Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801130 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
This cape verde team too dey chop indomie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
People are really late to the party. Deborah

Abiodun has been HER for a while now.

Mk game Finnish before I go talk about Deborah..

Should we give praises to Randy with what we’re seeing Deborah playing or We should just praise Deborah for we know she was a talented..??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Abiodun had this people for lunch
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Mk game Finnish before I go talk about Deborah..

Should we give praises to Randy with what we’re seeing Deborah playing or We should just praise Deborah for we know she was a talented..??

You know I was thinking about it and I must say Randy deserves big credit and I'll explain why.

If any of us was asked to pick a player from the u20 squad as addition to our team truth is Debbie won't probably be top 3 on our list. Note that I am not saying she wasn't showing potential or wasn't good, but in terms of priority players like Onyenezide, Sebastian, Taiwo, Demehin had most of the hype. So the mere fact that Randy saw beyond the noise is something quite commendable.

Now to the player she's becoming, what more can I say. She is such a joy to watch. So sad she didn't get a lot of chance at the world cup. But Nigeria just hit the jackpot with her.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!
That was a midfield maestro clinic she put up today.

The experience she has gained in the NCAA in such a short time, and all the focused training under Randy and the Pitt coaching team on full display here. Midfield generalship, football IQ and fully understanding of her roles and responsibilities to the letter! All I can say is: wow!

Can't wait to see JOE’s performance in the midfield with her.
isan:
Abiodun had this people for lunch

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
AkinDS:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!
That was a midfield maestro clinic she put up today.

The experience she has gained in the NCAA in such a short time, and all the focused training under Randy and the Pitt coaching team on full display here. Midfield generalship, football IQ and fully understanding of her roles and responsibilities to the letter! All I can say is: wow!

Can't wait to see JOE’s performance in the midfield with her.
It would be great to have Echiegini. Her shots are always on point. Great accuracy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
Debbie Abiodun is that midfielder that has been missing in our squad for years. A midfielder who constantly demands for the ball and can confidently use every passes that comes her way brilliantly.

Esther also falls into this category but she needs exposure. I will rank Taiwo Afolabi behind both for now.

Bashirat Amoo and Olise are just pure destroyers. All they do is to secure the defence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
lovewins:

You know I was thinking about it and I must say Randy deserves big credit and I'll explain why.

If any of us was asked to pick a player from the u20 squad as addition to our team truth is Debbie won't probably be top 3 on our list Note that I am not saying she wasn't showing potential or wasn't good, but in terms of priority players like Onyenezide, Sebastian, Taiwo, Demehin had most of the hype. So the mere fact that Randy saw beyond the noise is something quite commendable.

Now to the player she's becoming, what more can I say. She is such a joy to watch. So sad she didn't get a lot of chance at the world cup. But Nigeria just hit the jackpot with her.
You're absolutely right here. I was one of those who felt she was not ready for the big stage when the WC squad discussion sufficed here sometimes ago. My excuse then was that she has Otu, Ayinde and Ucheibe ahead of her. Esther, Demehin and Rofiat were the three players I mentioned then.

Fortunately, she got that US move and everything works out. I really wish Esther can get the same move.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
Who sit on the bench between Ayinde , ucheibe and Abiodun ? Only 2 of dem can start

For attacking midfield who starts , Payne or Echegini ?

In central defense who pair ohale , Demehin or plumptre ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
The team is getting stacked

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
isan:

Who sit on the bench between Ayinde , ucheibe and Abiodun ? Only 2 of dem can start

Isan Please and Please don’t put us on a Hot seat, You ask questions I cannot answer correctly right now…

Halimatu Ayinde
Christy Ucheibe
Deborah Abeodun

Two to start then one to come from the bench…
Halimatu Ayinde is cool, calm and Collected, she’s the most experience one among them all, a great marker and a good passer of the ball… can I bench her I don’t know😂😂😂…

Christy Ucheibe.., A workaholic, the Engine room of the midfield, she doesn’t get tired but lack the end product of a midfielder which is the passing and really need to work on that become a Complete CDM/Box2Box Midfielder

Deborah Abeodun (A.K.A Ngolo Kante), the Baby among them all, how do I describe her?? She’s young, Strong, great tackler, good passer and a good game reader at such a young age, imagine calming breaking things up and calming down the midfield..
Ball control, Dribble, Passing, Block are on point, Halimatu and Ucheibe need to watch their Back…

