Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council (40386 Views)

Kano: Married Man Sentenced To 14-years In Prison For Raping 8-year-old Girl / Lagos Maths Teacher Sending Nude Photos & Videos To 14-Year-Old Student Arrested / 20 Suspected Prostitutes Aged 13 To 14 Arrested In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 14, 2016
THE Katsina Emirate Council on Thursday declared that the marriage between 14-year-old girl, Habiba Isa, and the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumin Usman, was irreversible.

The council said the marriage and Isa’s conversion to Islam were voluntarily and willingly entered into by the girl.

The council told officials of the Katsina State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria, who visited Usman in his palace over the issue, that there was no evidence that the 14-year-old girl was forced to act against her wish.

The family of Isiyaku Tanko of Warkaza community in the Kudun Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State on Wednesday alleged that Usman forcefully abducted their 14-year-old daughter and forced her into marrying him.

She was said to have been abducted on August 16, 2016, by one Jamilu Lawal, an aide of the emir, who worked in the palace. She was converted to Islam and held incommunicado.

Isa is expected to clock 15 years on Saturday, October 15, 2016, and would have resumed school for the new academic term, but for her abduction.

She was said to have passed her Junior Secondary School Certificate Examination and was expected to start Senior Secondary School.

The incident was blown open when the father of the victim lodged a complaint with Stefanos Foundation, a humanitarian civil rights organisation, which took over the matter.

Isa was allowed to appear before CAN officials and others in the palace on Thursday, and was asked three questions by the Kaora Katsina, Alhaji Nuhu Abdulkadir, on behalf of the emirate council.

She was asked whether she was forcefully converted to Islam, to which she replied no.

She was also asked whether the emirate council or any other person forced her into the marriage with the emir, to which she also answered no.

The third question was whether by the time she met her husband, she was already experiencing menstrual period, to which she answered yes.

The Kaora Katsina said, “The three questions are in line with the dictates of the Islamic religion. Since Isa has voluntarily answered the three questions in our presence, there is no going back on her marriage.”

Abdulkadir explained that in as much as the emirate council would not want to be involved in the controversy surrounding the marriage, the palace of the emir was open to all Nigerians irrespective of religion and tribe.

A letter purportedly written by Isa’s father was read to the gathering, apologising to the emirate council for any embarrassment the issue might have caused it (the council).

The CAN Chairman for Katsina State, Very Rev. Nelson Ugochukwu, however, told the emirate council that Isa’s marriage did not have the consent of her parents, who he said, were crying for justice in Abuja.

The CAN leader said the association was not in support of the marriage and her conversion to Islam.

He said, “This girl (Isa) standing before us is 14 years. She is supposed to be in school and not given out in marriage.

“We are not pleased and we demand justice. Her parents are in Abuja, crying for justice. In my religion, you cannot give out any lady in marriage without the consent of her parents. This marriage does not have the consent of this little girl’s parent. The parents are not happy with what has happened.

“As the CAN chairman in Katsina, I am the father of all Christians in the state. Our people are not happy. The parents told me that the girl is 14 years. She is supposed to be in school. I want justice to be done in this matter. I want the emirate to look into the matter. To us, the girl is still a Christian.”

http://punchng.com/emirs-marriage-14-year-old-irreversible-katsina-emirate-council/

2 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Blue3k(m): 12:34am On Oct 14, 2016
Pedophile, kidnapper and rapist. If he's found guilty lock this pervert under the jail. Emire probably wanted to emulate muhammad.

195 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Bobandgreat: 12:38am On Oct 14, 2016
May God punish Afonjas for this. Rubbish.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Talasuma(m): 12:41am On Oct 14, 2016
The thing wey dea pain me pass be say na your children and grandchildren go come dea reap bad things u did.

14yrs, I don't spoil others religion, but is it actually in the Quran to marry an underage kid?

If yes, all z well

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Eshinkan: 12:53am On Oct 14, 2016
Talasuma:
The thing wey dea pain me pass be say na your children and grandchildren go come dea reap bad things u did.

14yrs, I don't spoil others religion, but is it actually in the Quran to marry an underage kid?

If yes, all z well

These guys go by the Hadiths....in both the Quran and hadiths....their founder...Mohammed married Aisha at the age of six.... grin grin grin

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Bari22: 12:56am On Oct 14, 2016
Yess irreversible, hypocrisy is when eastners celebrate a 14 year old girl for doing illigal sex and at the same time blaming we muslims for marrying up our 14 year old. After all they are baby factory products, a baby is just worth N20,000 in their region.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:59am On Oct 14, 2016
Chai
Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by TheFreeOne: 1:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Just like that these animals just destroyed another girls' future cry
It's so unfortunate we are in the same country with paedophiles who has no regard for human dignity.

