Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (103595 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by guywitzerogal(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

The Islamic hell fire awaits you.

Calling Jesus an illiterate is a compliment considering he never existed
u are suffering from confused demon....who do u refer to as "Isa ibn Maryam"

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Elebiju: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2016
bareal:

béèni o ...òwú nimi nítorí mo fuye gẹ́gẹ́ mo dẹ tún loorin gbingbin.
okare Omoodo agba...... Ede o ni kan lenu e, wa gbayi.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by fireflies007: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

The Islamic hell fire awaits you.

Calling Jesus an illiterate is a compliment considering he never existed

You guys don't need to exchange words based on religion cause we all know d truth. I belive when you know the truth it will set u free

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2016
dew1:
''G'' not g bro...
Dog and dog, what's the difference?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by badaoyeyemi(f): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2016
datigbogirl:

49kg with this your big breast....
remember to keep d sabbath day holy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2016
7Prophets:
And when a strange ailment befalls you in future your people starts running around the globe for a situation you acquired for yourself from a reckless comment. God have mercy

Why can't your god something better like eradicate poverty and disease to prove itself?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by saintdennis(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2016
MrGoogleHead11:

Historical events and documentations are different from Myths, check through your city library and online archives to learn more.

Sir i'd appreciate if you can show me DOCUMENTATION / EVIDENCE. Thanks

Or else it's just simple FOLKLORE n folklores r basically myths.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by badman007(m): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

I no know but you can bet some "born agains" will sneak alomo into heaven. I hear say Jesus dey shack coded tongue

Until I get confirmation of the grove + Alomo, I no dey go anywhere!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2016
guywitzerogal:
u are suffering from confused demon....who do u refer to as "Isa ibn Maryam"

Same poo different toilet
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2016
fireflies007:

You guys don't need to exchange words based on religion cause we all know d truth. I belive when you know the truth it will set u free

I am free from religious bs fam
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2016
piazon:

I will love to hahn and seun on the last day.
Guy bring better business deal and stop being silly
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by seguno2: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2016
MrGoogleHead11:
The weight of the crown might be true actually, mysticism has been part of Yoruba culture since time immemorial, humans have bend many times nature to defy impossibilities, there was a Yoruba warlord by the name Ogedende who has a war gear that can't be lifted up by 100 able bodied men because of the weight, yet he hanged the cloth on just a string of spider web.

Based on told stories or observable, documented facts?
In which museum can one see this Ogedengbe war gear hanging on just a string of spider web?
Where is the museum located, please? Make me sef go look this mysticism that ONLY Yorubas have. Lol.
While you are telling us where the museum with ogedengbe war gear is, please don't forget to tell us why we could not make enough of them to ensure that oyinbo people who don't have such mysticism could not overcome us, colonise and enslave us.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by ohmnetwork1: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ile-Ife (Osun) –

The ‎Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, put on the sacred Aare crown on Saturday in Ile-Ife, Osun, for the first time amidst jubilations and local gun salute by the natives. Oba Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, performed the symbolic trip from Ile Oodua, his palace to Oke Mogun shrine, to mark this year’s Olojo Festival, being the first time he would participate in the festival as Ooni.

Olojo Festival holds annually in Ile Ife, to mark creation of the universe and “Are crown” a special crown made of 151 items. It is wore only during the celebration of the festival and was adorned by Ooni.

Decked in all white apparel, Oba Ogunwusi, had been in seclusion for 5 days. He left his residence for Oke Mogun around 4: 30p.m for the final rites before he wore mystic “Are” crown. At exactly 5 p.m. Oba Ogunwusi, emerged with Are crown holding a white dove, amidst prayers and several gunshots which began with the journey to Oke Mogun and Idi Aje.

Two major ports of call during Olojo Festival where rituals and prayers were said for the peace of Nigeria and Yoruba race. Are crown, according to sources, in Ooni’s palace weighs 100 kg, last made the trip to Oke Mogun several years ago. “ Because the late Ooni, Oba Okunade Sijuade, owing to his advance age in last 3 years of his reign did not wear Are crown even during the celebration of Olojo.

