Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796234 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
timay1:

Onome going to the world cup was probably the FA honouring her with a record appearance, and Randy would have probably understood.

I doubt randy would have continued calling her after the world cup. And I'm glad the FA were also thinking along that line.

Exactly the point I made. It made sense for her to bow out at the world cup just like Rapineo and Martha did. The conversation about her continued stay really picked up steam after the last list was released.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:
Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 Women's Premier League

Ashleigh Plumptre makes league debut
she score hattrick sef against the Nigeria number 2 goal keeper. FT 3-0

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2023

Ashleigh Plumptre fires in hattrick on the opening round of the season
Result
Eastern Flames 0–3 Al-Ittihad
Ashleigh Plumptre 28' 61' 66'

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:

Ashleigh Plumptre fires in hattrick on the opening round of the season
Result
Eastern Flames 0–3 Al-Ittihad
Ashleigh Plumptre 28' 61' 66'

Na attack she play? Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2023
AkinDS:
PSG vs Stade Reim...

Demehin just hit the cross bar with a brilliant header

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDSgGmOUQd8

Just seeing notification that this game was suspended. Do you know why?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2023
Looks like there were bangs that sounded like gun shots.
Still awaiting details
lovewins:

Just seeing notification that this game was suspended. Do you know why?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2023
AkinDS:
Still awaiting details

Oh ok.

Appreciate the feedback.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2023
AkinDS:
Still awaiting details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Q2bPcMaRA?si=nt8mAMFPrtZqIMTN

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2023
Ashleigh Plumptre got the better off her national teammate Tochukwu Oluehi who was in goal for Eastern Flames.

...No be small thing.😂😂😂

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:

It's the confidence to strike the ball for me. Ashleigh has always had a powerful foot, she's just been conservative about it. Now she's been unleashed. What a sight to behold.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2023
We have her in the team and someone is still talking about Onome Ebi experience been very vital for the team at this stage…

There’s no way Onome Ebi can bench Osinachi Ohale, Ashleigh Plumptre and Blessing Demehin right now. No Coach will do that right now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2023
timay1:

Onome going to the world cup was probably the FA honouring her with a record appearance, and Randy would have probably understood.

I doubt randy would have continued calling her after the world cup. And I'm glad the FA were also thinking along that line.

Abeg mk Onome da go mk the likes of Maureen Umeh, Chidinma Okeke, Onyi Zogg, Akudo Ogbonna and many more get chance to claim a spot.
If we’re building for the future I see no reason having her in the team when the likes of Osinachi Ohale and even Ashleigh Plumptre can offer experience…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:
We have her in the team and someone is still talking about Onome Ebi experience been very vital for the team at this stage…

There’s no way Onome Ebi can bench Osinachi Ohale, Ashleigh Plumptre and Blessing Demehin right now. No Coach will do that right now
She can't even bench the uncapped Maureen Umeh and Oshobukola.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2023
It has happened grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:

Can someone please confirm if Oluehi plays for free, cus what is that atrocious goalkeeping? No reflexes or attempts at saving the ball for the first two goals and when she eventually does, she’s slower than a nail.. ewwww

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
Deltamani:
Ashleigh Plumptre got the better off her national teammate Tochukwu Oluehi who was in goal for Eastern Flames.

...No be small thing.😂😂😂

Ashleigh turned into Roberto Carlos. 🤣🤣

Absolutely destroyed Oluehi mehn. Damn! Nice to see her ball-striking ability. It's lethal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:18am On Oct 15, 2023
Deltamani:

And she plays mainly as an Attacking Midfielder/ Winger..
Nice
She will definitely be a good addition to the team’s creative midfield options
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:51am On Oct 15, 2023
Mama don talk ooo

My joining Naija Ratels is beyond playing football. It's about inspiring young upcoming female players from the grassroots to think and believe that if they dare like I did, they can make history like I did in a climate where in most cases a woman have to work twice as much as a man would to achieve success.

I strongly think my story won't be complete if I don't accomplish the goal of giving back to the Nigerian league, which nurtured me to stardom. It was not an easy decision for me because I had a lot of juicy offers but i believe Nigeria needs me right now.

When I was much younger, I never had the opportunity to see or train with great legends like Florence Omagbemi and others who were my idols back then. Today, I'm a legend, making it in life as a footballer in one of the most difficult climate any girl could possibly hope to ply a trade like football. I believe my joining Naija Ratels FC, with very young sets of players, is the best way to share my story of success and inspire female youngsters across Nigeria and Africa.

I believe if I retire now like a lot of critics have suggested, without first impacting the Nigeria Women Football ecosystem, I would have failed a nation that gave me an opportunity to become a legend and through which I made history. My goal is to continue to promote women's football at all levels and inspire grassroots female players to aspire to be better than me and my colleagues.

