Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806045 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2023
BronzeTiger:

Bro england had their star player sent off We had all the chances in the world to end that game in extra time.

This is a bit different. While they are related, this is one game and that’s the whole picture
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:

That's the reason why our teams keep remaining trash. We had this game in our hands but NO they went to pks
Wallahi e pain me pass. We should have won this game.

Started screaming since the first ten minutes.

Take your chances. Take just one chance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

Well…. 🌚

I'm still coming. I never ruled Nigeria losing out. I however was specific with a few things:

1. England will not overrun us
2. Lauren James will not have her way.

Both came to pass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by camri: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2023
Randy out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2023
BronzeTiger:

Bro england had their star player sent off We had all the chances in the world to end that game in extra time.
We go reach final third, everybody brain go begin dey bootloop

Nna ehn
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2023
I wonder if we didn't take penalty drills in training. Oparanozie starting was a huge mistake
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

Ebi, Ordega, Oparanozie... Make them just follow Ngozi Okobi Dey go abeg

Dt ordega suppose no collect any match allowance 😀
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2023
camri:
una wan win worldcup before

Potentially playing Columbia can get us to semis, who knows.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2023
See South African sport guys

"Black people don't just take good pks"

Dyu agree?

I think the last pk I've seen Nigeria flourish well in was Yemi Tella's set. Both our takers and GK came efficiently prepared.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by camri: 11:36am On Aug 07, 2023
Onome out, ordega out, oshoala out, alozie ou, desire out, KANU out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:

Naive? really? So Goals and Objectives should be a fixed theory and shouldn't be revised to match current needs and situations?

Go on.

You didn’t prepare well for a test but you want to pass ahead of those who read night and day.

Do you know the set ups in place for these teams compared to NIG? England have the best female coach in the world, Spain have a philosophy they follow for both men and women, same as the Netherlands but you think we should do better than them based on gbas gbos football. Defense and insha Allah?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Potentially playing Columbia can get us to semis, who knows.
I can swear that we would have beaten either of Colombia or Jamaica.

This thing pain me Allah
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2023
lovewins:

I'm still coming. I never ruled Nigeria losing out. I however was specific with a few things:

1. England will not overrun us
2. Lauren James will not have her way.

Both came to pass.

People with football brain knew this exactly. We had the game in our hands but the final touches were just off as it has been through the tournament except against Australia
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mowah: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

Nna ehn
Yeah, you’re right but this is one of the best defense so far in the World Cup tactically. The girls gave their best but these things just happen in life
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2023
Give Randy Waldrum 4 years contract.
He already knows this team so well
A few more years & he’d bring out the best in them
Australia will flog this Denmark we should’ve played

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2023
daveP:
See South African sport guys

"Black people don't just take good pks"

Dyu agree?

I think the last pk I've seen Nigeria flourish well in was Yemi Tella's set. Both our takers and GK came efficiently prepared.
The last time I ever felt this tense during a shootout was Nigeria vs Holland at the 2005 U20 world cup.

That feeling. Even the 2008 and 2012 UCL finals no match am.

My entire family was clustered in front of the TV biting fingernails and clutching our necks, white with worry.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2023
mowah:

Yeah, you’re right but this is one of the best defense so far in the World Cup tactically. The girls gave their best but these things just happen in life
Omo make una no dey yarn this thing at this moment. There'll be time to praise their heroics later.

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME, PARTICULARLY AFTER THE RED.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

I can swear that we would have beaten either of Colombia or Jamaica.

This thing pain me Allah

I tell you, this was our time to shineee. A shame we couldn't just convert when we had to. Food dey my front i no fit even chop am and i dey H

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

Nna ehn

This is both coaching and player’s football IQ. While the best teams have been grounded in the fundamentals since when they started playing, we can’t say the same for most of our players.

Growing up, street football na gbas gbos budeh not tiki taka
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2023
camri:
Randy out
The man had already made up his mind to resign after the WC sef…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:

I tell you, this was our time to shineee. A shame we couldn't just convert when we had to. Food dey my front i no fit even chop am and i dey H
Na when them blow final whistle my belle open

Mtchew
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2023
codemaniacs:

They don't train on rondo's, short passes and possession football so they don't know how to build on ground.

Watch as Nff prioritize other stuff and style of play will not even be on the table.

This is why i prefer ex footballers by far. Any ex footballer that's at the top and watch this our style will want a coach that changes and perfect it. Sad. SA would have scored after that red card. Their defenders were tired. The switch for Alozie should have come after the red card also. But that Alozie miss vos of left foot pain me. Sarina knows she's lucky.

I also saw a bottle with Earps. Seems they did their homework on our guys. We didn't look like we did any.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:
I wonder if we didn't take penalty drills in training. Oparanozie starting was a huge mistake

The same only thing they do in training is to jog about and doing exercise.

I have complained about them not sharing videos of the players passing the ball, doing rondos, playing shots at the Goalkeepers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Just came from Doherty's live.

See premium wailing grin. I no Sabi how these guys they get mind dey discuss after painful games.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

Omo make una no dey yarn this thing at this moment. There'll be time to praise their heroics later.

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME, PARTICULARLY AFTER THE RED.

But we didn’t, recover my bro. Life goes on! We go again next time!

Let’s just hope we’ll be better next time else, don’t hope for a better result as well
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

This is both coaching and player’s football IQ. While the best teams have been grounded in the fundamentals since when they started playing, we can’t say the same for most of our players.

No emphasis on tactics or technical ability.

Just dribble/pace, power, individual ability and inshallah
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2023
codemaniacs:

They don't train on rondo's, short passes and possession football so they don't know how to build on ground.

How you take know this thing you dey talk

Just making wild assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

But we didn’t, recover my bro. Life goes on! We go again next time!

Let’s just hope we’ll be better next time else, don’t hope for a better result as well
Lol
Even if we are playing Fifa women all stars I will hope for a good result. That's why I am a fan.

E pain me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joxxy01(m): 11:42am On Aug 07, 2023
I am proud of them... to those u complaining, you really think its every 10 man teams that can be broken? really? Please raise your heads up girls and come back stronger .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 11:42am On Aug 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She has done good work.

You get better football eye. You read the game well. She brought in the experience for us defensively. Plus we know she is not as sharp as her early days but you could see she gave it her all.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2023
I feels now like james redcard was our undoing. A felt somehow like that after the card but i shrugged the feeling off. We play better when the opposition takes the game to us and that showed all through extra time. Make we go start dey learn possession football biko
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

But our players have been playing in the top leagues Europe and North America for years now, so I’m not sure why their touches in the final third were average.
Maybe it was a case of anxiety

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.