Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad (71934 Views)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Adventure In Ireland / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 5:40am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

Anyone with sense will know that what you are saying is hog wash.

I am really under no obligation to prove anything to you, just so you know ....staying wherever you choose could actually be a deliberate option and not necessarily foisted by circumstance. Please answer this question truthfully, why do some diasporian Nigerians relocate back home? That too is hogwash?

The dumbest thing is to argue with a man who already has set ideas and never likely to see reason even when they are so glaring. Have yourself a brilliant chatting day. There is money to be made.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 5:55am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

I am really under no obligation to prove anything to you, just so you know ....staying wherever you choose could actually be a deliberate option and not necessarily foisted by circumstance. Please answer this question truthfully, why do some diasporian Nigerians relocate back home? That too is hogwash?

The dumbest thing is to argue with a man who already has set ideas and never likely to see reason even when they are so glaring. Have yourself a brilliant chatting day. There is money to be made.

For you to understand why, you have to acknowledge that Nigerians are generally known as people with one of the most phucked up mentality on the planet. Which is evident by the society they have created for themselves. As a rule of thumb, i delibrately avoid Nigerians here because a lot of them still have the Nigerian mindset and do not want to change it. I cannot tell you how many times i have heard the conversation of how one Nigerian want's to amass enough dollars so that he can go back to "oppress". The reason most Nigerians go back is they know that if you want to live like a king and have slaves at your disposal, then just relocate to Nigeria. The fact that the country is not safe or amenities don't exist is disregarded as long as they can oppress. What kind of life is that? God forbid. Like i said before, you are used to a substandard way of life and it will be very difficult for you to comprehend what i am talking about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 6:08am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

For you to understand why, you have to acknowledge that Nigerians are generally known as people with one of the most phucked up mentality on the planet. Which is evident by the society they have created for themselves. As a rule of thumb, i delibrately avoid Nigerians here because a lot of them still have the Nigerian mindset and do not want to change it. I cannot tell you how many times i have heard the conversation of how one Nigerian want's to amass enough dollars so that he can go back to "oppress". The reason most Nigerians go back is they know that if you want to live like a king and have slaves at your disposal, then just relocate to Nigeria. The fact that the country is not safe or amenities don't exist is disregarded as long as they can oppress. What kind of life is that? God forbid. Like i said before, you are used to a substandard way of life and it will be very difficult for you to comprehend what i am talking about.

This difficulty you are talking about exists only in your head. As for being used to substandard life, i will no longer join issues with you on that. Go back to my earlier response to you and re-read, this time carefully and dispassionately. ....you may read allowed for ease of comprehension......THIS BRO SAYS HE DOESN'T NEED A VISA TO ENTER THE UK. THAT MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HIS CITIZENSHIP AND THE FACT HE MAY HAVE A REASON FOR HIS CHOICE OF ABODE. Meanwhile, keep avoiding fellow Nigerians. We know your type.

Talking about oppression do people still oppress others with flamboyance? I doubt it.
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

This difficulty you are talking about exists only in your head. As for being used to substandard life, i will no longer join issues with you on that. Go back to my earlier response to you and re-read, this time carefully and dispassionately. ....you may read allowed for ease of comprehension......THIS BRO SAYS HE DOESN'T NEED A VISA TO ENTER THE UK. THAT MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HIS CITIZENSHIP AND THE FACT HE MAY HAVE A REASON FOR HIS CHOICE OF ABODE. Meanwhile, keep avoiding fellow Nigerians. We know your type.

Talking about oppression do people still oppress others with flamboyance? I doubt it.

