Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,732 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (828589 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (1081) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
AkinDS:
Oh, wow!
But it wasn't for the very obvious FACT that Okobi is old and simply does not have the kind of energy that a Jennifer Echegini or Debbie Abiodun Also, the last time I checked, Okobi was a midfielder, not a forward. But hey, what do I know.
I never said Okobi was a forward.
I meant we took more 9’s than required
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2023
…….
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Idiko1:

This girl should not have been called up for training session.

No point arguing with you
You didn’t watch the game carefully
Abiodun had a solid performance
The red card tackle was probably the only significant error in her game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
carbonado:
The way these Zambian players get out of position is mind blowing, they cant even read plays, they just tend to follow the ball hence leaving great space behind. They give too many wayward passes.

And some people were claiming they could have defeated Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
yinkeys:

Japan are one time world champions
They also lost their best player/captain it seems
This 1st outing is just for exposure
Japan beat us recently too

During the friendly that they beat us, we were without key players, yet they needed two wrong calls to score 2 against us. As for me, that game ended 1 nill. Besides, Grace Chanda is not Zambia's best player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Now, to the people mentioning names like Ajakaiye, Sebastine, Olise, etc, who do you think they should have replaced in Super Falcons?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Chiamaka Nnadozie's post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmcuMO0QmUM

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nnadozie said she’s relaxed and having fun

That means she’s achieved Mastery level in goalkeeping @ 23
So many hours of practice.
Wow

Hoping her knees heal quick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
So because she started up games she's top 3 automatically?
Ajibade
Ohale
Toni payne
They are the top 3 AWCON
yinkeys:

Yes she would.
I watched all the games
Rita was taken off Starting 11
And Okobi held that spot till the end of the tournament
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
solonnachi:

Ucheibe was everywhere in that game.
Yes, she was
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Yes, she was

Christy Uchiebe Strength is that of two People, she's just too Strong and energetic. She looks like someone who isn't even fast and I keep wondering how she close down her opponents swiftly..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
Schemerkhiz:

Christy Uchiebe Strength is that of two People, she's just too Strong and energetic. She looks like someone who isn't even fast and I keep wondering how she close down her opponents swiftly..
Ohale, Ucheibe and Abiodun; These 3 players were the defensive bedrock of the team vs Canada. It was hard to believe Abiodun is only 19 and was playing her first world cup match because of how fearless she played. Inexperience still cost her though.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Ohale, Ucheibe and Abiodun; These 3 players were the defensive bedrock of the team vs Canada. It was hard to believe Abiodun is only 19 and was playing her first world cup match because of how fearless she played. Inexperience still cost her though.

Very true inexperience cost her. I think she committed the foul late in the additional time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nigeriagood(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
yinkeys:

Anybody know Australia’s FIFA ranking ?
ten in the world while Canada are 7th
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
No one here is talking about Haiti's 🇭🇹 performance against England. Yeah, they lost to England by a retaken penalty but my God, their attack was really what we needed badly against Canada. Football is a teamwork, and not an assiat oshoala work. But the team needs her to click and be explosive as the number 6 of Haiti was. I'm sure Haiti will not go far in this word cup, but certainly, I recon they got a good team and that anything is possible going foward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please where's the person that stated that Zambia could have defeated Canada
Some analysis here irk and lack logic.

Not forgetting the comparison between Ayinde and Abiodun made by someone; the disrespect though sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Melchie Dumonay is an explosive player. Very good player. Just moved to Lyon this summer.
ex-Teammate of Demehin and Imuran at Stade Reims
M7even:
No one here is talking about Haiti's 🇭🇹 performance against England. Yeah, they lost to England by a retaken penalty but my God, their attack was really what we needed badly against Canada. Football is a teamwork, and not an assiat oshoala work. But the team needs her to click and be explosive as the number 6 of Haiti was. I'm sure Haiti will not go far in this word cup, but certainly, I recon they got a good team and that anything is possible going foward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Australians on google against Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
AkinDS:
Sorry, but I really struggle to see why everyone things she is all that? Her last international against Ghana was a poor exhibit for her.
I doubt if she will be as successful as Echeghini. In the midfield, I think that lady named Kalu who played in the WAFU competition in Ghana would be the next one to bring aboard the SF. The likes of Ajakaiye and Aminat Bello are waiting in the wings. Also, Rinsola is coming aboard after the WWC.

I hope I am wrong, but I really don't see her being an impact on the SF.

