Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178697 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Wooow ska rlett ...-The story was beautiful and wow...if not for distance or if was the flash I wouldnt mind runnin to where u are to give u a peck....though the pix did not show...#bestbirthdaygift...so the tales of 'osu' is true

Lol, thanks dearie.

In some parts of Igbo land, its still being practised
Re: Hearts In Ashes by coolbreezy01: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, thanks dearie.

In some parts of Igbo land, its still being practised
Wow that's primitive guess...not to derail I sent you an email...will be grateful if you reply
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 03, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Wow that's primitive guess...not to derail I sent you an email...will be grateful if you reply

Replied
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Dedicated to me, happy birthday to me cheesy

Sixteen

Seyi was given his old room back home where things were the same way since he’d left it eight years ago. The room held most of his childhood memories but he was eager to leave the house for a place of his own. His mother had been all smiles towards him and he’d tried to control his hate towards her too. It was amazing that a face that warm was capable of the cold brutality she’d meted out on his own mother.

Neither of them knew it but he’d found out just before he’d been incarcerated that Coco Lawal was not his biological mother. His biological mother had been her orphaned maid of sixteen who his father had raped and violated on several occasions. Coco had been unable to conceive but the young girl had gotten pregnant for her husband. Coco immediately got into an agreement with the naïve teenager to pass off her baby as hers and pretend she was the pregnant one. Dr. Seyi Lawal, the dog that was his father, had had no qualms with his wife’s arrangement and left the young girl at the mercy of his vengeful wife. Coco had meted out her anger on the helpless girl but had been careful enough not to cause a miscarriage.

To ensure the pregnancy was kept a secret, all the workers had been fired and new hands hired while his mother had been confined in a room in the house and forbidden to leave. She was tortured half out of her mind and immediately she had given birth to him, Coco had arranged that she be kept in a psychiatric institution. His mother had seen more pain and abuse including sexual assaults until she had escaped.

When he mistakenly hit her in a freaky accident, she had told him the story of her life and by probing some more, he’d found his real mother. She had died three months later of pneumonia and Seyi had been bitter at the callousness of his father and step mother.

He had been unable to do anything for the past three years he’d been locked up for corruption charges. He had siphoned money illegally from his grandfather’s company, money he had used to open his club ‘The Redd Door’. The board of directors had called for his head and he’d been charged to court and found guilty. Like his father, he owned only a small fraction of shares and had lost out of the company totally after he’d been imprisoned.

But even prison couldn’t stop a man like Seyi Lawal, he had monies stashed away in foreign accounts and he reckoned it was high time, he got his money back. A man’s fall didn’t show his weakness, his staying on the floor did. But when he was done with his father, he would have no way of rising up except he was Jesus Christ.

By later that afternoon, the unconscious woman had been identified as Dr. Lily Olu and she was still alive. Barely.

She had sustained life threatening injuries on her neck but by sheer luck or miracle, she wasn’t dead when the police arrived with the ambulance and she was rushed to the hospital.

“In critical condition,” said Detective Ehis to Tunji and Feyi some hours later. “Her heart stopped during surgery. She hasn’t regained consciousness, but she’s breathing on her own.”

“Is she going to be okay?” Feyi asked.

“It’s touch and go, ma’am.”

Feyi wrapped her arms around her midsection as if literally holding herself together. Tunji couldn’t help feeling for his wife. She had been rigorously questioned by the police after fainting on his call and had been trying to keep it together all day but he could see she was beginning to lose it.

“Can we go home now?” he asked the detective.

“Yes, sir. You can, there’s nothing much we can do but to wait till she regains consciousness.”

If she regains consciousness, Tunji thought glumly. He wrapped his arm protectively as he helped Feyi up. “Its all right detective, we’re a call away.” He held Feyi up and shook the detective’s hand.

She was trembling in the car as he drove her home. “Are you okay?” he asked tenderly. She looked dazed and gently, Tunji took and held one of her hands in his. Her fingers felt cold and limp in his. All the strength left her body as she collapsed against the seat on the passenger side of the SUV.

“Feyi.” Tunji felt like he was a million miles away instead of sitting beside her. “Feyi, look at me.”

She was too devastated to move, couldn’t even summon the will to turn her head. She mumbled, “I was wishing for the day to end quickly so I’d go home, was even thinking of engaging in some exercise when I got home to ease the stress. I didn’t know…” her voice trembled as a sob escaped her lips.

She fought desperately for control. I’m not going to cry. She forced herself to hold back the storm of emotion that had been building inside her. Her second hand clenched into a fist and she held it against her mouth, pressing hard.

“It’s okay.” Tunji stroked her trembling shoulders. “Let it out.”

Still she fought. She wouldn’t cry, she would be strong.

“Go ahead and cry,” he whispered. “I won’t tell a soul.”

Another sob wrenched through her. Another agonizing gasp. Her body convulsed. The floodgates burst. Tears poured down her cheeks. She completely lost control. For a long moment, she clung to his hand, weeping and trembling.

“My dream came to pass,” she said between sobs. “Only this time it wasn’t me. It was that poor doctor.”

Tunji brow flew up in surprise. “Your dream?” She hadn’t mentioned it to the cops.

“Yes, my dream. I dreamt there was someone in my room. The person’s face was cloaked in darkness and then I saw the sharp knife the person was holding. He or she stuck it in my throat and I thought I was dead for sure. It felt so real and then when I saw that woman in my trunk, I remembered the dream.” Her tears streamed. “I couldn’t tell the police, who would believe me?”

“I do.” His calm, rational voice soothed her.

“First it was Dayo, now its me. This whole thing is becoming too much of a coincidence and threatening to shred my family apart,” she sniffed.

