Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad (71937 Views)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Adventure In Ireland / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:

Seeking for support and quoting me out of context in the process.

I maintain there is crime and insecurity everywhere, however the degree and police response time makes the difference, plus the fact that in the western world, people are more conscious of their environment and are ever willing to help law enforcement to crack down on criminals.

I cannot say the same about Nigeria and i never did.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it?

Lol. There is no need to seek surpport. I quoted you to make sure you don't leave till your mentality changes. It will be like that till i see some semblance of change in the way you think. How anyone can defend your thought process is beyond me. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Some people would. That is if you are s.tupid enough to go live in another country as an illegal immigrant. I am well respected in my chosen profession and i have white, black, green, blue, people i manage and supervise. No one phucks with me because i mind my own business and obey the law. This is something most Nigerians will never understand.
brah this is not about being illegal and this is not about you. its about your people. you are not seperate from your people. if your people are regarded as inferior then subliminally all your white co-workers look at you like a nigger. FACTS. just cuz they smile in your face dont mean nothing.
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:

So your point in summary is.......?

For the records, extra judicial killing is anathema ditto jungle justice. Police abdicating their responsibility is on its own criminal. All Nigerians in Nigeria are used to the rubbish in Nigeria right? Let assume for some minutes that they are not, what would they do?

They vote consciously and their votes are rigged, would you suggest a violent change by revolution? Is it people who have absconded to another man's country that will change the status quo?

Assume i hate all the negative things happening in this country (as i really do) so what are the options? proffer solutions not just castigate those staying here and others willing to join to find ways of creating a new Nigeria.

Again, what is your point.....?

Did you just say they vote consciously? Nigerians vote based on their stomach and greed. How else do you justify someone voting out of ignorance and collecting rice and salt before doing it. Brother, you have no clue about the country you live in and the reason this is, is because you have been immersed too long in they depravity in it. Are you sure you've ever lived in Nigeria? In half a century, you have not had one decent leader. Do you realize that mathmatically it is impossible? Based on probability, you should have had at least one president that was good. Do you know why you've had bad leaders so far? Because the people have the same mindset you have. You can't have good leaders in a nation of bad citizens because you pick leaders from the citizenry. Obviously, based on our discussion so far, Nigeria needs a total re orientation of the way they think. God help you all. I have already said on this forum many times that the best way to cure Nigeria of the status quo is to do what Jerry Rawlings did for Ghana. Ghana is better of for it today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
brah this is not about being illegal and this is not about you. its about your people. you are not seperate from your people. if your people are regarded as inferior then subliminally all your white co-workers look at you like a nigger. FACTS. just cuz they smile in your face dont mean nothing.

And that's where you are wrong. Nobody asks me where i'm from because they don't care. Do you know what they care about? That i am productive. That i pay my taxes. That i do not have a criminal record. Bros, you have to live it to understand it. And i think this is rich coming from someone who lives in a country where it's own people are unbelievably racist/tribalistic against one another. To the point where they use their prejudice to keep their country in the stone age. Black on black. White on blacks i can understand, but black on blacks? Come on. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

And that's where you are wrong. Nobody asks me where i'm from because they don't care. Do you know what they care about? That i am productive. That i pay my taxes. That i do not have a criminal record. Bros, you have to live it to understand it. And i think this is rich coming from someone who lives in a country where it's own people are unbelievably racist/tribalistic against one another. To the point where they use their prejudice to keep their country in the stone age. Black on black. White on blacks i can understand, but black on blacks? Come on. Lol.
come on brah, surely you are not blind to all the killings of black men by the police in america ? you cant be oblivious to how whites feel about blacks are you ? you do know the blacks were only desegregated less than 40 years ago right ? less than 40 years ago your black ass would be seating at the back of a bus or not allowed to go into restaurants. surely you are not oblivious to all this are you ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Did you just say they vote consciously? Nigerians vote based on their stomach and greed. How else do you justify someone voting out of ignorance and collecting rice and salt before doing it. Brother, you have no clue about the country you live in and the reason this is, is because you have been immersed too long in they depravity in it. Are you sure you've ever lived in Nigeria? In half a century, you have not had one decent leader. Do you realize that mathmatically it is impossible? Based on probability, you should have had at least one president that was good. Do you know why you've had bad leaders so far? Because the people have the same mindset you have. You can't have good leaders in a nation of bad citizens because you pick leaders from the citizenry. Obviously, based on our discussion so far, Nigeria needs a total re orientation of the way they think. God help you all. I have already said on this forum many times that the best way to cure Nigeria of the status quo is to do what Jerry Rawlings did for Ghana. Ghana is better of for it today.

