Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human (1200 Views)

If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by seguntijan(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2016
I AM A WOMAN
I am a woman.
So what?
I get into an argument with a man. He slaps me. I feel the pain. Yet they tell me I provoked him.
I get into an argument with a man. I slap him. They tell me I have no respect.
Like I don't have a right to be angry........
So, my level of respect for people is judged by my degree of silence in the face of brutality.....
Because I am a woman.
So what?
I am not allowed to show anger. I must sit with my legs stretched out even if it hurts. I must not talk 'anyhow'.
Because I am a woman.
My husband or "boyfriend" cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it......to save my marriage or relationship as the case maybe. Society making the barbaric and stupid excuse that ''it is in their nature to cheat''
I cheat....and I am called a LovePeddler, if we are married i am sent packing with my obese tinker box on my head and my little one still suckling my left nipple.
Three years later......little one is tagged a bastard.
Fellow women will now tell my mother to take me for cleansing. Then, I will be flogged with a sorry excuse for a broom to get rid of the demon.
Because I am a woman.
I am judged as a good girl if I know to cook, clean and do laundry for my man. And when I don't know how to, I am useless.
My character does not count.
Because I am a woman.
He is 28 and runs a company....."ahhh wonderful! Successful at a very young age".
I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married. My dear, marry as soon as possible o. You don dey old" like being successful was not in my DNA or has anything to do with a person's gender.
Because my life ends at forty
Because I am a woman.
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy.......
Because when I am financially buoyant....without a rich dude beside me...then I am a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to ups and downs to get to where I am.
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!
Because I am a woman.
I am raped. Then, it is my fault because the strap of my bra is pink and my idea of fashion is provocative. And if I am way younger, I will be flogged because I 'allowed' the 25year old broda next door to touch me.
I am bleeding and sore....yet, they force me to admit I enjoyed it.
Because I am a woman.
My post will be considered controversial....
And everyone will try to correct me.
Because I am a woman.
I am a woman.
It does not make me less human.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Savvy2(f): 7:46am On Oct 13, 2016
shocked
Wonderful kiss kiss
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Tallesty1(m): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2016
Why are you telling us?

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Blakjewelry(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2016
Nice piece but since no be woman, I no go fit say anything
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by misspicy(f): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2016
Because I am a woman.
I am a woman.
But you are just a woman now,you are supposed to suck it all up and stop self pity,nobody is responsible for you being a woman,so accept your fate wink

Girls younger than you have faced worst scenerio

PS:Who your post epp,you are just another frustrated woman cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by braimeddy: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2016
Yes u re a woman and if u re a Nigerian, u ve to follow d culture of ur pple. Have u ever walk up to a man and say u luv him dat u want to date him?
Yes u re a woman cos wen u get to d age of 28yrs and u re not still married, the older ones will remind u dat u re close to menopause cos men can still have kids wen dey re 90yrs.
My dear start reasoning like d real Africa woman u re and follow the steps of ur mum and grandmum.
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by babyfaceafrica: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
great poem
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
braimeddy:
Yes u re a woman and if u re a Nigerian, u ve to follow d culture of ur pple. Have u ever walk up to a man and say u luv him dat u want to date him?
Yes u re a woman cos wen u get to d age of 28yrs and u re not still married, the older ones will remind u dat u re close to menopause cos men can still have kids wen dey re 90yrs.
My dear start reasoning like d real Africa woman u re and follow the steps of ur mum and grandmum.

