Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,392 members, 7,846,639 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (826452 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1080) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
Deltamani:
Okay okay… See Maureen Umeh has been in the Age grade set up of the National Team before she left to Turkey at 19yrs, If she isn’t good enough I don’t think she would get such chance of earning a Call up talk more of moving abroad.

She’s such a Complete Central Defender with a great Height Advantage one of the reasons she’s been labeled as Nigeria🇳🇬 Wendie Renard. The qualities of a top tier CB is there, Strong and Aggressive got nominated as one of the Best Defender In🇹🇷 in her first Season earned a move to France D2 side US Saint Malo where she played last season before moving on to Nantes FC..

We shouldn’t forget what we call Opportunity also and I believe she will definitely take her chance in the SuperFalcons when the time comes..

I personally appreciate your efforts on this thread as you have enriched it abundantly. As for the players, the more quality players available, the merrier

What is vexatious is when some people make ridiculous comparison based on bias...trying to pitch a player against another. using illogical yardstick. They can all shine without trying to diminish another light..especially when its not justified at the remote instance..

Hope she comes good

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
Why are you backtracking? undecided you watched 20 seconds of YouTube video and use that to trash demehin carreer like it's nothing
CoolJulian:

Firstly, I did not say she was better than Demehin, my opinion is that 'Demehin is not necessarily a better player.' After all, not all good players get noticed immediately to the extent of getting to play in very good clubs- one does not know what tomorrow holds. I was one player who was pessimistic of the quality Christy Ucheibe could bring to the SF( because of the club she was playing for, her limited experience and limited opportunity she was afforded at her club, during that time) Rita Chikwelu was very active for the SF, but was very ineffective. Due to the fact that the latter had a much greater experience and had played for several better clubs and better leagues, I was never supportive of Christy's invitation. When Christy finally came in, my mind set changed.

Also, I made it known that that video was short; even a few matches would not have been okay, while acknowledging the fact the level of competition Maureen played in was not that high enough. I only suggested she gets invited so the coaches/fans can properly analyse her game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jose Vilda Out!

Fired as part of the Robiales aftermath.
Obvious he was Robiales boy.

Looks like the ladies eventually got their wish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jorge Vilda has been fired as the Spain Women's National Team head coach.

He will also leave his position as Sporting Director.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
Following the announcement of the departure of Jorge Vilda, Montse Tomé, who served as assistant manager under Vilda at the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup was announced as the new manager of the Spanish women's national football team.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
NEW OUTLOOK 💙💙💙

Ajibade stir reaction on social with new hair style

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:15am On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
NEW OUTLOOK 💙💙💙

Wow. I have a crush on her 🥰
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 4:06am On Sep 06, 2023
sureleads:

Lol grin grin.....wonder who the idiot is...you made a claim out of just watching only 20 sec of highlight from a div 2 match that was preposterous and foolish. The odour of that pungent claim forced me to fan it out.

And what is it with the confused statement that you" usually refrain from using certain languages on here or even replying people...But What an Idiot!!!".If you are going to cry after your takes are corrected, then you should think thoroughly before making your postulations public

You actually need to switch the lights in your brain on...its pitch dark in there at the moment

Oh right...No one is home Just like I thought. Enjoy!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:16am On Sep 06, 2023
Congratulations to Blessing Nkor on her successful move from Yangascprincess of Tanzania to Doğuş Gold Asya Spor of Turkey.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Our U20s and U23s be running to Europe this days especially 🇹🇷

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2023
Slovenia’s women’s national team has had enough of their coaching staff and the association’s leadership. In an open letter they detail the bullying, inappropriate language, sexism, racism and body-shaming they have faced. 

By @samindrakunti

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Curtisaxel10: 8:55am On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
Slovenia’s women’s national team has had enough of their coaching staff and the association’s leadership. In an open letter they detail the bullying, inappropriate language, sexism, racism and body-shaming they have faced. 

