Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801341 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Deltamani:

I can’t fault Randy at all, You forgot so soon that there was Regina Otu at some point? Amanda Mbadi also??

Randy took his time and literally surprised us all by unveiling her in the final list for the World Cup ahead of Okobi, Otu, Mbadi and Uncle Rita..

U were surprised that Randy invited a player that recently committed to his school? Haba grin I'm not saying Randy did anything wrong but if it was a Nigerian in that same situation the very least we would expect is that Deborah makes the team.

Otu and Mbadi did not magically disappear during the world cup, they were there then and they are around now. If Randy had integrated the younger players earlier, it would have been a bigger win. They would have helped the team and also taken that experience to the U20 World Cup. Just look at the impact it had with Comfort Folorunsho recently.

I am not against Waldrum’s return but he should also pick some things from Magudu especially when it comes to integrating youth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
Elisha is another intelligent, up and coming midfielder that could be one to consider in the near future.
Like to see her establish herself in the CF Valencia team first - believe she has great potential.
Deltamani:

I would love to see what Valencia CFF Elisha Sulola have to offer too, She’s typically that Creative Left Footed Central Midfielder who love to travel to and fro too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mehn Ghanaians really support their women's team gosh and their FA never fails when it comes to television their games. Game against Namibia about to kick off. Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/live/8sfB_fDaZ64?si=zAeTJ35-6Gf9QLN-
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
GeneralDae:
Mehn Ghanaians really support their women's team gosh and their FA never fails when it comes to television their games. Game against Namibia about to kick off. Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/live/8sfB_fDaZ64?si=zAeTJ35-6Gf9QLN-

The problem with the falcons isn't lack of support, it's incompetence on the part of the NFF. Do you realize that Nigerians haven't watched live a falcons game played in Nigeria the last 2 years or so? We've literally had to depend on independent journalist who stream these games (and that's for those of us who are die hard followers looking everywhere for links). If you done feed fans games of your team, support will literally wane. We have a better chance watching an away game than we do a home game.

Also, the NFF doesn't market the team (this isn't peculiar to the falcons). Very few people knew the game was even taking place yesterday. Also, it's common sense to choose locations where support for your team will be easy. Abuja isn't a good location for football support. We literally had to throw the game open with free buses and plenty marketing to get the stadium filled the last super eagles world cup qualifier game with Ghana. It's on the NFF to choose locations where supporters can easily access. For now, it's either Lagos or Uyo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
lovewins:

The problem with the falcons isn't lack of support, it's incompetence on the part of the NFF. Do you realize that Nigerians haven't watched live a falcons game played in Nigeria the last 2 years or so? We've literally had to depend on independent journalist who stream these games (and that's for those of us who are die hard followers looking everywhere for links). If you done feed fans games of your team, support will literally wane. We have a better chance watching an away game than we do a home game.

Also, the NFF doesn't market the team (this isn't peculiar to the falcons). Very few people knew the game was even taking place yesterday. Also, it's common sense to choose locations where support for your team will be easy. Abuja isn't a good location for football support. We literally had to , throw the game open with free buses and plenty marketing to get the stadium filled the last super eagles world cup qualifier game with Ghana. It's on the NFF to choose locations where supporters can easily access. For now, it's either Lagos or Uyo.
I agree. When the Uyo International Airport begins operations, Uyo could become the home for the Super falcons too. Both senior national teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Onyi Echegini named to the United Soccer Coaches All-Americans Team👊

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
One silly taught came to my mind now…abeg make una no vex…I want ask say aw do dis ladies play football during deir periods considering aw most women reacts to it ,d cramps and emotion swing

Abi deres a rule dt prevents dem from playing during those period?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
🚨Ghana put in a dominant display to blow Namibia away, 3-1 in WAFCON qualifiers and move closer to securing a ticket for the finals.

Striker Doris Boaduwaa handed in a brace for the team, captain Portia Boakye scored, too as Black Queens saw off the Namibians challenge.

FT: 🇬🇭Ghana 3-1 🇳🇦Namibia

FT: Equatorial Guinea 1-1 DR Congo

[E. Obono 21' / Kaba-Kaba 72']

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Esther Onyenezide vs Cape Verde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23FB5-OX6sc

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
FT: Morocco 1-1 Uganda

Nakkach 64' / Najjemba 8' (pen)

Recently-appointed Crested Cranes coach Sheryl Botes registers draw in first match at the helm.

Tue 5 Dec (2nd leg in double-header friendly)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Netherland leading England 2 goals to 0 right now…

It seems Randy Waldrum have exposed to the World on how to beat the English side …

https://www.youtube.com/live/mKkU5CMvKfU?si=_tafLdOc-boDl5j2

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Esther Onyenezide vs Cape Verde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23FB5-OX6sc
Really promising.

