Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,025 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (811988 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
Aisha Falode who is the former chairperson of the Nigeria Women's League believes that the NWFL must provide the best for the national team instead of fans complaining about foreign-based players' invitations.

Thoughts? 👇🏽

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2023
Deltamani:
Aisha Falode who is the former chairperson of the Nigeria Women's League believes that the NWFL must provide the best for the national team instead of fans complaining about foreign-based players' invitations.

Thoughts? 👇🏽

Prior to the Women’s World Cup in Australia/New Zealand on a live TV show, a Falcons veteran said "Not inviting the home-based players will kill the league and the dreams of the players".

Morlat responded by saying "Demehin, Imuran, Abiodun, and Gift, were home-based players some months back. Are you saying they should be replaced by another set of homegrown players because they now play abroad?"

I joined Madam Aisha Falode in clamoring for Super Falcons 'B'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
South Korea Based SuperFalcon Attacking Midfielder Chinaza Uchendu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
The Gyeongju Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power WFC Left Footed Attacking Midfielder had a stellar performance last Season in South Korea 🇰🇷

Hope she moves back to Europe to compete at the higher Level and would definitely open her way back to
the SuperFalcons Midfield..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
Deltamani:

Yes Very Fair Distribution and Nigeria is responsible for Africa having such amounts of Spots because of their excellent Performance at the U20 level..

You can say that again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
Deltamani:

Thoughts? 👇🏽

This makes sense. To think that this isn't even reinventing the wheel. It's something that used to exist and players like Kanu passed through the Falcons B phase. Not sure why it was stopped.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2023
Toni Payne came off the bench to provide an assist in Sevilla's 5-1 win over Esther Okoronkwo and Gift Monday's Granadilla Terenife

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2023
lovewins:

This makes sense. To think that this isn't even reinventing the wheel. It's something that used to exist and players like Kanu passed through the Falcons B phase. Not sure why it was stopped.

She surely passes through it though she was already Playing College Football in the US🇺🇸 and it really help her earn her Spot at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup..

Moving to the NWSL her game seems to have dropped, maybe lose of form that’s why..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
And what will be the purpose IF there is no competition to play in?
We all witnessed how useless the men’s B team has become, and there is no reason why the women’s team wouldn’t undergo the same fate.

Not impressed one bit with Falode. She is truly bereft of ideas to move our women’s football forward and needs to make way for someone more intelligent and with fresher ideas. She is stale and is no longer useful to to Nigerian football
Deltamani:

Prior to the Women’s World Cup in Australia/New Zealand on a live TV show, a Falcons veteran said "Not inviting the home-based players will kill the league and the dreams of the players".

Morlat responded by saying "Demehin, Imuran, Abiodun, and Gift, were home-based players some months back. Are you saying they should be replaced by another set of homegrown players because they now play abroad?"

I joined Madam Aisha Falode in clamoring for Super Falcons 'B'.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
AkinDS:
And what will be the purpose IF there is no competition to play in?
We all witnessed how useless the men’s B team has become, and there is no reason why the women’s team wouldn’t undergo the same fate.

Not impressed one bit with Falode. She is truly bereft of ideas to move our women’s football forward and needs to make way for someone more intelligent and with fresher ideas. She is stale and is no longer useful to to Nigerian football

I disagree with you take on Falode

Of course there's big room for improvement but she's been a big part to the stability the local women's game has seen the last few years. Remember she wasn't a board member until she was recently elected and since then she's been a big advocate for the falcons. From reports, she was literally the one that stopped Randy from being sacked and moved heaven and earth to ensure that. Understanding how football politics work in our parlance I won't play down her role so far.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
Regarding Randy, that’s the very least we could have expected from her, considering that the girls on the team pretty much read her the riot act about what will happen. It was the team leaders that pushed and are still pushing for Randy.

I cannot think of one singular initiative she tables that our women’s football has benefited from. Pinnick was the one who really was the strongest advocate, pushing for the betterment of the team thru friendlies and getting Randy on board at all costs.

