yield anything…. With Nnadozie, Oshoala, Okoronkwo, Ucheibe, Ajibade, Payne and Co will still couldn’t get a Quality Coach to Lead them..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
AkinDS:

Not only can you not pay the current coaches you have currently contracted on time (both local and foreign), yet you want a 'quality coach'? The country is in economic shambles yet you all keep yelling for a 'world class' coach? You all need to wake up and face reality!

You show pics of this Algerian coach watching domestic league games. For one, the Algerian local league for women is much more organized than the Nigerian one. Secondly, how many players in their National team ply their trade overseas compared to those playing in the domestic leagues?

Considering that the bulk of the Nigerian WNT comprises of players overseas, does it make any sense for Randy to attend domestic matches, when you consider the rather poor quality of play and the fact that the real good ones are showcased in international competitions (U17, U20 and WAFU B) and the very best of them have already been given a look in? (Ogbonna Akudo, Tosin Demehin, Imuran, Abiodun, Onyenezide, Florish, etc)?

We really need to be realistic here and stop casting aspirations into the sky. Nigerian female football has at least three or four times more talent plying their trade overseas, than any other Nation in Africa! Let that sink in for a sec!

All I said was Quality Coaching matters…. And Randy isn’t one of such Coach..

Again is never going to be a bad idea to watch the Local league players here as per there's WAFU tournament also, or are you saying he will just come up with names of players once the tournament comes up… Or the Thomas Dennerby that watch the Local Leagues here and picked players did bad?

At least Thomas is even better than Randy Waldrum he has a WAFCON trophy to show for…

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
AkinDS:

Concerning payment are you saying Randy receives as much as Super Eagles Coach? No wonder he’s more of a per time coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
Not sure what you mean by 'quality coaching'. Dennerby's team selection for the WC was predictable, as the team could be said to pick itself and was pretty much a carry over from Okon's team, for the most part. Randy's team will be largely a younger, revamped one, in comparison to those managed by Dennerby/Okon.

The circumstances under which Dennerby won WAFCON were vastly different from what Randy faced, in terms of quality of opposition (the growth and advent of new super powers in Africa), state of the team (SF being infused with a ton of new and much younger players lacking WAFCON experience) and overall quality of play (faster, technical depth of players).

If Dennerby competed in this tournament, I very much doubt if he would have made it past the semi's into the finals.
Deltamani:

Again is never going to be a bad idea to watch the Local league players here as per there's WAFU tournament also, or are you saying he will just come up with names of players once the tournament comes up… Or the Thomas Dennerby that watch the Local Leagues here and picked players did bad?

At least Thomas is even better than Randy Waldrum he has a WAFCON trophy to show for
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:59am On Feb 12, 2023
How you could draw such an inference from what I stated is rather baffling.
I have no clue on what Randy's remunerations are, but I am pretty sure it's not as much as what this Algerian fellow and his colleague at Morocco are being paid. This is likely because of the form of his contract and what the NFF could afford to pay, based on their anemic budget.
Deltamani:

Concerning payment are you saying Randy receives as much as Super Eagles Coach? No wonder he’s more of a per time coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:25am On Feb 12, 2023
Canadian players will now start training for SheBelieves tomorrow

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
Just one spot in your starting 11… who are you picking??

Here’s the vote log on Soccerdonna

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
Deltamani:

At least Thomas is even better than Randy Waldrum he has a WAFCON trophy to show for…

Pls which WAFCON Trophy does Randy had?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2023
do4luv14:

Pls which WAFCON Trophy does Randy had?

Did you read well at all, It’s Thomas Dennerby not Randy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tony Payne Scores… 43mins.

Real Sociedad (0)-(1) Sevilla FC

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tony Payne Scores Again… 56min

Real Sociedad (0)-(2) Sevilla FC

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Looks like this 2023-side of the 22/23 season is in her favor seeing she initially had no goals between Sept and Dec.