Your problem is the same problem that affects almost every Nigerian living in Nigeria; Denial. They refuse to accept their circumstance and the truth thereby perpetuating the rot that exists in their society. Who in their right minds would deny that the imposition of wealth on others is not the norm in Nigeria? The fact that you are oblivious to this says a lot about your awareness of what goes on around you. He may have dual citizenship and chooses not to live in whatever country he has it in, but i have already told you why a lot of Nigerians choose to live in a dilapidated country where nothing works. Why would i leave a structured environment to stay in an unhealthy one. I would be insane to do that. You have to accept that Nigerians generally don't think rationally which is why it is confusing to you. It doesn't make sense, right? Exactly. And yes i avoid Nigerians. Again, you wouldn't understand it because you have been immersed in the rot for too long. Right from MM airport, you can feel the insecurity around you. Almost everyone has this shifty attitude that is unnerving to say the least. Guy, i bow for your lack of awareness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

Your problem is the same problem that affects almost every Nigerian living in Nigeria; Denial. They refuse to accept their circumstance and the truth thereby perpetuating the rot that exists in their society. Who in their right minds would deny that the imposition of wealth on others is not the norm in Nigeria? The fact that you are oblivious to this says a lot about your awareness of what goes on around you. He may have dual citizenship and chooses not to live in whatever country he has it in, but i have already told you why a lot of Nigerians choose to live in a dilapidated country where nothing works. Why would i leave a structured environment to stay in an unhealthy one. I would be insane to do that. You have to accept that Nigerians generally don't think rationally which is why it is confusing to you. It doesn't make sense, right? Exactly. And yes i avoid Nigerians. Again, you wouldn't understand it because you have been immersed in the rot for too long. Right from MM airport, you can feel the insecurity around you. Almost everyone has this shifty attitude that is unnerving to say the least. Guy, i bow for your lack of awareness.

Sir, you have passed redemption. I give up. Insecurity yes. Same in Nigeria as in your environment , ditto corruption. Structured environment was not put up and sanitised by quitters. I perfectly understand this conception that an average westerner holds against the African and particularly Nigerians, but coming from a supposedly fellow Nigerian says a thing or two about brainwashing. This probably is a case of being more catholic than the Pope.

You think it's insane to leave functional infrastructure abroad and return home? You may be right, but i am still receiving calls and mails from fellow Nigerians asking after opportunities in my work environment. I think you are the only sane man in your clime. I hail you sanity sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 6:56am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

Sir, you have passed redemption. I give up. Insecurity yes. Same in Nigeria as in your environment , ditto corruption. Structured environment was not put up and sanitised by quitters. I perfectly understand this conception that an average westerner holds against the African and particularly Nigerians, but coming from a supposedly fellow Nigerian says a thing or two about brainwashing. This probably is a case of being more catholic than the Pope.

You think it's insane to leave functional infrastructure abroad and return home? You may be right, but i am still receiving calls and mails from fellow Nigerians asking after opportunities in my work environment. I think you are the only sane man in your clime. I hail you sanity sir.

You are doing it again. Seriously? I'm telling you, you are in too deep in the dilapidation in Nigerian that it has become normal to you. Really? You want to compare the insecurity in Nigeria to a normal society? Ok. Let me school you. Every country in the world has crime but here is how you rate and conclude what a safe country is and what is not. You look at the frequency of said crimes and how it's society responds to it. Can you call the police in Nigeria and in ten minutes they will be there? Can you take a stroll at 0100hrs in the morning? These are some of the things you use to judge how safe a country is. Now talking about corruption. Again every country has corrupt practices but you rate countries based on the frequency and how citizens respond to it. We are talking about Nigeria, a country where a policeman will stand confidently in the middle of traffic and collect bribe in full view of everyone and it's citizens will turn a blind eye to it. We are talking about a country where every single president in it's history has been linked with one corruption scandal or another. We are talking about a country where every citizen believes "settling" is the norm. We are talking about a country where it's citizens set suspects on fire in the streets. Smh. I don't know if you know this but these things are alien to us over here. Bros, i feel so, so sorry for you. Your mind has been warped to an alarming level and you don't even know it. The fact that you can make this comparison is mind boggling to say the least. I am almost in tears as i type this. To think that a people who have this much problems would realize it, but they go about their lives as if nothing is wrong. God, i thank you for my life ooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