“Its all right Feyi, everything would turn out fine,” Tunji’s lips turned up in a small smile.

Feyi felt a surge of gratitude as she felt better after unburdening her fears to Tunji. “Thank you,” she whispered.

“Why?” he asked puzzled.

“For standing by me and being the support I could lean on. I don’t know how I would have gone through today without you.”

He kissed her fingers. “its nothing baby, remember we’re in this together, for better, for worse.”

Tunji felt none of the calmness he had tried to show Feyi throughout the day after he put her to bed and watched over her sleeping form. Tomiwa had already been in bed when they arrived which was good because she hadn’t been in the right frame of mind to attend to him.

When she called him that morning, he had been too shocked for words and had tried to contain his emotions for her. She was pale and frail in her pregnant state and didn’t need him freaking out. Even though the idea of seeing a dead body in her boot had been freaking scary.

His blood boiled as he stared at Feyi, the killer had picked the wrong woman to mess with.

She wasn’t dead yet.

There were lights and voices and a mask and sweet fresh oxygen in her nostril…

And before?

Curling up on the sofa in her favorite position and with her favorite book, battling the insomnia she’d always had for years. There was some rustling sound in the balcony, she went to check and saw nothing.

She could smell something in the air, something desperate. Turning sharply she is confronted with a figure clad in black. The face looks familiar and her gasp of surprise is soon turned to a groan as the figure takes hold of her neck and sticks a knife to her back.

The voice is soothing, the voice she’s heard for years. Only this time, it sounds like a stranger’s. There’s a cut on her throat.

She’s alive, hanging on to the thin thread. Half in consciousness, half out. She felt herself being slung over slender shoulders like a sack and then the warmth of the place she was laid in a fetal position.

The place wasn’t comfortable and she felt of the bumps as she moved and her wound bled afresh. The killer thought she was dead but she was alive, barely.

Tbc

12 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday dear, wullnp
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2016
BlizzydoDo:
Happy birthday dear, wullnp

Thanks dear kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by coolbreezy01: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Wow really enjoying this...and what is tunji up to...intriguing...I email u a kinda bday help...dnt be angry...tanx

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday dear. God bless you.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Wow really enjoying this...and what is tunji up to...intriguing...I email u a kinda bday help...dnt be angry...tanx

Lol, no p.

I'm looking at it
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Ayoomolabake:
Happy birthday dear. God bless you.

Amen. Thank you dear.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by teamplayey: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy Birthday, Skarlett
Many happy returns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by hourl: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2016
happy birthday dear, this month z gonna be a November To Remember 4 Gud IJN.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by triplemmm3(f): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy Birthday dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2016
teamplayey:
Happy Birthday, Skarlet
Many happy returns

Thank you dear

hourl:
happy birthday dear, this month z gonna be a November To Remember 4 Gud IJN.

Amen o, thanks!

triplemmm3:
Happy Birthday dear

Thank you
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2016
HBD dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Oly23(f): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday skarlett wishing many more years and more inspiration!!! Hip hip hip hurray grin kiss smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday Scarlett. Wishing you many more years. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy Birthday Skarlett and thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by KIKI24(f): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
Here's wishing u a Happy birthday,may your life be colourful as u celebrate today.Weldone on the piece,it's lovely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by osleek: 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday Scarlett. May your years be filled with life and your life with year. I pray for more wisdom and understanding to impact on this generation and more to come. Have a lovely new year ahead....Cheers wink smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by PamelB(f): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
happy birthday dear. wullnp.nice story anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday skarlett!! Bigger you, I wish you many more fulfilled years on earth kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebayo201: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
suspense!!! so damn full of suspense!

that killer na werey 100%!

thanks... following bumper to bumper...
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Happy birthday skarlett!! Bigger you, I wish you many more fulfilled years on earth kiss kiss

Thank you sugar kiss

OMO1234567:
HBD dear

Thanks dearie
Oly23:
Happy birthday skarlett wishing many more years and more inspiration!!! Hip hip hip hurray grin kiss smiley

Amen, thanks hon kiss

swann:
Happy birthday Scarlett. Wishing you many more years. smiley smiley

Thanks darling smiley

adebriana:
Happy Birthday Ska rlett and thanks for the update

You're welcome dearie and thanks

KIKI24:
Here's wishing u a Happy birthday,may your life be colourful as u celebrate today.Weldone on the piece,it's lovely

Thanks sweet

PamelB:
happy birthday dear. wullnp.nice story anyways.

Thank you dear

osleek:
Happy birthday Scarlett. May your years be filled with life and your life with year. I pray for more wisdom and understanding to impact on this generation and more to come. Have a lovely new year ahead....Cheers wink smiley

Amen, thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by debonairprinx(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday skarlett. Remain blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by LovelyUdy: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday Scarlett! May God bless ur new age and enlarge ur coast.
Hmn! I'm a November baby too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday sweety. Hope you enjoyed it.

Wow!!! This our suspense is something else. Christ, Tunji will be turned to a monster now all because of some nuthead. Please wake uo Dr. because we need you to tell the tale.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Domance: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
HBD sweetheart, wishing you all goodies of life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
LovelyUdy:
Happy birthday Scarlett! May God bless ur new age and enlarge ur coast.
Hmn! I'm a November baby too.

Amen o

Really? What day?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Domance:
HBD sweetheart, wishing you all goodies of life.

Amen dear, thank you
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nelsizzy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday skarlett. Lovely story you gat here. The suspense is immense, following bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
jagugu88li:
Happy birthday sweety. Hope you enjoyed it.

Wow!!! This our suspense is something else. Christ, Tunji will be turned to a monster now all because of some nuthead. Please wake uo Dr. because we need you to tell the tale.

Thank you honey

Abi o

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.