Since he left, it’s been business as usual, especially with these riff rafts in control now.
lovewins:

I disagree with you take on Falode

Of course there's big room for improvement but she's been a big part to the stability the local women's game has seen the last few years. Remember she wasn't a board member until she was recently elected and since then she's been a big advocate for the falcons. From reports, she was literally the one that stopped Randy from being sacked and moved heaven and earth to ensure that. Understanding how football politics work in our parlance I won't play down her role so far.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
AkinDS:
Regarding Randy, that’s the very least we could have expected from her, considering that the girls on the team pretty much read her the riot act about what will happen. It was the team leaders that pushed and are still pushing for Randy.

I cannot think of one singular initiative she tables that our women’s football has benefited from. Pinnick was the one who really was the strongest advocate, pushing for the betterment of the team thru friendlies and getting Randy on board at all costs.

Since he left, it’s been business as usual, especially with these riff rafts in control now.

Again, it's why I clarified that until the last election one year ago she wasn't a board member. She was at best playing a caretaker role for the NWFL. She really didn't have much sway like she does now. Despite that, she was to a large extent able to give the league some stability, the league got new sponsors and extra visibility further time there. I rarely hold briefs for these folks and will be the first to acknowledge there's so much to improve on, but I wouldn't completely water down her contribution to the growth of women's football locally no matter how small.

And oh, she didn't have to intervene in the Randy debacle as her role was no longer women's football. She was elected a board member and women's football wasn't primarily her purview.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:33am On Oct 05, 2023
Club Friendly NWSL vs MX League

FT'⏱️| KC Current 🛡️(1) - (0)💙 Rayadas

Veronica Chinwendu Ihezuo and Jasmine Seoposinwe in action

https://www.youtube.com/live/27h-dUmCsYk?si=ck1scXy6fYr-27bK

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
Good afternoon my bosses and boss ladies 😁🙌🏾. I have been nominated for the MAA Comedian of the Year! Please vote "Banky G" via this link 🔗:

https://millenniumafricaglobalinitiative.com/comedian-of-the-year/

Thanks in advance 😁 Make una support the Osimhen of Comedy 😎 abeg 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
NWFL 🇳🇬 Premiership 2023-2024

2023/24 NWFL gets October 15 kick-off date following successful draw completion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2023
Deltamani:

Did Remo stars buy a slot?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2023
2024 #WAFCON WOMEN'S AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS QUALIFIERS - ROUND 2

⚽ Senegal vs Egypt
⚽ Mali vs Guinea
⚽ Nigeria vs Cape Verde
⚽ Algeria vs Burundi
⚽ Equatorial Guinea vs DR Congo
⚽ Tanzania vs Togo
⚽ Ghana vs Namibia
⚽ Kenya vs Botswana
⚽ Tunisia vs Congo
⚽ Angola vs Zambia
⚽ Burkina Faso vs South Africa

🗓 1st legs - 27/11/2023
🗓 2nd legs - 05/12/2023

✅ Aggregate winner qualifiers for #AWCON Morocco 2024.
✅ 12 nations to make the tournament.
✅ Morocco already qualified as the hosts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2023
lovewins:

Did Remo stars buy a slot?

Yes the one of Lakeside Queens

The abridged Nigeria Women Football
League has been slated to kick off by
November 15.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2023
Edo Queens land Abuja for 2023 edition of Sheroes pre- season tournament.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2023
FIFA will introduce a new women’s futsal World Cup tournament in 2025.. I wonder if any of our SF players would be eligible
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2023
PDPGuy:
FIFA will introduce a new women’s futsal World Cup tournament in 2025.. I wonder if any of our SF players would be eligible
What are the criteria please?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
lovewins:
Flourish Sabastine has today arrived in France to complete a move to French first division women's club Stade de Reims from Bayelsa Queens.

The 18-years-old forward is expected to be unveiled in the coming days subject to successful medical and agreement of terms.

She will be the third Nigerian player to join the club in the last 12 months after her FIFA 2022 Women's World Cup teammates: Rofiat Imuran and Oluwatosin Demehin.