I wonder, what's the essence having Christian leaders who can't fight for their helpless members/children. Bunch of useless fake / political highwaymen forming men of God whilst they are merely god of men.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 14, 2016
Eshinkan:

These guys go by the Hadiths....in both the Quran and hadiths....their founder...Mohammed married Aisha at the age of six.... grin grin grin

Waiting for you to quote that Quran verse or forever take your lies somewhere.

My question is very straight forward. Quran verse I said not Hadith? Don't deviate.

Even in the Hadith He married her @9 not 6. He was engaged to her @6. And married her when she attains puberty @9.

Shameless liar.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Blue3k(m): 1:13am On Oct 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

Even in the Hadith He married her @9 not 6. He was engaged to her @6. And married her when she attains puberty @9.

Pedophile confirmed thanks for correcting us. 9 years old makes a world of difference.

293 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by DrinkWater10: 1:14am On Oct 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

My question is very straight forward. Quran verse I said not Hadith? Don't deviate.

Shameless liar.
Whats the difference between ages nine and six?
Can you give out your daughter's hand in marriage at a tender age of nine, and lastly why do these islamic religious leaders and monarchs like getting married to underaged girls? it is obvious that they are following in the footsteps of someone who we both know.
Your guess is as good as mine.

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Frankiss44(m): 1:17am On Oct 14, 2016
How were so unfortunate to share the same countries with these idiots? May God continue to punish Lord Luggard where ever he is. Where are the human rights activist when you need one? This country has truly gone to the dogs.. Pathetic zoo

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by nwaanambra1(m): 1:20am On Oct 14, 2016
nna eh! nda di egwu!

what kind of god are they worshiping that made them so mean and heartless!!

you thief person piking and upon that you have the audacity to tell him to go to hell that he cant do nothing!

What happened to our laws is dis not a true form of KIDnapping?? angry angry

Why do they always go for christians?? why cant they make do with their own muslim kids since they love kids?? or is it bc they have already messed all their kids up (the girl-child are messed up from the day they were born by being fingered by their very old uncles and cousins and their boys a messed up by being trained as almajiris - hence they need well brought christian kids to mess up too!

International human rights group should please come to the aid of this innocent kid! Human Rights Watch dog should pls come and help usooo!!! this people pass our power! oby biko bia - nke ka chibogu eme go ozo!!

haba mana! one cant help but agree that Nigeria is not just a zoo but a wild jungle!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by TheFreeOne: 1:24am On Oct 14, 2016
nwaanambra1:
nna eh! nda di egwu!

what kind of god are they worshiping that made them so mean and heartless!!

you thief person piking and upon that you have the audacity to tell him to go to hell that he cant do nothing!

What happened to our laws is dis not a true form of KIDnapping ?? angry angry

Why do they always go for christians?? why cant they make do with their own muslim kids since they love kids?? or is it bc they have already messed all their kids up (the girl-child are messed up from the day they were born by being fingered by their very old uncles and cousins and their boys a messed up by being trained as almajiris - hence they need well brought christian kids to mess up too!

International human rights group should please come to the aid of this innocent kid! Human Rights Watch dog should pls come and help usooo!!! this people pass our power! oby biko bia - nke ka chibogu eme go ozo!!

haba mana! one cant help but agree that Nigeria is not just a zoo but a wild jungle!

It's only the Christian community / leaders that can help put a stop to these nonsense but as long as there's no common front to achieve that then the trend will continue.

But sadly influential Christians always turn blind eyes to such kidnappings, forceful conversions and marriages.

19 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by yedidiah(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2016
I think it is high time the BBOG campaign, extend their scope to cover young Christian girls, caught, brainwashed and converted to Islam, then married off to emirs or emirate council members.

Were they expecting the young girl to say she was forced to convert or marry him? This has to stop!

Also, am waiting to see what Aisha Buhari and Aisha Alhassan will do about this.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Talasuma(m): 1:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Eshinkan:

JESUS, 6yrs? All z well.

7 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by ndcide(m): 1:39am On Oct 14, 2016
I'll leave this for Progressive01, Fiizznation, passingshot, omenka and their ilks. Especially Progressive01 who wrote one annoying piece about Ese Oruru and the hypocrisy of the nation even when the whole world was speaking against it.

Not forgetting Seun and his mod who put that writeup on the homepage rather than delete it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Pavore9: 1:40am On Oct 14, 2016
TheFreeOne:

It's only the Christian community / leaders that can help put a stop to these nonsense but as long as there's no common front to achieve that then the trend will continue.

