Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (838943 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) ... (1088) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

dull thinking, dull opinion. Better than Demhin after watcing for 20 sec...someone who also played under 20 without much impact, playing in division 2.......unintelligent post

What are you trying to say here that she hasn’t improved or because she’s Playing in D2 in France 🇫🇷 she is not good enough??

Common we had Players then who once played in D2 and where integral part of the SuperFalcons, Perpetual Nkwocha, Helen Ukaonu, Halimatu Ayinde, Regina Otu, Esther Okoronkwo, Yewande Balogun, Tochukwu Oluehi, Evelyn Nwabuoku all played in Sweden, France, Spain D2 at some point and where very important for the Falcons then..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

dull thinking, dull opinion. Better than Demhin after watcing for 20 sec...someone who also played under 20 without much impact, playing in division 2.......unintelligent post

Again the Player we’re talking about is just 21 and has Played In Turkey top Division before she moved down to France D2…!

Look at Regina Otu for Example she was playing in Belarus 🇧🇾 and decided to go to France D2 and play for As Saint Etienne, now she’s back in the French D1..!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

wow...cement her place? someone that has been back to back top scorer for the team. the only hiccups she had was caused by injury. She has been a vert integral part....in fact a dominant part of the team.

The kind of opinions on this thread can be stupendously funny...laced with biases and prejudice

Empty barrels always make the loudest noise. Anyone who follows Barca women knows she’s always in and out of the team for various reasons and it’s rare she gets a long run of matches in the starting position.

You can change your moniker a million times but you can’t change your thought process or your limited vocabulary. We know who you are, internet warrior.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
AkinDS:
This is too funny - una go wait taya!
Someone just played all minutes for Nigeria in the most difficult world cup and performed exceptionably well. More than held her own.
This was her very first senior national competition and she was rock solid. Against 3 teams ranked as top ten (10) women teams in world football.

Yet, someone here is trying to tell us that this neophyte playing in D2 of the French league is better than her? I mean, seriously?
Why do Nigerians like to continuously delude ourselves?

There is a reason why the girl is playing in the French D2, She is not good enough! Pure and simple! let us know when she is able to hold her own in a competitive league.
Until then, abeg, make man see road, pls!

The D2 Leagues in France, England, Spain, Sweden are even very much Organized and Competitive than our current NWPL right now including the likes of Israel, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Malta etc … Financially again😊

If nor be Money Wetin our top developing talents and U20 players da go do for those kind League.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
The thing is the talent is there and it’s very obvious, if it’s not there I don’t think she even get a call up to the Age grade National Team talk more of moving abroad…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kibbs:

Empty barrels always make the loudest noise. Anyone who follows Barca women knows she’s always in and out of the team for various reasons and it’s rare she gets a long run of matches in the starting position.

You can change your moniker a million times but you can’t change your thought process or your limited vocabulary. We know who you are, internet warrior.

Lol

I am laughing seriously as I type this. The first thought that came to my mind as I read that comment was this sounded like the other guy I promised not to respond to again. To see someone else think the same was amusing. I won't even engage cause it's obvious they don't watch Barcelona like many of us here do. You can love Oshoala and root for her while at the same time make objective comments on her performances.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
Deltamani:

Again the Player we’re talking about is just 21 and has Played In Turkey top Division before she moved down to France D2…!

Look at Regina Otu for Example she was playing in Belarus 🇧🇾 and decided to go to France D2 and play for As Saint Etienne, now she’s back in the French D1..!

im not saying she aint good enough...what im against is trying to compare to another player who obviously had more impact in the teams they played for. the other poster was saying she better than Demehin, after just watching her in a div 2 match for 20 sec...thats obviosly a foolish conclusion.
All objective indices claims Demehin is a lot better...from a strong under 20 performance to the super falcons....stable and strong member of Stade Riems,,a premier club in france...all the coaches that saw and picked her aint dumb....unless u saying you are wiser than the actual professionals that coach in elite leagues and also the national team coach....heck..i cant even remember her name and ive been watching the junior national team for some time...if she cant make a serious impression then, she aint that so good...not saying she cant improve and be world best,...but for now, its only a prejudiced mind that would say she is better than Demehin who didnt even have a bad world cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kibbs:

you are the dumb one making the noise here...i dont really have the time to engage here often has its littered with puerile minds like you here, the kind of things you read that turns your stomach. Oshoala has been magnificent in Barca colors, topping goal charts year in year out, getting nominated for best in the world picks, and you, this useless armchair critic would be typing outlandish, totally dumb opinions claiming she is poor in finishing..gosh you are really dumb...so is it her alter ego or clone that has been claiming top score everywhere she goes?....true her form can dip a bit, and that is what a sensible person would think...but no.....you.... the pseudo Guardiola of naija who probably has not applied himself effectively to anything before...would know better....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

you are the dumb one making the noise here...i dont really have the time to engage here often has its littered with puerile minds like you here, the kind of things you read that turns your stomach. Oshoala has been magnificent in Barca colors, topping goal charts year in year out, getting nominated for best in the world picks, and you, this useless armchair critic would be typing outlandish, totally dumb opinions claiming she is poor in finishing..gosh you are really dumb...so is it her alter ego or clone that has been claiming top score everywhere she goes?....true her form can dip a bit, and that is what a sensible person would think...but no.....you.... the pseudo Guardiola of naija who probably has not applied himself effectively to anything before...would know better....
Basco... Calm down please. There is a difference between criticism and putting a player to sword. You don't support this player more than we all do here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
Deltamani:

If she da score like 60% of those good Chances I don’t think i would Complain sef… This miss was just too much

The truth is that Oshoala is not a reliable striker, this is really painful to acknowledge- especially at this time of her career, and it's the reason Barca never trusts her to be a starter. I've often opined that her pace gives her a lot of edge, it's a major reason she gets lots of chances. Also, being on a team like Barca helps her to get those chances a lot. Now, her conversion rate leaves a lot to be desired. If she could just convert 60 percent of those chances, she would just have reached her potentials.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

We heard the same story from u guys last season but she ended up as the team’s leading scorer. This is a preseason match we are talking about.

You always rush to defend her. Does it mean everyone else notices this weakness of hers but you? Could it be that they all are just hating on her?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
lovewins:

Lol

I am laughing seriously as I type this. The first thought that came to my mind as I read that comment was this sounded like the other guy I promised not to respond to again. To see someone else think the same was amusing. I won't even engage cause it's obvious they don't watch Barcelona like many of us here do. You can love Oshoala and root for her while at the same time make objective comments on her performances.

mad men laugh at themselves all the time, no pun intended. just like oga Basco alluded, u said same nonsense that her finishing is poor last season, yet she was one of the top scorer AGAIN in the league. if not even the top scorer in the team....are you now saying the whole of barca or even the spanish league dont know how to finish? u can see how ridiculous you sound when you hyperventilate about her missed chances. She is not the only striker in that league and the spanish league is one of the strongest, if not the strongest league, yet she has continuously claimed top scorer over and over again...except logic is alien to you....then it means if her finishing is poor, and she is top goal scorer, what does that say to the rest of the strikers in that league....

except maybe your judgement is laced with bias, or you are generally not sound upstairs...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
AkinDS:
This is too funny - una go wait taya!
Someone just played all minutes for Nigeria in the most difficult world cup and performed exceptionably well. More than held her own.
This was her very first senior national competition and she was rock solid. Against 3 teams ranked as top ten (10) women teams in world football.

Yet, someone here is trying to tell us that this neophyte playing in D2 of the French league is better than her? I mean, seriously?
Why do Nigerians like to continuously delude ourselves?

There is a reason why the girl is playing in the French D2, She is not good enough! Pure and simple! let us know when she is able to hold her own in a competitive league.
Until then, abeg, make man see road, pls!

I expected better from you. That Demehin played at the World cup and the French First division, does not necessarily mean she's better than the other player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
CoolJulian:

You always rush to defend her. Does it mean everyone else notices this weakness of hers but you? Could it be that they all are just hating on her?

So her weakness is poor finishing, yet she is top scorer in major competitions and league from her youth days till now. In different countries and back to back pichichi in arguably the strongest competition in the world..make it make sense please.

and please, dont allude to her speed cos we have many players faster than her in both the male and female game who are not prolific goalscorers..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
Deltamani:
Maureen UMEUGOCHUKWU 21yrs

A Right-Footed CB, who also can fill in as fullback. A good ball Progressor, both in Carrying and Passing.