You are doing it again. Seriously? I'm telling you, you are in too deep in the dilapidation in Nigerian that it has become normal to you. Really? You want to compare the insecurity in Nigeria to a normal society? Ok. Let me school you. Every country in the world has crime but here is how you rate and conclude what a safe country is and what is not. You look at the frequency of said crimes and how it's society responds to it. Can you call the police in Nigeria and in ten minutes they will be there? Can you take a stroll at 0100hrs in the morning? These are some of the things you use to judge how safe a country is. Now talking about corruption. Again every country has corrupt practices but you rate countries based on the frequency and how citizens respond to it. We are talking about Nigeria, a country where a policeman will stand confidently in the middle of traffic and collect bribe in full view of everyone and it's citizens will turn a blind eye to it. We are talking about a country where every single president in it's history has been linked with one corruption scandal or another. We are talking about a country where every citizen believes "settling" is the norm. We are talking about a country where it's citizens set suspects on fire in the streets. Smh. I don't know if you know this but these things are alien to us over here. Bros, i feel so, so sorry for you. Your mind has been warped to an alarming level and you don't even know it. The fact that you can make this comparison is mind boggling to say the least. I am almost in tears as i type this. To think that a people who have this much problems would realize it, but they go about their lives as if nothing is wrong. God, i thank you for my life ooo.

We are actually saying the same thing. There is crime, insecurity and corruption everywhere, the difference is only in the degree and rate of response, so what exactly is your point?

I repeat, perhaps you are not able to comprehend it, i have lived and experienced life in other climes, and yes, we as a country ain't there yet, but again others joining in the return to rebuild also do not have your level of sanity, i guess.

I have said it before as a premise of my argument that you can remain whererever you choose and chart a course for yourself, now is that very difficult to comprehend?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by 6digitscomrade: 7:14am On Oct 13, 2016
know your league oksomething strikes me that you are a nitwit,a bas.tard,a moro.n,a plc..(product of a leaking condom)a dog without a tail yet seeking attention from visitors..GET LOST SCALLYWAG I HOPE YOU SLIP ON BANANA PEEL AND DIE OF YOUR OWN FOOLISHNESS!MY INSTINCTS TELLS ME YOU ARE WASTE I HOPE YOU WEEP AFTER READING THIS AFTER REALIZING YOU HAVE FAILED YOUR GENERATION.
OlajumokeBread:

Well traveled ??
Lol

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by nairaimporter: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2016
MadCow1:
Being Black overseas is a real Biitch..

If you are broke, WAHALA... If you are rich, they are shocked. grin

Being the only black Family on a long street in a high brow neighborhood of Paris was quite funny. Na so Police patrol for the area increase, only one neighbor dey greet us (and they were an Indian family that worked in the same office with my Dad and had even worked together in Nigeria before).

One day, our old neighbors Cat jumped into our compound and when we caught it and tried to return it, this woman did not come out (though we could see her peeking from her window).

And the usual when we dey stroll for street, them go cross go the other side jejely.. grin

Online, for my Liverpool FC official Facebook page, there is a running joke of "AFRICAN EXPERT" whenever an African makes a post. grin They use it to mock Africans. They say things like 'Do you people have Cable TV in Africa?'

Racism is real o!! Especially in Europe and Asia. America and Canada own no bad like that again.

The only way to overcome it is to get filthy rich because na that one dey pain dem pass to see a wealthy Black Person wey dem no fit yeye.

Hi, would you invest in a Nigerian tech startup that's building a billion dollar company from Nigeria if only I can convince you. I have a business plan.

A $10,000 investment is enough. In return you get equity in our company. I don't know where else someone can get capital in this economy. I promise it's going to be the best investment you ever made.

Please can I just PM you my business plan. If you have the money, I am sure you will invest just on the strength of the idea. smiley
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Mpanyi: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2016
Houstency:

On second thought.. I shouldn't demean myself in towing this line with you, that being said , you and Cococandy should learn to read before throwing jab in Candy's case and Insults to your family in your case..... I said 'Live observations by a Nigerian and not myself from the beginning of the write ups.. And thank you for insulting your family and unborn kids. Go get a live and learn to be civil, e-robot!!

