Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796630 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:20am On Aug 07, 2023
Someone pls tell Plumptre her primary duty is defending o. Cos you got our best chance no mean say you don join attack all of a sudden. That bronze chance could have been dangerous goal

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 9:20am On Aug 07, 2023
Halftime good job in the first 45.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 9:20am On Aug 07, 2023
Live stream pls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2023
hatakekakashi:

She's error prone and lacks that bravery that Abiodun has, almost like she's afraid. She should improve with experience sha

Hopefully she improves her confidence and bravery.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by klexycole(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2023
HALF TIME.

Ashleigh Plumptre was the standout player for me in the first half.

A very improved and gallant Super Falcons side.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joelsteron: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2023
BronzeTiger:

I wonder if you would have still issued this comment if that ojoro penalty stood.

I can bet you that if that penalty was ours, everybody here would have called VAR biased.

EVERYBODY.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2023
My God shamed that useless referee

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2023
Uchebe and Ayinde are workhorses. Match made in heaven.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by toluxe0075: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2023
BronzeTiger:
When we talk about FIFA trying to aid the bigger teams they say we're blowing things out of proportion.
The ref didn’t even think twice. She pointed to the spot straight away and they were almost playing the pk before VAR steps in.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

I can bet you that if that penalty was ours, everybody here would have called VAR biased.

EVERYBODY.

Even the English players were surprised. On the good day the English girl should have been carded

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2023
This is our best first half if the tournament so far and we've always been better in the 2nd, we might just squeeze in a goal and it ends 1-0.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

Lmaooooooo

We die here lol
Flimsy pk that was. And she waa doing defiance as they told her it wasn't until var go call her. Another forward player causing pk for the team. We need to work on avoiding this recurring. Ordega and Ajibade. We need our own pk too abeg. They should target one.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
First time Nigeria has kept a clean sheet in the first half of a World Cup knockout match
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
naijaseeker:

Even the English players were surprised. On the good day the English girl should have been carded
The look on Daly's face said it all. Cheapest pk I've seen.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

EVERYBODY.
Oga me calling fifa biased didn't start with this match, I pointed other matches where they tried to use their magomago to tip the scales in favour of the stronger teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
klexycole:
4" mins extra time to play.

Plumptre/Demehin's wing leaves too much space and gap for England to operate.

That's on Demehin, she never comes wide to help out her LB...Look at Ohale, who will close opponents out wide when Alozie is out of position....But Demehin is Slow Af and very unsure of herself.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
Oshoala for Onumonu in the second half…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
I have just one question.

Where is Lauren James? Who knows where she is?

I thought they said nobody can defend her.

I will troll don't worry. Even if we lose (we won't), I will still troll cause you people made unnecessary noise and projected England running over us.

Oya come and explain

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:
First time Nigeria has kept a clean sheet in the first half of a World Cup
What are you saying. You mean at R16 level?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
toluxe0075:

The red didn’t even think twice. She pointed to the spot straight away and they were almost playing the pk before VAR steps in.
I was just left with my mouth agape at that call. Even Daly knew it wasn't merited.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:

Didn't we do that against Canada and Ireland? 🤔 🤔
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:

What happened to the Canada and Ireland game? Maybe you mean knockout stages
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:
Ehen, against Canada nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:28am On Aug 07, 2023
lovewins:

I will troll don't worry. Even if we lose (we won't), I will still troll cause you people made unnecessary noise and projected England running over us.

Oya come and explain
Ayinde is wo'marking her. Plus if she drifts to Michelle angle that one dey use yankee spirit frustrate her. Her best chances were from the ck where she was totally unmarked. She needs to be marked henceforth. Else na her go still get goal for them. I don't see Daly getting anything. Na James.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:
This is our best first half if the tournament so far and we've always been better in the 2nd, we might just squeeze in a goal and it ends 1-0.

That's how they play when Asisat does not start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:29am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:

You’re wrong 😑
Against Germany 2011
Against Canada 2011
Talk more of recent games….. Look before you type na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2023
BronzeTiger:
Ucheibe is a true workhorse.
Saw her writhing in pain as she walked towards the tunnel. I hope she's safe. We need her.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 9:29am On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:
I just hope oshoala gets her scoring boots today when she comes on. Getting ahead and locking up is the best thing that can happen to us this far.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2023
Deltamani:

You’re wrong 😑
Against Germany 2011
Against Canada 2011
Talk more of recent games….. Look before you type na
Is abiodun on the bench? I saw Christy wincing towards the end of the half, I hope she's ok.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2023
They've gone quiet ; grin. She's good but the rave was too much

I lie the faith you've got in the Falcons; I believe we'll draw the last blood in this encounter.

Where's Deltamani? ?
lovewins:

Oya come and explain
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2023
daveP:
What are you saying. You mean at R16 level?
At either R of 16 or quarterfinal (in 1999). Rennes the team conceeded two goals to Brazil in the first half of the 99 quarter final, and 2 goals to Germany in the first half of the 2019 round of 16

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.