Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,719 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

How To become an atheist on NairaLand - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To become an atheist on NairaLand (1624 Views)

Do You Agree With Atheist On This? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / 13 Interesting Ways To Become An Atheist On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How To become an atheist on NairaLand by felixomor: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2016
Pidggin:

No one is forcing you to make a choice, just stop posting in religion section and no one will know you exist

Go and collect your 72 virgins in the muslim section and leave Christians to our beliefs

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: How To become an atheist on NairaLand by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
Re: How To become an atheist on NairaLand by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

72 virgins ko? 72 dangote trailers of oloshos ni undecided

as for the christian heaven, you gain eternal peace, joy, satisfaction, and most of all life eternal which God promised his people. Romans 6:23

oh, that the earth will taste the Lord and see how good He is. cool

Jesus loves you boy. Don't be deceived by allahs offer. He's evil, and therefore will tell his followers to do evil...

Shalom...
It's quite appalling that you're well' and truly comfortable with a religion that promises you Joy, satisfaction, peace and eternal life based on a mortal life of belief in Christ (since good deeds are IRRELEVANT as regards salvation), fully aware that while you enjoy this eternal bliss, the vast MAJORITY of humans (which may include your loved ones - friends, and even family members) will be subject to perdition, burning in hell for all eternity, solely because of lack of faith in Christ's divinity (as, to retariate, good deeds are MEANINGLESS, as per salvation), regardless of the fact that some rational people found it difficult to believe in virgin birth, talk more of a Jewish Man-God.

Such EVIL beliefs......

Shalom, indeed.

The great atheist Nietzche highlighted what you people were like long ago. In one of his most stunning works On the Genealogy of Morality, he said:

"There's no doubt that these weak people-at some time or another they also want to be the strong people, some day their "kingdom" is to arrive-they call it "the Kingdom of God." People are indeed so humble about everything! Only to experience that, one has to live a long time, beyond death - infact, people must have have an eternal life, so they can also win eternal recompence in the "Kingdom of God" for that earthly life "in faith, in love, in hope." Recompense from what? Recompense through what?.... In my view, Dante was grossly in error when, with an ingenuity inspiring terror, he set that inscription over the gateway into his hell: "Eternal love also created me." Over the gateway of the Christian paradise and its "eternal blessedness" it would, in any event, be more fitting to let the inscription stand "Eternal hate also created me" - provided it's all right to set a truth over the gateway to a lie! For what is the bliss of that paradise? ... Perhaps we might have guessed that already, but it is better for it to be expressly described for us to by an authority we cannot underestimate in such matters, Thomas Aquinas, the great teacher and saint: "In the kingdom of heaven" he says as gently as a lamb, "the blessed will see the punishment of the damned, so that they will derive all the more pleasure from their heavenly bliss." Or do you want to hear the message in a stronger tone, something from the mouth of a triumphant father of the church, who warns his Christians against the cruel sensuality of the public spectacles. But why? "Faith, in fact, offers much more to us," he says (in de Spectaculis, c. 29 ff), "something much stronger. Thanks to the redemption, very different joys are ours to command; in place of the athletes, we have our martyrs. If we want blood, well, we have the blood of Christ... But what awaits us on the day of his coming again, his triumph!" - and now he takes off, the rapturous visionary: "[b]However there are other spectacles - that last eternal day of judgement, ignored by nations, derided by them, when the accumulation of the years and all the many things which they produced will be burned in a single fire. What a broad spectacle then appears! How I will laugh! How I will rejoice! I will be full of exaltation then as I see so many great kings who by public report were accepted into heaven groaning in the deepest darkness with jove himself and alongside those very men who testified on their behalf! They will include governors of provinces who persecuted the name of our Lord burning in flames more fierce than those with which they proudly raged against the Christians! And those wise philosophers who earlier convinced their disciples that God was irrelevant and who claimed either there is no such thing as a soul or that our souls would not return to their original bodies will be ashamed as they burn in conflagration with those very disciples! And the poets will be there, shaking with fear, not in front of the tribunal of Rhadamanthus or Minos, but of the Christ they did not anticipate! Then it will be easier to hear the tragic actors, because their voices will be more resonant in their own calamity. The actors will then be easier to recognize, for the fire will make them much agile. Then the charioteer will be on show, all red in a wheel of fire, and the athletes will be visible, thrown, not in the gymnasium, but in the fire, unless I have no wish to look at their bodies then, so that I can more readily cast an insatiable gaze on those who raged against our Lord[/b]............

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Moses Had Google Maps It Would Have Taken Only 6 Days To Travel To Jerusalem / JESUS says "Her Sins Are Forgiven Because She Loved Much" / Is There A Man Of God In Nigeria? Why are they afraid of Covid 19?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.