Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,876 members, 7,844,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (825404 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1079) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:36am On Jul 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Christy Ucheibe is a beast. No stronger Midfielder on the African continent. She has been everywhere. God Damn!

Worthy of the #10 shirt indeed.

She is the best in the field.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:36am On Jul 21, 2023
Super Chi!!!

You aren't best GK in France for nothing. Top Performance. World Class.

Deltamani:
What a moment! 🦅 💚🤍💚 🦅 Nnadozie Chiamaka

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kingjite1: 5:36am On Jul 21, 2023
The woman of the match for me is Christis Uchebi she gave me the Kante vibe

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
I will say this again
Nigeria has the best female goalie on the planet
Wow. Randy made her captain. Huge statement
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
yinkeys:

But that’s a red card

A Canadian also stepped on Ohale’s ankle o
And no card was given
I thought of that too. I think it's because she was lying down. And I'm not really sure Ohale's was on the ankle joint.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Kingjite1:
The woman of the match for me is Christis Uchebi she gave me the Kante vibe
Nah.
Abiodun was better.
Just the red card error
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:
So VAR can’t check that Foul on Ohale??
Its annoying that stuff like that get overlooked always
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
lovewins:
Who is dumb enough to give Demehin a back pass as last man?

Even with support she's shaky how much more alone.

Works hard but lacks confidence. Her body language screams "don't pass the ball to me"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
yinkeys:

But that’s a red card

A Canadian also stepped on Ohale’s ankle o
And no card was given

Both tackles were red card worthy. The problem was that the referee chose which tackle to consult the V.A.R for. She didn't even go to the monitors to check that foul on Ohale.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
True but he was conservative which wasn't that bad.
Pushing more bodies forward would have exposed us badly as our defence was a bit shaky.
Deltamani:

If we had a better Coach we would have beaten Canada Fair and Square… Coaching Matters a lot!

Deborah would have been taken out at 70minutes at least… I wonder when he brought in Echegini and moved her to the Flank, why not bring in Monday Gift
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
yinkeys:
They should play overhead balls to Kanu o
I think Nnadozie and Abiodun are our best players on the pitch
Sadly that’s a red card

This girl should not have been called up for training session.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2023
Why was she needed to be subbed?
The truth is none of the subs that came in made any impact.
Abiodun, as a starter, was playing very well and could have gone the full 90.
Absolutely NO reason to sub her.

Randy was spot on in his team selection today.
Kudos to our SF and massive SHAME on FIFA for their RACIST intent.
Jojodjo:
While Randy failed to sub Abiodun earlier on, let's not forget her ability to mark and pressure the Canadians was much needed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2023
AkinDS:
FIFA and their implicit RACISM.
The girl that stumped on Ohale should have been redcarded. That stump was so late, it came in yesterday.
But because she was white, not even a yellow card.

I knew there was a racist intent when there was NO African on the VAR team. And I was proven right.
CAF must insist on having an African on the VAR team whenever an African team plays.
This is not even fully anymore.

Racist bastards!

It's why I'm proud of this result. The girls were playing against Canada and the referees. She hardly called foul in Nigeria's favour but gave Canada the advantage every minute opportunity he got.

Canada had 2 high boot situations that they didn't even check. God pass them sha.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:39am On Jul 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
No Ayinde, No Ajibade, yet the Super falcons stood strong against the reigning Olympic Champions, Canada.

Ofcos both should return for the next game.

That's a positive especially with Ayinde returning just in time following Abiodun's late red today.
Those two should not now return to XI and start playing rubbish o. Ehen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Jojodjo:
While Randy failed to sub Abiodun earlier on, let's not forget her ability to mark and pressure the Canadians was much needed.

Does this mean Onyi Echegini can’t do that??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:40am On Jul 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Super Chi!!!

You aren't best GK in France for nothing. Top Performance. World Class.

Better than Ann Chiejine. Best to dorn the jersey for the Super Falcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:40am On Jul 21, 2023
Let me guess...
They should have called Mommy Okobi instead, right?
Unbelievable! Dumbest comment I ever heard!
Idiko1:

This girl should not have been called up for training session.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:41am On Jul 21, 2023
We defend well, work hard and can soak pressure but our ball retention and passing game is shit
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:41am On Jul 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
No Ayinde, No Ajibade, yet the Super falcons stood strong against the reigning Olympic Champions, Canada.

Ofcos both should return for the next game.