Much thanks to coach Madugu for believing in these youngsters and giving them a chance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Deltamani:
Netherland leading England 2 goals to 0 right now…

It seems Randy Waldrum have exposed to the World on how to beat the English side …

https://www.youtube.com/live/mKkU5CMvKfU?si=_tafLdOc-boDl5j2

2-2 now…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sweden's 1-0 loss to Switzerland ends their hopes of qualifying for Paris in 2024.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2023
UEFA Women's Nations League

England fight back to earn dramatic victory

Group A1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 3-2 Netherlands 🇳🇱
Stanway 59. Beerensteyn 90+1
Hemp 61
Toone 90+1

Netherlands 🇳🇱 9
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 9
Belgium 🇧🇪 8
Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 2

Dec 5
Scotland v England
Netherlands v Belgium

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Spain lose to Italy. England come back from 2 down to defeat Netherlands shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2023
NAMIBIA heavy duty against Ghana Yesterday during the first leg of the 2024 WAFCON Qualifiers in Accra 😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:22am On Dec 02, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Spain lose to Italy. England come back from 2 down to defeat Netherlands shocked

I will blame the Spanish Coach for their lose to the determined Italian team..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2023
Coach Mercy Akide with her Steel United Virginia U17 team

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Deltamani:
NAMIBIA heavy duty against Ghana Yesterday during the first leg of the 2024 WAFCON Qualifiers in Accra
A wonderful ASSet to the national team. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2023
mostob:
A wonderful ASSet to the national team. grin grin
No matter how good she is, she definitely would not be as fast as expected in my opinion. Maybe she does something extra for the team but I'm surprised.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
GeneralDae:

No matter how good she is, she definitely would not be as fast as expected in my opinion. Maybe she does something extra for the team but I'm surprised.
You're right. That was what I thought yesterday when I briefly tuned in to the match. But then we have guys like Akinfenwa who is way bigger but still managed to play for some years.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2023
The full match on display.

Most of their ladies were thick (back there). Even Zinny Coleman (Namibia's captain) has some nice yams on her.
Back to the #5 (Lovita), she played as sweeper and actually had a decent match, relatively.

On a more serious note, look at the quality of the video production from the GFF. The NFF is just useless - what does one expect when their head of media is nothing but a NURTW motor park tout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sfB_fDaZ64
GeneralDae:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
GeneralDae:

Being big doesn't guarantee that the player is slow. All it means is that it is easier to get injured. I know some big people that are quick on their feet
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
Esther Okoronkwo vs Cape Verde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKXZClSj_Y
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Justin Madugu on Deborah Abiodun, Esther Okoronkwo and his time in charge of the team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6FMPSRpn4

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
I thought I was the only one who found it problematic that England and Scotland were grouped together in the 2024 Olympics qualifiers seeing they both have a joint campaign (as team Great Britain), till I saw this story in the Telegraph saying same.

England and the Netherlands both have same points and England's only chance is if they beat Scotland (who share same interest) with big goal margins. How is this allowed to even happen? Except Netherlands lose or draw their last game, any win (with big goal margins) that see England go through will always be seen in bad light.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
Thanks for everything, Captain.

After 18 years, Caroline Seger (38yrs) chooses to end her national team career after the ongoing collection.

And Ona mama Onome Ebi da form Wetin I nor know oooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2023
lovewins:
I thought I was the only one who found it problematic that England and Scotland were grouped together in the 2024 Olympics qualifiers seeing they both have a joint campaign (as team Great Britain), till I saw this story in the Telegraph saying same.

England and the Netherlands both have same points and England's only chance is if they beat Scotland (who share same interest) with big goal margins. How is this allowed to even happen? Except Netherlands lose or draw their last game, any win (with big goal margins) that see England go through will always be seen in bad light.

I think the Scottish side might keep their rivalry aside for the sake of Olympic Games but again I don want England to go through for Sarina and few of the players i love to watch play sake…

But again the Dutch side have an upper hand if they can hammer the Belgium side which is very possible on a good day but again Belgium seems to have a kind of war log with the Dutch too…

Good Last Day fight though…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2023
Deltamani:

After 18 years, Caroline Seger (38yrs) chooses to end her national team career after the ongoing collection.

Why must everything be about putting this woman down. The coach did not select her and u are still throwing jabs, haba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
So you think every footballer should hang their national team boots once they clock 38 ? And if they don't they are bad person ?
Deltamani:

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.