Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,332 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics (70455 Views)

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by George2016(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
PMB if u don't know ur wife party, push her like this then u will soon know her real party.

Libration can come through her to the northern women that have been limited to kitchen care takers and other room.

Please remember that Christian Ronaldo's son, He is Lion Mercy's fance against his Father.

Nigerian women please say NO to limitation and don't accept the position of kitchen care taker and other room only.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ephi123(f): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
But she didn't belong to the kitchen when she was campaigning for you? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by eph12(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
femlex:
I believe Bugatti has failed us, but on this matter I support him, and I feel the news is over hyped. I am married, and I am from the west. The first duty of the wife, is to take care of the family including the house. She is the House Manager, any other role is secondary. I plead we spare him on this.

And what's the first duty of a husband? When she was campaigning upandan and going for one event or the other he didn't call her to order. It's now he knows she should be in the kitchen

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ephi123(f): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
raayah:

Exactly my thoughts, He's almost 74 and he's from one of the most backwards places on earth when it comes to women's rights. I am not shocked to hear this from him.

But as a president,he should know better and think about the young girls and women of his country. He's sending a very harmful message about women and he should publicly apologize and change his views.Sadly enough, Aisha has been one of the most active first ladies, his other daughter has been involved in a lot of projects all over. These are not women who belong to the kitchen. He has insulted them and their achievements.

Well said.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Nisorla(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
two of them are all wrong, for aisha to go air and say that her husband govt has been hijacked is wrong, she need to talk to buhari in the living rood or bedroom, and for buhari to say that his wife belong to his kitchen and other room is wild, he placing limit on women in govt and other life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by hucienda: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Garba el Joking von Shehu.

What saith thou now eh mr spin doctor? Hope you and your fellow confused lots aint run out of thread yet. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
If I was this Aisha I would divorce Buhari immediately and contest against him in 2019, just to prove a point that women role is not limited to the kitchen and "the other room". Clearly, this man continues to prove islam belittles women.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by jinneyb(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
Since all these itch started, i've not for a moment thought or have mixed feelings that the President made a mistake with his statement. Mrs. Aisha is his wife and her sole responsibility is to take care of his home, and doing that does not and has not in any way stopped her from performing her other duties as a woman.
I'm sure a lot of us believe because our mums are performing mothers and with that has not stopped them from taking care of our father's and us, so let's stop this talks of feminism or whatever.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by freedom96: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Women should say no to the #OtherRoom
There's nothing wrong in expressing ones convictions and I hope u re aware his wife nd kids are working women.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ephi123(f): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
tinkinjow:
Now all those who were claiming it was a joke should all be ashamed of themselves.
Even when he's offered a chance to redeem himself the ( ) would rather choose to sink himself further into the mud.
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by TeamSimple(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Women should say no to the #OtherRoom
I hope you are not from the east. Or have you started giving ladies their inheritance?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Tne dumb, senile nomad hates the bitter truth!...#with aisha i stand!
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ayo25: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Even people from the tribe where women are forbaded to inherit properties are crucifying the president for saying that his wife belongs to his kitchen. Funny hypocrisy!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by dexzzy(f): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
but wait oo,

I tink say they say he dey joke

abi no be wetin dey talk?
just asking....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ginggerxy: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
bigtt76:
Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.
so we can also say you belong to the kitchen too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by nellyelitz(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
dont't blame Shehu Garba the man was brought in to lie for Nigerians and that's his job...but bubu at times no dey remember especially when he's out of the country...

ear infection no good sha

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by zeestunner(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
raayah:

Exactly my thoughts, He's almost 74 and he's from one of the most backwards places on earth when it comes to women's rights. I am not shocked to hear this from him.

But as a president,he should know better and think about the young girls and women of his country. He's sending a very harmful message about women and he should publicly apologize and change his views.Sadly enough, Aisha has been one of the most active first ladies, his other daughter has been involved in a lot of projects all over. These are not women who belong to the kitchen. He has insulted them and their achievements.

What makes where you come from more advanced in terms of women right or anythings sef. Its the same thing all over africa. Madam americans hav a saying "play your position" meaning maintain ur lane. Buhari wouldn't have talked to her that way if she had played her position she was intruding into somting she's not a part of. There's no were our constitution recognise 1st lady simple. I don't know why femenist carry d ting for head. The guy say MY WIFE e no even say WOMEN or OUR WIVES. Na only una know una wife job but BUHARI say him wife belong to him kitchen,sitting room and other room. Una de there when dem pay bride price? Wetin com concern una

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Talasuma(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
You bunch of hyprocates, a man said his wife belong to his kitchen and other room, which means his entire house, how is that your stress, cuss the lady in question isn't even your first lady, so u guys are telling me that your wives belong to other peoples room abi?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by MrPresident1: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Women liberation, gender equality amd feminism are all dead concepts grin

Woman, your husband is your God, your duty is to serve and worship your God, it is in this that you will find great blessings
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by oloriooko(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
So when the lady was busy running all over the country campaigning for him, the old hag forgot she belonged to the kitchen?
Old foolish ungrateful cow angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
bigtt76:
Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.
And he obviously doesn't want ANOTHER PATIENT JONATHAN in the polity. grin
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by supermandoctor1: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari,you try shaa.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by katniss(f): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
Omeokachie:
But when she was mounting the podium across the nation mobilising and campaining for you you did not give her that advice!

