Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802813 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:55am On Feb 21
🚨Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses putting things in shape ahead of the big one versus Nigeria in the Olympics qualifiers.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Towbaba500(m): 11:58am On Feb 21
daveP:
if you see how hearing this news sweet my belle ehn. Congrats to them both. In no time, the team will see their skillset
I hope they grow to become the next set of super falcons stars.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:01pm On Feb 21
Towbaba500:
I hope they grow to become the next set of super falcons stars.

A lot of age is still on their side… Esther (20yrs), Ajakaye (18yrs), with time they will gradually work their way in.

For Example if we have a Camp in Europe they will definitely come In especially when they’re having game time..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:09pm On Feb 21
One of the Best Goal Scorer in the World….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAkMI5vAxc?si=_dBMKe_davHBsCMD
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:25pm On Feb 21
Please guys help me out… Someone is not just Comparing Esther Onyenezide with Onyi Echegini but he’s saying Esther is better than Echegini.

I really want to know which aspect of the game that Esther is better.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:20pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:
Please guys help me out… Someone is not just Comparing Esther Onyenezide with Onyi Echegini but he’s saying Esther is better than Echegini.

I really want to know which aspect of the game that Esther is better.

Sometimes it's better to ignore arguments that lack foundation. In what world is the basis for the comparison? Right now there's none.

However, I'm glad Esther has signed a professional contract with a Spanish team just like JOE did a few weeks ago. We now have at the very least common ground for comparing both players. We'll come back to this in a few months to see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:32pm On Feb 21
In a couple of years you meant
lovewins:

Sometimes it's better to ignore arguments that lack foundation. In what world is the basis for the comparison? Right now there's none.

However, I'm glad Esther has signed a professional contract with a Spanish team just like JOE did a few weeks ago. We now have at the very least common ground for comparing both players. We'll come back to this in a few months to see.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:40pm On Feb 21
lovewins:

Maybe in dribbling yes. Esther is a better dribbler and that's all the average Nigerian fan sees.
But even Jay Jay Okocha added other things to his game such as free kicks, shots on target, passing, etc.
Echiegini for now is better but Esther needed exposure and she has it now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:55pm On Feb 21
isan:
In a couple of years you meant

No. Notice how I framed it. I said they both have a level playing field now so we can at the very least have a fair basis for comparison. They are both playing in Europe for decent teams (even though JOE's team in comparison is bigger cause Juventus has won the league the last 4 season or so).

Despite having great competitors, JOE had succeeded in becoming a starter in just a few games. Long and short there's a fair basis to compare after a few months without hearing Yoruba Yoruba
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:57pm On Feb 21
GeneralDae:

Maybe in dribbling yes. Esther is a better dribbler and that's all the average Nigerian fan sees.
But even Jay Jay Okocha added other things to his game such as free kicks, shots on target, passing, etc.

In terms of Dribbling… It’s a No No… Onyi is Skillful as well.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:00pm On Feb 21
GeneralDae:

I think JOE is also a good dribbler, the difference however is that her game has evolved. You'll notice that except you are exceptionally gifted and in the mold of players like Kelvin de brune, as a midfielder you better evolve or you'll become insignificant. If you are not a GREAT facilitator better be a goalscoring midfielder with improved offensive capabilities which is JOE's forte now. Even Aitana who is a great facilitator is becoming increasingly offensive now. Football sadly doesn't give a damn if you can dribble these days.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:03pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:

In terms of Dribbling… It’s a No No… Onyi is Skillful as well.

Exactly. Her game is just better refined now. She was trained in America and dribbling isn't in their syllabus so you don't get to see that side of her easily.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:40pm On Feb 21
lovewins:

I think JOE is also a good dribbler, the difference however is that her game has evolved. You'll notice that except you are exceptionally gifted and in the mold of players like Kelvin de brune, as a midfielder you better evolve or you'll become insignificant. If you are not a GREAT facilitator better be a goalscoring midfielder with improved offensive capabilities which is JOE's forte now. Even Aitana who is a great facilitator is becoming increasingly offensive now. Football sadly doesn't give a damn if you can dribble these days.