Loool. Take my word back
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by dnative(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

Indeed! The alpha Nigerians who think mixing with or being seen in company of fellow Nigerians especially in the workplace is beneath them. Dem plenty for Canary Wharf. Brothers/Sisters on their high horses thinking their 500/day rate makes them invisible without knowing you they're avoiding is on 800/day. This is where the Asians with their togetherness get one over the Africans grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2016
dnative:

Indeed! The alpha Nigerians who think mixing with or being seen in company of fellow Nigerians especially in the workplace is beneath them. Dem plenty for Canary Wharf. Brothers/Sisters on their high horses thinking their 500/day rate makes them invisible without knowing you they're avoiding is on 800/day. This is where the Asians with their togetherness get one over the Africans grin

But you erred by comparing youself with asians. Asians are normal people and and are not festered with corruption, Nigerians are. If you want a safe and normal life in a normal society, you best bet would be to avoid Nigerians like the plague. The problem is, you don't fully realize how bad and utterly phucked up your mindset is as a people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

We are actually saying the same thing. There is crime, insecurity and corruption everywhere, the difference is only in the degree and rate of response, so what exactly is your point?

I repeat, perhaps you are not able to comprehend it, i have lived and experienced life in other climes, and yes, we as a country ain't there yet, but again others joining in the return to rebuild also do not have your level of sanity, i guess.

I have said it before as a premise of my argument that you can remain whererever you choose and chart a course for yourself, now is that very difficult to comprehend?

We are not saying the same thing. You had the nerve to compare Nigeria with a normal environment as regards security and corruption. There is zero comparison. You did it because you don't fully realize the dire situation you are in as a people. You need to stop and read what you are posting before posting it. Truth be told, you know you have no argumentative legs to stand on but are arguing for the sake of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by lozanni(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=metallisc post=50152947][/quote]

Yea, I know it still exists in the US to some extent, but its much better than in Europe.
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by dnative(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

But you erred by comparing youself with asians. Asians are normal people and and are not festered with corruption, Nigerians are. If you want a safe and normal life in a normal society, you best bet would be to avoid Nigerians like the plague. The problem is, you don't fully realize how bad and utterly phucked up your mindset is as a people.

Dude which land are you living in?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 11:32am On Oct 13, 2016
dnative:

Dude which land are you living in?

It is not a matter of which land i live in. All you have to do is compare asians in general with Nigerians and look at the society they have created for themselves and tell me with ones seem normal and which ones are not.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by abbeyty(m): 11:37am On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

We are not saying the same thing. You had the nerve to compare Nigeria with a normal environment as regards security and corruption. There is zero comparison. You did it because you don't fully realize the dire situation you are in as a people. You need to stop and read what you are posting before posting it. Truth be told, you know you have no argumentative legs to stand on but are arguing for the sake of it.

i cant believe some1 who claimed to have lived in most part of the world still comparing the level of corruption and crime in Nigeria to other sane societies. imagine in this century Nigerians cant still enjoy 5hours power supply without interrupting and we will be claiming giant of Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2016
abbeyty:

i cant believe some1 who claimed to have lived in most part of the world still comparing the level of corruption and crime in Nigeria to other sane societies. imagine in this century Nigerians cant still enjoy 5hours power supply without interrupting and we will be claiming giant of Africa

According to hardbody, we are all the same. What happens in Nigeria is very comparable to what occurs in other countries. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
[img][/img]
Bollinger:

You never managed to overwhelm me with superior logic, so there.

If you had a better argument, i will respect it and adopt.

Interestingly you admitted to universality of the ills in our society except in varying degrees elsewhere, i hate to engage with people who vacillate from one opinion to another depending on where the pendulum swings.

Can we just leave this already, it is becoming very tiring especially because I am seeing no value add from your line of reasoning. To get to a stop, let's say won, since that's obviously the prize you have been targeting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:
[img][/img]

You never managed to overwhelm me with superior logic, so there.

If you had a better argument, i will respect it and adopt.

Interestingly you admitted to universality of the ills in our society except in varying degrees elsewhere, i hate to engage with people who vacillate from one opinion to another depending on where the pendulum swings.

