Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,192 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (837963 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:47am On Jul 21, 2023
COOL10:

Yeah but at least she tracked back to defend compared to Oshoala and the other attackers. She just needs to do her defending outside the penalty area.

Oshoala duty is to stay up field. Nothing concern her with defending. But they should let Ordega stay outside too. She caused a similar foul that got overlook at wafcon as well. Defence will be structures and her moves go just kpai momentum.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 5:47am On Jul 21, 2023
Valid point but I think we lacked players on the bench who could press; be like na attack minded players dy pass
daveP:
A simple tweak, though easier said than done, was yo bring two players that can press and leave Christy as DM. The entire midfield were exhausted after 60th min sotey you'll think we still on 2subs mode. Randy should allow these ladies not get injuries abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 5:47am On Jul 21, 2023
lovewins:

No it's not unbelievable. Deb fit more into Randy's plan. The first half was to set up defensively and soak the pressure and that's exactly what they did. It's why Canada has no shot in target.

We may be a little more liberal in the second half.

Yeah. You might be right. Deborah probably needs to quickly understand that going foward in the national team her role will not be much of an offensive player as she played with the junior team. She need to start prepping her mind in the direction of a defensive midfield. Because when we look at her performance defensive-wise, I noticed she excelled quite well. She got the ball and distributes it perfectly well. I was looking at her with the idea that she is an offensive player with some deadly long ball shot. Barring the red card she did perform satisfactorily. She is being moulded to a form of kante like manner.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:

Randy Waldrum is to Blame here💯

Obviously he is.....I wanted her hooked at half time, but she had a very "Ok" last 10 mins in the first half, so I would have allowed her start the 2nd and sub her by minute 55'
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Onumonu tried today, but against Australia, Randy should go for more natural wingers... Esther and Ajibade on the flank should do..

Kudos to the ladies, they really tried..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:48am On Jul 21, 2023
AkinDS:
First ever WWC game for most of these ladies.
Nerves, jitters, etc.

After the match, and after watching match video, the faults and kinks will be highlighted and worked on.
Evidently.

Now we move to the return of Ayinde and Rash. That midfield survived today. We didn't dominate at all. We need to dominate, especially that pressing. Looks like we didn't have man marking structure for the press sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:50am On Jul 21, 2023
Chiamaka Nnadozie is one of the reasons I feel so relaxed about the super falcons defense... Easily one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:51am On Jul 21, 2023
Jojodjo:
Valid point but I think we lacked players on the bench who could press; be like na attack minded players dy pass
That press style will determine how far we go. We can't continue to play 2nd fiddle all 90. But this is a good test of resilience and character.

Debbie will be frightened. The senior girls should encourage her. Should have been 10 v10 but racism dey officiating.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:51am On Jul 21, 2023
AkinDS:
FIFA and their implicit RACISM.
The girl that stumped on Ohale should have been redcarded. That stump was so late, it came in yesterday.
But because she was white, not even a yellow card.

I knew there was a racist intent when there was NO African on the VAR team. And I was proven right.
CAF must insist on having an African on the VAR team whenever an African team plays.
This is not even fully anymore.

Racist bastards!

100% Fact.

Biased commentary too (notice the commentator deliberately didn't mention it was a red card offense when Ohale was stumped on and didn't make reference to it when Abiodun was red-carded for a similar foul)

All in all, good result.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:52am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:

If we had a better Coach we would have beaten Canada Fair and Square… Coaching Matters a lot!

Deborah would have been taken out at 70minutes at least… I wonder when he brought in Echegini and moved her to the Flank, why not bring in Monday Gift
Beaten Canada fair and square? Maybe you need to look at Canada's stats.

Canada were the better team. Even a better coach will struggle to draw. We need to focus on beating Ireland.

Echegini was brought in to change formation into a five man defense (5-3-2). To close up the back not to score.

Bringing in Monday gift is when you're looking for goals. You don't go looking for goals in dying minutes with a team that is better than you because you'll concede. You sit and wait for opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 5:52am On Jul 21, 2023
If we had a coach less fixed in his ways, we would've beaten Canada.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 5:53am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:
Breathe!!! Then Applaud!

Who do you single out for praise 'cos I will have to pick in this order..
1. Chiamaka Nnadozie
2. Christy Ucheibe
3. Tony Payne
4. Osinachi Ohale
5. Deborah Abeodun..

