Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad (71940 Views)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Adventure In Ireland / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
When this one finds herself in a working society, instead of her to take advantage of it and better her life she's screaming racism. Why don't you come to Nigeria and hand your residency to someone in agege?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by fikfaknuel(f): 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
casttlebarbz:
Will u marry me ?
Dey use style dey find green card

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by notoriousbabe: 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeeew Abeg come back come follow us lick this recession soup jo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Originalsly: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmm...only Blacks in a small town?...and these are her complaints?... she hasn't faced racism..... that's more about curiosity and ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Taiofil(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
RIZLER:
Pffft afonja babes and worwority ehn undecided
Are you any better?

Ugly thing!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by ychris: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
Babysho:
Madam Toulouse abi na PSG, sidan one place ojere.. grin grin grin
?
I hail o, cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by ephi123(f): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
blueseacats:
When this one finds herself in a working society, instead of her to take advantage of it and better her life she's screaming racism. Why don't you come to Nigeria and hand your residency to someone in agege?

Lmaooooo cheesy

The girl just wants attention, Nigerians and many other people of African heritage are achieving great things even in the West, I don't understand her writeup at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
Not frontpage worthy...nothing special! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by MarkGeraldo(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
My sister ur own dey gud...which one better Nigeria or Ireland...Haba! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
dondo83:
That is why I tell people no place like home. I have been stoned egg twice in london at night from a drivebuy...what if it was acid or I was shot at? we might have our problems as a nation but I wont trade my country to be a second class citizen in the western world
bros dem stone u egg for london ? what year was this ? 1920 ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Kakamorufu(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2016
i just dey look. Naija too sweet me jare. Aint got no time for a fellow human be looking down on me coz of ma skin color. To hell with whoever tries that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by xavier0327(f): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Racism is real!!! Once in an elevator a british woman asked me where I was from, I replied that "I am a Nigerian"...she then asked if we have "wild animals " roaming about and how I manage with that...if there's a special language I use with the wild animals as she intends to visit Africa with her husband"! I was shocked! I first of all abused her VERY WELL in my dialect, then I smiled and said 'my country is a modern society and you should be literate enough to search the Internet about any country you wish to visit!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by israel90: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Come this girl u say wetin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by maestro299: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
MandingoXXX:
Who Send Her? But Seriously, That Geh Take Style Wowo oooo grin
Lol. I dey tehh you!
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nothing to post here but my response whenever ignorant whites were shocked at my mastery of spoken English:

"Your people colonized my people centuries ago. What else do you expect me to speak?".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Not suprised. As long as races mix, there would always be racism. As urban as london is, i and my friend (half british/half nigerian) experienced racism on a london bus in dagenham by one dirty old grandma. My friend would have knocked her out if not for her age.
Fastforward to canada, some white folks rejected my medical doctor friend from being their family doctor cos he is black. Some nurses look down on him, and try to teach him his job cos they believe nothing good can come out of africa.
I also get the questions occasionaly...where are you originally from? Do you have 5 wives back home in africa?
I love seeing the shock on their face when i tell them my occupation and where i work.
Crazy people grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by dondo83(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
sukkot:

walk alone at night in north london, or take a stroll around east beckton , brixton etc then come back and ask the same question

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by BrOwnSuga3: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
Even here in Nigeria there is racism...

If you are the only Non-Yoruba speaking person in your house/compound, you're dead.

Some illiterate being will look you in the face and tell you they ain't giving you the free apartment because you're not Yoruba.

Which racism pass this one?

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
sukkot:
My friend was stoned egg too in manchester. By white guys in a fast moving car...Black british girl. This happened in 08. Born and bred in england. We all watched the events after brexit. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
dondo83:

walk alone at night in north london, or take a stroll around east beckton , brixton etc then come back and ask the same question
hmmm east beckton i can understand but north london and brixton ? sounds like some yobs just messing with you. they will do it to old white people too. just bored kids messing around. i dont think its racial

so are you back in naija now ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by mizzpweety(f): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
No place like home. Hmmmmmmm. True talk
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by dondo83(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
sukkot:
hmmm east beckton i can understand but north london and brixton ? sounds like some yobs just messing with you. they will do it to old white people do. just bored kids messing around. i dont think its racial

so are you back in naija now ?

in london at moment but just on vac, moved back in 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.