The end product which is the play making, Goals and Assists are way more important than the dribbles… If na Dribble Matter Esther Sunday for da play for Lyon, Barca, PSG or Real Madrid..

There’s one Colombia Player that is very skillful, I can’t remember her name now… If you watch Women football general highlights you will see her and Esther Sunday in the Clip… I was wondering why she’s not playing for top teams in Europe, she was in Turkey some time ago, the last time I checked she’s now back in Colombia…

Na she be this… Flashy Player just like Esther Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5qVu4ZBCIU?si=XLqHxSKyqJAKQWnh
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:46pm On Feb 21
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:19pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:
Rasheedat Ajibade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkY9DUlw1UU?si=bmiTwUmsJdpXW4P9

Randy should provide a partner for this stargirl so she can be raking in assists like water. Like a proper 9 finisher. She can be an Ademola Lookman to that person. Or they should find her an Ademola.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21
They don't have a level playing field yet Esther has not even spent 24hrs in spain yet
lovewins:

No. Notice how I framed it. I said they both have a level playing field now so we can at the very least have a fair basis for comparison. They are both playing in Europe for decent teams (even though JOE's team in comparison is bigger cause Juventus has won the league the last 4 season or so).

Despite having great competitors, JOE had succeeded in becoming a starter in just a few games. Long and short there's a fair basis to compare after a few months without hearing Yoruba Yoruba
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:

The good thing is that they signed for a club that’s very good at Developing Players, They will Improve.. Madrid CFF have made a lot of money from selling players to Levante, Atletico Madrid, Bay FC and other Clubs. I like how they sign young players and develop them into a World Class Players..

If not for Injuries Chidinma Okeke would have been playing for a Bigger Clubside.. But long term injury set in and after recovering she didn’t play to the level she was before, they had to ship her out..
i miss Okeke. Good one for the duo. Especially Ajakaye.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:23pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:
🚨Cameroon’s Indomitable Lionesses putting things in shape ahead of the big one versus Nigeria in the Olympics qualifiers.
Estelle nko?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:31pm On Feb 21
isan:
They don't have a level playing field yet Esther has not even spent 24hrs in spain yet

Baba na wa for you o. That's why I said give it a few months or something na. Plus you're talking like Onyi has been in Juve for one season. She's literally spent just 5 weeks in Juve. Her first game was on the 13th of January and she played just 2 minutes. So yes, they playing field is leveled.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21
JOE was in US training with world class facilities everyday since she was a kid so she was already playing in a level close to the Italian league so she slotted straight in but Esther will need time to raise her level for Liga F and few months is not going to be enough
lovewins:

Baba na wa for you o. That's why I said give it a few months or something na. Plus you're talking like Onyi has been in Juve for one season. She's literally spent just 5 weeks in Juve. Her first game was on the 13th of January and she played just 2 minutes. So yes, they playing field is leveled.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:20pm On Feb 21
isan:
JOE was in US training with world class facilities everyday since she was a kid so she was already playing in a level close to the Italian league so she slotted straight in but Esther will need time to raise her level for Liga F and few months is not going to be enough

I agree with you in principle, it's why if you followed the conversation I said it's better to ignore people who always want to compare both players (this isn't the first time this argument has come up). I however opined that should they choose to continue they have in principle a level playing field to based the comparison on.

That's the context. Just for the sake of argument however, an argument can be made that Esther is also a pro (a few years before JOE even became one). The NWPL is a professional league and Esther has been a key part of the Robo team for a few years.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:26pm On Feb 21
JOE has played in higher level honestly and she has world cup experience that's vital....
lovewins:

I agree with you in principle, it's why if you followed the conversation I said it's better to ignore people who always want to compare both players (this isn't the first time this argument has come up). I however opined that should they choose to continue they have in principle a level playing field to based the comparison on.

That's the context. Just for the sake of argument however, an argument can be made that Esther is also a pro (a few years before JOE even became one). The NWPL is a professional league and Esther has been a key part of the Robo team for a few years.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:02pm On Feb 21
daveP:
Estelle nko?