Can we just leave this already, it is becoming very tiring especially because I am seeing no value add from your line of reasoning. To get to a stop, let's say won, since that's obviously the prize you have been targeting.

My objective is not to win but to change your mentality. You obviously don't know the level of depravity in the country you live in and how phucked up it is and that is very dangerous for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by gentleiphy: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

My objective is not to win but to change your mentality. You obviously don't know the level of depravity in the country you live in and how phucked up it is and that is very dangerous for you.

What an interesting jaw -jaw by Bollinger and Hardboy...both of you have a valid argument...home is home no matter how messy it is according to Hardboy and home should be fixed to look like the other neighbours beautiful and peaceful home according by Bollinger...hmmmm..

Our dear home country is a sweet place to be in with all the vibes,show of affluence..competition on extravagant spending to impress,super oppression by the rich against the poor..bad,greedy and wicked government leaders whose only imagination is to continue to under equip the poor masses thereby subjecting them to abject poverty and hopelessness,poor infrastructure,non existing medicare delivery system,lack of jobs for the many young graduates we half baked from our non functional education system.,no power supply to even encourage the local entrepreneurs...look at the faces of Nigerians what you see everyday on the street is despair and anguish reason many now find solace and hug both original pastors and the overwhelming fake churches..all in business to further extort from even a boli and groundnut seller on the streets..

A Nigeria where it is a crime to be poor because police will be your tormentor...a society where we do wrong things and when we succeed we call it being smart...run on red light we call it smartness...drive through one way and call it over sabi...all these are signature of a rotten society..how often we hear abroad of tankers and containers falling over human beings cos of poor maintenance culture both on the road and he vehicles involved...hoe often we see a truck without break,no headlamp,broken windshield..with the truck head facing badagry and the tail board facing Epe confusing even the road users as to which direction it is actually travelling to..

How often have we called an emergency medical ambulance and you see them appear trying to save a life?..how often do we have a fire incident and fire service arrives on time to save lives including properties...oyibo even save animals from burning houses to show you how they value life not just human but animals...how often have we graduated from universities in the time frame or duration of the stipulated study period...even after the graduation how long it takes us to get our certificates...

Home is home i agree..but when you as a parent can not provide your kids with flat screen tv with dstv subscription to run kiddies cartoon...your kids will never find your home fun and interesting to be rather you will always have cause to go over to your neighbours who have such for their kids to try to drag them home and which your kids will always tell their peers how they wish their parent are like dem bola papa and mama..flog them as you wish they will always run to their neighbours to watch the cartoon.Everybody loves a clean,sane and structured society.Nigeria in years to come is not yet ready to offer what western world has left behind 70yrs back..lets not deceive ourselves...since i was a kid i have been hearing..Nigeria will get there...which there?..when others are even overtaking us..its sad but true...

Countries plan for future generation,they know your one month kid and they have plans for the kid..Nigeria no even get plan for the adults talk less of the kids who they even wish they dont exist...if i lie go and check your public primary and secondary school and then compare with what the oyibos offer for their kids..we may claim we earn well in Nigerian but in actual sense we eanr nothing when you have a small health challenge you spend all you think you have made to be flown to india..south africa...Germany..US .Canada etc to seek attention..in essence what have you achieved with the money when in western world you have regular free medical check ups to monitor your health and any issue is tackled at inception rather than wait and all this are at your beck and call...

we do 40days prayer and fasting just to get entry visa to south africa and india..i dont want to mention the likes of US,Canada and Europe cos those ones na miracle when countries like Botswana get visas at will without any wahala and with little bank money in their accounts and when we even get the visa we go for thanksgiving and celebration..to go spend your money o o and snap picture with oyibo..some spend N3 million to N5 million to just go born for western world so that their kids will have hope of a better future..not even for the parents o o that gave birth to the kid cos they know nothing for the kid back home...

Now finally...what are the likes of Okonjo Iweala still doing in US with their kids...all the while she worked in Nigeria her kids were still in US..and after her tenure the good lady bade us goodbye and flew back to where things work...she made money while in Nigeria she should have moved back to Nigeria and then start battling with kidnappers and scary heartless society...Bollinger you are very right.

