Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (8582 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / How Can Any Intelligent Person Be An Adherent Of Any Of The Abrahamic Religions? / Why Africans Should Not Follow Abrahamic Religions (christianity, Islam, Judaism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

the bolded...please prove it..

Last time i checked US still had over 78% religeous. by 1965 they had over 80%.
Internet was invented by Christains in a christain nation. by the way are there countries with @least 25% Apetheists.

www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 8:46am On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Anyone who disagrees with you on an issue is an atheist. I can see how high your IQ is.

By their works you shall know them .
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

By their works you shall know them .
Warefa!!!!
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by SalomonKane: 8:57am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

click the link i gave you. read and understand.
Already did. I checked it. All I saw is just an archaic practice based on a believe system like christianity and Islam.

Since it's known that it's archaic, I believe it should be abolished. But I still don't know how this affects my earlier position.

I gave three examples, you gave one. Something that is only practised in just one African country.

So why should we continue to practice a religion that has continue to cause untold hardship and suffering in Nigeria, that's my question to you?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 9:01am On Oct 17, 2016
SalomonKane:
Already did. I checked it. All I saw is just an archaic practice based on a believe system like christianity and Islam.

Since it's known that it's archaic, I believe it should be abolished. But I still don't know how this affects my earlier position.

I gave three examples, you gave one. Something that is only practised in just one African country.

So why should we continue to practice a religion that has continue to cause untold hardship and suffering in Nigeria, that's my question to you?

Lie, the Entire African Continent. i don't have time to google them. but you can google about fetish African traditions and culture.

How did Christainity cause hardship?
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by SalomonKane: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Lie, the Entire African Continent. i don't have time to google them. but you can google about fetish African traditions and culture.
Hope you know most archaic traditional practices have been stopped or kept away from the public eye?

How did Christainity cause hardship?
I'm sure you've witness the thieving ways of many of its adherents? The way christians loot and steal whatever they can lay their hands on.

That's among the ways christianity and it's adherents cause hardship, especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2016
SalomonKane:
Hope you know most archaic traditional practices have been stopped or kept away from the public eye?

I'm sure you've witness the thieving ways of many of its adherents? The way christians loot and steal whatever they can lay their hands on.

That's among the ways christianity and it's adherents cause hardship, especially in Nigeria.

Lies all this pratices are still done in Africa today. go to Riversstate and other parts of Nigeria and see Shrines per compound.

Christainity is corrupted thats is a fact. that does not mean that Christainity is wrong. the important thing is Christainity and the Bible preaches against pastors or clergy collecting material things from member. it preaches about hardwork and commitment ,it also preaches about patrotism.it condems stealing(Corruption) and many more , all this are in the Bible.i just don't have time to post the verses.
Only a kid will now blame Christainity for peoples selfishness and behaviour. is like someone blaming Democracy as not been good ;because Africans refused to pratice true tenents of Democracy. therefore it is no longer good.

Thats a myopic way of reasoning.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by SalomonKane: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Lies all this pratices are still done in Africa today. go to Riversstate and other parts of Nigeria and see Shrines per compound.
How is the presence of shrines contributing to the decay in the society? Neve forget, every man has the right to practice any religion of his choosing. So you screaming the presence of shrines is wrong mean you don't want to come to terms with reality.

Christainity is corrupted thats is a fact. that does not mean that Christainity is wrong. the important thing is Christainity and the Bible preaches against pastors or clergy collecting material things from member. it preaches about hardwork and commitment ,it also preaches about patrotism.it condems stealing(Corruption) and many more , all this are in the Bible.i just don't have time to post the verses.
Only a kid will now blame Christainity for peoples selfishness and behaviour. is like someone blaming Democracy as not been good ;because Africans refused to pratice true tenents of Democracy. therefore it is no longer good.

Thats a myopic way of reasoning.
The question is, do the adherent of christianity practice what it preach?

Christianity, if you've failed to notice, is a tool, just like to gun which people use to perpetrate unspeakable evil.

