Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178702 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by MzDarocha(f): 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
Just stumbled upon this nice piece.... Nd m not regretting it.... Good job sis

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by clearboos(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2016
lovly story,pls keep it coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by shilox(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
So flawless, Keep it coming Skarlett!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Still I read.... Great job ma'am..

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by HelenBee(f): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Who are those quoting the whole story nitori Olorun?

Nice story dear...I'm loving the suspense.

3 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
[size=20pt]Abeg, who has seen our Skarlett OoO?? [/size]

#Bring_Back_Our_Skarlett embarassed
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2016
Skarr... We need an update nah

Where is you m embarassed
Re: Hearts In Ashes by barbienazom(f): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2016
Nice one as usual @ skarlett
Ife's death reminds me of j.d Robbs na-ked in death

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2016
barbienazom:
Nice one as usual @ skarle tt
Ife's death reminds me of j.d Robbs na-ked in death

Thanks dear but we still don't know exactly how she died. We just know how the detective met her dead body smiley
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Skarr... We need an update nah

Where is you m embarassed

Update in a moment smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Abeg, who has seen our Skarl ett OoO??

#Bring_Back_Our_Skar lett embarassed

Lol, I'm here now, sorry for the delay. Was busy over the weekend

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by janway(f): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Skarlett where are thou? we need update. plsssssss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Dedicated to barbienazom, helenbee, mzdarocha, clearboos, beneO and debra01

Twelve

She sat immobile on the couch in the cozy office. Her doctor and mentor, Dr. Lily had told her to give her five minutes and she had been waiting for ten minutes now. She swallowed the panic that swam upward from her stomach into her throat. It had been three years since she’d been here, three years since the last ‘vision’.

Someone was dead. She knew it. No, she didn’t know it, she could sense it, she amended quickly. She felt the knowledge inside her. She also felt she just might know who it was.

Dr. Lily entered and before she could get seated on the couch opposite, she whispered.

“I didn’t do it Dr. Lily, I’m sure I couldn’t kill anyone. If I had visions of who did it doesn’t make me a killer. I’m sure I couldn’t kill anyone. I’m not a killer, I’m not.”

“No one said you are dear,” Dr. Lily’s voice, soft and comforting soothed. “You’re as mild as coconut oil, tender too and very beautiful.”

She smiled in appreciation at the kind eyes of the shrink and a little of her panic subsided. She had formed an attachment with the older single woman and she had been the mother she never had. Over the years she had become her therapist too especially when she had upsetting visions of witnessing a murder of someone she knew. Over the years too, Dr. Lily had gotten used to her ‘visions’.

“What happened this time dear?” she asked with mild curiosity. She wore her greying hair in a tight bun and her wrinkled features radiated gentleness. Her eyes were large and almond shaped, hazel in color. Her mouth was soft and expressive, her manner refined and warm. How could someone as nice as her not have a family of her own?

She closed her eyes to picture the murder scene as she had seen it. “The killer stabbed her with a sharp knife many times, she was helpless as the knife kept cutting into her soft flesh. She was dead even before the killer was done,” she finished stiffly and opened her eyes.

One thing about Dr. Lily was, she never let you know what she was thinking, maybe it was from her training and experience in psychology. Her soft mouth compressed slightly but otherwise, her features were expressionless.

“Who do you think the victim is?” she murmured.

A chill like a cold harmattan wind washed over her patient from head to toe. “It isn’t a stranger,” she whispered. “It’s the woman that stole my man from me, its Stephanie Coker.”

“That’s a reasonable question, Feyi,” Detective Ehis said from across the big mahogany desk in her office separating them. “Look, stop evading the question and just answer simply, these are routine questions. We know her and your brother were obviously lovers but I just want to know if its possible that he was the one she was waiting to meet at that hotel.”

With effort, Feyi restrained her temper. “Ask him,” she replied levelly for the umpteenth time. “I am Dayo’s younger sister, not his keeper.”

“If he were in town, we would have, he flew out of the country last night at 9:30, really convenient for him to have committed the murder and disappeared.”

Feyi fought for self-control as she shot laser sharp looks at the detective with the scarred face seated across her. If looks could kill, Detective Ehis would be roasting over a fire like suya.

At her silence, he continued, “I’m just speculating, anybody could resort to murder.”

