Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802357 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2023
Oparanozie is a good PK taker so I wasn't surprised to see her step out up the first.

When she missed, my hope of us winning dimmed.

Super proud of the gals. Most people apart from lovewins, myself and a few others predicted us to lose in regulation time but the gals held their own.

The team exceeded expectation.

Going forward, NFF should renew Randy's contract, he's built a solid side and can only get better with this team.

And lest I forget, Onome Ebi and Ordega should leave the team

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2023
daveP:

Watch as Nff prioritize other stuff and style of play will not even be on the table.

This is why i prefer ex footballers by far. Any ex footballer that's at the top and watch this our style will want a coach that changes and perfect it. Sad. SA would have scored after that red card. Their defenders were tired. The switch for Alozie should have come after the red card also. But that Alozie miss vos of left foot pain me. Sarina knows she's lucky.

I also saw a bottle with Earps. Seems they did their homework on our guys. We didn't look like we did any.

Dear ThePresenceWtf

This is what I’m trying to buttress. These other teams have a better administration and football direction hence they have greater expectations. Can you say the same for us??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
No matter happens from here....

Super Falcons have done an excellent job at this WC.

Certainly. We played as a team. And we played like true competitors. Randy has given us a good platform to progress. The rest is left to the decision makers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2023
semid4lyfe:
Oparanozie is a good PK taker so I wasn't surprised to see her step out for the first.

Super proud of the gals. Most people apart from lovewins, myself and a few others predicted us to lose in regulation time but the gals held their own.

Going forward, NFF should renew Randy's contract, he's built a solid side and can only get better with this team.

Very very important before Madam starts pushing agenda for record 7th WC

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

The last time I ever felt this tense during a shootout was Nigeria vs Holland at the 2005 U20 world cup.

That feeling. Even the 2008 and 2012 UCL finals no match am.

My entire family was clustered in front of the TV biting fingernails and clutching our necks, white with worry.

That 2008 own dey too. But for national.... We just don't look set. And that's worrying. Someone, i felt we won't have played better if the red card was given to us.

We have played in the WWC with pressure as our style. 1st match we get comfortable and we can't even get creative with hundreds of chances. Besides we approach their box 18 relying on individual brilliance rather than 1-2 teamwork. Ayinde was vexed she was removed. She's also a good pk taker.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2023
Unlimited22:

No emphasis on tactics or technical ability.

Just dribble/pace, power, individual ability and inshallah

Exactly!! How do you expect us to perform wonders with these? And they said it’s Stockholm syndrome.

It’s fcking reality!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She has done good work.
Right knee injury it seems.
Alozie

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

Sincerely, Ebi waste spot o. If Nicole or Rinsola dey this squad, e for sweet die.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2023
Last time Ordega & Ebi plays for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mowah: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2023
M7even:

Certainly. We played as a team. And we played like true competitors. Randy has given us a good platform to progress. The rest is left to the decision makers.
💯, but the decision makers are known for making bad decisions. Hopefully they don’t employ a cheap half baked coach that might cost us the Olympics as usual

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2023
The coach should've brought on Imuran for Alozie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

In 4 years? Lmao make she just follow her contemporaries like Marta, Sinclair and Rapinoe dey go abeg

Nicole Payne and Rinsola Babajide are here.

Francisca Ordega should please leave this team too abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Nicole Payne needs to in this team, enough of Alozie at RB

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2023
semid4lyfe:
Oparanozie is a good PK taker so I wasn't surprised to see her step out up the first.

It's not about renewing. Would he stay

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

You didn’t prepare well for a test but you want to pass ahead of those who read night and day.

Do you know the set ups in place for these teams compared to NIG? England have the best female coach in the world, Spain have a philosophy they follow for both men and women, same as the Netherlands but you think we should do better than them based on gbas gbos football. Defense and insha Allah?

When you never expect yourself to accomplish anything, nothing will ever be accomplished. The bar and metrics of success and expectations is just too fucking low in this country... Like we never expect anything from ourselves and our country. Whenever we see a slimmer of success or progress, it feels like Jesus just came down from heaven or automatically Nigerian.

This game was literally there to be won and it's possibly the best the super falcons have ever had since participating in any FWWC...But we gotta make excuses and think we've achieved beyond what we can achieve. Smh.

With this mindset, we can never become whatever it is we are to become.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2023
yinkeys:
Give Randy Waldrum 4 years contract.
He already knows this team so well
A few more years & he’d bring out the best in them
Australia will flog this Denmark we should’ve played

The dude is a joker!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2023
PDPGuy:

But our players have been playing in the top leagues Europe and North America for years now, so I’m not sure why their touches in the final third were average.
Maybe it was a case of anxiety

Now, this is a valid point. Where this is nullified is the player’s decision too. We have poor decision makers. No matter the training you’ve been given, not knowing when to pass, cross or shoot.

Ajibade is a culprit, wants to Okocha everybody, Alozie too sometimes is culpable, Demehin is the leader, Bar Payne and Echegini (who I’m surprised Tandy didn’t use more), our midfielders can’t really pass the ball.

We have tacklers, defenders, goal scorers, but less of creativity
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 11:50am On Aug 07, 2023
codemaniacs:
The fact that we don't know how to play possession football is affecting the team.
This demon came back to haunt us. We've been getting away with chaotic football since the beginning of the tournament.

