Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,163 members, 7,829,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Why Should I Worship A God That Died - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Worship A God That Died (3564 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross? / Yes, I Worship Esu, But I’m Not Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
sweeti14:

Abuzola lets get sumfim straight here.God the father,God the son and God the holyspirit are 1.God the father sent God the son(Jesus) to earth.Jesus came in HUMAN FORM in order 2 identify with us humans.As 4 your saying dat Jesus disgraced Himself by being spat on and stuff dats a lie.He could have stopped them but he dint cuz dat wuz part of what He had 2 suffer 4 our sake.When He died,He went 2 hell to collect the keys of death from the devil thereby ensuring our freedom and salvation,to crown it all HE ROSE AND IS ALIVE NOW!

Did jesus wanted to die ?

Mark 14:36 And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke 22:42 saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2009
Can anyone sacrifice himself like jesus ?

yes

Matthew 20:22 But Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?" They said to Him, "We are able."

The christian God father is a wicked God killing his begotten son
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2009
I thank Almighty God for making me a muslim

Quran 4

40. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with Me), and fear none but Me.

41. And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'an), confirming that which is with you, [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. I, Page 253).

42. And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allah's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth) .
[b][/b]
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
i thank you cool
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
@Abuzola
I thought I explained the whole concept of spirit and flesh as per Jesus in another thread. Jesus is a spirit, but in that period when he was on earth, he had a body. When he was crucified, the body died. His spirit existed before He came to earth, and after He died, that was the same spirit that returned to heaven.

I also told you in that thread that the words God and Jesus are not interchangeable. Stop using them as so. God did not die.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2009
mactao:

@Abuzola
I thought I explained the whole concept of spirit and flesh as per Jesus in another thread. Jesus is a spirit, but in that period when he was on earth, he had a body. When he was crucified, the body died. His spirit existed before He came to earth, and after He died, that was the same spirit that returned to heaven.

I also told you in that thread that the words God and Jesus are not interchangeable. Stop using them as so. God did not die.

Its your people that are confused, you need to enlighten them that jesus is not God, he was just a Prophet or man
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by shakerz: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
This is for recognize or any other so-called Intelligent Chritian why is that your concept of God, of the trinity, of the redemption, of the resurrection and original sin mimic the believes of Mithriasism? Really, look at the history of the Midterrean religion and the similarities, such as Mithra having 12 deciples or that he was part of the trinity, that he came to wipe the sin of mankind or that he died on the cross, it is endless.

By logic of induction.

You can only come to this conlusion

1. After the religion of Pualine Christianity became the state religion of Rome, it is plausible that the mixture of paganistic religions and the religion of Abrhaham became interwined. Evidence can be seen by the christian holidays that all have pagan roots, the discoveries of mithra burial and religions places which were destroyed by Christian. If you read the reports of the early church fathers who were worred about mithra to the point that the called them the people in the cave. If you go back into older christian, like jewish christian, like the ebionites the faith and the conception of God begins to resemble Jewish and Islamic views of God. The quran was indeed right, the bible has been corrupted. Look at the history of the textual variants, the hundreds of manuscripts errors and the political envrioment sorrounding the work of the scribes. Look at the faulty counsils dictating the idea of God hundreds of years after Jesus ascended or the manuscripts, the many aprochayi writing that were once cannons but later got rejected.

Its sad that posters like recognize is defending the notion of a God dying or a trinity when these concepts have rooted in paganistic religions notions.

Here is what Judaisism and Islam and the way of all the prophets view God.

1. God is one. Not three, not two, not one, not indivisible as if he is some kind of pie.
2. God is unique. Unique in the perfect sense, that his attributes are not like his creation in any sense. If you can point to something that may resemble God in the least, like a tree or man, then that is not God. Notions of God becoming Man seem to have rooted in more paganistic cultures, those different from monotheism.
3. God is Self-Sufficient---he does not rely on others, he does not sleep like we do or eat as we do, he is unique in that sense. He does not pray to others, he is the ever-living.
4. God is not in everything--he is distinct from his creation in that he does not abide in it. You cannot find god apart of your toilet. Rather Gods knowledge is everywhere, we say God is close to you, we say he is nearby in knowledge of proximity.
5. God Does Not Die--He is ever living, ever existing and so on.