But sadly influential Christians always turn blind eyes to such kidnappings, forceful conversions and marriages.

You are right, the silence of influential Christians emboldens these paedophiles hiding under religion! Am not sure if he National body of CAN has released a statement stating their position and demand for the return of the girl or else the Emirate will be sued for abduction, forceful conversion to islam and marriage to a minor without the consent of her parents.

6 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by discusant: 1:46am On Oct 14, 2016
Well, blame goes to these southwest people who still kick against Biafra.
A 14 years old girl hardly knows her left from her right.

How many constitutions exist for Nigeria by the way?

Far northern Nigeria has since adopted Islamic Sharia Criminal laws and practices like taking a 14 years old girl for housewife.

Problem is that our southwest bros don't understand that far north Nigeria wants to exist in its own lslamic territory - country - without distractions from rest of Nigeria. Only crude oil in the Niger delta binds far north to Nigeria.

As Biafrans kick to also live in their own country the way its population want, some of the Southwest people constitute the greatest critics of Biafra agitation.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by TPAND(f): 2:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Theological research has it that Mary gave birth to Jesus at the age of 15.

This is not heresy. Ask and source for knowledge. Did the Emir do something wrong, Yes he did, in a civil society as ours such things shouldn't be happening

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by csamii: 3:03am On Oct 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

Shameless liar.

At the end you made yourself sound more "stupider". So 9years makes it bearable huh?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by flamingREED(m): 3:15am On Oct 14, 2016
TPAND:
Theological research has it that Mary gave birth to Jesus at the age of 15.

This is not heresy. Ask and source for knowledge. Did the Emir do something wrong, Yes he did, in a civil society as ours such things shouldn't be happening

Mary was kidnapped by Joseph?

But our Redeemer is mighty.
He will hear our prayers.
He will thoroughly plead our cause.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by omofunaab(m): 3:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if the law we obey here in the south is different from the one they obey in the north

20 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Abeymills(m): 3:22am On Oct 14, 2016
Very useles emir am sure d ediot is buharis friend afterall nobody can do anything bunch of useles mofos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Emycord: 3:23am On Oct 14, 2016
Sad is always underage Christian girls they see to kidnap they follow due process wit Muslim girls
DrinkWater10:

Whats the difference between ages nine and six?
Can you give out your daughter's hand in marriage at a tender age of nine, and lastly why do these islamic religious leaders and monarchs like getting married to underaged girls? it is obvious that they are following in the footsteps of someone who we both know.
Your guess is as good as mine.

5 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Blue3k(m): 3:48am On Oct 14, 2016
These same set of hypocrites ban shiite sect for disturbing peace but don't can't see the insanity the their version of Islam practice. These guys are backwards I wonder when they'll ban themselves. You know a great majority of people in this region are ok with pedophilia. The Emire would hide his shame if he thought there would be repercussions.

If the headline read Emire caught in gay scandal the muslims would be ready to decapitate him. Since its just kidnaping, pedophilia and forced conversation perfectly ok in their society.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by onyiloyi(m): 4:42am On Oct 14, 2016
I hate paedophiles

14 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Sealeddeal(m): 5:40am On Oct 14, 2016
This is terrorism

13 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by ArodewilliamsT: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2016
This is happening right in Buhari's state and the slowpoke will pretend he can't do anything about it. When Nnamdi Kanu called the dullard and his people pedophiles, some accursed christian southerners and afonjas were foaming in the mouth and shouting 'Kill Kanu', Egift, doctokwus, obailala do your conscience ever prick you?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Blue3k(m): 5:47am On Oct 14, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
This is happening right in Buhari's state and the slowpoke will pretend he can't do anything about. When Nnamdi Kanu called the dullard and his people pedophiles, some cursed christian southerners were foaming in the mouth and shouting 'Kill Kanu', Egift, doctokwus, obailala do you conscience ever prick you?

Look at how the mods moved this post to culture. That must mean it's officially ingrained in their society to prey on children. Hopefully if they aren't too biased themselves they move it to front page.

5 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 14, 2016
My father and my God. These people are mean

6 Likes

Re: Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council by ArodewilliamsT: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Blue3k:

Look at how the mods moved this post to culture. That must mean it's officially ingrained in their society to prey on children. Hopefully if they aren't too biased themselves they move it to front page.

Of course we know the 47 year old yoruba muslim APC MOD who supports pedophilia. But that's his business.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Policemen Raid Lagos Hotels, Arrest Workers, Customers. PHOTOS / Aiye, Eiye, Buccaneers Cult Groups Renounce Membership In Lagos. Photos / “I Saw My Son & Daughter Attack Me With A Knife" - Woman Who Killed Her 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.