She’s Pregnant na…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:34pm On Feb 21
isan:
JOE has played in higher level honestly and she has world cup experience that's vital....

Hmm… Joe from Academy to College down to World Cup and Pro..

Esther have U17 and U20 National team, NWPL down to Pro and SuperFalcon invitee for a while now..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:40pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:

Hmm… Joe from Academy to College down to World Cup and Pro..

Esther have U17 and U20 National team, NWPL down to Pro and SuperFalcon invitee for a while now..

No mind am.

Esther has more professional experience than JOE. It's just facts.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:44pm On Feb 21
You hit the nail on the head!
Nobody, especially clubs and National teams, don't give a hoot about how much you dribble. Its how many goals you score.
Echegini gives a team both the ability to score or provides the assists. Esther doesn't do either. Case closed.
lovewins:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:45pm On Feb 21
There is a reason the Colombian and Esther played the significant part of their careers in lesser leagues...
They were both entertainers with zero end product.
Nobody cares about that anymore.
Deltamani:

The end product which is the play making, Goals and Assists are way more important than the dribbles… If na Dribble Matter Esther Sunday for da play for Lyon, Barca, PSG or Real Madrid..

There’s one Colombia Player that is very skillful, I can’t remember her name now… If you watch Women football general highlights you will see her and Esther Sunday in the Clip… I was wondering why she’s not playing for top teams in Europe, she was in Turkey some time ago, the last time I checked she’s now back in Colombia…

Na she be this… Flashy Player just like Esther Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5qVu4ZBCIU?si=XLqHxSKyqJAKQWnh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:58pm On Feb 21
AkinDS:
You hit the nail on the head!
Nobody, especially clubs and National teams, don't give a hoot about how much you dribble. Its how many goals you score.
Echegini gives a team both the ability to score or provides the assists. Esther doesn't do either. Case closed.

I however think there's room for Esther to add to her game. If there's anything she can improve on in the short term is being a great facilitator by providing assists. I sincerely think she potentially has that and can improve on it.

In the long term she can work in her long range shots. She could also work on being great at set pieces.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:00pm On Feb 21
AkinDS:
There is a reason the Colombian and Esther played the significant part of their careers in lesser leagues...
They were both entertainers with zero end product.
Nobody cares about that anymore.

Look at Lionel Messi, Marta of Brazil, Megan Rapinoe for Example this players have go the pace, Skills and they do they needful which is the goals and assists.

If Marta was only Showing off skills without Scoring goals and giving the assists do they think she would have won 6 World Best??..

Who skills help?? If you have those Flashy moves make sure you add those assists and goals if not they would be for only entertainment purposes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:05pm On Feb 21
lovewins:

I however think there's room for Esther to add to her game. If there's anything she can improve on in the short term is being a great facilitator by providing assists. I sincerely think she potentially has that and can improve on it.

In the long term she can work in her long range shots. She could also work on being great at set pieces.

Echegini that’s the best Ball Passer in the SuperFalcon team, good in Aerial Balls, Can shoot from Distances, Prolific in front of goal and can also create for her teammates na person da Compare with Esther Onyenezide.. Esther is good but again Echegini is at level 6 while Esther is just landing at level 4..

Did they watch the Revelation Tournament in Mexico, Friendly games in Turkey prior to the World Cup at all where she played good minutes.. With more minutes she will do better… One thing she has improved in her game of recent is her Physicality! Omor she’s like Semi Christy Ucheibe/ Halimatu Ayinde right now in terms of Strength.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:09pm On Feb 21
But wait ooo… Juventus and Madrid CFF ain’t in the same level though, going by trophies and Champions League Football. Even with the quality of players!

8 Italy National Team Players
2 France National Team Players
1 Netherland National Team Player
1 Switzerland National Team Player
1 Canada National Team Player
1 Former Iceland National Team Captain (Sara Björk Gunnarsdóttir) and few others who are National Team players too but not 100% regular..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21
Deltamani:

She’s Pregnant na…
Oh boi. Congrats to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.