Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics (70422 Views)

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by 4everGrand(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:

We all know the woman is saying the truth.
People are saying ought to advice him in bed not publicly. She must have done that like million times, buh the old man nor gree.

In short, truth must be told

So when u get married, u must take all the advice ur wife gives u. And whenever there is any advice u dont take, she must start discussing u in Sunday School class, or tell the congregation during testimony time, shey?

Its amazing the skewed angle people are seeing this issue from........just becos Aisha is not their wife.

Always say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ojuu4u(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
zeestunner:

Pls read the interview transcript there's no were she talked about economy. She was bothered because she and some apc members who believed they brought buhari to power were angered that people they did not know were appointed into office simple. Bros read d interview abeg. Buhari has health chanllenges she should focus on that and liv appointment for who constitution gave power to appoint shikena!

I will advise to go And re read it. she said there nt expert they need that are not in apc. she said those that are in govt were not in apc and they dnt know manifesto of apc. she also complained that ppl are coming to him that things are not working because, those appointed are not good. so if truely things are not moving forward she has every right to complain. unless if u are deceiving ursf that u will say Buhari is performing. Buhari has performed woefully. so who to blame?
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by MizTyna(f): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari did not say all women belong in the bedroom. He said his wife. And last I checked she seemed fine with it. Y'all should find something to do with yourselves and move on

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Danyayebs: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ngozi123:

If you're talking about the Igbos then I have to tell you that you are wrong here. I am living proof that this is not true.
he dint mention a tribe so what makes u think its igbos guilty conscience??
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by tosyne2much(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talasuma:
You bunch of hyprocates, a man said his wife belong to his kitchen and other room, which means his entire house, how is that your stress, cuss the lady in question isn't even your first lady, so u guys are telling me that your wives belong to other peoples room abi?
Hahahaha haha cheesy
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by logicab: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
musicwriter:

May be I'm not getting your point.

Does the Yoruba culture trample on the rights of women? If entire Nigeria was a Yoruba nation; would it be anti-culture for Aisha to speak up?

Let me know.
As most of Yoruba nation is part of Nigeria, we can tolerate other people's cultures. But even Yoruba culture will frown on Aisha's public utterances.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Danyayebs: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
MizTyna:
Buhari did not say all women belong in the bedroom. He said his wife. And last I checked she seemed fine with it. Y'all should find something to do with yourselves and move on
true talk I guess he was just pissed off cos of what she did on global tv
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Johnsinia(m): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Defending this foo.l of a President is the hardest thing to do. Even the Afonjas and zombies wont deny this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ngozi123(f): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Danyayebs:
he dint mention a tribe so what makes u think its igbos guilty conscience??

Maybe because that's what many non-Igbo posters have been saying recently? I said "if it's the Igbos you're talking about" as there's a small chance that he's not talking about Igbo people but he probably is.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Women should say no to the #OtherRoom

Your head is correct sir. May God bless your wife!
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Danyayebs: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ngozi123:

Maybe because that's what many non-Igbo posters have been saying recently? I said "if it's the Igbos you're talking about" as there's a small chance that he's not talking about Igbo people but he probably is.
ok ma
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Danyayebs: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Your head is correct sir. May God bless your wife!
lol
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by 9jatatafo(m): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
kitchen and other rooms things loading for Aisha by PMB e don red oooo
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
logicab:
As most of Yoruba nation is part of Nigeria, we can tolerate other people's cultures. But even Yoruba culture will frown on Aisha's public utterances.

I think you're rather talking for yourself, cause even in America and Europe you mentioned, some people would of course frown at such.

The question is; does Aisha have right to voice her opinion? Any culture that says "NO" to this question is far in the past.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Soldiercole(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by AfroKnight: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's funny that people here praising Aisha for speaking out could never tolerate it if their spouses disagreed with them publicly especially if they were public figures. It exposes the rift in a home to outsiders and detractors can take advantage of that. She was very wrong to air dissenting views or even lofty ones on his leadership. She was also wrong to expect to "know" the appointed officials. This is a whole nation of nations not one household where you can influence all key positions.

This woman should stay out of politics if she is not ready to advance her husband's cause. She is his wife and not our assistant president.

Saying she belongs in his kitchen is not tactful but it drives home the point to her. That is permissible in my opinion. She was very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
I know that I am a beautiful woman even without makeup.
Make him no try me o.
Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by zikter(m): 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:

We all know the woman is saying the truth.
People are saying ought to advice him in bed not publicly. She must have done that like million times, buh the old man nor gree.

In short, truth must be told
I think most of you are missing the key thing pmb said. he emphasized that, this is politics we are talking abt here. what does Aisha knows abt politics? politics especially in Nigeria is highly complicated and a President can never know or understand the people appointed in offices, especially in a kind of merger that brought him to power. so the woman shld stay out of politics. mama peace caused us enough trouble and we don't need that again.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ifeomaekol(f): 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
'I think so' the man isn't even sure what he wants from his wife. Oya ooooo madam first lady pls leave politics alone n face the kitchen and other room-shekena.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
See them.
Dem Don come again.
Political title chasers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by lookingfly: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Why didn't this kwokwo kunu drinking president say this during the last election. See how Bubu de white wash him wife.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by logicab: 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
musicwriter:

I think you're rather talking for yourself, cause even in America and Europe you mentioned, some people would of course frown at such.

The question is; does Aisha have right to voice her opinion? Any culture that says "NO" to this question is far in the past.
No, I do not speak for myself. I speak of the Yoruba code for husband/wife relations in marriage.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by jaz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
There is nothing wrong in a wife looking after her husband, but when that turns to your only function then it synonymous to modern day slavery and not in tune with the fight for emancipation and empowerment of the woman.

Further, please remember the wife of the president is also a Nigerian with rights to air her views and personal opinion on the matters of her country, as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.

Lastly, it is critical to note that the matter of gender equality is a sensitive and hotly debated issue globally and this pronouncement may be deemed as the position of the entire country whether true or false.

You can be sure that the searchlight of the global community would be focused on the country to evaluate the true situation of women and girl child.

I am sure the Northern leaders have a thing or two to say about that but that is another conversation entirely.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Women and their wahala. cheesy

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Omeokachie:

OK I get it. Now we should blame Nigerians for making Buhari allow Aisha to come out of the kitchen and the "other room", right?
am nt saying dt,my poinst is that ,u over hype aisha's effort in d emergence of buhari's presidency|
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
logicab:
No, I do not speak for myself. I speak of the Yoruba code for husband/wife relations in marriage.

Well, as I said before, such position being held by some cultures in Africa or "any where" in the world, should be repealed to allow for more women participation in the society. Thats my eternal stand.

By the way, I know you said you're a Yoruba. Are you a Yoruba muslim?
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by craves(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
all i know is that the president just spoke like a true muslim. Thats a womans primary role in islam. So no blame am, he is only being true to his faith
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
[size=20pt]Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
~Colossians 3:18, Holy Bible.[/size].

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Biibe(f): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=bigtt76 post=50247461]Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.[/quote
Ur right dear, she seems dnt want to understand where he is driving at, nd most ignorant Nigerians still dnt wana look beyond the statement.. I pray they hav some sense, nd Mrs behavior also need to borrow brain bfor it wil be too late
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Like a boss...
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by kings09(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
E pain am grin cheesy
Earth2Metahuman:
Go to bed kid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Names Of Police Officers Arrested Alongside Abba Kyari / Lagos Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Churches, Mosques & Event Centres / Kemi Adeosun Fake NYSC Exemption Certificate And Other Credentials (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.