Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,248 members, 7,849,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why Should I Worship A God That Died - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Worship A God That Died (3574 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross? / Yes, I Worship Esu, But I’m Not Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by MRNEL(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
Why I Believe in Jesus for My Salvation and why some doubt He is God.

our arguments are quite interesting but ithe issues are real. the issues at stake is very crucial, note that it is not a matter of who is right or wrong but rather of what is right or wrong and we can't both be right. logically it makes more sense that we are all wrong but we can't all be right. I am glad most of us believe in God. our greatest problem is that we have different perspective on His nature.

before we argue about His nature (monotheism (Islam) and Trinity (Christian) ) let us consider the nature of man.
why religion in the first place?

Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in the God of Genesis that created the world. they all believe that this man fell and became sinful. note that God said that when the man sins he would surely die! (Gen 3:3). man ate but didn't die (physically) and God could not be lying (so man died spiritually). the death man died was a separation from God. separation from God is the ultimate death since man is spirit and whether he goes to hell or goes to heaven the spirit is intact to eithe renjoy or to suffer.

so what is the need for religion? it is because of that separation brought about by the fall of man. man sought for God. note that GOd is holy and sinful man cannot approach Him. when we say God is Holy, it is a state man (who is intrinsically sinful, a state he denies. and if you doubt it. you will never understand salvation by justification.) can never understand or attain by himself. In judaism they were the first to encounter this God and in the Torah (the law and the old testament) which by the way is read by Jews all over the world there are prophecies like:

A virgin shall be with a son
you shall call His name Emmanuel (God with us), Prince of Prince, the Most High God
He shall save the people from their sins

I can give more of such, but the point is that these were not written, copied from generation to generation by christians but rather by people who believe in God. the God of Abraham. talking of Abraham. God told him "by your seed (not seeds) all the nation of the earth shall be blessed" God's relationship with Israel is not for Israel's sake (because He is the God of the whole Universe) but because He wanted to set the stage.
Israel allows us the opportunity to see the nature of God, His hatred for Sin, His dealing with man and to hear His commands.

Abraham was the first man God called Righteous. why? because he cleaned himself with water? made sacrifices? never sinned? or disobeyed God? the greatest giver? what does the scripture say? Gen 15:6 And he believed in Jehovah. And He counted it to him for righteousness.

In Moses he Says in Exodus 18:9 "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;" I
note the passage from the midst of thee, this was written to Israelites. anyone who lays a claim on this passage for another religion must take into consideration the fact that Prophecies don't contradict themselves and it is amazing the amount of Prophecies that lead to Jesus. none was written by Christians and history and science cannot contradict their precision.

ok, according to the Prophecy ( not written by Christians) a Virgin gave Birth and on His Baptism a voice said |"This is my belove son in whom I am well pleased, listen to Him." echoing exactly what was prophesied in Ex 18:9. He did miracles and miracles still happena at His name as prophesied in Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." you can proffer a fulfillment of the scripture if you have one.

the greatest miracle was that He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon Him!

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Look at this Scriptures above and remember that These are in the books of the Jews (Judaism)

Then this one:
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

and this CHild Came!

when you say God does not have a Son, say that you cannot understand how (as you can't understand God Himself). I dare anyone who really wants to find out the truth to read the bible for himself. it is free online.

So In Jesus we find a saviour for man's sinfulness . in other words Jesus died on a cross because without blood there will be no remission of sins (that is why judaism and Islam sacrifice rams, even our tradition people knows that)

And God said: He died for everyone! not just for Christians. God has forgiven all of us for our Sins. even the one you will commit tomorrow.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
ANYONE WHO WILL GO TO HELL WILL BE BECAUSE HE REJECTED THIS OFFER,

does it mean we should go on sinning? that would be insulting the Grace of God and God cannot be mocked.
Jesus in forgiving us also rose from the dead (As prophesied also in Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. ) and gives every believer the power to live above sin. so when we sin, it is not because we should (everyone either Christian or Moslem cannot deny that at a time you will sin, in your hearts more likely) but the separating line is the nature of salvatuion.

So I love Moslems, I love Judaism because Jesus Loves them too (There were no christians when He died). our responsibility is to accept His salvation. So My dear if you cannot believe in a God that died it is because you have not understood the nature and gravity of Sin (it must be paid for) the Justice of God (it must be paid for with Blood and by that we are all condemned cos we all sinned) and His Love (He provided the payment Himself)

the question is could He? and you know better than to ask that question.

I will round up with a story a friend told me, it was an outing he had with his new wife (or fiancee I can't remember) they wennt for an evening dinner and since he didn't have a jacket, the waiter refused to lower the standards which was "no jacket no entry" the waiter then offered him his own jacket. and myb friend had a wonderful evening. the point is that God is strict(sin is SIN and there is a price, but then we will all be dead) but He is also Loving and provides an answer.

everything you see in the Christian religion, that is outside this core truth is because of the frailities of men. the good news is that they are forgiven men, but those that abuse the grace (God knows the heart and dispences perfect Justice, God will judge. and I tell you some have lost their salvation already).

so will you accept it? pls dont continue in your efforts. man cannot by observing certain rituals earn forgiveness.

thank you and I love you.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by MRNEL(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
MY TAKE ON TRINITY
@ABUZOLA
@shakerz

1. did your scripture say "Come let "US" make man in our own image"?

2. if GOD is loving and ALLmighty ANd One alone as you put it. who was He Loving before He created the angels and man

3. If God The Father has a Son does that make us not in His image or MAke Him less God

4. When God Says in Eze 37:14  And I shall put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. And you shall know that I Jehovah   have spoken and have done it, says Jehovah. "

does that text connote something to you
5. Now when Jesus says in
Joh 17:23  I in them and You in Me, in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.
Joh 17:24  Father, I desire that they also whom You have entrusted to Me [as Your gift to Me] may be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory, which You have given Me [Your love gift to Me]; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
Joh 17:25  O just and righteous Father, although the world has not known You and has failed to recognize You and has never acknowledged You, I have known You [continually]; and these men understand and know that You have sent Me.
Joh 17:26  I have made Your Name known to them and revealed Your character and Your very Self, and I will continue to make [You] known, that the love which You have bestowed upon Me may be in them [felt in their hearts] and that I [Myself] may be in them.

does it tell you anything about LOVE?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2009
Cut your crap short and tell us the reason why you will worship a dead God in a sentence. Simple
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by MRNEL(m): 6:28am On Oct 27, 2009
@ abuzola, it wont hurt you to read the text.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
So what ?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 28, 2009
@Abuzola,abio grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' / Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? / Favorite Atheists And Theists On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.