Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,672 members, 7,854,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today (23066 Views)

My Funny Job Interview Experience / My Funny Interview Experience / My Funny Yet Sad Experience As A Job Seeker Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by Omotayor123(f): 8:20am On Oct 12, 2016
abiodunbright:

Lara whatsapp me 08078562663
Mistaken identity
Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by hahn(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2016
XaintJoel20:

I didn't think this all along.
You get brain.
Thanks

One more thing. Buy and read Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich dad, poor dad".

It will teach you a very valuable principle, "work to learn and not to earn"

smiley

1 Like

Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Sometimes I wonder what our so called fresh graduates in nigeria think. They all graduate with unreasonable high hopes. Forgetting that the same set of people they are looking up to never made it overnight. Rome was never built in a day. Go to Italy and ask. It's funny that these set of graduates includes both the hardworking and lazy ones. They offered you a job of 10k per month and so what? I worked for free for a year before an offer came in. Business owners or firms are not fools, they also need to break evenDevote your time to your passion either paid or not and you will see yourself rising!!!
TuCloz:
So we are presently warming up for our POP (we are actually NYSC 2015 Batch 'B' Stream II) and so, eyes are all set on the States we are going to spend the remainder of this year. A friend of mine told me she got an info from a whatsapp group that there is a vacancy for Corpers serving in Osogbo- that successful candidates might end up being transfered to their headquarters in Lagos next month. Well we called the number that was given out. The man on the other end of the phone instructed us to report at 08:00Am today, with our lap top or android device for the screening. Ah, this could be a bank job coming; a perfect chance to remain in the beautiful city of Osogbo after my NYSC. BTW Lagos is where I call home. Chai, God is about turning the disappointment of not passing out with Stream I to blessing! There was nothing positive I didn't think about. Today, I was there one hour before the time set. Fast foward, screening has started. The 1st thing was that, they are the foremost multi-level marketers in Nigeria, blah blah blah (I no no where dey put GNLD, Forever, etc). Next was the shocker: they had a job for us, that has a target of registering 2,000 people's data per week. That we will use our system or android device, and that the working hours is 9am-5pm, mon-fri. I almost fainted when he said the salary was TEN THOUSAND NAIRA monthly! For graduates! Chai! Naija yaff tumble!
Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by Azeeztaophic(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2016
NYSC now your struggle continue.
Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ace2013:
Sometimes I wonder what our so called fresh graduates in nigeria think. They all graduate with unreasonable high hopes. Forgetting that the same set of people they are looking up to never made it overnight. Rome was never built in a day. Go to Italy and ask. It's funny that these set of graduates includes both the hardworking and lazy ones. They offered you a job of 10k per month and so what? I worked for free for a year before an offer came in. Business owners or firms are not fools, they also need to break evenDevote your time to your passion either paid or not and you will see yourself rising!!!
So is there now something wrong with having high hopes Is working in the bank synonymous to "making it" I should collect 10k when I am sure I can get something better When you were busy working for free, did you steal the food you were eating and every other thing you needed Mind you, that 10k can't even take care of my house rent, nepa bill, sanitation fee for a mnth, not to talk of feeding, transportation, etc. So just be realistic lipsrsealed
Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
hahn:

I know this might sound silly but I am saying this out of experience.

I would advice you take the job. It is better than doing nothing and also, marketing will expose you to a lot of people and take you places.

While you are compiling the data, make sure you have your own copy.

2,000 people weekly is 8,000 people monthly.

Imagine doing that for 3 months, you have 24,000 contacts.

You can sell this info to people and make money and you can also search for a product of your own and advertise to them.

Just my 2 cents but you can choose to discard it though if it doesn't make sense.

I just think it is better than sitting idle.

And who knows, you might get that dream job you are searching for while marketing.

Good luck all the same smiley
There is no headway my brother. Only tp will take up to 9k!
Re: My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today by hahn(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
TuCloz:
There is no headway my brother. Only tp will take up to 9k!

What about the experience you will get?

What do you think is it's value?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? / MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment (4 Positions) / How To Land A Great Job As A Graduate (after NYSC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.