Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802594 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by RawSex(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2023
Who are SA playing in the round of 16?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2023
RawSex:
Holland
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mowah: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2023
RawSex:
Netherlands
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by RawSex(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Make una end this narrative. It's becoming too petty. The time was even added before SA scored.

Whenever there's an injury or delay. The referee stops her watch. That's how FIFA decided things as recommended by the FIFA chief of referees Pierluigi Collina who wanted the entire 90 minutes of a game to be expended in active play. The new rule started during the World Cup in December.

Now you know why these things happen. Accusing FIFA of racism here is just silly. Please stop it.
Don't mind these people.

Common mistakes we see everyday in club football too, they will come here and shout it's racism against Nigeria cheesy funny people
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:33am On Aug 02, 2023
hatakekakashi:

We'll see, but they look a more proper team than the Falcons.

We've been pretty decent this tournament, but I want to watch us play well and score team goals, not just from opponent errors alone. This present team is just defensive solidity and insha Allah.

This isn't surprising.

1. South Africa has a football philosophy. The ladies and the men play exactly the same way. The have a lot of pace and make smooth forward transitions. If you've followed South African football for sometime you'll know this. They didn't start playing like this today. The only issue is it doesn't translate into success. They don't really know how to win.

2. Like I said earlier, a large chunk of this South Africa team has played together for years. Coupled with their philosophy they'll definitely look a lot better.

3. The general outlook of the falcons gameplay isn't peculiar to them. If you watch the Super Eagles, they have the same problem. The eagles find it extremely difficult stringing passes together. It's a Nigerian issue that needs solving. The super Falcons are even getting better.

4. If more importance is the fact that the Super Falcons are a young team. When I say young I don't necessarily mean age (even though it's a part of it) but Korea importantly the time spent playing together. To explain better:

3 (75%) starting members of our defence (Demehin, Plumtre and Alozie) have been in the team for about 2 years or less. They've been actively playing together for less than a year.

5 persons have played in midfield for us since the word cup began (Abiodun, Ayinde, Payne, Echegini and Ucheibe). 4 (80%) of them have been in the team for 2 years or less and have been actively playing together for less than a year.

1 of the 3 players in attack (Onumonu) has been in the team less than 2 years and has been actively playing for 1.

This isn't making excuses as we demand better from the team. I'm just accounting for some reasons why this is. Randy has sorted out this team defensively to a large extent. Hopefully we can begin to work io . possession and transition moving forward.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2023
Wiegman made three changes from her starting XI that defeated Denmark 1-0 and moved James into the No. 10 role.

“[James] feels good, you can tell. She did special things today. Unfortunately, that one goal was cancelled. She flows over the pitch.

“We expected China to press high because they had to win to go through. But they just stayed in shape. They didn’t expect us to play this way, and they didn’t find a solution,” Wiegman told ITV after the game.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by RawSex(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2023
mowah:

Netherlands
Mogbe!

Us and them I don't know who's in a more hotter soup grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

This isn't surprising.

1. South Africa has a football philosophy. The ladies and the men play exactly the same way. The have a lot of pace and make smooth forward transitions. If you've followed South African football for sometime you'll know this. They didn't start playing like this today. The only issue is it doesn't translate into success. They don't really know how to win.

2. Like I said earlier, a large chunk of this South Africa team has played together for years. Coupled with their philosophy they'll definitely look a lot better.

3. The general outlook of the falcons gameplay isn't peculiar to them. If you watch the Super Eagles, they have the same problem. The eagles find it extremely difficult stringing passes together. It's a Nigerian issue that needs solving. The super Falcons are even getting better.

4. If more importance is the fact that the Super Falcons are a young team. When I say young I don't necessarily mean age (even though it's a part of it) but Korea importantly the time spent playing together. To explain better:

3 (75%) starting members of our defence (Demehin, Plumtre and Alozie) have been in the team for about 2 years or less. They've been actively playing together for less than a year.

5 persons have played in midfield for us since the word cup began (Abiodun, Ayinde, Payne, Echegini and Ucheibe). 4 (80%) of them have been in the team for 2 years or less and have been actively playing together for less than a year.

1 of the 3 players in attack (Onumonu) has been in the team less than 2 years and has been actively playing for 1.

This isn't making excuses as we demand better from the team. I'm just accounting for some reasons why this is. Randy has sorted out this team defensively to a large extent. Hopefully we can begin to work io . possession and transition moving forward.
You've spoken well bro, Hopefully we see some positive changes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2023
Panama with the fastest goal at this tournament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2023
During post match Press Conference, the Irish coach talked highly of Toni Payne and said she's our engine room and that they did their homework to ensure her involvement was reduced to render us less effective and that she's happy the plan was achieved. I didn't really take note of that but looks like she was almost right.

Like that, she don give Sarina expo. I hope we are wary they may want to repeat same? We can also take a similar approach to James as well. Without her, their attack is way way less effective. Siasia is an expert at these kind of gumbody marking approach for a Nigerian team on the world stage. Won't be bad if we can replicate that to frustrate them. China really made England look so so good than they are in reality. Although James is a clinical finisher and provider. Their Defence sleeps a lot. This is why its going to be a headache to Randy on whether he starts or benches Oshoala. I saw several silly moves by Millie during the game. She fit cause 2 pk if we are smart. We are yet to have a pk since 1st game. We need it abeg. We need it. If China got one and were extremely poor, we need to best that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2023
Brazil go vex nack them like 7 now grin
PDPGuy:
Panama with the fastest goal at this tournament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2023
Deltamani:
Wiegman made three changes from her starting XI that defeated Denmark 1-0 and moved James into the No. 10 role.

