Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,771 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (838381 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
FIFA has suspended him.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
Randy…….

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
Deltamani:
Randy…….
Randy is not coming back. Dem don too frustrate am. grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
On Friday, Rubiales refused to resign over his unsolicited kiss with Jenni Hermoso. The initial suspension is for 90 days.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
Deltamani:
Randy…….

Na wa.

Pay cut for someone earning $10k monthly?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
lovewins:

Of course the issues between the Spanish federation and the women's national team is no hidden issue. 15 members of the team excused themselves from the team to make. Point (with only 3 recalled), so of course there were issues. I however think that use or the word "bait" will be inappropriate. Except otherwise proven, what the Spanish FA boss did is assault. He did it in the open view of the entire world so it's not like he was "seduced".

Funny thing is, Jenni wasn't even the one who initiated all this outcry, it was a press person who witnessed this and felt it was odd that asked her during their post match . We have too many women in this kind of situation all over the world, so we shouldn't give me who do this an out under the guise of them being baited. (I know that isn't your intention though).

You said it yourself earlier that the president's refusal to resign could be because he has some strong backing or evidence... Now the FA has come out to release a statement saying they would sue Hermoso... IMO,all that would die down the matter is if the president brings forward some kind of proof that the kiss was consensual...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
The entire coaching team of the Spanish Women's National Team (all 11 of them), except Jorge Vilda, have resigned.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
naptu2:
The entire coaching team of the Spanish Women's National Team (all 11 of them), except Jorge Vilda, have resigned.

This Vilda is something else. How can your entire back room staff resign and you didn't? It's even more ridiculous when you consider half the team and most of the current team you won the world cup with don't want you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
Didn't you all say pinnick was paying him 50k$
lovewins:

Na wa.

Pay cut for someone earning $10k monthly?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
isan:
Didn't you all say pinnick was paying him 50k$

Please bring up where I or any other person for that matter said that. I even remember clearly stating here he earns $10k

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
Here is a cost savings proposal to the useless NFF...

Sanusi Mohammed (Sec. Gen.) makes $10k/mo (paid in US dollars)
Randy Waldrum makes $10k/mo.

Get rid of Sanusi, who does absolutely nothing at all, but be a cog in the wheel of progress and retain Randy, who is actually adding value to the team.

That's $10k / month in savings for the NFF, which could be used to help pay off the monies owed to the multitude of coaches being owed bonuses over the years.

...but of course, Gusau is too much of an im.becile. to do that, especially since Sanusi is a fellow northerner.
Morons running the show in the NFF.
lovewins:

Please bring up where I or any other person for that matter said that. I even remember clearly stating here he earns $10k

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
AkinDS:
Here is a cost savings proposal to the useless NFF...

Sanusi Mohammed (Sec. Gen.) makes $10k/mo (paid in US dollars)
Randy Waldrum makes $10k/mo.

Get rid of Sanusi, who does absolutely nothing at all, but be a cog in the wheel of progress and retain Randy, who is actually adding value to the team.

That's $10k / month in savings for the NFF, which could be used to help pay off the monies owed to the multitude of coaches being owed bonuses over the years.

...but of course, Gusau is too much of an im.becile. to do that, especially since Sanusi is a fellow northerner.
Morons running the show in the NFF.

The problem isn't the money. Anyone saying this is liar. $10k for the coach is already a ridiculous amount. It means he makes $120k per year, this is less than 2 months of Pesiero's salary about 10% of what the NFF budgeted for their trip to Australia.

Methinks the reduction is a way to frustrate Randy into throwing in the towel. That way they can't pretend like Randy was the one who chose not to continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:27am On Aug 27, 2023
Since her return from the World Cup, Houston Dash Coach seems to have followed Randy’s path in Playing Alozie at Right Back..!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:31am On Aug 27, 2023
Deltamani:
Since her return from the World Cup, Houston Dash Coach seems to have followed Randy’s path in Playing Alozie at Right Back..!

If Alozie can play Right back for Nigeria at the Highest level (World Cup) then she can as well Play the same position for her Clubside.. Versatility.!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:42am On Aug 27, 2023
Back to France 🇫🇷

AS Saint Etienne goalkeeper Yewande Balogun for the Pre-season.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:56am On Aug 27, 2023
She used to be a sub at Houston Dash but now is a starter at right back.

The WWC helped her become one of the top 10 rightbacks in the world, thanks to Randy's vision of recognizing her value and playing her in that position.

Massive kudos to her and the likes of Ashleigh and Toni for embracing and excelling at new roles the coach asked them to play... unlike our infamous 'Ms. Thang', who still believes she is better than someone else (not naming names...), but is incapable of being versatile.
Deltamani:

If Alozie can play Right back for Nigeria at the Highest level (World Cup) then she can as well Play the same position for her Clubside.. Versatility.!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:12am On Aug 27, 2023
AkinDS:

The WWC helped her become one of the top 10 rightbacks in the world, thanks to Randy's vision of recognizing her value and playing her in that position.