3 league goals now since the turn of the new year. Coming into scoring form in good time, Toni.🔥

Deltamani:
Tony Payne Scores Again… 56min

Real Sociedad (0)-(2) Sevilla FC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Deltamani:

Did you read well at all, It’s Thomas Dennerby not Randy

Seems you have edited it, or there was a mistake,
reread your post I quoted again plz
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
do4luv14:

Seems you have edited it, or there was a mistake,

reread your post I quoted again plz

Edit something you already quoted? Nawa👀
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
Esther

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Barcelona should loan Vicky Lopez and stop this nonsense

The definitely will but not yet time for that. She's still 16 and they will do that when she probably turns 18. She's still with Spain U17 sef just to tell you that she's still a toddler . LoL

From the trend I've seen in Spain, they don't rush young players up the developmental ladder. They let th.take their time.

She will follow the same developmental route as Claudia Pina. Pina also made her 1st team debut at 15 I. 2016 or so, from La masia. She was a part player for the 1st team too before she eventually got loaned to Sevilla when she was 18/19 yrs. She immediately tore the league apart with her performance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
timay1:

The definitely will but not yet time for that. She's still 16 and they will do that when she probably turns 18. She's still with Spain U17 sef just to tell you that she's still a toddler . LoL

From the trend I've seen in Spain, they don't rush young players up the developmental ladder. They let th.take their time.

She will follow the same developmental route as Claudia Pina. Pina also made her 1st team debut at 15 I. 2016 or so, from La masia. She was a part player for the 1st team too before she eventually got loaned to Sevilla when she was 18/19 yrs. She immediately tore the league apart with her performance.

I don't think she'll be loaned out. Do you know what it means to get minutes no matter how small in the current Barcelona setup?

The fact that she gets included regularly in the senior team list is a pointer to the plans they have for her. She probably the only Barcelona B player that trains regularly with the senior team.

I believe she'll get more time next season, and if she grows into her role, she definitely become a starter. Loaning her out isn't likely in my opinion.

But again, you may just be right about her going the Pina route.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
Our World Cup preparations are inadequate - Banyana striker Thembi Kgatlana

Banyana Banyana’s Thembi Kgatlana has raised serious concerns about the preparations for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup starting in Australia and New Zealand in July.

Kgatlana feels the national women's team should frequently be playing matches against higher-ranked opposition, and they should also stage camps where players can engage regularly and gel as a squad.

In a straight-talking interview with the South African Football Journalists Association (SAFJA) recently, Kgatlana outlined her concerns. Banyana’s hierarchy will do well to ponder her remarks.

According to Kgatlana, there is no justification to say Banyana stands a chance of winning matches at the World Cup because preparations, as it stands now, are inadequate.

"We are still underdogs! Yes, we are not in the group of death, and I hear people saying we have a chance. I believe so too, but it’s going to take more than just saying it," argued Kgatlana.

"We need great preparations, and that starts with playing higher-ranked teams. We need to be in camps even when it’s not FIFA breaks. This will help players that are locally based to play together and get to know each other.

"We should be at a point where we have a good idea of the players we are going to take to the World Cup.

"We should have an idea of how we want to play, what is it that we want to play and, bring in those players. This can be difficult, because the league is not fully professional in South Africa.

"Some players don’t go to training because they must work, and they also have school. This means that we have a short time to prepare for a major tournament like the World Cup.
"But if our SA league was professional, football becomes your everyday job. You are competing at a high level. And I think that’s something that we need to be realistic about, sadly we don’t have that.”

These are concerns that Kgatlana has raised several times and last October she took to social media to drive the point home in a tweet: “We can never emphasise enough the importance of having a fully professional women’s league in South Africa. The intensity and pace are too high when we play European countries. And we are not coping at all.”

The Sasol-sponsored Banyana is in Group G alongside Sweden, Italy and Argentina. She says Banyana are facing an uphill battle because players lack the experience of playing in strong leagues abroad.

Last year Banyana did not fare well against international competition in friendlies. Last October team was humbled 4-1 by Australia, the co-hosts of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

A month earlier, Banyana suffered 3-0 and 6-0 losses to Brazil in friendly internationals in Johannesburg and Durban.

Kgatlana cannot predict how the SA team with its lowly world ranking of 54 will fare in the group stages against Sweden (3), Italy (17) and Argentina (29).

“We’ve played Sweden a couple of times and that doesn’t mean anything because the team that played against Sweden a couple of years ago is longer there," said Kgatlana.

"Half of them are not there or have not been called up or are injured.

"We have a new team and for me that’s worrying. Every time we go into a tournament, we have a new team instead of building up from the team that we have always had and kept over the years. I think that’s where our strength lies – the more time we spend together, understand and know each other, the better we perform.