You should have said this since, rather than dancing around your beliefs.

You listen to CNN a lot and nothing from Nigeria. I can understand that. Today you are brain washed to think 'like them'.

I guess the reason is simple, when your likes never thought it possible to apply and get a visa and then travel to the 'white man's world', it does appear to you as the greatest achievement ever. Then again i guess it is for you, having the reached the highest pinnacle of your hearts desire.

Listen around, read a bit, and you will understand that a few things are changing in Nigeria. Nigerians don't all vote for bread and butter, some still do not sell their conscience, but how do i expect you to understand, forming oyinbo.

To get it right, we should kill all the leaders, then travel en masse and leave Nigeria and forbid others who may wish to return to never do so

I see how brilliant you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:

You listen to CNN a lot and nothing from Nigeria. I can understand that. Today you are brain washed to think 'like them'.

I guess the reason is simple, when your likes never thought it possible to apply and get a visa and then travel to the 'white man's world', it does appear to you as the greatest achievement ever. Then again i guess it is for you, having the reached the highest pinnacle of your hearts desire.

Listen around, read a bit, and you will understand that a few things are changing in Nigeria. Nigerians don't all vote for bread and butter, some still do not sell their conscience, but how do i expect you to understand, forming oyinbo.

To get it right, we should kill all the leaders, then travel en masse and leave Nigeria and forbid others who may wish to return to never do so

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by claremont(m): 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
euromilion:
Ireland is the most loving and accepting people in Europe,blacks are well treated here than any European country or may I say any white country in the world,Cavan is a small place but I can authoritatively say there are many blacks in every county of Ireland including Cavan,so I smell lies,I've been living here since late 90's even before the Nigerians flooded the place,don't get me wrong,you could find some ignorant ones but very few.

You may be right, but Ireland is one of the most economically deprived countries in western Europe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:

If this how you want to interprete this, then more grease to your elbows. You don't seem to understand your situation and as such are doomed to continue the rot you are used to. It has been proven that doing and thinking the same way and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity. Nowhere have i said to migrate en mass out of Nigeria is your solution. The solution as i have pointed out is to change the way you think, is the way to your eldorado. To think there is an iota of change in your country is laughable to say the least. Brother it is getting worse by the day. How you can't see this is amazing. Again, you are making the mistake of thinking it is all about you. I have already schooled you on this way of thinking. It is not that because you don't do it but the fact that you've had bad leaders in power who use this as a tool to get in power. Which means that a majority of you do it, hence the reason they are there. I can't believe i have to explain this to you. And yes, a total cleansing of your leadership is the solution to problems as it is. The other option is war and i would not wish it on you. Why? Think about it. Nigerian act like animals in peace time, what do you think they would do when at war? You guys would make what happened in Burundi look like a kindergaten birthday party. Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
come on brah, surely you are not blind to all the killings of black men by the police in america ? you cant be oblivious to how whites feel about blacks are you ? you do know the blacks were only desegregated less than 40 years ago right ? less than 40 years ago your black ass would be seating at the back of a bus or not allowed to go into restaurants. surely you are not oblivious to all this are you ?

If you follow my comments so far, you would see that i have said it is not a perfect society. I will take that imperfect society over the rot in Nigeria. That being said, i can only speak for myself. It's been almost two decades and not once have i personally experienced racism. When a cop stops me, guess what happens? "hello sir, can i see your drivers license and registration"? I smile and calmly hand it over to him. He looks at it and hands it back to me saying "thank you sir, have a nice day". Every time. You know why? Because i respect myself and never argue with a man who has a gun and is authorised to do so. I don't sag my pants, hang around hoodlums or wanna try to be a gangster. Now lets fast forward to a society where the police will stop you and demand you give him 20 naira or else you are not leaving. Where two people get into an accident and the solution is to get into a fist fight. Where people prefer to dump refuse in front of their houses. Where you call the cops and no one will show up. Where they run a quota system based on the region you are from. Where the citizens hold more allegiance to the tribe they are from rather than the country they belong to. Guy, you realise you don't know the country you live in but are an expert on another person's country. Do you know how phucking hilarious that is? Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

