Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (824748 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (1079) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
daveP:
Who else feels it's time for Alozie to test European Waters?

Vey unlikely to happen. First, very few clubs play the kind of system she can easily fit into considering her new role as wing back. It's why Houston Dash until recently played her as a forward. She was never a starter in that role until the beginning of this season. The world cup is most likely what convinced them to start playing her as RB/WB.

Secondly, moving to Europe will very likely mean sacrificing her cancer research job. It's very unlikely she'll get a city where she can pursue both her medical and football career like Houston. In the event that she even finds a hospital (very unlikely) it's rare to see a a researcher that will accommodate Michelle's football career alongside her research work.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
daveP:
Who else feels it's time for Alozie to test European Waters?

Let her play a season as a starter first

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Post FIFAWWC23 :

Former Super Falcons Forward Ini-Abasi Umotong who was in Brisbane to support her team mates during the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia.
A first class honours graduate of the University of Southampton. Almost through with her PhD studies , the support for her team mates was overwhelming.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nicole Payne vs Liverpool highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apjQyT_mKUw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:25am On Aug 31, 2023
Pitt women vs Drexel
Abiodun debuts as a sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wXSBUr4uc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:30am On Aug 31, 2023
Samai Phiri (Zambian) also on the Pitt team.
Very good #9
AkinDS:
Pitt women vs Drexel
Abiodun debuts as a sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wXSBUr4uc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Curtisaxel10: 6:47am On Aug 31, 2023
lovewins:

Vey unlikely to happen. First, very few clubs play the kind of system she can easily fit into considering her new role as wing back. It's why Houston Dash until recently played her as a forward. She was never a starter in that role until the beginning of this season. The world cup is most likely what convinced them to start playing her as RB/WB.

Secondly, moving to Europe will very likely mean sacrificing her cancer research job. It's very unlikely she'll get a city where she can pursue both her medical and football career like Houston. In the event that she even finds a hospital (very unlikely) it's rare to see a a researcher that will accommodate Michelle's football career alongside her research work.

Actually, I once read somewhere that Alozie actually signed up for a club in Kazakhstan at one point and played there for a while before leaving due to COVID-19.

I wonder how she managed her Kazakhstan stint with her scientific career. Or maybe she hadn't launched her career then?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

Actually, I once read somewhere that Alozie actually signed up for a club in Kazakhstan at one point and played there for a while before leaving due to COVID-19.

I wonder how she managed her Kazakhstan stint with her scientific career. Or maybe she hadn't launched her career then?

That was immediately out of college and she didn't have her research job at the time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2023
It seems Randy is interested in Ireland job
NFF have parted ways with him
Na waya oooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lekkan(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2023
But why did NFF end the contract of The falcons coach?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:10am On Aug 31, 2023
lekkan:
But why did NFF end the contract of The falcons coach?

They didn't end is contract, his contract ended. What remains to be seen is of they'll renew it. Seem unlikely though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2023
SuperFalcons Reliable Center Back

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
According to Pulse Sports, Nigerian international Ashleigh Plumptre is set to join Manchester United after her contract with Leicester City FC expired.

Good reinforcement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nigeria/England Midfielder Elisha Sulola Training Sessions at Valencia WFC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Delta Queens vs Ampem Darkoa
WAFU-B Women's Champions League final

https://www.youtube.com/live/VrayKIqQnQo?si=UbydU4RoFmbD3QhH
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
I've said it before this anderline is too poor at dealing with aerial balls

Ampem lead 1-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
I've said it before this anderline is too poor at dealing with aerial balls

Ampem lead 1-0

And she’s U20 First Choice Goalkeeper for that matter, Should have done better… I wonder the kind of experience she gained at the last U20 WAFU CUP
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
Omilana tends to exude more confidence
Deltamani:

And she’s U20 First Choice Goalkeeper for that matter, Should have done better… I wonder the kind of experience she gained at the last U20 WAFU CUP
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
AkinDS:
Omilana tends to exude more confidence

You have been one of those against Onyiyechi Okeke whenever I make mention of her name… if you watch the NWPL on a regular I don’t think you will be able to see any goalie better than her..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
Deltamani:

That kind first choice. She showed her hand in that final match against Ghana and she was making the same mistakes at the super 6. Even Delta's coach continuing that nonsense of leaving Mercy Omokwo on the bench in the first half. Even Ifeoma Ifitezue that scored and created an assist in the 2nd match was benched until the final seconds.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Deltamani:

You have been one of those against Onyiyechi Okeke whenever I make mention of her name… if you watch the NWPL on a regular I don’t think you will be able to see any goalie better than her..

She needs to become a regular at club before her name comes up. I was seeing more of Monle in goal this past season.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
Delta queens were beaten 1-0 by the Ghanaian team.They should not even bothered to win the NPWL again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
🏆 Ampem Darkoa (Ghana) are the 2023 Wafu B club champions!

FT: Delta Queens 0-1 Ampem Darkoa [O. Amponsah 43']

🏆 Wafu B
2021: Hasaacas (Ghana)
2022: Bayelsa (Nigeria)
2023: Ampem (Ghana)

Qualified #CAFWCL
🏟️ Athlético FC d'Abidjan (hosts)
🏆 ASFAR (holders)
🥇 AS Mande (Wafu A)
🥇 JKT Queens (Cecafa)
🥇 SC Casablanca (Unaf)
🥇 Ampem Darkoa (Wafu B)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
Again, more advocacy should be directed towards increased funding of the women's league and not rushing the girls into the Super Falcons. Not much of a case is being made if you can't dominate in Africa. Majority of these clubs are filled with very young players, I dare say most under 20 (especially the division 2). We need to concentrate more on developing them to reach their greatest potentials and that requires time and funding.

Watching these Delta team from the beginning of the tournament, it was obvious they weren't good (even though I believe they aren't the best the league has to offer). Disappointing, but hope lessons were learned.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
AITANA BONMATI IS THE 2022-23 UEFA WOMEN’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
Delta Queens vs Ampem Ladies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txNT33AhqFg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
🚨𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥: 😂😂

Player of the Match - Nancy Amoh (Ampem Darkoa)

Golden Boot - Mary Amponsah (Ampem Darkoa)

Golden Glove - Anderline Mgbechi (Delta Queens)

Most Valuable Player - Chinaza Agoh (Delta Queens)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
lovewins:
Again, more advocacy should be directed towards increased funding of the women's league and not rushing the girls into the Super Falcons. Not much of a case is being made if you can't dominate in Africa. Majority of these clubs are filled with very young players, I dare say most under 20 (especially the division 2). We need to concentrate more on developing them to reach their greatest potentials and that requires time and funding.

Watching these Delta team from the beginning of the tournament, it was obvious they weren't good (even though I believe they aren't the best the league has to offer). Disappointing, but hope lessons were learned.
Funds to achieve this long term plan gats reach like $2m
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥: 😂😂

Player of the Match - Nancy Amoh (Ampem Darkoa)

Golden Boot - Mary Amponsah (Ampem Darkoa)

Golden Glove - Anderline Mgbechi (Delta Queens)

Most Valuable Player - Chinaza Agoh (Delta Queens)

This is why she keeps fooling everybody grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

This is why she keeps fooling everybody grin

Can’t be among them at all, I already know the in and out 😂🫣
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pre-Season continues

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Center Back Maureen Umeh….

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (1079) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.