Source; Fij Sports

So happy for her. Hoping this pulls through

Confirmed

18-year old forward, Flourish Sabastine has joined French D1 Arkema side, Stade de Reims on a two-year deal from Bayelsa Queens FC.

She will wear the no. 22 jersey

Credit: Eaglestracker

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
Deltamani:
2024 #WAFCON WOMEN'S AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS QUALIFIERS - ROUND 2

⚽ Senegal vs Egypt
⚽ Mali vs Guinea
⚽ Nigeria vs Cape Verde
⚽ Algeria vs Burundi
⚽ Equatorial Guinea vs DR Congo
⚽ Tanzania vs Togo
⚽ Ghana vs Namibia
⚽ Kenya vs Botswana
⚽ Tunisia vs Congo
⚽ Angola vs Zambia
⚽ Burkina Faso vs South Africa

🗓 1st legs - 27/11/2023
🗓 2nd legs - 05/12/2023

✅ Aggregate winner qualifiers for #AWCON Morocco 2024.
✅ 12 nations to make the tournament.
✅ Morocco already qualified as the hosts

CAF should increase participating teams to 16 from the next edition after this..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
Deltamani:

Why this kinda draw? Tough teams are in group B.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
🚨 Sabastine Flourish has completed a two-year move from NWFL side Bayelsa Queens to D1 Arkema side Stade de Reims.

The Falconet star will don the French outfit number 22 shirt, Congratulations, Flourish Chioma Sabastine 🦅💚

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨 Sabastine Flourish has completed a two-year move from NWFL side Bayelsa Queens to D1 Arkema side Stade de Reims.

The Falconet star will don the French outfit number 22 shirt, Congratulations, Flourish Chioma Sabastine 🦅💚

This Stade de Reims sef their own da their body ooo, They have been bringing in Rofiat Imuran from the bench this season as a Left Winger, while Cameroonian Defensive Midfielder Ngock have been playing at Left Back, they signed also signed Cameroon Left Back Colette Ndzana yesterday… Now they have brought in Sabastine…

How them wan play them pass??
I will like the Coach to move Imuran Back to the left Back so she can play close to Demehin who I think they have good understanding… Then Sabastine can fight for a starting spot at Left Wing
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
Baller

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
🇳🇬Michelle Alozie has been voted NWSL Player of the Week after a fantastic showing for Houston Dash against Gotham FC.

The Super Falcons defender scored a brace, including a chip-over goal, as Houston claimed a 2-0 league win at Gotham.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
Deltamani:
🇳🇬Michelle Alozie has been voted NWSL Player of the Week after a fantastic showing for Houston Dash against Gotham FC.

The Super Falcons defender scored a brace, including a chip-over goal, as Houston claimed a 2-0 league win at Gotham.

Michelle needs to do more to protect her body. She's taking too many hits for my liking. She took a lot of hits at the world cup too so this isn't league peculiar.

At 26 she may not feel the effect fully, but it could in a couple of years of this continues. Referees also have to do more in protecting these players. Still can't phantom why the goalkeeper of Gotham didn't get a red card.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
lovewins:

Michelle needs to do more to protect her body. She's taking too many hits for my liking. She took a lot of hits at the world cup too so this isn't league peculiar.

At 26 she may not feel the effect fully, but it could in a couple of years of this continues. Referees also have to do more in protecting these players. Still can't phantom why the goalkeeper of Gotham didn't get a red card.

The last hit she received from that Goalkeeper look intentional to me sef..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
Still don’t know why Nicole Payne isn’t making PSG squad list for games since this season started, and she trains regularly

Injury??

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Deltamani:

To me Flourish Sabastine is the only Nigerian U20 right now we can say have similar Playing attributes like Linda Caceido, not Ajakaye who doesn’t possess such set skills but a lot of pace.. FS and LC are dsame in Physique, Pace and technical brilliance though Caceido look taller a little bit..

Flourish Sabastine can become our next big star, I wish she was a little bit bigger and taller in height… Her size should work to her advantage though considering her Skills..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: skallion7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.