Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802195 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2023
mostob:
Na wa for you o... grin grin grin

Writing I do again bayi??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by RawSex(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2023
Who swear for these SA girls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2023
They don't have the mental strength for big stage
lovewins:
South Africa leads. Hope they don't bottle it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:
South Africa leads. Hope they don't bottle it.

And they bottled it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2023
Aw I wish d falcons too can move d ball very fast ,d way S A ladies does…deir transition make sense pass our own but I hate deir defense with passion
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2023
elyte89:
Aw I wish d falcons too can move d ball very fast ,d way S A ladies does…deir transition make sense pass our own but I hate deir defense with passion

It requires repeated training..

Super Falcon players stand too far from each other to be able to move the ball fast.

It also requires repeated training in one - two passes, rondos. e.t.c.

I have only seen videos of Super Falcons jogging and exercising..

I have never ever seen videos of them passing among themselves or even doing rondos..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2023
isan:
They don't have the mental strength for big stage
They're a budding team that's gradually becoming one of the best in the continent so the mental strength will come as they garner more experience, and they're on the right path.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2023
🚨 Caruso brace alert!

🇮🇹 Italy are not giving up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by LordTheus(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2023
Pffft. South Africa blowing it again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2023
hatakekakashi:

They're a budding team that's gradually becoming one of the best in the continent so the mental strength will come as they garner more experience, and they're on the right path.

Budding bawo.

A large chunk of this team has been together for years o. The Nigerian team is younger than they are.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2023
potland:
Those Haitians are bunch of amateurs. Except delmonay abi what's her name. I hope they improve next WC

England that struggle to beat the physical Haiti team,if not for the penalty kick that Haiti defender commit. England will have drawn the match.Any team will be worried about each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2023
codemaniacs:

It requires repeated training..

Super Falcon players stand too far from each other to be able to move the ball fast.

It also requires repeated training in one - two passes, rondos. e.t.c.

I have only seen videos of Super Falcons jogging and exercising..

I have never ever seen videos of them passing among themselves or even doing rondos..
You're very correct. It requires time and proper coaching. Most of what the Falcons do is hoofing and puffing the ball around and wait for individual brilliance or mistakes from the opponent. We hardly see them play modern football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

Budding bawo.

A large chunk of this team has been together for years o. The Nigerian team is younger than they are.

They don’t know, They think majority of the SA players are U20 as it seems.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

Budding bawo.

What I meant was that they just started getting things right and are on the path to becoming an African powerhouse. Gone are the days when the Falcons dominate the entire African football.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2023
And they score again.

10 minutes to go.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:57am On Aug 02, 2023
Gooooooaaaaaaal
90+2’ South Africa (3)-(2) Italy

⚽️Kgatlana T. (Magaia H.) [SOU]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2023
hatakekakashi:

What I meant was that they just started getting things right and are on the path to becoming an African powerhouse. Gone are the days when the Falcons dominate the entire African football.

Baba, I understand you perfectly. It's what they've been saying for over a decade and they didn't just "started getting".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2023
The composure and execution in attack that delivered that goal for South Africa is simply....

WORLD CLASS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BlueMann: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2023
Kgatlana and Magaia 👏👏

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2023
potland:
SA too dey fúck up. All they need is a win. Italy is already goals down

They do know how to score goals man, they do.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2023
Fifa really trying their best to hrlp italy grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2023
How many minutes them add bayyyiiiiiii?

FIFA shame🙀

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2023
Every game has a different approach, china against Denmark were cautious because it's their first game that's why they lost 1-0 but against england they needed a win and set out to attack england which give england a lot of space at the back to punish them , they are also horrible at defending set pieces
Deltamani:

England that struggle to beat the physical Haiti team,if not for the penalty kick that Haiti defender commit. England will have drawn the match.Any team will be worried about each other.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

Baba, I understand you perfectly. It's what they've been saying for over a decade and they didn't just "started getting".
We'll see, but they look a more proper team than the Falcons.

We've been pretty decent this tournament, but I want to watch us play well and score team goals, not just from opponent errors alone. This present team is just defensive solidity and insha Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2023
Good for Africa to have 2 teams in round 16
Just imagine there's team like Ghana and Cameroon also
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2023
Kgatlana is HER, that woman breathes football. The only problem SA has is their defending. Imagine giving our defense to SA omo no doubt they will win the WC

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2023
2 African teams in the round of 16

Amazing!!!

To think we didn't qualify through the "best 3rd" route makes it even more impressive.

Congratulations South Africa

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2023
Jaybee3456:
South africa to win, my 5k dey on top. who else bet on them?

South Africa turn my 5K to 35k grin. I knew they would win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2023
Up bafana bafana
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2023
Morocco next
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2023
Congratulations to south Africa.

First-ever world cup win that earned them a place in the round 16 for the first time.

They averaged two goals per game in the group stage.

In comparison with Nigeria who had a better defense but averaged a goal per match. We were in a comfortable position after our second game. This tells you what a good and solid defense gives you in a tournament over a free-scoring side.
Nigeria conceded two goals throughout the group stage. And south Africa conceded an average of two goals pregame.
The south African girls perhaps play in a manner that allows them to attack and it could have been different if they hadn't scored the winner in today's game in the 93rd minute. However there is need for them to improve on their defense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2023
Deltamani:
How many minutes them add bayyyiiiiiii?

FIFA shame🙀
Jaybee3456:
Fifa really trying their best to hrlp italy grin

Make una end this narrative. It's becoming too petty. The time was even added before SA scored.

Whenever there's an injury or delay. The referee stops her watch. That's how FIFA decided things as recommended by the FIFA chief of referees Pierluigi Collina who wanted the entire 90 minutes of a game to be expended in active play. The new rule started during the World Cup in December.

Now you know why these things happen. Accusing FIFA of racism here is just silly. Please stop it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), Hardrive(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.