By the way before they say i never travel to oyibo country before so i wont be able to say how things work there...I live and work in Canada.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
gentleiphy:

What an interesting jaw -jaw by Bollinger and Hardboy...both of you have a valid argument...home is home no matter how messy it is according to Hardboy and home should be fixed to look like the other neighbours beautiful and peaceful home according by Bollinger...hmmmm..

Our dear home country is a sweet place to be in with all the vibes,show of affluence..competition on extravagant spending to impress,super oppression by the rich against the poor..bad,greedy and wicked government leaders whose only imagination is to continue to under equip the poor masses thereby subjecting them to abject poverty and hopelessness,poor infrastructure,non existing medicare delivery system,lack of jobs for the many young graduates we half baked from our non functional education system.,no power supply to even encourage the local entrepreneurs...look at the faces of Nigerians what you see everyday on the street is despair and anguish reason many now find solace and hug both original pastors and the overwhelming fake churches..all in business to further extort from even a boli and groundnut seller on the streets..

A Nigeria where it is a crime to be poor because police will be your tormentor...a society where we do wrong things and when we succeed we call it being smart...run on red light we call it smartness...drive through one way and call it over sabi...all these are signature of a rotten society..how often we hear abroad of tankers and containers falling over human beings cos of poor maintenance culture both on the road and he vehicles involved...hoe often we see a truck without break,no headlamp,broken windshield..with the truck head facing badagry and the tail board facing Epe confusing even the road users as to which direction it is actually travelling to..

How often have we called an emergency medical ambulance and you see them appear trying to save a life?..how often do we have a fire incident and fire service arrives on time to save lives including properties...oyibo even save animals from burning houses to show you how they value life not just human but animals...how often have we graduated from universities in the time frame or duration of the stipulated study period...even after the graduation how long it takes us to get our certificates...

Home is home i agree..but when you as a parent can not provide your kids with flat screen tv with dstv subscription to run kiddies cartoon...your kids will never find your home fun and interesting to be rather you will always have cause to go over to your neighbours who have such for their kids to try to drag them home and which your kids will always tell their peers how they wish their parent are like dem bola papa and mama..flog them as you wish they will always run to their neighbours to watch the cartoon.Everybody loves a clean,sane and structured society.Nigeria in years to come is not yet ready to offer what western world has left behind 70yrs back..lets not deceive ourselves...since i was a kid i have been hearing..Nigeria will get there...which there?..when others are even overtaking us..its sad but true...

Countries plan for future generation,they know your one month kid and they have plans for the kid..Nigeria no even get plan for the adults talk less of the kids who they even wish they dont exist...if i lie go and check your public primary and secondary school and then compare with what the oyibos offer for their kids..we may claim we earn well in Nigerian but in actual sense we eanr nothing when you have a small health challenge you spend all you think you have made to be flown to india..south africa...Germany..US .Canada etc to seek attention..in essence what have you achieved with the money when in western world you have regular free medical check ups to monitor your health and any issue is tackled at inception rather than wait and all this are at your beck and call...

we do 40days prayer and fasting just to get entry visa to south africa and india..i dont want to mention the likes of US,Canada and Europe cos those ones na miracle when countries like Botswana get visas at will without any wahala and with little bank money in their accounts and when we even get the visa we go for thanksgiving and celebration..to go spend your money o o and snap picture with oyibo..some spend N3 million to N5 million to just go born for western world so that their kids will have hope of a better future..not even for the parents o o that gave birth to the kid cos they know nothing for the kid back home...

Now finally...what are the likes of Okonjo Iweala still doing in US with their kids...all the while she worked in Nigeria her kids were still in US..and after her tenure the good lady bade us goodbye and flew back to where things work...she made money while in Nigeria she should have moved back to Nigeria and then start battling with kidnappers and scary heartless society...Bollinger you are very right.

By the way before they say i never travel to oyibo country before so i wont be able to say how things work there...I live and work in Canada.