These very attributes are the very reason we worship him, and that we say none is worthy of worship. Really, a god who is killed by a handful of men, who cannot forgive, who resembles his creation, who is not unique in the perfect sense, who puts a barbarious doctrine of original sin on the innocent, is he worthy of Worship? rEALLY? Is he worthy of praise?Ask yourself and be honest. Most people will be hardpressed disagreeing with the conception of God that i posted above, it is sound and natural

Lastly God is all wise and in a certain way does not do irrational things.God has power over all things but there are certain things he has a limit on. God cannot for example be self-sufficient, otherwise he would not be God. God cannot lie since we know he is honest, he cannot be injust or not forgiving since these are his attributes.

the crux of the matter is that Jews and Muslim see God in a more honorable way, and the christians whether you like it or not, degrade God. Can you imagine God on the last day telling all the Muslims on the last day to go to hell because they saw him as self-sufficient or they refused to believe in him dying because they said God is the one who never dies and it befits his majesty or that they disbeleived the original sin because they saw God as being forgiven and not allowing people to suffer at the hands of what two people ate. I doubt a God could be just and say, listen muslims, you should have believed that i died at the hands of a few roman soldiers because i sent myself to be killed and rise to myself so i can forgive you guys or that why did you pray five times a day and say God is great or that he has no partners in his dominion and raise me to such a status when you could have believed that I, God, the greatest to have existed, was born and entered the world through the birth canal of a 12 year old virign?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by goodass(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ OP
I heard he resurrected too; I wonder how he did that! Abeg EDIT d topic and ADD '. . .and Resurrected'
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by CrudeOil2(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2009
When did he die?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2009
@crude oil , what planet are you from ? Jesus of the bible na popular celebrity on earth, the only God that die once upon a time
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2009
Abuzola:

I thank Almighty God for making me a muslim

Quran 4

40. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with Me), and fear none but Me.

41. And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'an), confirming that which is with you, [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. I, Page 253).

42. And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allah's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth) .
[/b]

[b]I thought U don't believe in God.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by goodass(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
I wont play wt u again o,Abu. .edit and add '. . .resurrected' to the topic abi u dey fear?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
God forbid. Ofiakpa
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
goodass:

I wont play wt u again o,Abu. .edit and add '. . .resurrected' to the topic abi u dey fear?

My 1st time seeing U on the religions section Goody. wink

Abuzola:

God forbid. Ofiakpa

Answer my question. Why R U thanking the Almighty God when U don't believe in him. undecided
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by goodass(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2009
yes o,Sean or i should continue 2b bad?
Abu, complete this thing naw
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2009
Be good.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2009
@seanT, God forbid i should be an atheist. God is alive, never die, Almighty

@goodyansh: Leave the topic alone,
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2009
Abuzola:

@seanT, God forbid i should be an atheist. God is alive, never die, Almighty

@goodyansh: Leave the topic alone,

There is only 1 God and he is not allah.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2009
Allah means God, so what are u saying ?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2009
I thought ilah means god??
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by goodass(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
ok o,i don leave matter.
But Just being curious here:did he ask that anyone worship him seeing he's dead?
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2009
Abi o, help me ask seanT
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2009
@seanT , Yeah illah means God, in arabic there is something we call 'BALAGA' in arabic meaning grammer, illa is used when it comes inbetween a sentence and Allah is used at the beginning of sentence, See this sample: La (no) ila (god) ha (but) ila (GOD) la (the true)
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by SeanT21(f): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2009
Thanks for the info.
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by goodass(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ Abu
funny enough, na u i dey ask dat qxn vis-a-vis ur topic
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Krayola(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2009
Allah's "messenger" Mohammed  going to deliver Allah's "message"  shocked shocked  to his "divinely" approved bride  cry cry

Allah is dirty perverted goat that approves paedophilia. 
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 24, 2009
@Abuzola, pls tell me to stop laughing,you making my day every moment on nairaland,imagine,how can a GOD die, and the lies about this just makes me look like a MUGU to have believed it all the years,Alhamdullilah am no more part of the worshipping ghost,erandboy and BABASALE,

Just leave them,we still praying for them before the QURAN vanishes when JESUS himself will come to shame them and they will wish they've believed the LAST MESSENGER
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 24, 2009
I GOT SO TIRED OF PLEADING THE BLOOD OF THE MOST NOBLE PROPHET OF GOD,COS I REALISED MY CLOTHES ALWAYS GET STAINED THAT THE ANGELS COULD NOT RECOGNISE ME AGAIN,and it always made my mouth RED like a VAMPIRE grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 6:11am On Oct 24, 2009
Kqayola, whats ur problem, check this out !

'and who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against ALLAH or denies the truth when it comes to him' Quran 29:68
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2009
'Had We (ALLAH) intended to take a pastime (i.e wife or son), We could surely have taken it from Us, if We were going to do ( that )' Quran 21:17
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by ccollins(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2009
@abuzola,u despise the riches of God goodness and forbearance and longsuffering ; not knowing dat d goodness of God lead u to repentance? But after ur hardness and impenitent heart treasures up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous jugdment of God;WHO WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS
Re: Why Should I Worship A God That Died by Abuzola(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2009
@collins

The world is believe to be bilion of years old, jesus the so called God or Yahweh came to save the world from sin two thousand years ago after the so called God Yahweh destroyed many generation with the sword aforetime, is this justice ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Story Of Bilal Or Bilaal / Inaugural End Of The Year #100,000 For Brainites And Others / 'please Stay At Home And Watch Tv: The Stadium Is Already Full' -pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.