“Well, that’s a really cold way to see the world detective,” she said with icy calm. “My brother could never resort to that kind of violence.”

Her perfunctory smile didn’t fool him for a minute. He had met women like Feyi who could be ice queens on the surface but full of molten lava underneath. Her and her brothers were thoroughbreds through and through, with blood as blue as the sky. Her family came from old money but that didn’t stop anyone of them from getting involved with anything less than honorable. Even something as gruesome as the murder of Stephanie Coker, Dayo Cole’s latest girlfriend.

He stood up from the plush seat, “I’ll be in touch, thanks for your time,” he said giving a small bow.

Feyi couldn’t wait to have him out of her office, “you’re welcome,” she said through thin lips. As he exited her office, Feyi’s phone started ringing.

“One of your brothers has gotten himself entangled in a huge mess,” Tinuke Cole said crankily from the other end without waiting for her daughter’s greeting. “I’ve had police officers here all afternoon asking after him.”

“What did they say mom?”

“You don’t sound surprised.”

Feyi sighed, “one of the officers just left my office now, this doesn’t look good.”

“Ra-ra, and I’ve warned those your brothers to settle down with reasonable women and not drag this family’s name in the gutter but they won’t listen now see how your elder brother wants to mar your father’s political career.”

“You don’t possibly believe Dayo killed his girlfriend mom,” Feyi said aghast remembering the gruesome pictures the detective had shown her earlier. Her brother could never do that.

“Of course he didn’t but his association with that girl has added a dent to the family name. We cannot be associated with that kind of murder and not at this time too. Its not as if the girl comes from money sef, she was one broke Jane Doe before this whole thing brought her to limelight.”

Feyi could sense her mother’s disgust from the end of the line but she said nothing. It was funny how none of her siblings had ever taken their parents grooming to heart to end up with consorts from wealthy and influential families. Her mother was still talking agitatedly.

“Lekan is on one side being the rebellious child he has always been and now my very sensible Dayo, the one that gives me the least hassles is the one involved in a murder case. Sometimes I don’t know where I went wrong in your upbringing. The three of you are a tiresome handful.”

Feyi knew her mother would soon turn the call to a lamentation of how her children didn’t turn out as she expected so she quickly diverted her. “How is dad holding up?”

“He seems calm sha, he knows Dayo couldn’t have done it because they were together in the house till late last night until Dayo had to leave for the airport. That’s a sufficient enough alibi. He couldn’t have been on the scene of murder.”

Feyi breathed a sigh of relief, she knew her brother couldn’t have done it. “Hopefully this whole thing would blow over soon,” she said.

“Yes hopefully it will, how is your husband and my grandson?”

It had been two days since her and Tunji had resolved their dispute in the hospital. He had wanted her back home as soon as possible so they had gone to her parents to get her and Tommy’s luggage. She hoped it was for the last time. “They are fine, everything seems calm.”

“And the girl? Is she still there?”

Feyi sighed, Omotola had been the only dampener to her return. “Yes mom, seems we’re going to have to put up with her for the next six months until she delivers. She’s been looking kind of different though, not like the sassy girl I met the first day.”

“Hmmmn…its all right dear, I hope this blows over nicely and no one is hurt in the end.”

Omotola looked miles away from the table that evening as they dined, Tunji could feel it. Feyi was engrossed in the food before her and didn’t seem to notice anyone else at the table. She was seated across him as usual with Omotola at one of the seats at his side. They looked like the picture of a contented family but Tunji could feel the tension that rippled underneath the smooth surface. It emanated mostly from Omotola who seemed to be picking on her food.

Tunji’s mind went back to the day he met her. He had been raw and edgy and still trying to come to terms with staying away from his wife. Those were the times when he turned to beer to forget Feyi and had met Omotola on one of such times. In drunken moments, he would tell her of his grief and his plans to break free of poverty. He was practically a nobody with his head full of dreams and a broken heart. Omotola had been gentle, offering him support and a listening ear. She would hold him when he swayed in an alcoholic daze, whispering into his ear that tormenting himself would not make things better but worse, telling him he could achieve his dreams and she believed in him.

In the mornings when he fought his hangovers, she would still be there, dismissing his hung over guilt with gentle laughter, she wanted him alive because he was too handsome to die, she’d said. She had been experienced when they made love and her passion had engulfed him taking him to heights he didn’t think possible. It had been refreshing to be with her and unlike what he told his wife, he and Omotola had had more than a fling in the three months they’d been together. For a time he thought he loved her until she disappeared. When she did, the beer bottle went with her and he won the multimillion naira contract that changed his life. Her appearance into his life again had been as sensational as her departure three months earlier.