Notable pick, Ashleigh Plumptre, Ifeoma Onumonu and Blessing Demehin

I guess madness is a free gift in Nigeria. In the absence of head case, the bolded could not have been written in this context. The cream of the crop includes Chiamaka Nnadozie, Christy Ucheibe, Ashleigh Plumptre, Michelle Alozie, Osinachi Ohale and Uchenna Kanu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:53am On Jul 21, 2023
Danielnino00:
Onumonu tried today, but against Australia, Randy should go for more natural wingers... Esther and Ajibade on the flank should do..

Kudos to the ladies, they really tried..
I'll prefer Kanu and Oshoala. I dunno why Desire is not available. Injured? We really need natural wingers.

Ashleigh understands that supporting her winger is a keey requirement. Alozie didn't do that on the other side. Hopefully she does so next time. Those scrambles though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:57am On Jul 21, 2023
daveP:
I'll prefer Kanu and Oshoala. I dunno why Desire is not available. Injured? We really need natural wingers.

Ashleigh understands that supporting her winger is a keey requirement. Alozie didn't do that on the other side. Hopefully she does so next time. Those scrambles though.
Kanu would be good... Oshoala should just stay in the centre...

As for Alozie, she was kinda unsettled today..to be honest,she's usually unsettled in defence.... I hope Nicole Payne hits it's fast at PSG...so we will finally have a natural right back . Alozie, IMO is being wasted at right back....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 6:00am On Jul 21, 2023
These South African pre-game and post-game commentators have been disturbing us with their "Here for Her" bullshiiit but they couldn't even dedicate 5 mins to talk about that terrifying foul on Ohale. I don't even think it was mentioned at all.

So much for "Here for Her" undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:06am On Jul 21, 2023
I’ll prefer a midfield and attacking combo of Echegini, Ayinde, Payne, and Ucheibe;
Kanu and Oshoala

As usual, the width would be provided by Plumptre and Alozie
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 6:06am On Jul 21, 2023
daveP:

Michelle couldn't even bring down passes given to her....There was a play in the first half where we were 5v3 against Canada in their defensive 3rd, ball was played to her from Toni, she took like 6 touches before bringing the ball under control, by which then, the Canadian team had recovered their defensive positions to make it 5v7 and she had to make a back pass to Christy and it was intercepted...Lol. A simple control and cross or pass would have left Ordega, Onumonu, Oshoala, Deborah and Toni against Kadeisha, Gilles and Riviere.

Also Ahsley was cooking on that flank the whole first half, so she didn't have the opportunity to attack as often.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 6:08am On Jul 21, 2023
With Ayinde, Ajibade and probably Oparanozie available for the next games, I'm optimistic of good pressing.

She sure needs their encouragement else her morale would be affected. She has done well.
daveP:
That press style will determine how far we go. We can't continue to play 2nd fiddle all 90. But this is a good test of resilience and character.

Debbie will be frightened. The senior girls should encourage her. Should have been 10 v10 but racism dey officiating.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2023
semid4lyfe:

Works hard but lacks confidence. Her body language screams "don't pass the ball to me"

Lol. Exactly. I feel she did a decent job. At least no costly errors. But then again she can look at Ohale and learn a thing or two about how she carries out her craft in terms of composure.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2023
Idiko1:

This girl should not have been called up for training session.

How many games have u watched her play in this role. She is one for the future. And did a lot of close-down running which was helpful. She was not attacking, but more like an opening or link to hold the ball. While Payne was the Speedstar
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:17am On Jul 21, 2023
M7even:

Lol. Exactly. I feel she did a decent job. At least no costly errors. But then again she can look at Ohale and learn a thing or two about how she carries out her craft in terms of composure.

But at U-20 level, she was quite confident with the ball..in fact, she was a known ball playing CB at u-20 level ......
With time,she should get better...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:17am On Jul 21, 2023
🚨TALKING POINTS🚨

The first half was interesting.
The Falcon closing down the space and making All the players drop so low including the striker. Moving uphill was a little bit difficult
Let’s see how the teams react in the next game.

- Nnadozie proved to us that with her, our hearts are save.

- Plumptre and Alozie made statements at the left and right back lines, making it their own but they’re still faulty, Alozie really need to know when to release the ball cause she get indecisive after winning the ball or when bursting forward, Plumptre still needs to work on her Strength and Pace.