Christianity preaches against everything bad, but those who say they're christians are known to be worse off... it's just like democracy, it breeds capitalism and pave way for people to be cheated and used. That's the starting point which forms the basis of hypocrisy which many christians now take after.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by raphieMontella: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Internet was invented by Christains in a christain nation. by the way are there countries with @least 25% Apetheists.

i didnt see anything there oo..
Stop playing and give me proof...
That The possibility of the internet and and computer science was done by christians...
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by raphieMontella: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

stop playing around oga...
Your statement----virtually all the world's inventions were created by christians...
Prove it.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by EyeHateGod: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Naive.
Sometimes some people just comment Rubbish just to feel big even though it doesn't make sense if i ask u to show me how Naive the sentence was u Won't be able to show me It just shows how plain Stupid and Ignorant You are Buy should i blame you?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by orunto27: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
Your concluding Note in italics is fair. Your abusive words at the End show that you're afraid of unfavorable comments about you. If you've ever had Dreams that make sense to you and have observed your Shadow following you in the day and doing exactly what you do, know that every action, interaction and movement of yours is reported and accounted for at the Judgement Seat of The Almighty Supreme Spirit. I'm not judging but merely marking you. And you have Credit in English Language and F9 in Mathematics. Adeboye, Kumuyi etc are mathematicians. Chris Oyak. is an Architect and obviously a mathematician. That is why they know the difference between Spirits and humans physical.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by Pidggin(f): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
OP, take a look at what your ancestors were doing before God had mercy on us

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Sometimes some people just comment Rubbish just to feel big even though it doesn't make sense if i ask u to show me how Naive the sentence was u Won't be able to show me It just shows how plain Stupid and Ignorant You are Buy should i blame you?

Naive
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

stop playing around oga...
Your statement----virtually all the world's inventions were created by christians...
Prove it.

Sure. you can disprove it , if you have evidence to that.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

i didnt see anything there oo..
Stop playing and give me proof...
That The possibility of the internet and and computer science was done by christians...

You can google about the history of internet and look for the Names of Scientists and their religeon. Suprise they could be Apethiests.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
SalomonKane:
How is the presence of shrines contributing to the decay in the society? Neve forget, every man has the right to practice any religion of his choosing. So you screaming the presence of shrines is wrong mean you don't want to come to terms with reality.

The question is, do the adherent of christianity practice what it preach?

Christianity, if you've failed to notice, is a tool, just like to gun which people use to perpetrate unspeakable evil.

Christianity preaches against everything bad, but those who say they're christians are known to be worse off... it's just like democracy, it breeds capitalism and pave way for people to be cheated and used. That's the starting point which forms the basis of hypocrisy which many christians now take after.

How does that make Christainity bad. how many times do you blame Nigerian Consistution for poor governance in Nigeria?
People Would do what they like irrespective of religeon.
You fail to understand that things are a bit stable becos of Christain religeon , without it you will know the difference. You always look for ways to discredit christainity when they are billions of things they should be commended for. millions of Sinners have been changed including armed robbers ,who you could have been their next victim.

You are like an An American skeptic who was visiting an island whose
natives were originally cannibals. When he
spotted an old man reading the Bible, he
ridiculed him for reading a book "full of myths
which had already been exposed." The native
smiled at him and said, "My friend, be grateful we do believe this book. Otherwise, we would be serving you for dinner." The Bible really does change people, and this amazing fact confirms its inspiration.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by raphieMontella: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by raphieMontella: 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

You can google about the history of internet and look for the Names of Scientists and their religeon. Suprise they could be Apethiests.
seems you are a joker...
Tell me the christians behind the internet invention?
And the computer science behind it?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by raphieMontella: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Sure. you can disprove it , if you have evidence to that.
oh! I get it.. you're a joker..
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by PMIcon(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Don't throw the baby away with the bath water.

Forcing views on others
Sometimes love motivates people to go out of their way to help someone who doesn't care. If a blind man is about falling into a dish, you may not look too courteous trying to rescue him- in the eyes of those who don't know there is a dish there.