“I thought it was you.”

Tunji turned to look at her in alarm, “Omotola?”

“Live and direct honey,” she smiled at him, “miss me?”

Tunji felt sick to his stomach, he walked towards her and led her into the house, away from the gateman’s prying gaze. “What are you doing here, how did you…”

“I went to the bar where we met, the barman remembered me and told me you had hit money and were building your hotel in the state’s capital. I went there and one of your workers gave me your house address. You’ve changed,” she remarked noting his clothes.

He appraised her from head to toe, she still looked like the same young, simple and pretty girl he had known. “What are you doing here?”

She avoided his question, “I met your wife, I didn’t know you would go back to her.”

“Well I still love her and she’s the mother of my child,” he’d said.

Omotola’s smile was smug, “Well she isn’t the only one,” she said handing him a sheet of paper.

He snapped out of his reverie to watch her picking on her food, “is everything all right Tola?” he asked and startled her. Feyi looked at her with raised brows then.

“No,” she said dropping her spoon and standing up simultaneously, “Everything can never be all right.” She turned around and left the dining table.

Tbc

Like, share, comment

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2016
janway:
Skarle tt where are thou? we need update. plsssssss

Updated now, good morning dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2016
skarlett:

Update in a moment smiley
Thanks baby kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Thanks baby kiss

You're welcome hon kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Lemme Guess Again?? The so-called killer is related to the Seyi Lawal's family cool

The police doesnt seem to think so, guess we'll find out smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by teamplayey: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Omotola!
What exactly is it this time?

# kudos Scarlet; still I read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by coolbreezy01: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
Skarlett!!!...you have blown ma covers...u just gat a new fan...nice piece....u made me lazy @ work 2dae...kip it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nice Update....keeping me longing to read moreeeeeeeeeeeeee. Keep up the good work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Skarlett... I Must Say You're Always Killing It! Keep The Fir Burning... #still Glued To This Post...Following

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Izyyblaze(f): 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Skarlett haff make me fall in love. kiss cheesy
You've proven to be a spectacular writer over the months, I envy you girl.

If only you were a guy, I would've lipsrsealed grin

Ride on girl, you rock.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
Izyyblaze:
Skarl ett haff make me fall in love. kiss cheesy
You've proven to be a spectacular writer over the months, I envy you girl.
If only you were a guy, I would've lipsrsealed grin
Ride on girl, you rock.

Thank you hon kiss kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
sirblero:
Skarl ett... I Must Say You're Always Killing It!
Keep The Fir Burning...
#still Glued To This Post...Following

Thank you dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Skarl ett!!!...you have blown ma covers...u just gat a new fan...nice piece....u made me lazy @ work 2dae...kip it up

Lol, face your job o

Thanks dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 7:18am On Nov 01, 2016
Waoh, lemme be the first to wish y'all a happy new month on this thread cool

We shall all be valued like the Sun

We'll all fly like the Eagle

We shall all be valued like the Gold

We shall all flow unlimited like the River

We shall all be useful like Money

Happy New Month To Skarlett kiss Et All Her Readers cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2016
jagugu88li:
Tunji......

*modified*

That Seyi part made me forget about Feyi and Omotola's meeting, until you brought it back. It felt like I'm reading another story. Its not destructive though, no. I'm enjoying here

Still here Madam
seriously,same here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Your use of big bigger grammar now wink
naso o,enjoyed her choice of words
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Your use of big bigger grammar now wink
naso o,enjoyed her choice of words

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Waoh, lemme be the first to wish y'all a happy new month on this thread cool
We shall all be valued like the Sun
We'll all fly like the Eagle
We shall all be valued like the Gold
We shall all flow unlimited like the River
We shall all be useful like Money
Happy New Month To Skarl ett kiss Et All Her Readers cool

Thank you honey, its my birth month too and I'm going to be giving a free gift to my readers on that day wink

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2016
Skarr.. Be viewing oh, ya typing ahbi tongue

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 01, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Skarr.. Be viewing oh, ya typing ahbi tongue

Lol, I'll drop an update at noon, working on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.