Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening (27717 Views)

Norway Prison Vs UNILAG Hostel. What A Pity! (Photos) / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter / UI Vs OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by UIvents(m): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
mbhs139:

I am a post graduate student of statistics at the university of lagos, and i've been ruminating on what to write as my project topic. If you don't mind, may be I should just adopt this your calculation and submit it as my projetc, or may be we can collabo to write a paper on this. That is if we can lay our hands on the methods used by all the schools.

Very nice concept you have up there. Kudos!

Mail me.
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by OEDA(f): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ui still remain the best, nd u must work hard to get the best if u really desire it....anyway I wish all the prospective uites d best nd am proud to be an alumnus of the first and the best
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by 1afrika: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
UIvents:

Frustrate? How?

And you said this yourself ''credited to the new boss''. Is he the one who introduced the method? Was his not his predecessor? He's just trying to revert the mistake made by his predecessor, according to his actions including the TETFUND ish.

Then you said Jamb's stance was never clumsy, were you not in the country when Jamb said she was going to use a particular point method, only to say that the senate of each school has the ability to determine the admission criteria a few days later.
What about when they said they are to give admission to aspirants only or so and then forward the list to each school only to go back on their words some days later.

We get that the new boss is trying to give a new look to Jamb, but the milk is already spilt. His predecessor's policy can't be erased now. At least, it'll use a year more.

@boldened, read the history of UI's post-utme, you'll know when.

In your own words, Peace.

U ve just lost loads of credibilty point from d above post despite d fact dt u r a blogger who seeks credibilty.
It's just unforunate that you capitalize on speculations and run-on fallacies instead of objective inferences and reporting.
I challenge you to reference your following words while I'll give u detailed official references to the contrary bro
*when and where jamb said point system shud b employed for ds year's admission
* when and where jamb said she'll give aspirants admission, as a matter of fact prof Dibu promised dt jamb would stop issuing admission letter this year.

You are about originating anoda misconception from my last msg, kindly check again, i never said d new jamb boss made requests on TETFUND. Why not find out what his requests were? They concern his board. TETFUND has its own boss.
None of d new jamb boss moves has been contrary to his immediate predecessor's. Seek clarifications where neccessary pls.
On UI's putme, story, if u need clarifications, kindly ask here. I shall gladly tell u, categorically, anyth u seek about it.
Lastly, I'll chose to ignore ur "I can see u are an aspirant" speculation.
Speculations are dangerous man, find out the cause of world war 1. Verify things b4 drawing conclusions.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by UIvents(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
1afrika:

U ve just lost loads of credibilty point from d above post despite d fact dt u r a blogger who seeks credibilty.
It's just unforunate that you capitalize on speculations and run-on fallacies instead of objective inferences and reporting.
I challenge you to reference your following words while I'll give u detailed official references to the contrary bro
*when and where jamb said point system shud b employed for ds year's admission
* when and where jamb said she'll give aspirants admission, as a matter of fact prof Dibu promised dt jamb would stop issuing admission letter this year.

You are about originating anoda misconception from my last msg, kindly check again, i never said d new jamb boss made requests on TETFUND. Why not find out what his requests were? They concern his board. TETFUND has its own boss.
None of d new jamb boss moves has been contrary to his immediate predecessor's. Seek clarifications where neccessary pls.
On UI's putme, story, if u need clarifications, kindly ask here. I shall gladly tell u, categorically, anyth u seek about it.
Lastly, I'll chose to ignore ur "I can see u are an aspirant" speculation.
Speculations are dangerous man, find out the cause of world war 1. Verify things b4 drawing conclusions.
Peace.

Bro, you're the one who should seek clarification/verification.

http://punchng.com/jamb-adopts-point-system-option-2016-admissions/

Peace.
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by 1afrika: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
UIvents:

Bro, you're the one who should seek clarification/verification.

http://punchng.com/jamb-adopts-point-system-option-2016-admissions/

Peace.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/jamb-says-point-system-circulation-not-criteria-admission/

Kindly note dt vanguard quoted jamb's spokesman in response to that ur punch reference. News is more than just papers bro.
Who did dt punch news quote sir?
Peace.