Does religion divide us?
Last time I checked people are always divided in opinion because of pride, self-centredness and fear. Truth also divides because not everyone believes.

Religion appeals to meanness?
You forgot that hospitality and care centres are often driven by religious consciousness. Just go round the orphanages in Nigeria and come back to give us your findings.

No proof?
Depends on what you want to accept as proof. "Logical" is not always equal to "True" otherwise many fraudsters will be out of job. Ask husbands, they will tell you their wives may have no point and yet will be correct where their own logic fails them.
By the way, atheists also have no proof that's why some have suggested it is a form of religion if you argument is right.

and so on.

WE SEE THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY. YOU MAY FALL WHILE ON THE CORRECT PATH TO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. SOME WILL ARGUE THAT IF IT IS THE RIGHT WAY YOU SHOULDN'T FALL AT ALL. REALITY IS NOT ALWAYS SO.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by GooseBaba: 3:00am On Oct 18, 2016
[quote author=blueAgent post=50264154][/quote]

Actually your mumurity no get part 2...

So English is a christain language and Internet is a christain development... Lmao

Openly lying for a belief... What would jesus do?
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by GooseBaba: 3:06am On Oct 18, 2016
Fadman4real...

Bros, what's wrong with out ancestoral beliefs..you eagerly pick traditions from one or two tribes and lump it as the general practice of all africans beliefs concepts.

However, . You have no problem preserving the ancestoral beliefs of others with documented atrocities in the holy books.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by GooseBaba: 3:24am On Oct 18, 2016
Pidggin:

See desperation.... A nollywood acting is your evidence..
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by macof(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2016
Pidggin:

I don't even see what's wrong with that picture.

but this picture below is just madness. . making you a big hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by Fadman4real(m): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2016
GooseBaba:
Fadman4real...

Bros, what's wrong with out ancestoral beliefs..you eagerly pick traditions from one or two tribes and lump it as the general practice of all africans beliefs concepts.

However, . You have no problem preserving the ancestoral beliefs of others with documented atrocities in the holy books.

You dont understand the bible which is why you talk like this, the bible is about two things.

1. The birth of a nation which God had to groom and make them survive in spite of the numerous enemies they had.
2. The comming of the messaiah to teach us how to live our lives. It would not be posdible if there wasnt a nation ready for him.

The bible tells us to love our neighbours and love God, it doesnt ask us to perform atrocities. Let me ask you a question, why do you go to schools after all education was brought about by the same people that brought religion?

Our former religion was full of attrocities performed legally under it, i.e human sacrifices etc. If we still did that we would be in the dark ages till now.
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by SalomonKane: 9:22am On Oct 18, 2016
blueAgent:

How does that make Christainity bad. how many times do you blame Nigerian Consistution for poor governance in Nigeria?
People Would do what they like irrespective of religeon.
Thats the difference between the nigerian constitution and christian dogmatic and docile laws.

If and when a Nigerian break the law, if he or she is caught, that person is trialled and punished according to the laid down law.

Can this be said for christianity, whose adherents like I said, flout, disgrace, abuse and taint the very laws of christianity?.

You fail to understand that things are a bit stable becos of Christain religeon, without it you will know the difference.
Really. Things are going bit stable, well thank goodness you said 'bit' because the country is anything but stable, given the cold hostilities between christians, moslems and other religion, i'd say this country is sitting on a keg of gun powder, waiting to explode.

You always look for ways to discredit christainity when they are billions of things they should be commended for. millions of Sinners have been changed including armed robbers ,who you could have been their next victim.
Sentiment! Christians discredit christianity with their actions, not me. Remember, "action speak louder than words".

The armed robbers who changed from their ways didn't change because o christianity, I tell you this, they changed because they want to be shielded from a more prudent and harsh law, which is the nigerian law. It punishes offenders (sinners) devoid of their religious affiliation.