If you follow my comments so far, you would see that i have said it is not a perfect society. I will take that imperfect society over the rot in Nigeria. That being said, i can only speak for myself. It's been almost two decades and not once have i personally experienced racism. When a cop stops me, guess what happens? "hello sir, can i see your drivers license and registration"? I smile and calmly hand it over to him. He looks at it and hands it back to me saying "thank you sir, have a nice day". Every time. You know why? Because i respect myself and never argue with a man who has a gun and is authorised to do so. I don't sag my pants, hang around hoodlums or wanna try to be a gangster. Now lets fast forward to a society where the police will stop you and demand you give him 20 naira or else you are not leaving. Where two people get into an accident and the solution is to get into a fist fight. Where people prefer to dump refuse in front of their houses. Where you call the cops and no one will show up. Where they run a quota system based on the region you are from. Where the citizens hold more allegiance to the tribe they are from rather than the country they belong to. Guy, you realise you don't know the country you live in but are an expert on another person's country. Do you know how phucking hilarious that is? Smh
[b]brother ? you are speaking to a man that has lived in america and england and i will say one thing, and you can take it how you want to take it, if i am extremely rich ? i would rather live in nigeria because i can carve out my own little heaven in nigeria. now if i am struggling or just managing ? then i may decide to live abroad. is it bad that you need to have money to be in heaven in naija ? yeah somewhat but the same can be said for america. me personally i lived in chicago and in chicago if you dont have money you will be in drug and gun infested neighborhoods but you need real good money to move to the rich suburbs like evanston and skokie etc. point being i rather be rich in nigeria than rich in america. shyttt imagine living in a place like lekki ? all the houses there are serviced meaning you get light and water 24 7 and all the apartments have tennis courts and swimming pools, and they have malls and huge supermarkets and lots of restaurants, even hard rock cafe and macdonalds and kfc, and you can order anything online from konga and jumia and they will deliver to your house and those stores have everything that is sold in america and britain. so you see ? naija will always be better than america or england but the only problem is you need some money to enjoy naija. and you dont get to deal with racism too. so naija wins all the time.[/b]
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
[b]brother ? you are speaking to a man that has lived in america and england and i will say one thing, and you can take it how you want to take it, if i am extremely rich ? i would rather live in nigeria because i can carve out my own little heaven in nigeria. now if i am struggling or just managing ? then i may decide to live abroad. is it bad that you need to have money to be in heaven in naija ? yeah somewhat but the same can be said for america. me personally i lived in chicago and in chicago if you dont have money you will be in drug and gun infested neighborhoods but you need real good money to move to the rich suburbs like evanston and skokie etc. point being i rather be rich in nigeria than rich in america. shyttt imagine living in a place like lekki ? all the houses there are serviced meaning you get light and water 24 7 and all the apartments have tennis courts and swimming pools, and they have malls and huge supermarkets and lots of restaurants, even hard rock cafe and macdonalds and kfc, and you can order anything online from konga and jumia and they will deliver to your house and those stores have everything that is sold in america and britain. so you see ? naija will always be better than america or england but the only problem is you need some money to enjoy naija. and you dont get to deal with racism too. so naija wins all the time.[/b]

Unbelievable. Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Unbelievable. Smh.
it is what it is lol. there is a reason why dangote and otedola both live in naija and have no houses abroad. naija is sweeettttttttttttttttttttttttttt grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
it is what it is lol. there is a reason why dangote and otedola both live in naija and have no houses abroad. naija is sweeettttttttttttttttttttttttttt grin grin grin

I am shaking my head because you actually think the discussion is about personal wealth. See why i say Nigerians don't understand the trouble they are in? It mind boggling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

I am shaking my head because you actually think the discussion is about personal wealth. See why i say Nigerians don't understand the trouble they are in? It mind boggling.
brother ? wherever you live in the world, its about wealth. in america where you live ? no money no health insurance = death. no money = drug infested neighborhoods with people killing each other. yes its about money, even more so in your america than nigeria
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
brother ? wherever you live in the world, its about wealth. in america where you live ? no money no health insurance = death. no money = drug infested neighborhoods with people killing each other. yes its about money, even more so in your america than nigeria

