Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (811302 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22
Deltamani:
Madam always applying Lipsticks na 5&6 oooo💄

That's not lipstick. That's for dry lips like a chap stick.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:16pm On Feb 22
🚨𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐒🚨
Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses getting set for their high-profile encounter tomorrow against Super Falcons in the 2024 Olympics qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:22pm On Feb 22
Fun Fact…; Tochukwu Oluehi is the only Player in the SuperFalcons that have been to the Olympic Games… #2008

Veterans like Osinachi Ohale who have been in the team for about 15yrs now, and the likes of Halimatu Ayinde, Asisat Oshoala who have been in the team since 2013 and 2014 respectively still haven’t 😜

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:28pm On Feb 22
Deltamani:
Fun Fact…; Tochukwu Oluehi is the only Player in the SuperFalcons that have been to the Olympic Games… #2008

Veterans like Osinachi Ohale who have been in the team for about 15yrs now, and the likes of Halimatu Ayinde, Asisat Oshoala who have been in the team since 2013 and 2014 respectively still haven’t 😜

And I believe she’ll be the only player from the 2008 tournament (across all teams) to be part of the 2024 tourney, if we qualify
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:40pm On Feb 22
SuperFalcons last training ahead of the clash with the Indomitable Lionesses of Cameroon tomorrow. Paris 2024! Here we come!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:42pm On Feb 22
Esther Onyenezide finally announced by Madrid CFF. Contractually tied to the Spanish club for the next 3 seasons

https://madridcff.com/oficial-onyenezide-ya-es-del-madrid-cff-2/

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:55pm On Feb 22
PDPGuy:

And I believe she’ll be the only player from the 2008 tournament (across all teams) to be part of the 2024 tourney, if we qualify

Maybe but again the likes of Brazil trios of 35yrs goalkeeper Bárbara Barbosa, Cristiane 38yrs, Marta 38yrs who are still active with the Brazilian National Team.. if any of them don’t go then she will…

If not the rest of the National teams 2008 Olympic set don retire from football and the rest remaining don retire from National team football..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:09pm On Feb 22
Paris FC Coach Sandrine Soubeyrand of France challenges Glory Iroka (34yrs) of Nigeria during the FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 Group A match between between Nigeria and France…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:14pm On Feb 22
Deltamani:
Paris FC Coach Sandrine Soubeyrand of France challenges Glory Iroka (34yrs) of Nigeria during the FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 Group A match between between Nigeria and France…

Esther Onyenezide height and Physique made me remember current Rivers Angels and former SuperFalcons Attacking Midfielder Glory Iroka who’s very small in size too but very good…

Should I just tag Esther as the New Glory Iroka, cause I used to wonder then how she able to play for the U20 and Senior team with her small size… She even be like who tall pass Esther sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22
Deltamani:

Is Glory a coach today? I ask because it's hard to see us do it that way. I know few go that route but still they should be encouraged to do so. See Felix and Jeter now coaching university athletes. We took 4th in London but none of the quartet are anywhere coaching next set of Nigerian athletes either. All na piunnnnn. This country sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:29pm On Feb 22
daveP:

Is Glory a coach today? I ask because it's hard to see us do it that way. I know few go that route but still they should be encouraged to do so. See Felix and Jeter now coaching university athletes. We took 4th in London but none of the quartet are anywhere coaching next set of Nigerian athletes either. All na piunnnnn. This country sef.

She’s just 34, still playing..

I saw her still training with Rivers Angels even in this past midweek game but she hasn’t played any yet..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:37pm On Feb 22
daveP:

Just because Glory Iroka played against Paris FC Coach then doesn’t mean both were of the same level then.. Glory was just coming from 2010 U20 World Cup and 2010 WAFCON in South Africa then while Sandrine Soubeyrand was the most Capped France Players and their Captain then who was already on the verge of retirement too…

Look at France Squad now only Defender Wendie Renard, Eugenie LeSommer who played at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup are still in the French team.. As for Nigeria only Tochukwu Oluehi and Osinachi Ohale is currently part of the team..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22
Deltamani:

Just because Glory Iroka played against Paris FC Coach then doesn’t mean both were of the same level then.. Glory was just coming from 2010 U20 World Cup and 2010 WAFCON in South Africa then while Sandrine Soubeyrand was the most Capped France Players and their Captain then who was already on the verge of retirement too…

Look at France Squad now only Defender Wendie Renard, Eugenie LeSommer who played at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup are still in the French team.. As for Nigeria only Tochukwu Oluehi and Osinachi Ohale is currently part of the team..
Sure i get you. The main angle is transitioning to management thus that example. Not necessarily her per se. That wendie suppose be Vampire.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:16am On Feb 23
daveP:
Sure i get you. The main angle is transitioning to management thus that example. Not necessarily her per se. That wendie suppose be Vampire.

Lol 😂 Wendie Renard was very young at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup.. She’s just 33+

I remember she was just an alternative Right Back for their Starting Right Back (Laure Lepailleur) then.. Played only 1 game at the World Cup then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:44am On Feb 23
Deltamani:

Maybe but again the likes of Brazil trios of 35yrs goalkeeper Bárbara Barbosa, Cristiane 38yrs, Marta 38yrs who are still active with the Brazilian National Team.. if any of them don’t go then she will…

If not the rest of the National teams 2008 Olympic set don retire from football and the rest remaining don retire from National team football..