Also a dangerous threat in the air in attacking set pieces. With lot of experience after Playing for Adana Idmanyurduspor club in the Turkish 1st division 🇹🇷 & there in 🇫🇷.

She masters 1v1 situations better than most centre-backs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVfXV-T-9dA?si=4XEtxvxu5gIaKZ7A

Wow! I know that this is a short video and not the French First division, but I'm very impressed, I love her confidence. She's very young too. I'll like for her to be invited to the Super Falcons so she can be assessed.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

So her weakness is poor finishing, yet she is top scorer in major competitions and league from her youth days till now. In different countries and back to back pichichi in arguably the strongest competition in the world..make it make sense please.

and please, dont allude to her speed cos we have many players faster than her in both the male and female game who are not prolific goalscorers..

Spare me! Who are the players faster than her in the women's game? I already gave reasons she scores those goals. She misses far more. SHE IS NOT RELIABLE.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

wow...cement her place? someone that has been back to back top scorer for the team. the only hiccups she had was caused by injury. She has been a vert integral part....in fact a dominant part of the team.

The kind of opinions on this thread can be stupendously funny...laced with biases and prejudice

Barca don't usually pay for transfer, except an emergency like when Putellas got ACL and had to bring Walsh.

They are patient and are likely talking to a striker from one of the big clubs so they can sign at the end of their contract in their old club.

They almost bagged Miedema from Arsenal, they had a pre agreement with her. The deal broke down last minute when she changed her mind.

That was how they signed Ona Battle from United, Graham Hansen from Wolfsburg etc etc.

Something tells me they will sign Ewa Pajor or Wasmuth from Wolfsburg by next year.

They are a very patient club. And will always wait for the right player to replace Oshoala
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

mad men laugh at themselves all the time, no pun intended. just like oga Basco alluded, u said same nonsense that her finishing is poor last season, yet she was one of the top scorer AGAIN in the league. if not even the top scorer in the team....are you now saying the whole of barca or even the spanish league dont know how to finish? u can see how ridiculous you sound when you hyperventilate about her missed chances. She is not the only striker in that league and the spanish league is one of the strongest, if not the strongest league, yet she has continuously claimed top scorer over and over again...except logic is alien to you....then it means if her finishing is poor, and she is top goal scorer, what does that say to the rest of the strikers in that league....

except maybe your judgement is laced with bias, or you are generally not sound upstairs...

Only small minds resort to insults to make their arguments. I'll give the benefit of doubt that you aren't the moniker I think you her hence this response (I usually don't respond to people who resort to insults.

First, the conversation has context. Your moniker is new and you aren't a frequent contributor here, so the ideal thing will be to observe before butting into conversations you know next to nothing about. Everyone who expressed critical views about Oshoala's finishing (myself inclusive) her one of Oshoala's biggest promoters. You can do a quick search of Oshoala on the platform going back the last 2 years and you'll see that. Many of us watch her play every weekend and are some of her biggest defenders on the YouTube stream when she's subjected to attacks (some valid) by Barca fans. So to reduce valid criticism to being hateful or being "not sound upstairs" is being pedestrian and unintelligent at best.

I think it's fair to ask, how many Barcelona femini games did you watch the last 2 years? Not highlights, full games? I don't want to argue with someone who obviously doesn't watch games and only resort to stars to argue.

Barcelona femini is a free scoring side. They create the most chances probably of any female football team in Europe. Oshoala putting up the number she does is a consequence of that and noc necessarily because of anything spectacular she does. It's why she's found it difficult to replicate same at the national team cause the Super Falcons is obviously not Barca. This isn't an attempt to take away from how good a player she is, it's just saying things the way they are.

Just to give context Barcelona being a free scoring side, in the 2022/2023 UEFA champions League Oshoala scores 5 goals total, but so did Aitana. Geyse, Rolfo, Patri and Mariona all had 4 goals. In the 2022/2023 Liga F Oshoala scored 21 goals, ut we had at least 4 other members of the team with double digits number of goal. (Salma 11, Pina 10, Aitana 10, Graham Hensen 11).

In 2021/2022 Liga F season, she was joint top scorer with Geyse as they both scored 20 goal each. That same season however, Barcelona had at least 5 others scoring double digits (Putellas 18, Martens 17, Hermoso 16, Pina 15, Aitana 13). In the champions League of same season Oshoala scored 1 goal with Alexia leading scoring for Barcelona with 11 goals. Hermano and Aitana both had 5 and 4 goals respectively.