“[James] feels good, you can tell. She did special things today. Unfortunately, that one goal was cancelled. She flows over the pitch.

“We expected China to press high because they had to win to go through. But they just stayed in shape. They didn’t expect us to play this way, and they didn’t find a solution,” Wiegman told ITV after the game.

I hope Nigeria is not gonna concentrate too much on stopping James and forget there are 10 other players to stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2023
EA sport prediction before the tournament grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2023
isan:
EA gave Africa no chance at all. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Now Falcons and Banyana are there. So insulting that they even gave a spot to Panama. Africa don chop better insult seriously. This is terrible 😆

Same way Ireland is above Nigeria in fifa ranking despite being newbies. 😂😂😂😂😂

This English team won't even beat Aussies in this current mode. They gave them 2-1 😂

This France PR is too much. If Linda catch that their defense alone ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2023
Jaybee3456:

South Africa turn my 5K to 35k grin. I knew they would win.
Show love boss 😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by LordTheus(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2023
isan:

It's probably based on FIFA rankings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2023
isan:
Rather, Nigeria 🇳🇬 and South Africa 🇿🇦 took the spots of Canada 🇨🇦 and Italy 🇮🇹

Lol 😂

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Really proud of the Banyana Banyana never say never approach. They have many calculated touches in the opponents box and that's something we are yet to replicate. Seoponsewe is such gifted spotter of spaces. Plus Kgatlana... Nothing will make me stop wishing we had a player like Mothlalo in our midfield. They have a terrible goalkeeper. Thank heavens for Nnadozie a thousand times over abeg!! Gem!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2023
BankyGee:

Rather, Nigeria 🇳🇬 and South Africa 🇿🇦 took the spots of Canada 🇨🇦 and Italy 🇮🇹

Lol 😂
Plus they overrate italy. Which italy wan beat Netherland?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Make una end this narrative. It's becoming too petty. The time was even added before SA scored.

Whenever there's an injury or delay. The referee stops her watch. That's how FIFA decided things as recommended by the FIFA chief of referees Pierluigi Collina who wanted the entire 90 minutes of a game to be expended in active play. The new rule started during the World Cup in December.

Now you know why these things happen. Accusing FIFA of racism here is just silly. Please stop it.

Its not a narrative.. its the truth.

Oshoala was tackled and no card was given..
Ohale was stomped on and no card was given.
Ohale was kicked violently and directly at her chest and no card was given.
Penalty against South Africa was outside the box but they gave it as penalty without VAR review..
the referees are more harsh towards African and black players than towards European, Asia and whyte American players..

It is pure racism and there's nothing silly about it...

Please stop been a coon, a traitor and self hater...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2023
daveP:
Plus they overrate italy. Which italy wan beat Netherland?
I swear. How? Make them dey play 😂

They looked down on Africa 🌍 too much I swear.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2023
codemaniacs:

Its not a narrative.. its the truth.

Oshoala was tackled and no card was given..
Ohale was stomped on and no card was given.
Ohale was kicked violently and directly at her chest and no card was given.
Penalty against South Africa was outside the box but they gave it as penalty without VAR review..
the referees are more harsh towards African and black players than towards European, Asia and whyte American players..

It is pure racism and there's nothing silly about it...

Please stop been a coon, a traitor and self hater...
Nothing but the truth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daninya33: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2023
Lauren James is a technically gifted player but .........
She has a weakness that we can exploit.

The Super Falcons can win the game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2023
BankyGee:

I swear. How? Make them dey play 😂

They looked down on Africa 🌍 too much I swear.

At least this would help our Rankings and Africa slot for the next FIFA Women World Cup..
Instead of 4 Direct Slot we should be having 6 Direct Slot.. or 5 Direct Slot and 1 playoff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2023
Daninya33:
Lauren James is a technically gifted player but .........
She has a weakness that we can exploit.

The Super Falcons can win the game

She holds the ball way too long too, If she jam body with Ucheibe or Ayinde on several occasions body go tell her.. We just need to be way quicker on the Flanks too as Lucy Bronze tends to overlap a lot. Millie Bright gets erratic too especially when under a lot of pressure.. Maybe a 3-4-3 can work well against them

Nnadozie

Ohale —— Demehin —— Plumptre

Alozie —- Ucheibe —- Ayinde —- Payne

Ajibade —- Onumonu —— Kanu/Ordega

I will love to see Oshoala and Kanu or Monday for Onumonu and Kanu/Ordega at 60 Minutes depending on who and who starts...

Onyi Echegini is also an excellent player from the Flank, especially the Left side which she played for FSU through out last season.. Randy need to see to that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2023
NWFL Transfer Gist :

Coach Whyte Ogbonda is set to be named the head coach of Bayelsa Queens. He will replace Demo Okara, who is reportedly moving to Rivers Angels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
Jamaica 45 mins away from qualifying ahead of Brazil
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
isan:
Brazil go vex nack them like 7 now grin

It's France Sir, and demand don rush back dem 4 asap
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
For the first time ever, all African teams won at least a match at a FIFA women’s World Cup!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

This isn't surprising.

Great explanation, my question now is are the other big national teams adopting this system? For all i know Ciacedo hasn't been in the first team for years.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm really happy for hervé renard honestly. He's been in the game for a very long time and know he's getting the recognition he deserves.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.