Thank God it's not a must she marries African then
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Ranchhoddas: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
...and who said it made you less human? Anything oyibo people dey do una go just wan copy.
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by moiaimi(f): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
I love these poem
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
misspicy:

But you are just a woman now,you are supposed to suck it all up and stop self pity,nobody is responsible for you being a woman,so accept your fate wink

Girls younger than you have faced worst scenerio

PS:Who your post epp,you are just another frustrated woman cheesy
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and who said it made you less human? Anything oyibo people dey do una go just wan copy.
You dont seem to get what the write up is about?
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Ranchhoddas: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
MzLarem:
You dont seem to get what the write up is about?
I totally get it. But when does advocating for better treatment for women become a Jihad?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I totally get it. But when does advocating for better treatment for women become a Jihad?
Okay then.
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by misspicy(f): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
MzLarem:
Seriously?
Sarcasm.....Just like the Post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by misspicy(f): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
MzLarem:
Seriously?
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
Why should being a woman means less than human, if anything I think women go through alot.
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Dheartless: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
I didn't read through, the first two complains made me stop.

It should be more like " a man slaps me , he gets arrested , I slap a man , I am a hero" .

cool

I think my poem sounds more in touch with reality .
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
misspicy:

Oh..ok...i dont think the Op is being sarcastic tho.
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by johnson232: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Can't believe someone spent his precious time typing this rubbish!!!

Women already know they are less human, op what are u trying to say? undecided
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by cococandy(f): 3:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Apt

1 Like

Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Pidggin(f): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2016
seguntijan:
I AM A WOMAN
I am a woman.
So what?
I get into an argument with a man. He slaps me. I feel the pain. Yet they tell me I provoked him.
I get into an argument with a man. I slap him. They tell me I have no respect.
Like I don't have a right to be angry........
So, my level of respect for people is judged by my degree of silence in the face of brutality.....
Because I am a woman.
So what?
I am not allowed to show anger. I must sit with my legs stretched out even if it hurts. I must not talk 'anyhow'.
Because I am a woman.
My husband or "boyfriend" cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it......to save my marriage or relationship as the case maybe. Society making the barbaric and stupid excuse that ''it is in their nature to cheat''
I cheat....and I am called a LovePeddler, if we are married i am sent packing with my obese tinker box on my head and my little one still suckling my left nipple.
Three years later......little one is tagged a bastard.
Fellow women will now tell my mother to take me for cleansing. Then, I will be flogged with a sorry excuse for a broom to get rid of the demon.
Because I am a woman.
I am judged as a good girl if I know to cook, clean and do laundry for my man. And when I don't know how to, I am useless.
My character does not count.
Because I am a woman.
He is 28 and runs a company....."ahhh wonderful! Successful at a very young age".
I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married. My dear, marry as soon as possible o. You don dey old" like being successful was not in my DNA or has anything to do with a person's gender.
Because my life ends at forty
Because I am a woman.
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy.......
Because when I am financially buoyant....without a rich dude beside me...then I am a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to ups and downs to get to where I am.
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!
Because I am a woman.
I am raped. Then, it is my fault because the strap of my bra is pink and my idea of fashion is provocative. And if I am way younger, I will be flogged because I 'allowed' the 25year old broda next door to touch me.
I am bleeding and sore....yet, they force me to admit I enjoyed it.
Because I am a woman.
Because I am a woman.
I am a woman.

Women were designed to hate other women, sad but true
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by dillycool(f): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
johnson232:
Can't believe someone spent his precious time typing this rubbish!!!

Women already know they are less human, op what are u trying to say? undecided

You were born of a woman.

HE WHO LIVES IN A GLASS HOUSE...
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by lilmax(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
yah you are really less human if you think you can insult or slap a man and get away with it
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by johnson232: 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
dillycool:

You were born of a woman.
No..... i fell from above.... cheesy
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by Neolah(f): 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
Really this piece depicts what most women go through especially in a society like ours...
Re: I Am A Woman. It Does Not Make Me Less Human by dillycool(f): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2016
johnson232:

No..... i fell from above.... cheesy

Ok that better explains it then.ciao

(1) (Reply)

Uncommon PHOTO: See Top Parenting Mistakes Mom With Newborn Babies Make / All The Deluded American And African Feminists, Get In Here! / Why Some People Don’t Want To Have Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.