I wish I had access to data that shows the number of chances that led to these goals to give a better picture. Point is, Oshoala is definitely a good played and everyone here roots for her, but if is fair criticism to say she's been terrible when to comes to converting chances. The fact that she's scored 20 goals the last 2 seasons doesn't change that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

It's obvious you don't even follow the career of the person you so vehemently "defend". Oshoala didn't have the best of time in England. She scored a total of 3 goals for Liverpool (injury didn't help) and scored a total of 2 goals with Arsenal. Her not too good spell is what informed her move to China where she had a fantastic season (where she was top scorer) that helped facilitate her loan to Barcelona after which they signed her permanently. So your claim isn't exactly far from the truth. She also didn't win the pichichi back to back, she's only won it once which she shared with Geyse.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
lovewins:

Only small minds resort to insults to make their arguments. I'll give the benefit of doubt that you aren't the moniker I think you her hence this response (I usually don't respond to people who resort to insults.

First, the conversation has context. Your moniker is new and you aren't a frequent contributor here, so the ideal thing will be to observe before butting into conversations you know next to nothing about. Everyone who expressed critical views about Oshoala's finishing (myself inclusive) her one of Oshoala's biggest promoters. You can do a quick search of Oshoala on the platform going back the last 2 years and you'll see that. Many of us watch her play every weekend and are some of her biggest defenders on the YouTube stream when she's subjected to attacks (some valid) by Barca fans. So to reduce valid criticism to being hateful or being "not sound upstairs" is being pedestrian and unintelligent at best.

I think it's fair to ask, how many Barcelona femini games did you watch the last 2 years? Not highlights, full games? I don't want to argue with someone who obviously doesn't watch games and only resort to stars to argue.

Barcelona femini is a free scoring side. They create the most chances probably of any female football team in Europe. Oshoala putting up the number she does is a consequence of that and noc necessarily because of anything spectacular she does. It's why she's found it difficult to replicate same at the national team cause the Super Falcons is obviously not Barca. This isn't an attempt to take away from how good a player she is, it's just saying things the way they are.

Just to give context Barcelona being a free scoring side, in the 2022/2023 UEFA champions League Oshoala scores 5 goals total, but so did Aitana. Geyse, Rolfo, Patri and Mariona all had 4 goals. In the 2022/2023 Liga F Oshoala scored 21 goals, ut we had at least 4 other members of the team with double digits number of goal. (Salma 11, Pina 10, Aitana 10, Graham Hensen 11).

In 2021/2022 Liga F season, she was joint top scorer with Geyse as they both scored 20 goal each. That same season however, Barcelona had at least 5 others scoring double digits (Putellas 18, Martens 17, Hermoso 16, Pina 15, Aitana 13). In the champions League of same season Oshoala scored 1 goal with Alexia leading scoring for Barcelona with 11 goals. Hermano and Aitana both had 5 and 4 goals respectively.

I wish I had access to data that shows the number of chances that led to these goals to give a better picture. Point is, Oshoala is definitely a good played and everyone here roots for her, but if is fair criticism to say she's been terrible when to comes to converting chances. The fact that she's scored 20 goals the last 2 seasons doesn't change that.

You are just been hypocritical. U made subtle insult and denigration in ur first reply and even in this reply, yet u claiming moral high grounds,

You have written a whole lot, and still dont get the point. you say she is very poor in terms of finishing, but she outscore her teammates mostly. You now claim its because barca create so much chances...pray tell, is barca the only team she gas played for?? and if her team mates are actually scoring less, even as injury limited her appearance this past few season, does that not mean her teammates are bad finishers too

During the 2019-20 season, Oshoala scored 20 goals in her 19 appearances for Barcelona. what her the goals and appearance effort of the others. she was named as the best player at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and was the top goalscorer at the tournament with seven goals. went to China won top goalscorer again. and you say she has a weakness in finishing??