God bless you my brother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sholly28(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
GurlFriend:
In a series from the Atlantic, a Nigerian girl named Toluse Akinlabi talks about her experience living as the only black person in her community in Ireland. Some people who had the misconception that Africans live on trees were often shocked to find out she could speak English fluently.

Read her below

Toluse also kept a blog during her year living and studying in Beijing (that’s her pictured below on the Great Wall).

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/people-ask-if-i-taste-like-chocolate.html

fine girl, I admire u
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sholly28(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
GurlFriend:
In a series from the Atlantic, a Nigerian girl named Toluse Akinlabi talks about her experience living as the only black person in her community in Ireland. Some people who had the misconception that Africans live on trees were often shocked to find out she could speak English fluently.

Read her below

Toluse also kept a blog during her year living and studying in Beijing (that’s her pictured below on the Great Wall).

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/people-ask-if-i-taste-like-chocolate.html

fine girl, I admire u.
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Ugosample(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

Amusing.....

I don't enter the UK with a visa, does that tell you anything?

I was processing Canadian immigration visa up till the point of my final interview in Ghana. Some female canadian friend punched me when she said she could not imagine a black skinned lawyer in the streets of quebec. I instantly discontinued my immigrant visa application.

The fact you are either constrained or challenged and will settle for anything does not mean we are all cast in the same mould. Chart your course and run with it.

Enough said, or need i say more?

Black lawyer who was probably trained in English wanting to move to Quebec, a French speaking place with a different legal system?

I bow for you o shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by mikolo80: 12:09am On Oct 15, 2016
datola:
The way people talk about these yeye Oyinbos as if they don't have access to news and see development in black nations of the world. Don't they have Internet access even if their local new channels lie to them.

What are they feeling like, world class citizens?

These whites are nothing but local champions.

what news
Abi you think nta reach Oyinbo land?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

OK. We should all relocate. Those wishing to return should stay back. Lets turn this country to a geographical entity that once existed but all its people have now relocated to advanced economies where structures put in place by 'spirits' are functioning effectively.

Point 1. My argument: Nigeria has its own share of crime, etc. It definitely is worse here than in the developed economies
Point 2. My argument: Some people are here because of their circumstances and they are not able to leave the country no matter how they wish or try
Point 3. My argument: Some people are here not because they are unable to relocate but they have chosen to stay back for some reasons
Point 4. My argument: Some people who are in the functioning economies (diaspora) still come back to settle in Nigeria despite all its stress

Your argument:

Nigeria is terrible and only insane people would relocate from diaspora back to the country and the level of depravity here is so overwhelming that every body should relocate. (In summary).
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:

OK. We should all relocate. Those wishing to return should stay back. Lets turn this country to a geographical entity that once existed but all its people have now relocated to advanced economies where structures put in place by 'spirits' are functioning effectively.

Point 1. My argument: Nigeria has its own share of crime, etc. It definitely is worse here than in the developed economies
Point 2. My argument: Some people are here because of their circumstances and they are not able to leave the country no matter how they wish or try
Point 3. My argument: Some people are here not because they are unable to relocate but they have chosen to stay back for some reasons
Point 4. My argument: Some people who are in the functioning economies (diaspora) still come back to settle in Nigeria despite all its stress

Your argument:

Nigeria is terrible and only insane people would relocate from diaspora back to the country and the level of depravity here is so overwhelming that every body should relocate. (In summary).

My argument is not for people to all relocate but to learn. The fact that you are arguing with me on this issue points to the fact that Nigerians don't learn nor understand the dire situation they are in at the moment. Why in the world would i want to live in a country where basic human decency is almost dead. You do understand that setting a suspect on fire just because thief is yelled out is not normal right? The scariest part is, sometimes policemen would be standing right there and would do nothing. Even scarier is the culprits would do it, stand there and take selfies and have the nerve to put on the internet. To you this might be normal but i assure you it is not. You would think that with the advent of the internet and social networking, Nigerians would not have to wait 300 years to be at the level of the west and Europe. I mean, we already know the mistakes they made na. Let me tell you a true story and i promise you this happened. My wife's brother who lives in Europe but has his family in Nigeria built a nice house in Ikorodu. Three weeks after his family moved in, Kidnappers wrote a letter and placed it by his front gate saying they need 5 million Naira in 3 weeks or else they will kill everyone they find in the house. Guess what the police told him? Pay up or move out. The police. Now, his family is living in a 3 bedroom apartment in Ajah. Meanwhile he has a house. Guy, you are used to the rubbish in Nigeria which is the reason i say Nigeria will never get better because it's people don't learn. And because you love the fact that you can do whatever you like in a lawless country because you are better off than most, points to the reason why you don't see a problem with the country. "nuff said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