-Demehin partnered well with Ohale. Her composure would definitely get better..

-Ucheibe and Abiodun had a decent game despite the latter getting sent off.

-Ordega and Oshoala needs to sit up and start showing why they are trusted as starters.

-Onumonu was brilliant too. She had a few glimpses and almost got a goal for Falcons.

...In all, l am very happy and impressed with the overall performances of the team.

An improvement against Australia and Ireland will see go through to the knockout stages.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:17am On Jul 21, 2023
lovewins:

It's why I'm proud of this result. The girls were playing against Canada and the referees. She hardly called foul in Nigeria's favour but gave Canada the advantage every minute opportunity he got.

Canada had 2 high boot situations that they didn't even check. God pass them sha.

I think the referee was fair to us as well. Her penalty and red card were VAR called. Abiodun should have received a card earlier but didn't get one. While we attacked the ball hit Onumonu's hand off the free kick of payne. So we can't have it all go our way.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:20am On Jul 21, 2023
Idiko1:

I guess madness is a free gift in Nigeria. In the absence of head case, the bolded could not have been written in this context. The cream of the crop includes Chiamaka Nnadozie, Christy Ucheibe, Ashleigh Plumptre, Michelle Alozie, Osinachi Ohale and Uchenna Kanu.

You probably have the bolder in you with the way you sound, I made a clear statement with what I saw the Ladies played.. Maybe make yours next time in a well mannered way cause I see you Lack that!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:20am On Jul 21, 2023
semid4lyfe:

Better than Ann Chiejine. Best to dorn the jersey for the Super Falcons

Lol. Bandana mummy Ann wasn't in any class distinction when compared to her contemporaries. Today our lady at the goalpost is an "A" level keeper. She gives the fans a confident feeling like having Vincent Enyeama in the goal post.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 6:21am On Jul 21, 2023
Damn...This Philippine team can complete more than 2 passes together....

....And all their players on the field are all Americans, with the exception of 3 players, one being Canadian, the other Australian and the other Norwegian....Who would have thought. Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:24am On Jul 21, 2023
semid4lyfe:
We defend well, work hard and can soak pressure but our ball retention and passing game is shit

You couldn't have said this better. We need to find a way about our offense. Perhaps we need to play on counter and we need to be clinical.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:27am On Jul 21, 2023
Idiko1:

There is no difference between Ayinde and Abiodun.

There is barely much she can offer than her experience at that role. And in our next game we will need an Abiodun type of athlete. The host nation will play on home advantage. And so we will need a person who can close down and destroy the game play
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 6:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Wait, are we really blaming the result on Racism? The leg breaker which deservedly so received a red on racism as well?

My god!! when will we ever grow tf up! We always gotta blame our profligacy and ineptness on someone else in this country...Smh

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 6:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨TALKING POINTS🚨

The first half was interesting.
The Falcon closing down the space and making All the players drop so low including the striker. Moving uphill was a little bit difficult
Let’s see how the teams react in the next game.

- Nnadozie proved to us that with her, our hearts are save.

- Plumptre and Alozie made statements at the left and right back lines, making it their own but they’re still faulty, Alozie really need to know when to release the ball cause she get indecisive after winning the ball or when bursting forward, Plumptre still needs to work on her Strength and Pace.

-Demehin partnered well with Ohale. Her composure would definitely get better..

-Ucheibe and Abiodun had a decent game despite the latter getting sent off.

-Ordega and Oshoala needs to sit up and start showing why they are trusted as starters.

-Onumonu was brilliant too. She had a few glimpses and almost got a goal for Falcons.

...In all, l am very happy and impressed with the overall performances of the team.

An improvement against Australia and Ireland will see go through to the knockout stages.

Wallahi tallai Francisca Ordega should just stick to makeup and modeling our jerseys.

Modern women's footy has left her behind.

Na OG tax she use dey see shirt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:
Wait, are we really blaming the result on Racism? The leg breaker which deservedly so received a red on racism as well?

My god!! when will we ever grow tf up! We always gotta blame our profligacy and ineptness on someone else in this country...Smh
You didn't see the tackle on Ohale?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Woman of the match, without question, is Chiamaka Nnadozie. Fantabulous penalty save! 😘👍🏾

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1087) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: faithtemisan93(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.