The lame attempt by this president to paper over the cracks which his unpresidential remark has done to the psyche of the nigerian woman is nauseating.
Thank you for this comment.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by vislabraye(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
I don't believe there are people supporting him here. And worse is that some of them are women.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
No disrespect to mr, President but on these matter I stand with Aisha Buhari.

I laugh hard and loud when some goons suggested divorce as a means to silent the first lady.
This is a woman who was born and bred in a home where knowledge and learning is held in high esteem. Even before PMB asked for her hand in marriage, three of her elder brothers were Professors. Her family is wealthy, why will she be perturbed with that.

The first lady has the qualifications to speak on political issues as she holds an MSc in international relations and diplomacy. Mr President should not just shove away her constructive criticism because she is his wife.

A good leader should be able to decipher between constructive criticism and destructive criticism.
Men should not justify their action based on the tenets of religion to limit their wives to the kitchen and other room.

The last time I checked my Bible, a woman lead Isrealites out of the slavery, bondage and captivity of Jabin the Canaanite King and her name was DEBORAH.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by zeestunner(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
ojuu4u:

question u are supposed to ask urfst is that is the woman right or wrong.? if u believe she is wrong. why Nigeria is dancing backward geometrically since Buhari became president ? . why level of unrest in Nigeria is unprecedented in Nigeria history. ? thirdly, d u think Buhari can succeed in this kind of atmosphere? during Jonathan era he only had opposition outside, for Buhari o, both external nd internal oppositions. yet he wants to succeed

Pls read the interview transcript there's no were she talked about economy. She was bothered because she and some apc members who believed they brought buhari to power were angered that people they did not know were appointed into office simple. Bros read d interview abeg. Buhari has health chanllenges she should focus on that and liv appointment for who constitution gave power to appoint shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by KardinalZik(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Where is Garba Shehu? We thought this was a joke

I tire o.

That's how Shehu and Lai will come out to defend Buhari against his will. He mean everything and anything negative that he says

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by KardinalZik(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Where is Garba Shehu? We thought this was a joke

Shebi Garba Shehu run come tell us yesterday say na joke? Oya, person wey get him talk don verify am now.
Mek him come feed #Zombies with the usual lies again

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Sibrah: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
eph12:

So you seriously believe that was what cost pdp the 2015 election?
Partly.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Fasaha: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
My name is Mr Lecturer, and I am here to support the motion which says, "My wife belongs to my kitchen, my living room and the other room."
My wife is the General Manager of my Ministry of Stomach Infrastructure. She is responsible for cooking my meals and dishing them on my request. As my Store Manager, she takes charge of all available food items and draw up a list of commodities required for the smooth running of her ministry.
She is also my Minister of Interior who ensures that our Living Room is not messed up by our children or visitors. Whenever I am away, she controls the television and dictates which channels the kids watch.
As my wife, of course she also belongs to my INNER ROOM and makes her "team" available for the "Champions League", any day, any time. Beyond these, she is the Vice president of the house in terms of our working together to consolidate our matrimony and move the family forward.
However, as far as my job (as a Lecturer) is concerned, my wife only plays an advisory role and nothing more. She does not decide who passes my courses or on what grounds a student has passed or failed. If she, by accident, picks up an examination script and discovered some probable discrepancies on my part, her duty is to call my attention to it. No more, no less.

If after calling my attention to it, I refused to correct it based on my personal conviction, she has no right to go public with it or approach my employer to report me. If she do, then it is either that she has taken bribes from my students to secure them good grades, or is hell bent on sabotaging my job and destroying my life.

Aisha Buhari is the WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT and not the FIRST LADY. Let her stop destroying her husband to achieve some personal ambitions or settle some matrimonial scores.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by DonCortino: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Is it that nobody watched this video at all Nobody is talking about the first question he was asked if d girls were exchanged with anybody!!!

Buhari the president, commander in chief if the armed forces says he does not know!!!! shocked shocked Ha!

He does not know if the chibok girls were exchanged with any prisoner!!!!

We are finished oo! Aisah is right this government has been hijacked by some cabal.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by tbarrister(m): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ganiyat72:
Foooolish presidiot with savage mentality. Northerners are as backward as stone age barberians
**** is she your wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Situation In Nigerian Prison-you Don't Want To See This Pix / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.