"For example, when we prepared for the Olympics in 2016 under coach Vera (Pauw), we were together for about six months and we got to understand each other.

"Yes, we did not progress to the next round but for me, we gave a great display of football. It was the best we ever played because we were at a level of understanding each other. It was also because of camping every time there was a chance. Right now, there aren’t too many FIFA breaks, so preparation is going to be key.

"Yes, we have won the CAF Women’s Africa Cup of Nations, but we must be realistic. Our group opponents are all ranked higher than us, and a lot of their players are playing in Europe or in their countries where they have professional leagues. We are still trying to progress to that level.

"It takes a lot for South Africans to step up. It’s about making sure that the conditioning of the players is on point. Ensuring a good environment has been created for the players to perform at a high level.

"In my opinion, we need more from everyone and that’s why the game needs to be professionalised in South Africa. It would be great if we were almost on the same level when it comes to performance, but we are not.”

Kgatlana has been a year out of the game to recuperate, but has made a remarkable recovery and could be back on the field sooner than expected with her new US club Racing Louisville FC.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Deltamani:

Edit something you already quoted? Nawa👀

It's OK, I had seen it, but you don't put a coma there
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
Oshoala goal was offside or did i see it wrong ?
BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala vs Osinachi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdRJjuEkAo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Maryann Ezenagu 🇳🇬 training with her new Zenith St Petersburg 🇷🇺 teammates in Antalya, Turkey 🇹🇷

"I am enjoying every moment at my new club and looking forward to having great moments with this wonderful club".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
IFFHS WOMEN'S YOUTH (U20) CONTINENTAL BEST PLAYERS 2022 - CAF

For more information, visit the website:
https://iffhs.com/posts/2551

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Like Julia just said.. I'm all for veterans should be given the space and time to retire when they are ready, and should only do so when their replacement has been found, as experience is experience, it can prove the game-changer. All that considered, Onome Ebi's time is nigh. Tough to see how she keeps up with the Sam Kerrs at the World Cup. Even club-wise, it has started going south. She remains legendary, all the same ..

By the way there are Young Bloods like Ramat Imuran who hasn’t played a single competitive game since joining Stade de Reim in France and doesn’t even make match day team lists talk more of bench, we have made excuses for them concerning their regular Training…Alongside 3rd Choice goalkeeper Yewande Balogun who looks better in this case as she has played 1 league game and various Cup games and regularly make Match day team lists and Bench...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Please do more research before making statements like this, as your comments are patently false.
Dec 10, 2022 - Dijon vs Stade de Reims - Arkema D1 - Rofiat came in as a sub in that match.
Feb 04, 2023 - Guingamp vs Stade de Reims - Arkema D1 - Rofiat was on the bench but did not play the match.
In between, she seemed to have picked up a knock.
Next Stade de Reims game is Feb 25, 2023 at home to Paris FC (after the FIFA break).

Additional evidence:
Min 4:11 (Please tell us who the #25 person in black playing in the DFCO vs. SDR match is?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfohBOyUNI&t=253s

Deltamani:

By the way there are Young Bloods like Ramat Imuran who hasn’t played a single competitive game since joining Stade de Reim in France and doesn’t even make match day team lists talk more of bench, we have made excuses for them concerning their regular Training…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
Plumptre was solid for 90 minutes as Leicester city beat Liverpool away from home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
Unfortunately, the resurgence of Leicester might be a little too late.
Hopefully, they will avoid relegation.
isan:
Plumptre was solid for 90 minutes as Leicester city beat Liverpool away from home
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
its between reading and Leicester, i think thier 2nd leg will be the decider
AkinDS:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
isan:
its between reading and Leicester, i think thier 2nd leg will be the decider

Potentially, any of no 8 to 12 can still relegate. The point difference is less than 2 games and they still have 10 gameweeks to go.

Leicester's problem has been primarily on the offensive side. You'll notice they are not the worst defensively. There are persons ahead of them on the table who are a lot more terrible than they are defensively. Difference is they make up for it up front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
AkinDS:

Even if Leicester relegates, Ashleigh can walk into any of the other teams if she wants to. Problem has always been her sentimental attachment to her home club.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, Sunnyson8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.