By @samindrakunti

I wonder who faced the racism when all of them are white.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 9:11am On Sep 06, 2023
isan:
Why are you backtracking? undecided you watched 20 seconds of YouTube video and use that to trash demehin carreer like it's nothing

Just stop it! How did I trash Demehin's carrier? I, for one, am very careful about inviting players to the national team- I only want players who can add real value. So saying 'playing at the world cup and French women's first division does not necessarily make Blessing a better player' means I'm elevating Maureen, whom I hardly know, above Blessing? Some of you need to have your comprehension skills evaluated.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:24am On Sep 06, 2023
Yes demehin playing at the world cup and playing in division 1 make her a better player , you are talking like demehin is a 30 years old veteran No she's 21 same age bracket with maureen and as it stand now No coach will pick Maureen above Demehin
CoolJulian:

Just stop it! How did I trash Demehin's carrier?I, for one, am very careful about inviting players to the national team- I only want players who can add real value. So saying 'playing at the world cup and French women's first division does not necessarily make Blessing a better player' means I'm elevating Maureen, whom I hardly know, above Blessing? Some of you need to have your comprehension skills evaluated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:12am On Sep 06, 2023
Abia Angels 🔵 to Spain 🇪🇦..

Congratulations to U17 🇳🇬 right back Miracle Usani she has signed with Laliga Academy Spain...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
#womensinternationals

Sept 22 Sept 26

Morocco 🇲🇦 v Zambia 🇿🇲

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
NEW OUTLOOK 💙💙💙

That third picture though grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
Abia Angels to Spain

Congratulations to U17 right back Miracle Usani she has signed with Laliga Academy Spain...
Wow ...wow... congratulations girl. The first footballer that scored the most difficult penalty grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
While you all are still on this Umeh vs Dinehin debate, I'm just glad we might have another CB in the team soon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
"The Houston Dash announced today that Sam Laity will vacate his role as the head coach of the team. An interim head coach will be named in the coming days."

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
mostob:
While you all are still on this Umeh vs Dinehin debate, I'm just glad we might have another CB in the team soon.

Of course we need a new CB and a Younger one for that matter as we’re done with Mama…

Mama can’t be seating on the Bench when it’s best for a Younger player to fight for that Spot and gain the experience Playing National Team Football..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:

We’re waiting especially me…. By the way she’s just 21yrs, same age as Demehin and have been part of the U17/U20 set up before

She’s currently with another 🇫🇷D2 Clubside but hasn’t been unveiled yet but they’re Currently in Spain 🇪🇸 for Preseason..!

Sorry bro(?) I didn't ignore this comment.... I've been super busy and haven't had the time to do any writing longer than 3 lines 😂
I'll be sure to reply properly when I get back online.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Nicole Payne vs AC Milan highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQV28lD-s4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:

Of course we need a new CB and a Younger one for that matter as we’re done with Mama…

Mama can’t be seating on the Bench when it’s best for a Younger player to fight for that Spot and gain the experience Playing National Team Football..
Exactly...I'm surprised she has not announced her retirement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kennedy97: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:

Why is mama not retiring at 40?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
Asisat Oshoala has been nominated for the 2022/23 Women's Ballon D'or! 💙❤️🇳🇬🦅

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:

Na so....yet some self deluding armchair popcorn munching, pseudo soccer experts will not stop disturbing us to believe that she is poor in finishing and not reliable at all.If they call them haters, they quickly deny and take offence. I guess the real soccer experts who keep nominating her back to back are blind and thoughtless.

Or maybe our so called in house, self claimed intelligent analyst need to take a sit, shut the hell up, and learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:

I know she better be in the world xi this time
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
sureleads:

Na so....yet some self deluding armchair popcorn munching, pseudo soccer experts will not stop disturbing us to believe that she is poor in finishing and not reliable at all.If they call them haters, they quickly deny and take offence. I guess the real soccer experts who keep nominating her back to back are blind and thoughtless.

Or maybe our so called in house, self claimed intelligent analyst need to take a sit, shut the hell up, and learn.

I believe those persons ain’t lying cause Asisat Finishing has been her major setback injuries aside… If she can convert half or more than half of the chances she gets I bet she should be winning the Ballon’d’or or better still finish top 3..

Again I haven’t seen anyone here saying she isn’t good but Poor in finishing even though she ends up been Barcelona Top Scorer at the end of the seasons..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
Congratulations to Blessing Nkor on her successful move from Yangascprincess of Tanzania to Doğuş Gold Asya Spor of Turkey.

Wow. See as a beam cut across my face.😀😀😀👏🏾👏🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
Deltamani:
Abia Angels 🔵 to Spain 🇪🇦..

Congratulations to U17 🇳🇬 right back Miracle Usani she has signed with Laliga Academy Spain...

Miracle too like ball😂
She miss pk dey cry like baby. Var help her that day.

Who's next? Afolabi? Esther? Flourish?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1080) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.