African Women's Championship Golden Ball: 2014
African Women's Championship Golden Boot: 2016
FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Golden Boot: 2014
FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
Primera División Top scorer: 2021–22
Chinese Women's Super League Top scorer

if you still say she has a fundamental flaw in finishing then you will not be so bright, cos all those other strikers,,,which by the way are many, and dont have flaws according to you, dont have her scoring records, she has been prolific everywhere and way back,,,so to put it on barcelona is quite jejune

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
lovewins:

It's obvious you don't even follow the career of the person you so vehemently "defend". Oshoala didn't have the best of time in England. She scored a total of 3 goals for Liverpool (injury didn't help) and scored a total of 2 goals with Arsenal. Her not too good spell is what informed her move to China where she had a fantastic season (where she was top scorer) that helped facilitate her loan to Barcelona after which they signed her permanently. So your claim isn't exactly far from the truth. She also didn't win the pichichi back to back, she's only won it once which she shared with Geyse.

Oga u are just a hater. Despite missing two months of the 2015 season for liverpool with a knee injury she still scored three goals in the nine games. a whole two months out. Its even remarkable that its her first experience abroad, straight from Rivers Angels.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

you are just been hypocritical. u made subtle insult and denigration in ur first reply and even in this reply, yet u claiming moral high grounds,

you have written a whole lot, and you still dont get the point. you say she is very poor in terms of finishing, but she outscore her teammates mostly. You now claim its because barca create so much chances...pray tell, is barca the only team she gas played for?? and if her team mates are actually scoring less, even as injury limited her appearance this past few season, does that not mean her teammates are bad finishers too

During the 2019-20 season, Oshoala scored 20 goals in her 19 appearances for Barcelona. what her the goals and appearance effort of the others. she was named as the best player at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and was the top goalscorer at the tournament with seven goals. went to China won top goalscorer again. and you say she has a weakness in finishing??

African Women's Championship Golden Ball: 2014
African Women's Championship Golden Boot: 2016
FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Golden Boot: 2014
FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
Primera División Top scorer: 2021–22
Chinese Women's Super League Top scorer

if you still say she has a fundamental flaw in finishing then you will not be so bright, cos all those other strikers,,,which by the way are many, and dont have flaws according to you, dont have her scoring records, she has been prolific everywhere and way back,,,so to put it on barcelona is quite jejune

First I didn't insult stylishly, my comment about "small minds* is descriptive and not directed to you personally. With that out of the way, again it's obvious you don't follow her career, you only dogged up stats from Wikipedia.

It's important to first state that the conversation isn't an indictment on Oshoala's illustrious career Aas you recent comments seem to.make.it seem so. Oshoala is the most decorated female footballer to come out of Africa and being names best player 5 times is enough prove of that.

Her challenge with missing chances also isn't something that was typical at the beginning of her career, its something that's more recent (observable maybe the last 2 seasons) as it's been with her national team hiatus. So we don't need to go way back to her youth days to prove a point. It's als worth nothing that when we have conversations like this, it's ridiculous to bring up u-20 competitions when talking about a professional player.

The entire point of my argument is that Barcelona is a free scoring sides with even defenders scoring double digits. So it really has nothing in real sense to do with Oshoala (with due respect to her). Onumonu, Kanu etc in her position will put up same numbers. So it doesn't look like folktales let check history a bit.

Since the 2011/2012 season, Barcelona top scorers have scored less than 20 only twice. Sonia Bermudez who was top scorer for 4 seasons had 22 goals as the least number of goals she scored. She scored as high as 38 goals a season. Jennifer Hermoso who Oshoala took over from had 23 goals as the least number of goals she scored. In the 4 seasons where she was top scorer, she scored 23, 24, 31 and 35 goals respectively. So putting it in perspective, in the last decade among Barcelona's top scorers, Oshoala has performed the least of all of them with 21 being the highest she's scored.

I hope you get the point now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

Oga u are just a hater. Despite missing two months of the 2015 season for liverpool with a knee injury she still scored three goals in the nine games. a whole two months out. Its even remarkable that its her first experience abroad, straight from Rivers Angels.

This is the last time I'll engage you. You obviously can put your emotions in check and have intelligent arguments. Your pronouncing me a hater doesn't make me one. You were so blinded by your rage you cant even see that I clearly stated "injury didn't help". Did injury also affect her at Arsenal? BTW, read my last post, the argument wasn't even is calling into question her illustrious career, the conversation is centered around her missing chances which is recent.