With Naija Ratels FC, I'll continue to shine the light as a source of encouragement and beacon of hope to other players

MY STORY IS COMPLETE AND I'M FULFILLED 🙌🙏🤗

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 4:46am On Oct 15, 2023
lovewins:

Exactly the point I made. It made sense for her to bow out at the world cup just like Rapineo and Martha did. The conversation about her continued stay really picked up steam after the last list was released.

Her insistence on staying after the world cup is now bordering on her embarrassing herself at this point. The NFF gave her a perfect send off with the world cup. something that most of players male or female don't usually get.

Even the NFF as useless as they can be at times knows enough that she's now doing too much by not bowing out. that's why they didn't invite her.

She should stop embarrassing herself, going up and down ranting on social media

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 4:49am On Oct 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
It has happened grin

A team that she should be joining as a coaching staff.

shameless mama dragging shirt with her children.

She'll be like 50 years now o. Remember, her official football age is 40. her real age will be close to 50. 🤣

if she had anything to offer on the pitch in the first place, she will be signing for better and more serious NWPL team

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:44am On Oct 15, 2023
Deltamani:
Mama don talk ooo

I believe if I retire now like a lot of critics have suggested, without first impacting the Nigeria Women Football ecosystem, I would have failed a nation that gave me an opportunity to become a legend and through which I made history. My goal is to continue to promote women's football at all levels and inspire grassroots female players to aspire to be better than me and my colleagues.

This is being clever by half sha. The retirement call is simply for the national team and has nothing to do with her club career. She can choose to play for Naija ratels and keep inspiring young girls from there for as long as she desires, no one has asked her not to.

The football ecosystem is filled with folks who retire from their national team and still continue their club career. Victor Moses is the closest example.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2023
timay1:

She'll be like 50 years now o. Remember, her official football age is 40. her real age will be close to 50. 🤣

if she had anything to offer on the pitch in the first place, she will be signing for better and more serious NWPL team

Is she older than Rabiu Ali who dragged Kano Pillars back to the NPFL? If it is not one thing its another with u bunch. Our legendary defender joining a team with our prized goalkeeping prospect. We can't hate so much that we push away something good. Those girls have the opportunity to learn from one of the best that ever did for Nigeria. I

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2023
Deltamani:

Talk to me direct, don't beat about the Bush grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2023
Kibbs:

Can someone please confirm if Oluehi plays for free, cus what is that atrocious goalkeeping? No reflexes or attempts at saving the ball for the first two goals and when she eventually does, she’s slower than a nail.. ewwww

Haba mana. No goal scored was her fault na. There is no keeper stopping any goal Ashleigh scored. The 2 shots were put in the far corner and the setpiece was a point blank goal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:18am On Oct 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Talk to me direct, don't beat about the Bush grin

BascoVanVeli I no call ur name oooo, This my Comment sef no get any sign of stray bullet to you o😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2023
Two World Class Coaches da Market now….
IF NFF don’t want to continue with Randy Waldrum they should go for any of them, they’re well known with good CV, UEFA Women’s Champions League Winning Coaches with excellent tactical skills…

1. Reynald Pedros 52yrs 🇫🇷
2. Lluís Cortés 37yrs 🇪🇸

But can the NFF afford them and give them the needed environment to survive? Again NFF will have to improve at least 50% on how they have worked with Randy for them to go for this guys…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Haba mana. No goal scored was her fault na. There is no keeper stopping any goal Ashleigh scored. The 2 shots were put in the far corner and the setpiece was a point blank goal.

The goals weren’t her fault? So you mean no other good female goalkeeper would have saved that? Are you kidding me?

Rewatch the video and then look closely at oluehi’s positioning and reactions. There wasn’t any attempt, she just stood like a log of wood! Goalkeeper with experience o!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
timay1:

abeg how many pikin she don born?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
Deltamani:

BascoVanVeli I no call ur name oooo, This my Comment sef no get any sign of stray bullet to you o😂😂😂

Really nega? 🙄🤣
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
Kibbs:

The goals weren’t her fault? So you mean no other good female goalkeeper would have saved that? Are you kidding me?

Rewatch the video and then look closely at oluehi’s positioning and reactions. There wasn’t any attempt, she just stood like a log of wood! Goalkeeper with experience o!

Just did commentary. Hell no those goals were not her fault.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
Sabinah Thom's late goal fires Malawi past holders Zambia and to their maiden title!

FT: 🇿🇲 Zambia 1-2 Malawi 🇲🇼
[Phiri 86' / Simwaka 34', Thom 90'+]

🥉Mozambique beat Zimbabwe 2-0 in the bronze match to win their first silverware. A Cosafa of firsts. 🙌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
Atletico Madrid & Barca Line up for today game….
Ajibade start, Asisat on the Bench..❤️🤍

(1) (2) (3) ... (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.