And that's where you are wrong. God help me. And you say you've lived in chicago/America? grin. You might wanna be careful. You are starting to expose yourself. wink Insurance is not based on how wealthy you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

And that's where you are wrong. God help me. And you say you've lived in chicago/America? grin. You might wanna be careful. You are starting to expose yourself. wink Insurance is not based on how wealthy you are.
brother, this is the same america you live. hungry people queing in salvation army for food. and yes you need more to buy health insurance if your job is not providing it

[img]https://treesonsanpedrostproject.files./2012/08/009.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_0DeGQpWVaLE/TEdREzq103I/AAAAAAAAAKw/oai-d8i2oI8/s1600/skid+row.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

[img]http://www.trbimg.com/img-54f6ada1/turbine/la-2421707-me-0303-skid-row-shooting-protest-1-al-20150303/580/580x355?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
brother, this is the same america you live. hungry people queing in salvation army for food. and yes you need more to buy health insurance if your job is not providing it

[img]https://treesonsanpedrostproject.files./2012/08/009.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]

I am not even going to click the link. Guy, i am not rich, how come i have life, property, health, and housing/home insurance. This is the problem with googling. You have to live it to understand it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:

Lol. Yes, just put up a picture out of context. I am going to enjoy today i swear. I have not laughed so hard in all my life. You are just exposing you lies about ever stepping foot out of Nigeria, because anyone who resides legally in a normal society would know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

I am not even going to click the link. Guy, i am not rich, how come i have life, property, health, and housing insurance. This is the problem with googling. You have to live it to understand it.
brother you can fool many but not me. i lived in that piece of shyttt country america for 8 years. its a glorified third world country. how come you have those insurance ? maybe you earn above the minimum wage. those on minimum wage which is like nearly half the population or the homeless veterans cant afford these insurance you speak of. this why people are now living in tents all over america. tent city. people living in their cars etc. its a useless country. dont come and bobo us here
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol. Yes, just put up a picture out of context. I am going to enjoy today i swear. I have not laughed so hard in all my life. You are just exposing you lies about ever stepping foot out of Nigeria, because anyone who resides legally in a normal society would know better.
those in the picture are african americans. legal citizens
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
brother you can fool many but not me. i lived in that piece of shyttt country america for 8 years. its a glorified third world country. how come you have those insurance ? maybe you earn above the minimum wage. those on minimum wage which is like nearly half the population or the homeless veterans cant afford these insurance you speak of. this why people are now living in tents all over america. tent city. people living in their cars etc. its a useless country. dont come and bobo us here

Again, please continue. People are laughing at you. I honestly don't know why people claim what they are not just to win an argument. I like you. I haven't laughed like this in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

are these white americans illegal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6MLTU8QBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_TqB1uzRdM
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Again, please continue. People are laughing at you. I honestly don't know why people claim what they are not just to win an argument. I like you. I haven't laughed like this in a while.
the joke is on you bro. i have my illinois state ID card and drivers license here and a british passport if you want to see it. you think you are speaking to a novice here ? lolzzzz america is a piece of shyttt country.
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
the joke is on you bro. i have my illinois state ID card and drivers license here and a british passport if you want to see it. you think you are speaking to a novice here ? lolzzzz america is a piece of shyttt country.

Lol. I go die today.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol. I go die today.
why ? you shocked that not every nigerian thinks your version of utopia is heaven ? lolzzz
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
why ? you shocked that not every nigerian thinks your version of utopia is heaven ? lolzzz

No. Because someone would claim to be something he is not just to win an argument. Plus the said person has zero clue what we are are talking about. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol. I go die today.
you are on a sinking ship bro. america is sinking fast, you better get off that ship before you sink with it. the infrastructure is decaying, all the jobs have been shipped to china and the best you could come up with for 2016 election is a clown named trump and a dyke name hillary. the country is finished bro. you are better of relocating to naija grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

No. Because someone would claim to be something he is not just to win an argument. Plus the said person has zero clue what we are are talking about. Lol.
and what is it i am not that i am claiming that i am ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.