It's obvious you're impossible to reason with. It's bye from here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
sureleads:

im not saying she aint good enough...what im against is trying to compare to another player who obviously had more impact in the teams they played for. the other poster was saying she better than Demehin, after just watching her in a div 2 match for 20 sec...thats obviosly a foolish conclusion.
All objective indices claims Demehin is a lot better...from a strong under 20 performance to the super falcons....stable and strong member of Stade Riems,,a premier club in france...all the coaches that saw and picked her aint dumb....unless u saying you are wiser than the actual professionals that coach in elite leagues and also the national team coach....heck..i cant even remember her name and ive been watching the junior national team for some time...if she cant make a serious impression then, she aint that so good...not saying she cant improve and be world best,...but for now, its only a prejudiced mind that would say she is better than Demehin who didnt even have a bad world cup
You won’t have said this if our goalie didn’t save her as* against England
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Onyi Echegini in FSU starting XI for their home opener🍢

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nigerian duo of Vivian Ikechukwu and Glory Ogbonna were in action for Besiktas in their 1-1 draw at Faith Karagümrük in the Super Ligi.

Besiktas came from behind to earn a point with Ikechukwu getting a late goal for the visitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvAr6YvGZM?si=XDHQOsggjtrZxXRm

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
lovewins:

This is the last time I'll engage you. You obviously can put your emotions in check and have intelligent arguments. Your pronouncing me a hater doesn't make me one. You were so blinded by your rage you cant even see that I clearly stated "injury didn't help". Did injury also affect her at Arsenal? BTW, read my last post, the argument wasn't even is calling into question her illustrious career, the conversation is centered around her missing chances which is recent.

It's obvious you're impossible to reason with. It's bye from here.

hmm...okay. Talking about intelligent arguments. At least we both agree that she has an illustrious career, which is not by chance but by her prodigious goal scoring talent.

And you are stating that its just a recent thing, last 2 years to be precise, that she has been losing chances abysmally. wouldn't it make a more viable argument that her lack of fitness and consistency, due to recurring injuries happening to her might have been affecting her.. An objective critic would have been to hammer on her playing regularly and hopefully without injury so she gets back to her full self...

But all you have been doing is calling her talent to question, pulling her down, and hoping she gets replaced ASAP...because she has been losing too much chances according to you..somebody that have proved herself as a prolific goalscorer, wit well known injury and fitness problem

You should look in the mirror if you are looking for an emotional critic. A prolific goalscorer suddenly dont know how to score goals?
it doesn't take too much intelligence to know why she might be having a bit of cobwebs in her game.

All she needs is consistency and full fitness to get back to herself fully...we shouldn't be putting our own down
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
lovewins, I know you’re different from me but I’m definitely not one to reply or engage dimwits. I know an intelligent person when I see one and he’s not worth wasting your time on or attempting to educate.

His brain is filled with insults, not logic. Just leave him be and add him to the list of the blackisted monikers on the thread. Everytime he extorts a reaction from you, it’s a win for him. Don’t give him or his brothers that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
CoolJulian:

Wow! I know that this is a short video and not the French First division, but I'm very impressed, I love her confidence. She's very young too. I'll like for her to be invited to the Super Falcons so she can be assessed.

As for this argument, unless you’re new to the world of football, you don’t make a conclusion on a player based on highlights, no matter how long it is. Every player has their highlights where they’re looking like the best thing since sliced bread and she’s not different.

Also, people saying she should replace Demehin have no solid ground for that. You don’t get handed your place in the NT, you earn it! Demehin has done so, let Maureen earn her place too.

And if she’s a good as the hype, it won’t be long before she makes the move to a better club. As for now, she has a long way to go to replace her counterpart.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
CoolJulian:

Last I checked this is a football thread not a cult so I can form my own opinion. The fact that everyone has the same opinions doesn't mean I have to conform.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
mostob:
Basco... Calm down please. There is a difference between criticism and putting a player to sword. You don't support this player more than we all do here.

Are u on crack? When have I ever played childish games like making a fake account Miss me with that nonsense talk please.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sureleads: 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Last I checked this is a football thread not a cult so I can form my own opinion. The fact that everyone has the same opinions doesn't mean I have to conform.

Its not even everyone here that thinks like that.....just a few vocal ones that are happy to throw a fellow country woman who is in a vintage position under the bus, instead of encouragement and support....calling for the club to bench and replace her, just as she is trying to build herself to full fitness. A place she has proved herself already

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) ... (1088) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.