Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,239 members, 7,860,533 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics (70458 Views)

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Earth2Metahuman: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
optimus09:

many of you are so quick to say stuffs,his for her and yet criticize.If your woman is to be glued to the kitchen and other room,thats your problem.But if u are a progressive u can give her room to grow and succeed.Go watch the series madam secretary.you will understand women can balance work and the home.She said the truth.
I'm actually up for women power..

But we are discussing politics here not gender equality..

Tell me anywhere in the world where first lady has made his husband look weak and a failure like Aisha just did..

If Aisha couldn't stand buhari or support his husband, how do you expect the electorate to have single faith in buhari?

Even Hitler's first lady committed suicide alongside her husband.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Earth2Metahuman: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
kings09:
Wow. As educated as u r, ur wife must be a slave to u. No wonder u don't hv a happy home. It reflects in ur comment
Go to bed kid.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by talktonase(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
igraman:
source or idonbilivit!
He looks so emaciated,hungry and i guess h0rrney as well because Aisha has involved herself in so much politics that her obligations as a wife have been abandoned.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by nkpommpko(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Women should say no to the #OtherRoom
I think a woman should watch what she says in public, is she for him or against him? Its really UN heard off, she is a security risk at this point.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
PRYCE01:
Buhari's just a disgrace! undecided
what of ur papa dt is nt president?if a man wit bubu anteceedent can b a disgrace
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ngozi123(f): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ayo25:
Even people from the tribe where women are forbaded to inherit properties are crucifying the president for saying that his wife belongs to his kitchen. Funny hypocrisy!

If you're talking about the Igbos then I have to tell you that you are wrong here. I am living proof that this is not true.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by mike85060: 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lady G, lets meet in the other room
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by awa(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Obviously, Buhari should know that Aisha belongs to no room and belongs to every room.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Omeokachie:
But when she was mounting the podium across the nation mobilising and campaining for you you did not give her that advice!

The lame attempt by this president to paper over the cracks which his unpresidential remark has done to the psyche of the nigerian woman is nauseating.
lol.buhari contested 3times nd nobody knw aisha,it was nigerians dt force him to allow aisha come to public

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Ahmadgani(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
frank202012:

If I be God ehn, I will make sure u end up with a man that will subject you to the kitchen and the other room.
I pity women zombies supporting apc,if Aisha bubu's wife for 27yrs belongs to the kitchen nd other room
Which mean u commoners will belong to bathroom nd toilet.
the woman in question is a holder of a master degree. Apart from this, she own a cosmetic shop .

As an african man with core african values tell me where your wife belongs to, other than your kitchen, your living room and your other room.
Probably she belongs to a brothel, resturan, wine bar or even a hotel room. Am i right or left
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by AreaFada2: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:

We all know the woman is saying the truth.
People are saying ought to advice him in bed not publicly. She must have done that like million times, buh the old man nor gree.

In short, truth must be told
In fact she has got fed up talking without Bubu heeding. She's talking on behalf of people she met on the campaign train. How much effort they put in before being sidelined. In deed most have reached out to her and she knows they have a point.

She's actually doing Buhari a big favour. Letting people know that many things going on are caused by a cabal.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by md4u2: 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nigeria government has become a man no man and kitchen politics
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
logicab:

Prove a point by spending money she doesn't have? OK na. For your information, this is Nigeria and not Europe.

And you don't want us to be like Europe? Across the ocean, Hilary Clinton is almost certain to become the next US president as well. And someone in this 21st century still believes the role of women belongs to the kitchen? Indeed, this archaic islamic mentality is why we'll not be like Europe soon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by sekundosekundo: 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
BALLOSKI:
shut up! It was when the campaign train hit Ogun state that she was drawn in on the request of Tinubu.

But did Buhari tell her that time to go to kitchen.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by logicab: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
musicwriter:

And you don't want us to be like Europe? Across the ocean, Hilary Clinton is almost certain to become the next US president as well. And someone in this 21st century still believes the role of women belongs to the kitchen? Indeed, this achaic islamic mentality is why we'll not be like Europe soon.
No I don't want "us" to be like Europe and I speak of the Yoruba nation only. I don't know about others, but Yoruba culture never suppressed women. Check cultures with heroines (female heroes) and you know what the culture thinks about females. Interestingly this culture of female suppression (and racism) sprang from Europe; now the suppressed women are leading a "revolution" which of course will baffle women from liberated cultures.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by biggie73(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
I am not even going to get angry anymore.I'm just going to expect the lowest from the people I thought the highest of.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Omeokachie: 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
lol.buhari contested 3times nd nobody knw aisha,it was nigerians dt force him to allow aisha come to public

OK I get it. Now we should blame Nigerians for making Buhari allow Aisha to come out of the kitchen and the "other room", right?
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by rabex123(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:
I can't blame him cos that's how it is in the North. Their wives are Limited to kitchen and other rooms, even to enter the husbands bedroom, you must fill forms.
That's the reason why this president keep saying this, but he should know he is saying it in a wrong way in the presence of wrong people and also at a wrong time.
He should know that, his wife as the first lady can't just keep mute and be a kind of ghost. Not possible.