You are like an An American skeptic who was visiting an island whose
natives were originally cannibals. When he
spotted an old man reading the Bible, he
ridiculed him for reading a book "full of myths
which had already been exposed." The native
smiled at him and said, "My friend, be grateful we do believe this book. Otherwise, we would be serving you for dinner." The Bible really does change people, and this amazing fact confirms its inspiration.
There again your story is non sequitor. The fact that the inhabitants of that Island don't eat the man mean they're not cannibals. For if they were, they would have eaten the man and still read the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by GooseBaba: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Fadman4real:

You dont understand the bible which is why you talk like this, the bible is about two things.

1. The birth of a nation which God had to groom and make them survive in spite of the numerous enemies they had.
2. The comming of the messaiah to teach us how to live our lives. It would not be posdible if there wasnt a nation ready for him.

The bible tells us to love our neighbours and love God, it doesnt ask us to perform atrocities. Let me ask you a question, why do you go to schools after all education was brought about by the same people that brought religion?

Our former religion was full of attrocities performed legally under it, i.e human sacrifices etc. If we still did that we would be in the dark ages till now.

Exactly, i don't understand the bible but you do. I'm guessing the other denominations too do not understand the bible. Clap for yourself.

All education shocked are you okay.? Point of correction. Western education is not all education. To answer your question, they built an economy and in order to participate you must understand and learn their ways. Therefore, in order to survive people conform. Mind you those that refused to conform were denied access to economic participation and social mobility.

In regards to ancestoral form of worship. Keep deluding yourself with human sacrifice.. Change is inevitable. Tell me when was the last time you killed your neighbor for not keeping the Sabbath holy?
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
SalomonKane:
Thats the difference between the nigerian constitution and christian dogmatic and docile laws.

If and when a Nigerian break the law, if he or she is caught, that person is trialled and punished according to the laid down law.

Can this be said for christianity, whose adherents like I said, flout, disgrace, abuse and taint the very laws of christianity?.

Really. Things are going bit stable, well thank goodness you said 'bit' because the country is anything but stable, given the cold hostilities between christians, moslems and other religion, i'd say this country is sitting on a keg of gun powder, waiting to explode.

Sentiment! Christians discredit christianity with their actions, not me. Remember, "action speak louder than words".

The armed robbers who changed from their ways didn't change because o christianity, I tell you this, they changed because they want to be shielded from a more prudent and harsh law, which is the nigerian law. It punishes offenders (sinners) devoid of their religious affiliation.

There again your story is non sequitor. The fact that the inhabitants of that Island don't eat the man mean they're not cannibals. For if they were, they would have eaten the man and still read the Bible.

Thats why no one takes u atheists serious. you talk from both sides of your mouth.
You just accused religeon of holding Africans down mentally, and yet you say christainity is not doing anything to offenders of Christain laws compared to Civil laws.

Mind you that christain laws were never ment to replace civil laws. you think you know more than the US Supreme court that Adopted the ten commandments as part of their laws.even did a Scuplture of Moses with the 10Laws in their Supreme Court.

if the robber changed becos of fear of nigeria civil laws? why do we still have thousands of robbers in government and within the masse?

You think people just wakeup and decide to change?

Your opinion about the Cannibals. show that you are naive when it comes to World cultures,poiltics and history. if you have knoweledge of what you are saying you know the difference b/ w those countries past and present
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
GooseBaba:

Actually your mumurity no get part 2...

So English is a christain language and Internet is a christain development... Lmao

Openly lying for a belief... What would jesus do?

I guess English and internet was invented in your village Shrine?

When will U athiest get Sense?
Re: Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria by blueAgent(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

oh! I get it..
you're a joker..

Guess who is calling someone a joker?
A clown that believes his ancenstors were Ape.

Very soon you will give birth to an Ape.
The Ape genes or traits cannot remain recessive for long, they will soon appear. just get a bigger baby court. Clown.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / On Going 7-day Facebook Night Vigil Prayers By Dr DK Olukoya / Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.