That's a positive especially with Ayinde returning just in time following Abiodun's late red today.

There is no difference between Ayinde and Abiodun.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:41am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:

If we had a better Coach we would have beaten Canada Fair and Square… Coaching Matters a lot!

Deborah would have been taken out at 70minutes at least… I wonder when he brought in Echegini and moved her to the Flank, why not bring in Monday Gift
We didn't have the personnel to press their weak defenders and at least a midfielder that will be winning fouls in threatening areas. By 2nd half he should have brought in Esther and Kanu to win this game. Oshoala and Onumonu don't have the energy to press. We need to use that approach cos that's the modern style. Glad our defence stood up and our Gk with WOTM performance. Going forward, my eyes are on Alozie. She will win tackle but cause double trouble for herself and everyone deep in our half. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Just to protect her because she made tackles which was for the good of the team but had earned warnings and exposed her to possible a yellow/red card which eventually happened.

The team did well, Randy too grin
AkinDS:
Why was she needed to be subbed?
The truth is none of the subs that came in made any impact.
Abiodun, as a starter, was playing very well and could have gone the full 90.
Absolutely NO reason to sub her.

Randy was spot on in his team selection today.
Kudos to our SF and massive SHAME on FIFA for their RACIST intent.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
daveP:

1st foul by Nigeria was by her in our box. 2nd one was also by her. It's time Randy tell Ordega to stay out of the box henceforth. She's a detriment to the defense.

Yeah but at least she tracked back to defend compared to Oshoala and the other attackers. She just needs to do her defending outside the penalty area.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Breathe!!! Then Applaud!

Who do you single out for praise 'cos I will have to pick in this order..
1. Chiamaka Nnadozie
2. Christy Ucheibe
3. Tony Payne
4. Osinachi Ohale
5. Deborah Abeodun..

Notable pick, Ashleigh Plumptre, Ifeoma Onumonu and Blessing Demehin

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
semid4lyfe:

Better than Ann Chiejine. Best to dorn the jersey for the Super Falcons
Yes. She’s the best goalie ever
So much composure at 23
And I did watch Chiejine in 1999
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 5:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Very Poor in game management from a very clueless coach....The tactics and instructions we start games with, are usually same we play with through out and finish the game. There's never a change or switch in the teams in-game mentality during games ( Possessional play, route one, Low block, high press, positional play, all out attack, all out defense, get stuck-in etc. ), No subs to offset teams deficiencies or exploit opponents deficiencies during games, we are all so predictable.
I've never watched a super falcons game under this man where the super falcons takes the initiative. We have never "played to win", it's always playing not to lose or not to lose by a wide margin.

The players and coach's celebrations after the game should tell you all you need to know. They went into the game trying not to lose....Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Jojodjo:
A simple tweak, though easier said than done, was yo bring two players that can press and leave Christy as DM. The entire midfield were exhausted after 60th min sotey you'll think we still on 2subs mode. Randy should allow these ladies not get injuries abeg.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:43am On Jul 21, 2023
First ever WWC game for most of these ladies.
Nerves, jitters, etc.

After the match, and after watching match video, the faults and kinks will be highlighted and worked on.
daveP:
We didn't have the personnel to press their weak defenders and at least a midfielder that will be winning fouls in threatening areas. By 2nd half he should have brought in Esther and Kanu to win this game. Oshoala and Onumonu don't have the energy to press. We need to use that approach cos that's the modern style. Glad our defence stood up and our Gk with WOTM performance. Going forward, my eyes are on Alozie. She will win tackle but cause double trouble for herself and everyone deep in our half. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 5:44am On Jul 21, 2023
Ayinde is technically sound than Abiodun; no disrespect to her.
AYINDE happens to be the best DM we've got safe for Ucheibe.
Abeg, there's difference
Idiko1:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:44am On Jul 21, 2023
Idiko1:

Please stop it, that’s an insult to Halimatu Ayinde

There’s a Big Big difference

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:45am On Jul 21, 2023
AkinDS:
Let me guess...

I do not give a ratass about Okobi. Abiodun is a waste of position on the team, period. What could be dumber than a phrase, "Mommy Okobi'?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:46am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:

Please stop it, that’s an insult to Halimatu Ayinde

There’s a Big Big difference

Halimatu Ayinde would have fetched the team a red card too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:46am On Jul 21, 2023
AkinDS:
Let me guess...

You guys keep engaging someone who craves attention.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1079) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.