Omor Abeg mk the Coaches do that Selection Abeg 😂😂😂, I can’t oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
isan:
The team is getting stacked

Then NFf go kon go ruin am by getting a carpintaah as coach. They know how to ruin things.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Isan Please and Please don’t put us on a Hot seat, You ask questions I cannot answer correctly right now…

Halimatu Ayinde
Christy Ucheibe
Deborah Abeodun

Two to start then one to come from the bench…
Halimatu Ayinde is cool, calm and Collected, she’s the most experience one among them all, a great marker and a good passer of the ball… can I bench her I don’t know😂😂😂…

Christy Ucheibe.., A workaholic, the Engine room of the midfield, she doesn’t get tired but lack the end product of a midfielder which is the passing and really need to work on that become a Complete CDM/Box2Box Midfielder

Deborah Abeodun (A.K.A Ngolo Kante), the Baby among them all, how do I describe her?? She’s young, Strong, great tackler, good passer and a good game reader at such a young age, imagine calming breaking things up and calming down the midfield..

Omor Abeg mk the Coaches do that Selection Abeg 😂😂😂, I can’t oo

Ucheibe go play Declan Rice. Abiodun go play like Partey. Make Legend Ayinde get free role. How you see am? Abiodun dictated place today gaan. For now, that Toni Payne Role is uncontested. If i see anyone that has a sweet shooting accuracy, ball curver, foul winner within that 25yrds region, then Payne can be contested.

Overall, na this Selection headache suppose make nff get better tactician. Although, these Verde girls no look like they fit survive 60mins sha. But the combo is sweet.

Okoronkwo no disappoint me. 😎😎

Can't wait for dem Onyenezide and Babajide to settle fast.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
isan:

Dis is not even a question….with all due respect to the oda “two players”…no be by muscle or gra gra …ayinde is a class above d two,she’s calm and calculative …I will always pick a calm and calculative player over a destroyer midfielder…she’s our busquet kind of player..u will hardly c her in a match,but let d coach remove her…one will notice d large vacuum immediately

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
daveP:

Ucheibe go play Declan Rice. Abiodun go play like Partey. Make Legend Ayinde get free role. How you see am? Abiodun dictated place today gaan. For now, that Toni Payne Role is uncontested. If i see anyone that has a sweet shooting accuracy, ball curver, foul winner within that 25yrds region, then Payne can be contested.

Overall, na this Selection headache suppose make nff get better tactician. Although, these Verde girls no look like they fit survive 60mins sha. But the combo is sweet.

I think it’s Tony Payne vs Onyi Echegini vs Esther Onyenezide right now…

In terms of Shooting Accuracy, Ball Curving and Long distance shot from Midfield Onyi Echegini comes into play.. The good thing is she’s going pro January as she’s graduating this December..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
Is it just me? I kinda enjoyed the substitutes in the second half. Okoronkwo, Esther, and Rinsola.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
daveP:

You feel Payne can shoot better than Echiegini? I don't think so.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
elyte89:

Dis is not even a question….with all due respect to the oda “two players”…no be by muscle or gra gra …ayinde is a class above d two,she’s calm and calculative …I will always pick a calm and calculative player over a destroyer midfielder…she’s our busquet kind of player..u will hardly c her in a match,but let d coach remove her…one will notice d large vacuum immediately
For me I can't pick. All three are good. Any two of these three are good for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

I think it’s Tony Payne vs Onyi Echegini vs Esther Onyenezide right now…

In terms of Shooting Accuracy, Ball Curving and Long distance shot from Midfield Onyi Echegini comes into play.. The good thing is she’s going pro January as she’s graduating this December..
I really want to see her in games soon enough. Congrats to her.

I won't lie. We currently have the personnel to play 352 right now, esp if these 3 are in the setup as well as Ucheibe and Ayinde.

I hope Christy of Edo queens get her minutes on Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Atall. That's what i meant. Infact anyone that watch Payne knows it's not really her thing. So if anyone can offer her skillset and the qualities i listed, I'll love to see them asap behind the attackers. If that person is Onyi, all well and good for me
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
elyte89:

As for Halimatu Ayinde, I haven’t seen any SuperFalcons Coach bench her from 2014 till date when she burst into the senior Category… it’s either they play her in DM or Box2Box..

Again the Midfield definitely need an experience leg like her… If Free from injury and very Fit, her starting spot is sure

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Omor Echegini shooting and her accuracy in front of goal sets her ahead of her mates especially her ability to Pop up in the Box… She’s also a brilliant Header.