The falcons should go and bring up their ball-playing to the level of at least SA.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2023
Let me just focus my mind on the Olympics.

This WC loss is too painful to be discussing today. Maybe tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Let me just focus my mind on the Olympics.

This WC loss is too painful to be discussing today. Maybe tomorrow.
Bro take it easy

Make I go find food chop myself abeg 😩
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2023
Idiko1:

The dude is a joker!!!
You don’t know football my friend
If we bring in another coach we’d be starting from scratch
No one expected us to get out of the group of death before the start of the tournament
Penalties are 50 / 50, can go anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

How you take know this thing you dey talk

Just making wild assumptions.

I follow sports and football handles on in:sta:gram so I see training videos of clubs and the contents they share.

so its not "wild assumptions".. its what you share you do on the pitch.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2023
klexycole:
We had everything lined up in our favor but we blew it.

From the penalty ruled out to the red card and their first penalty miss, we couldn't take advantage of these.

In my opinion, the team was set-up to defend rather than attack and score.

Anyways, better luck next time. sad

Exactly the team was set up to defend. And that is why we are so hard to beat. We shouldn't be thinking of setting up ourselves like USA, and other offensive European nations, if not we will be playing like south Africa because we cannot match them for now.
But we can become more brutal in our defense and work better on counter. When we play in Africa we can develop and explore offensive styles that suit the basic background of our defensive team.
I enjoy the fact that we don't concede goals, it is very relaxing for me. And we can work on little errors of the opponent to punish them like our third goal against Australia.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:

When you never expect yourself to accomplish anything, nothing will ever be accomplished. The bar and metrics of success and expectations is just too fucking low in this country... Like we never expect anything from ourselves and our country. Whenever we see a slimmer of success or progress, it feels like Jesus just came down from heaven or automatically Nigerian.

This game was literally there to be won and it's possibly the best the super falcons have ever had since participating in any FWWC...But we gotta make excuses and think we've achieved beyond what we can achieve. Smh.

Exactly o, this mentality should be abolished. We are not wrong for our expectations to rise given how poor england was during the match. It was ours, we just needed to stretch our hands to take it. If we're not at our best for sure I'd count as lucky but we were! this was the game! our game! our chance but we couldn't just take it. Wrong substitutions for me caused this thing. Match rusty oparanozie taking the first pk was a NO NO but all the same it wouldn't be unfair to bash waldrum because tactically we were good but this substitutions were horrendous.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
daveP:
Sincerely, Ebi waste spot o. If Nicole or Rinsola dey this squad, e for sweet die.

There were more than four waste spots on the Falcon team than Ebi's waste spot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:

This game was literally there to be won and it's possibly the best the super falcons have ever had since participating in any FWWC...But we gotta make excuses and think we've achieved beyond what we can achieve.

Ok. Go to the next World Cup without better style of play and preparation and win based on hope and mindset.

Maybe its goals that win matches or mindset, we’ll see.

And as for the bolded, I’m also pissed we lost but I’ll cheer them on. Those celebrating also have a reason to cus this is probably our best performance in WC results wise so instead of claiming high ground thinking you’re some European team, touch grass and see things for what it is!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
M7even:

Exactly the team was set up to defend. And that is why we are so hard to beat. We shouldn't be thinking of setting up ourselves like USA, and other offensive European nations, if not we will be playing like south Africa because we cannot match them for now.
But we can become more brutal in our defense and work better on counter. When we play in Africa we can develop and explore offensive styles that suit the basic background of our defensive team.
I enjoy the fact that we don't concede goals, it is very relaxing for me. And we can work on little errors of the opponent to punish them like our third goal against Australia.
If you know you're set up to defend, take your chances on the break

You can't win if you don't score.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2023
M7even:

Now this is a welcome opinion. Instead of criticizing, let’s look at our deficiencies and how we can improve them. We are better than we used to be even if it’s not by a long mile, next objective is to break the mound and go even further!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:57am On Aug 07, 2023
daveP:

Watch as Nff prioritize other stuff and style of play will not even be on the table.

This is why i prefer ex footballers by far. Any ex footballer that's at the top and watch this our style will want a coach that changes and perfect it. Sad. SA would have scored after that red card. Their defenders were tired. The switch for Alozie should have come after the red card also. But that Alozie miss vos of left foot pain me. Sarina knows she's lucky.

I also saw a bottle with Earps. Seems they did their homework on our guys. We didn't look like we did any.

Its the same style of play that affected the Super Eagles both at the Nations Cup and against Ghana..

That's why I advocate for players like Nwakali in the midfield.

Demehin was the major culprit and the players distance from each other was another factor. the player Demehin was supposed to pass to kept running forward anytime Demehin got the ball and instead of Demehin to pass the ball to the other Center Back she kept playing long balls..

Both S.E and S.F need younger ball playing players like Sebastian, Ajakaye, Nathan Tella et.c..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 11:57am On Aug 07, 2023
Kibbs:

Dear ThePresenceWtf

This is what I’m trying to buttress. These other teams have a better administration and football direction hence they have greater expectations. Can you say the same for us??

That's wasn't my point...While this is kind of valid, it's the unnecessary and incessant use of rationalization to try explain away the ineptness in our country that I'm alluding to. It's like we are never expected to be anything more than "We tried" "Okay" etc.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2023
Super falcons showed they can compete with the best in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.