Haba na. Don't sound komek-ish so fast na. Anyways, a good coach will bring the best out of her. She's talented and one for the future. That wafu team is full of gems regardless of that outing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
mostob:
One player I'm really hoping turns out is Sebastine. That girl is a proper winger with football brains. She is not there yet but she has shown potential.
Sebastine is that baller we need. But even Kanu is still getting raves so.. unless they switch her wing sha. But i really wished more of the u20 team were here. Our forward game lacks serious threat and cordination and depends more on individual brilliance than team work. Ucheibe should stick to her DM role going forward.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:
Damn...Is Zambia in a competition to see how bad they can play or what?

ZAM 0-3 JPN
I just feel that team is disheveled after all the backstage gbasgbos. Playmaker leaves with illness excuse which I don't believe ever. Just camouflage to me. Technical teams just outmark a key forward and that's all. And african teams keep making same mistake all over and over again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
COOL10:
When it comes to football, technique will always defeat physicality 99% of the time. It's a shame that African teams are still struggling with the basics of football. The world has gone past Gbas Gbos football.
So far, only the Flying Easgles has given a hint that they are playing the modern game so far in a long long while. We gave top teams a big run for their money. I hope the next set of u20 falconets do something like that. We've been relying on individual brilliance for way too long.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Schemerkhiz:

We already know the analysis for the defense.

Let's shift to middle

Abiodun and Ucheibe did well defensively. Now that leaves Payne..... Noticed nobody has really analyzed her game vs Canada. I'm not that impressed. But as far as setpieces are a big deal in this team, i dont mind.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
hatakekakashi:

The only defensive bedrock of the team was Blessing Demehin, Abiodun and Nnadozie.

Ucheibe was playing like an amateur and also shooting long range shots far away from the box instead of passing to the nearest player thereby giving Canada the ball back and bringing un-necessary pressure on the team.

If Abiodun and onyiniZidane were in midfield then Canada won't have seen ball to play.

SF needs players that know how to pass the ball among themselves and won't be shooting from midfield.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
So these women carry their boyfriend issue enter pitch. Ruesha Littlejohn of ireland and caitlin foord of australia i see you
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
yinkeys:
Nnadozie said she’s relaxed and having fun
That means she’s achieved Mastery level in goalkeeping @ 23 So many hours of practice. Wow
Hoping her knees heal quick
she should work on her goal kicks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
M7even:
No one here is talking about Haiti's
i dont understand the defensive game the super falcons are playing. They give the opponents too much space and time to operate in a tournament where you are suppose to come out and play. In the next match, australia will come out and no defensive tactic will stop them from scoring

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:35am On Jul 21
FIFA and their implicit RACISM.
The girl that stumped on Ohale should have been redcarded. That stump was so late, it came in yesterday.
But because she was white, not even a yellow card.

I knew there was a racist intent when there was NO African on the VAR team. And I was proven right.
CAF must insist on having an African on the VAR team whenever an African team plays.
This is not even fully anymore.

Racist bastards!

Your intellectual dishonesty is very nauseating!! and one more thing, try not being obtuse!
Your inability to comprehend that minute detail in front of you is kinda laughable. I will suggest you sit aside and observe the analyses here henceforth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
daveP:
Sebastine is that baller we need. But even Kanu is still getting raves so.. unless they switch her wing sha. But i really wished more of the u20 team were here. Our forward game lacks serious threat and cordination and depends more on individual brilliance than team work. Ucheibe should stick to her DM role going forward.
that kanu gal is skilful. Look at the impact she made immediately she came on
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
daveP:
I just feel that team is disheveled after all the backstage gbasgbos. Playmaker leaves with illness excuse which I don't believe ever. Just camouflage to me. Technical teams just outmark a key forward and that's all. And african teams keep making same mistake all over and over again.
didn't banda play
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
potland:
that kanu gal is skilful. Look at the impact she made immediately she came on

For thes 1st games played so face, the impact of pace is the top determinant in all of them. The realization of this makes me don't want Onumonu to start again. I saw Desire training. High chase she starts. We need that hold up in the centre and more shots from centre. Kanu is a starter too. I know Oshoala is our star girl right now, but imagine Kanu starting and Oshoala coming on when kanu has wearied that RB already. Oh my!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
potland:
didn't banda play
Banda without a Grace Chanda to give those threatening passes? Japan used isolation to kill all attack by Zambia plus those Zambian no look interested in defending. I saw the extended highlights. They looked like the had a fufu party hours before the game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (1081) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: mostob(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.