Oh I totally forgot about the Brazilians 😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:02am On Feb 23
See Ghana 🇬🇭 training video, if an external body don’t do our own and post it will never be of this quality…

Nigeria Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRZ_N6wznk?si=jJlGA65SLnqCIViJ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:11am On Feb 23
After Bringing in Freda Ayisi, Ghana Coach said she’s also expecting 4-5 Foreign Born Ghanaian Players to join the team as their Paperwork is already on ground…

Omor everybody don da hunt for Foreign Born now oo

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:13am On Feb 23
🙌🏾Match day in Accra 🙌🏾

📍 🇬🇭 v 🇿🇲

🗒️: Friday February 23

🏟️: Accra Sports Stadium

⏱️: 5:00pm

🔛BlackQueens ✨🇬🇭

The truth is I really want Ghana to win cause the Mouth Making of Zambia is just too much.. Anyhow Anyhow, Ghana shouldn’t fall my hand and the whole of West Africa..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:05am On Feb 23
Deltamani:
🙌🏾Match day in Accra 🙌🏾

📍 🇬🇭 v 🇿🇲

🗒️: Friday February 23

🏟️: Accra Sports Stadium

⏱️: 5:00pm

🔛BlackQueens ✨🇬🇭

The truth is I really want Ghana to win cause the Mouth Making of Zambia is just too much.. Anyhow Anyhow, Ghana shouldn’t fall my hand and the whole of West Africa..
Both sides dey make mouth wella so I don't even care.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:12am On Feb 23
GeneralDae:

Both sides dey make mouth wella so I don't even care.

Even at that, I would rather pick Ghana our West African neighbors instead of those Zambia or South Africa Loud Mouth..

Barbara Banda, Racheal Kundananji are the major dimension of Zambia’s game. They’re very very quick that you can’t just have a high line, with Banda and RK. Play normal defense line, a double pivot in midfield (Jennifer Cudjoe and Grace Asantewa) with Freda Ayisi in front of them and cut out their long balls to them and also make sure the flank is tightly marked just as Nigeria did to England. It’s Finnish..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:35am On Feb 23
🚨𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐒🚨
Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses are gearing up to go today against arch-rivals Super Falcons..

The team had their final practice-session at La Réunification Stadium yesterday evening, with the invited 23 players all on ground.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:56am On Feb 23
This #10 Yango na another very combative Midfielder ooo… She go meet her match today.! Let me see what she can do against Ayinde, Ucheibe or Abeodun in midfield today.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:59am On Feb 23
30,000 Capacity… Stade de la Reunificación Stadium in Douala, Cameroon is set for today game..

Reports in is that the Grass is very very Okay…!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:22am On Feb 23
Deltamani:

Lol 😂 Wendie Renard was very young at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup.. She’s just 33+

I remember she was just an alternative Right Back for their Starting Right Back (Laure Lepailleur) then.. Played only 1 game at the World Cup then.
In other words, na Tosin Demehin be our own Wendie. Same timeline.

If only we killed that England game. Media for still dey remember us as Weigman slayers.
Anything less than winning this wafcon na error. Male enter final, they sef enter final and go a step further.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:26am On Feb 23
Deltamani:
See Ghana 🇬🇭 training video, if an external body don’t do our own and post it will never be of this quality…

Nigeria Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRZ_N6wznk?si=jJlGA65SLnqCIViJ

Tobex should just expand that to a team of 3. They need an actual camera , a editor and a better handler. We should not be managing. In the future, imagine potential coaches getting better clips and pictures from caf and fifa about us than directly from the official page due to poor quality. They should step up. Maybe they need more embarrassing noise to step us as appeal no dey work again
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 10:37am On Feb 23
Where can i watch the match?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:58am On Feb 23
CoolJulian:

I disagree. JOE is just better by miles at the moment. I hope Esther grows very fast cos she possesses massive talent.

JOE is a great talent but she isn't miles better than Esther. I don't call her Onyene-Zidane for no reason this is a special player we are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:15am On Feb 23
daveP:
Not every player will transition into management. Management has a lot to do with passion.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:17am On Feb 23
Deltamani:
After Bringing in Freda Ayisi, Ghana Coach said she’s also expecting 4-5 Foreign Born Ghanaian Players to join the team as their Paperwork is already on ground…

Omor everybody don da hunt for Foreign Born now oo
No be by packing FBs full team, Dem Sabi play jambody football? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:34am On Feb 23
Deltamani:
🚨𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐒🚨
Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses are gearing up to go today against arch-rivals Super Falcons..

The team had their final practice-session at La Réunification Stadium yesterday evening, with the invited 23 players all on ground.
But Cameroon is no arch rival to the falcons judging by records alone. It is even debatable to say South Africa is a rival or maybe I'm missing something.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:41am On Feb 23
GeneralDae:

But Cameroon is no arch rival to the falcons judging by records alone. It is even debatable to say South Africa is a rival or maybe I'm missing something.

Well, we have 3 main rivals (Cameroon, South Africa and Ghana) and it's difficult to separate the three.

A rival simply means someone that you often compete against for the same object. In this case, someone that you often play high profile or major matches against.

We played against Cameroon in the final stage of World Cup qualifying in 1991 and in the finals of the 2004, 2014 and 2016 Nations Cup. We have also met them in major quarter and semi finals (remember 2018).

If you check, virtually all AFCON finals and many final stages of World Cup and Olympic Games qualifiers have been between Nigeria and either Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa or Equatorial Guinea.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:48am On Feb 23
mostob:
No be by packing FBs full team, Dem Sabi play jambody football? grin grin grin

Na there the Problem dah so, especially when you come to Africa Football, No breathing space. Na jam body everywhere.. Thank Goodness the Foreign Born we have almost all of them are athletic and Physically Strong..!

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.