Another thing about her is that she’s the best and most accurate Passer In The team according to most of the SuperFalcons analysts… SuperFalcon Media Officer who’s also a former footballer also said same thing that she’s the best Passer and i can attest to that with what have seen..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
daveP:
I really want to see her in games soon enough. Congrats to her.

I won't lie. We currently have the personnel to play 352 right now, esp if these 3 are in the setup as well as Ucheibe and Ayinde.

I hope Christy of Edo queens get her minutes on Tuesday.

3-5-2 won’t be Bad, but this might take Tony Payne Back to Wing Back position with Ohale, Demehin and Plumptre as 3 CB at the Back…

Alozie and Payne to Flank them…

Ayinde, Ucheibe or Abeodun and Echegini in Midfield

But who will be the top upfront??😂😂😂

You have Ajibade, Kanu, Oshoala, Onumonu, Okoronkwo, Babajide, Monday and Many more…

So this 3-5-2 go hard with the quality and number of options we have in attack

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

3-5-2 won’t be Bad, but this might take Tony Payne Back to Wing Back position with Ohale, Demehin and Plumptre as 3 CB at the Back…

You have Ajibade, Kanu, Oshoala, Onumonu, Okoronkwo, Babajide, Monday and Many more…

Kanu and Monday should step their game up though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Kanu and Monday should step their game up though.

Especially Monday Gift, She’s an off on On player, the day you expect her to deliver she would play rubbish. The day you don’t expect she rise up to the occasion, that have been her game till date! We can’t Bank on her at all..

Anyway the good thing is that Esther Okoronkwo is a goal getter, She will give you the goals. She seems to average a goal in every two games for the SuperFalcons or should I say in three games??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
2024 WAFCON QUALIFIERS LAST ROUND FIRST LEG RESULTS

Senegal 🇸🇳 4-0 🇪🇬 Egypt
Mali 🇲🇱 7-2 🇬🇳 Guinea
Nigeria 🇳🇬 5-0 🇨🇻 Cape Verde
Algeria 🇩🇿 5-1 🇧🇮 Burundi
Tanzania 🇹🇿 3-0🇹🇬 Togo
Kenya 🇰🇪 1-1 🇧🇼 Botswana
Tunisia 🇹🇳 5-2 🇨🇬 Congo
Angola 🇦🇴 0-6 🇿🇲 Zambia
Burkina Faso 🇧🇫 1-1 🇿🇦 South Africa.

TOMORROWS FIXTURES
Equatorial Guinea 🇬🇶 vs 🇨🇩 DR Congo
Ghana 🇬🇭 vs 🇳🇦 Namibia

Winners of both legs qualify for the 2024 WAFCON in Morocco.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
🚨Deborah Abiodun aka Kante win the Player of the Match award after an impressive display during Nigeria vs Cape Verde qualifier.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
I must say Deborah Abiodun is really good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Anyone with good aerial ability should be prioritized for that front 2. It is hard but that nodding will make it complete.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Senegal 🇸🇳 4-0 🇪🇬 Egypt
Mali 🇲🇱 7-2 🇬🇳 Guinea
Tanzania 🇹🇿 3-0🇹🇬 Togo
Kenya 🇰🇪 1-1 🇧🇼 Botswana
Tunisia 🇹🇳 5-2 🇨🇬 Congo
Angola 🇦🇴 0-6 🇿🇲 Zambia

TOMORROWS FIXTURES
Ghana 🇬🇭 vs 🇳🇦 Namibia

Is it that Burkina babes are really good or that SA was poor. Looks like a good team that would have to miss out unfortunately. Also what happened to the Ivorians? Used to be good too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
The Handler of the official Twitter page needs to step up. This is not some club handle na. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Some may overlook it but is it shame of the abuja pitch that's making them post another pitch with Esther on it?

Maybe no pressure, that's why. But they should really step up big time!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Senegal 🇸🇳 4-0 🇪🇬 Egypt
Mali 🇲🇱 7-2 🇬🇳 Guinea
Tanzania 🇹🇿 3-0🇹🇬 Togo
Kenya 🇰🇪 1-1 🇧🇼 Botswana
Tunisia 🇹🇳 5-2 🇨🇬 Congo
Angola 🇦🇴 0-6 🇿🇲 Zambia

TOMORROWS FIXTURES
Ghana 🇬🇭 vs 🇳🇦 Namibia

Looks like Algeria and Tunisia will join Morocco as the North African teams in the final competition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.