Many woman fought for the freedom of women so as to participate in the society and it's also to relieve the men.

Mr President, know this, what you're trying to do now is to limit the women. You're going back to the time of old. And also my own wife o will not be Limited to the kitchen, some rooms and other rooms, but will own the house as a whole and will also contribute to the society positively. Think well and make restitution privately i suggest

Hmmmm ....oyinbo continue deceiving yourself.

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by naijalander: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
I think what he meant to say is that she should focus her primary role in his life and leave the hard decisions to him. Her doing an interview in the first place and saying what she said is bad enough. I'm sure Mohammadu knows his way around certain things, its all about survival but she could have kept it on the down low. Now the media is going to spin it one way or another. This does not mean he doesn't value her advice.

raayah:

Exactly my thoughts, He's almost 74 and he's from one of the most backwards places on earth when it comes to women's rights. I am not shocked to hear this from him.

But as a president,he should know better and think about the young girls and women of his country. He's sending a very harmful message about women and he should publicly apologize and change his views.Sadly enough, Aisha has been one of the most active first ladies, his other daughter has been involved in a lot of projects all over. These are not women who belong to the kitchen. He has insulted them and their achievements.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by rabex123(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
raayah:

Exactly my thoughts, He's almost 74 and he's from one of the most backwards places on earth when it comes to women's rights. I am not shocked to hear this from him.

But as a president,he should know better and think about the young girls and women of his country. He's sending a very harmful message about women and he should publicly apologize and change his views.Sadly enough, Aisha has been one of the most active first ladies, his other daughter has been involved in a lot of projects all over. These are not women who belong to the kitchen. He has insulted them and their achievements.
Shut up your mouth..your here making silly comments..go and read ! Affirmation again..before putting ur hands to use.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
tintingz:
In as much as Buhari statement degraded women, I think he wants to avoid the mistake Jonathan did, allowing PEJ into politics messing up the election.

Why drag the Jonathans into the Buharis lack of companionship. Your own Jonathanphobia is incurable. Mtchww.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
logicab:
No I don't want "us" to be like Europe and I speak of the Yoruba nation only. I don't know about others, but Yoruba culture never suppressed women. Check cultures with heroines (female heroes) and you know what the culture thinks about females. Interestingly this culture of female suppression (and racism) sprang from Europe; now the suppressed women are leading a "revolution" which of course will baffle women from liberated cultures.

Good to know that, as I was myself talking about African culture in general which have leadership roles for women.

And, don't get me wrong!. Being like Europe doesn't mean copying everything European, but rather upholding those that are in accord with African ideals.

Since our African culture upholds freedom for women as you acknowledged, then women should have right to rule as well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by exlinkleads(f): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
were is that mad man that said Buhari was joking

I hope he will come out again and say he was joking on this one again

because you are been paid does not mean you have to be foolish.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by ExInferis(m): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
this man looks dangerously ill.

#Atiku2019
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by logicab: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
musicwriter:

Since our African culture upholds freedom for women as you acknowledged, then women should have right to rule as well.
I said Yoruba, not African. We both know not all African culture have female liberation.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Engrdan(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
We taught you are not a politician and we think you wouldn't govern us like a politicians, so it's now you now a politician and you under the game of politics more than your wife abi, all eye is watching you.come 2019 you go know which one.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by GindoX(m): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
adekayo1234:
Hmmmn... Baba is becoming senile but truth be told, Aisha self bleeped up. Some things are not meant to be said openly

Wetin the Aisha talk gan gan!...

I dey ma check wetin dey go on in the other room. grin
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
jaymejate:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by musicwriter(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
logicab:
I said Yoruba, not African. We both know not all African culture have female liberation.

May be I'm not getting your point.

Does the Yoruba culture trample on the rights of women? If entire Nigeria was a Yoruba nation; would it be anti-culture for Aisha to speak up?

Let me know.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
I'm actually up for women power..

But we are discussing politics here not gender equality..

Tell me anywhere in the world where first lady has made his husband look weak and a failure like Aisha just did..

If Aisha couldn't stand buhari or support his husband, how do you expect the electorate to have single faith in buhari?

Even Hitler's first lady committed suicide alongside her husband.

President Buhari wants to protect her from the bloody politics of Nigerian government.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by 4everGrand(m): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
andyboi4real:
The old man Ain't Far 4rm The Truth Bt He Should First Sack The Chefs And Cleaners He Has, so his wife can make it her full time job... cos it seems She Doesn't Have 1 Apart 4rm Saying Stupid Things In Unnecessary Interviews.

Dont mind her. Queen Vashti was replaced. Its a pity she has never read d Bible.
Re: Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics by Orikinla(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
bigtt76:
Absolutely! The man knows the forces he's up to and wants his wife out of harms way ...buh she doesn't seem to understand. Words of an elder it is.
The duty of the wife is to look after the husband.
That's why he married her and not to become his Chief Political Adviser.
Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012 / Names Of Police Officers Arrested Alongside Abba Kyari / Osinbajo And Tinubu Embrace Each Other At ICC (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.