My argument is not for people to all relocate but to learn. The fact that you are arguing with me on this issue points to the fact that Nigerians don't learn nor understand the dire situation they are in at the moment. Why in the world would i want to live in a country where basic human decency is almost dead. You do understand that setting a suspect on fire just because thief is yelled out is not normal right? The scariest part is, sometimes policemen would be standing right there and would do nothing. Even scarier is the culprits would do it, stand there and take selfies and have the nerve to put on the internet. To you this might be normal but i assure you it is not. You would think that with the advent of the internet and social networking, Nigerians would not have to wait 300 years to be at the level of the west and Europe. I mean, we already know the mistakes they made. Let me tell you a true story and i promise you this happened. My wife's brother who lives in Europe but has his family in Nigeria built a nice house in Ikorodu. Three after his family moved in, Kidnappers wrote a letter and placed it by his front gate saying they need 5 million Naira in 3 weeks or else they will kill everyone they find in the house. Guess what the police told him? Pay up or move out. The police. Now, his family is living in a 3 bedroom apartment in Ajah. Meanwhile he has a house. Guy, you are used to the rubbish in Nigeria which is the reason i say Nigeria will never get better because it's people don't learn. And because you love the fact that you can do whatever you like in a lawless country because you are better off that most, points to the reason why you don't see a problem with the country. "nuff said.

So your point in summary is.......?

For the records, extra judicial killing is anathema ditto jungle justice. Police abdicating their responsibility is on its own criminal. All Nigerians in Nigeria are used to the rubbish in Nigeria right? Let assume for some minutes that they are not, what would they do?

They vote consciously and their votes are rigged, would you suggest a violent change by revolution? Is it people who have absconded to another man's country that will change the status quo?

Assume i hate all the negative things happening in this country (as i really do) so what are the options? proffer solutions not just castigate those staying here and others willing to join to find ways of creating a new Nigeria.

Again, what is your point.....?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by hardbody: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

According to hardbody, we are all the same. What happens in Nigeria is very comparable to what occurs in other countries. Smh

Seeking for support and quoting me out of context in the process.

I maintain there is crime and insecurity everywhere, however the degree and police response time makes the difference, plus the fact that in the western world, people are more conscious of their environment and are ever willing to help law enforcement to crack down on criminals.

I cannot say the same about Nigeria and i never did.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 11:48am On Oct 16, 2016
Bollinger:

brah, some people will rather live in an unsafe nigeria with their dignity intact than live where they are regarded as third world inferior niggers. SOME peoples dignity and self worth is not for sale. can you understand that some peoples dignity and self worth is higher than the pseudo-comfort that can be gained in living in a western country ? or you think life is all about comfort ? people with dignity and self worth get to a certain age when living abroad when they decide enough is enough, its time to return home. its those who dont have dignity who remain forever and die there. FACTS
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
sukkot:
brah, some people will rather live in an unsafe nigeria with their dignity intact than live where they are regarded as third world inferior niggers. SOME peoples dignity and self worth is not for sale. can you understand that some peoples dignity and self worth is higher than the pseudo-comfort that can be gained in living in a western country ? or you think life is all about comfort ? people with dignity and self worth get to a certain age when living abroad when they decide enough is enough, its time to return home. its those who dont have dignity who remain forever and die there. FACTS

Some people would. That is if you are s.tupid enough to go live in another country as an illegal immigrant. I am well respected in my chosen profession and i have white, black, green, blue, people i manage and supervise. No one phucks with me because i mind my own business and obey the law. This is something most Nigerians will never understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.