Massive kudos to her and the likes of Ashleigh and Toni for embracing and excelling at new roles the coach asked them to play... unlike our infamous 'Ms. Thang', who still believes she is better than someone else (not naming names...), but is incapable of being versatile.

She was a starter though prior to the world cup. She only came in as a sub the first few games of the season, she's been starting for quite a while now. I however think this new role is better really. It makes sense for her to horn her craft in that role once and for all instead of having to switch between roles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 6:06am On Aug 27, 2023
Deltamani:

....so i put this question to you, who will you prefer at the right back position...Nicole or Mitchelle going forward, offcourse we still have to see what Nicole brings to the national team? I do not envy the coaching crew at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2023
AkinDS:

And she Scoressssssssssss the equalizer, A short Outside the right foot and it was a Goal
Michelle Alozie with a STUNNER for the Houston Dash!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2023
carbonado:
....so i put this question to you, who will you prefer at the right back position...Nicole or Mitchelle going forward, offcourse we still have to see what Nicole brings to the national team? I do not envy the coaching crew at the moment.

Going forward I will have their two as the Right Back or Right Wing Back of the SuperFalcons, Who’s better according to the Coaches should start, Just like PDG Sakina Karchaoui 27yrs and Lyon Selma Bacha 22+ of France are equally among the best Left Back in the World. Both are always in the French squad, at the World Cup the Coach faced a stiff challenge on who to start among their two but he had to go with Karchaoui at the Back and pushed Bacha upfront…

We should be happy Alozie have finally grown into the position and we have Nicole who’s younger there to give her a fight for who starts..

Michelle Alozie.. 26yrs
Nicole Payne.. 22yrs

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2023
carbonado:

Nicole Payne is the quickest FullBack we have right now, let’s wait for the Season to kick off in France first to see the level she’s at right now. I think the Right Back Problem seems to be Solved with Alozie and Payne..

Remaining the Left Back where we currently have Rofiat Imuran and alternate Ashleigh Plumptre. We need a good Left Back so that Ashleigh can stay at CB.

Patricia George seems to have forgotten about football and now focused on Music. So let’s look for another to compete with Imuran at LB and allow Ashleigh Battle 4 her CB spot..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:12am On Aug 27, 2023
Center Back
Osinachi Ohale
Ashleigh Plumptre
Blessing Demehin
*** Onyi Zogg or Chidinma Okeke at CB/FB

Right Back
Michelle Alozie
Nicole Payne

Left Back
Rofiat Imuran

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ogbonna will still get her call up
Deltamani:
Center Back
Osinachi Ohale
Ashleigh Plumptre
Blessing Demehin

Right Back
Michelle Alozie
Nicole Payne

Left Back
Rofiat Imuran
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
isan:
Ogbonna will still get her call up

Yeah Most times there’s always such space for such Players..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rash

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Deltamani:
Veteran SuperFalcons Midfielder Rita Chikwelu move to Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 Clubside AL SHABAB FC Women

Will they cover their heads with hijab to play
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sorry, but neither of these two are good enough.
There are others that need to be focused on.
Deltamani:
Center Back
Osinachi Ohale
Ashleigh Plumptre
Blessing Demehin

Right Back
Michelle Alozie
Nicole Payne

Left Back
Rofiat Imuran
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
AkinDS:
Sorry, but neither of these two are good enough.
There are others that need to be focused on.

Be Specific, which two are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nigeriagood(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
naptu2:
Alexia's reaction.
ah lover girls 😅😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
Deltamani:

Going forward I will have their two as the Right Back or Right Wing Back of the SuperFalcons, Who’s better according to the Coaches should start, Just like PDG Sakina Karchaoui 27yrs and Lyon Selma Bacha 22+ of France are equally among the best Left Back in the World. Both are always in the French squad, at the World Cup the Coach faced a stiff challenge on who to start among their two but he had to go with Karchaoui at the Back and pushed Bacha upfront…

We should be happy Alozie have finally grown into the position and we have Nicole who’s younger there to give her a fight for who starts..

Michelle Alozie.. 26yrs
Nicole Payne.. 22yrs
... Make sense, iron sharpen iron, let them battle it out..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
Deltamani:

Nicole Payne is the quickest FullBack we have right now, let’s wait for the Season to kick off in France first to see the level she’s at right now. I think the Right Back Problem seems to be Solved with Alozie and Payne..

Remaining the Left Back where we currently have Rofiat Imuran and alternate Ashleigh Plumptre. We need a good Left Back so that Ashleigh can stay at CB.

Patricia George seems to have forgotten about football and now focused on Music. So let’s look for another to compete with Imuran at LB and allow Ashleigh Battle 4 her CB spot..
.. If Randy stays, i doubt if he will be in a hurry to push Ashley to center back, besides, it seems Ashley is slowly falling in love with that position as it gives her a little bit of room to go forward. Also i feel that we are not maximizing that canon of a left foot Ashley has, she should be the one playing our free kicks close to box 18.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:20am On Aug 28, 2023
Zogg & Okeke
Deltamani:

Be Specific, which two are you talking about?

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (1087) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Schemerkhiz, lovewins, foxman04 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.