On the procession of Ooni to Oke Mogun were Ife chiefs, priests and members of Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, as well as indigenes and tourists from different parts of world. Before Ooni commenced the trip, his messengers, who wore only shorts, wielding cane performed the symbolic sprint to Oke Mogun three times to clear the route the monarch would take. The festival was peaceful, as all and sundry were in celebration mood, praying for the progress and development of the Yoruba race and the country at large.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/jubilation-ooni-wears-aare-crown-first-time/
This is the beautiful of the Oodua race, the land of the risen sun... The mystery behind the crown is beyond human understanding, you can't fathom it... period
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by TheSCRYPT: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me

Mr. Literate. grin. You are doing very well for yourself. The same impoverished Israel is more technologically advanced than your country. Even with the hostilities that surrounds them they still thrive and have not come to your rich country for help.

Common Cameroon threatens the territorial integrity of your country and you are here shouting in ignorance. I feel sorry for you lot that have chosen to be vindictive. Why can't you just live your lives without bad mouthing people since you are now enlightened and have had your eyes opened.

And by the way, if you are going to say religion limits people, I will wait at the other end of the line for your invention or whatsoever you come up with in your most miserable life.

Stupid ignorant cretin.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by cyrilamx(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2016
He won't go to hell fire..from history such people who makes mockery of christ and Christianity usually become great Christian and do suffer more on account of the gospel...the zeal they channel in trying to obliterate the faith will now be used in promoting it...
HungerBAD:

I dont get you?are you calling Jesus Christ an Illiterate?

Hahn mark my words, you will go to Hell Fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by saintdennis(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
O0ni:

You're a very daft person.

How do you put Sango, a recent figure in the group of Yoruba myth?

1. Sango & Ogedengbe were not part pf Yoruba early history but recent & verifiable history.

2. Which is false? That Sango existed or Ogedengbe was a war general who could not be lifted?

Please tell me how the definition you screenshot supports your previous argument of Sango & Ogedengbe accounts being myth.

Smh a man opened his mouth n thunder came forth...

You will claim educated but believe it's real & not a myth? So who is now the daft person?

Apt example of the grandeur of delusion

& if your education wasn't a waste u would have read n easily understood I quoted the dude to give examples of how whites are making money off their myths not whether or not it's truth.

So i guess it's obvious who d daft one is.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Godson32(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me
Who is this bullshit
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by fotadmowmend(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
a ke gbajure o!

The crown can't weigh 100kg!
Are crown being at par with 2 bags of cement in terms of earth gravitational pull?
Aare Crown is worn only once a year by Ife kings for this reason because some rituals has to be done to lighten the weight before d king can wear it....... The weight is a misery
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

Mr. Literate. grin. You are doing very well for yourself. The same impoverished Israel is more technologically advanced than your country. Even with the hostilities that surrounds them they still thrive and have not come to your rich country for help.

Common Cameroon threatens the territorial integrity of your country and you are here shouting in ignorance. I feel sorry for you lot that have chosen to be vindictive. Why can't you just live your lives without bad mouthing people since you are now enlightened and have had your eyes opened.

And by the way, if you are going to say religion limits people, I will wait at the other end of the line for your invention or whatsoever you come up with in your most miserable life.

Stupid ignorant cretin.

Continue with the insults. Jesus will be proud
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by adeboizy11(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided

It isn't. According to history & practices it is believed dat 21chiefs are to carry nd place the crown on the king during this festival. The actual weight of the crown is more, 100kg is only an estimate
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
Godson32:
Who is this bullshit
Jesus is proud of your comment
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Godson32:
Who is this bullshit
Jesus is proud of your comment
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Ryda(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Noobshakur(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
it is simple yet written and proven already. You're a FOOL. PSalm 14.1
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ryda:

AMEN!!!
Lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Noobshakur:
it is simple yet written and proven already. You're a FOOL.

Jesus is proud of you

Continue
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by pawesome(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
where do u get ur supply f weed from..i need some cz d way u jst spoke out f ur butt makes me tink f ntin buh dt weed
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hahn(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
pawesome:
where do u get ur supply f weed from..i need some cz d way u jst spoke out f ur butt makes me tink f ntin buh dt weed

I got my weed from Jesus
The one he stole from his father the most high

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by kondogbia(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

you are a zombie
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by ayamAgenius: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

God is Merciful! That fella may later realise his folly and win souls for Christ. Don't be too judgemental on where he'd be spending his eternity... God sees it all!!! And he alone judges!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dnawah(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
one day ur chair go break,u go find am u no go see am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Banyankole Tribe Where Bride's Aunt Has Sex With Groom To Test Sexual Prowess / Traditional Edo Attire In Pictures / Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.