1 Like

Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by UIvents(m): 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
1afrika:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/jamb-says-point-system-circulation-not-criteria-admission/

Kindly note dt vanguard quoted jamb's spokesman in response to that ur punch reference. News is more than just papers bro.
Who did dt punch news quote sir?
Peace.

It was copied on a document on Jamb's website.
Wasn't it Jamb that was supposed to have done a press release to avoid speculations like that of Punch? Were they supposed to wait for the spread of doubts before clarifying it?
Even see the span between the release of the 2 articles.
Punch- July 5
Vanguard- July 11
Were they supposed to wait that long before clarifying an issue that affects all aspirants; up to 1 million?

And you said Jamb's stance was never clumsy. See yourself now.
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
1afrika:

Well said bro.
The whole grading system is hypocrisy.
A1 grade isn't 100marks yet attracts maximum points but no one has ever had 400 in jamb exams over d years yet only aspirants with 400 can score the maximum points in utme.
Y grading exams with different result presentation alike?
The scoring system will b fair if
* candidates' utme scores in their utme subjects can b graded just like o'level: A1-C6 nd the four utme subjects graded. At least, a credit pass in d 5th o'level relevant subject will just b a must.
With d above, having 50 max points in both o'level nd utme will b synonymous.
As it's, our admission processes is a "poo" that needs urgent overhaul.
Peace.
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by 1afrika: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
UIvents:

It was copied on a document on Jamb's website.
Wasn't it Jamb that was supposed to have done a press release to avoid speculations like that of Punch? Were they supposed to wait for the spread of doubts before clarifying it?
Even see the span between the release of the 2 articles.
Punch- July 5
Vanguard- July 11
Were they supposed to wait that long before clarifying an issue that affects all aspirants; up to 1 million?

And you said Jamb's stance was never clumsy. See yourself now.

grin grin
.. ." Speculations like that of punch"
* I laff in Hebrew*
Pls, was it d delay in d dispel of d rumor dt made it clumsy or what?
Thank God d document is still on jamb website. Kindly quote where it was stated dt point system will b used. Why should we interprete presumptively?
Like Dr. Fabian said, it was an illustration of how some schools admit without putme nd each of the examined cases were faulted in dt document.
A latest presentation by prof. Oloyede to d Association of VCs has just b released on jamb site again. Jamb's stance was again stressed, It has never changed. Check it out.
Kindly reference where jamb said she will give aspirants admission too sir.
Peace
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by micskales(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
1afrika:

Are you "whyning" me?
They studied d results gotten from what method?
Let me set d aetiology of my disquietude clear, "calling such system 50/50 is dubious, illogical and like taking Nigerians for fools". If they like they can choose to use 70/30 or even 90/10 o'level/utme. Afterall no1 complained during their 60/40 days?
It's just unfortunate dt dey are like eating their vomitus now, in a bad manner tho.

There's nothing like false hope once the process is transparent. Do u think ppl with 70 will complain if d cut off was set as 90 for law? Of course they won't, as long as there was a levelled playing ground, just like in unilag's case.
Change of course has always been free in UI.
No aspirant in unilag can score below 50 as aggregate which showed equal regard for both olevel and utme (5 C6 nd 200 = 50) BUT how do u explain to someone with 310 nd 5C6 having 47. 05 when her friend with 5 B3 and 200 ended up with 67.9 as aggregate.
For unilag their aggregate will be 63. 75 against 65 which is a true reflection of equality. Forget about whether d latter eventually got admitted. 1 had excellent point from utme but low o'level points nd vice versa for the other. Their aggregate should b close.
With unilag's method, high aggregate can't be as a result of excellence in just 1 of o'level or utme, which is fair if cut off points soar.
The psychological pain of oppression and marginalization is enough to kill some minds.
Peace.
very bad for UI to the extent that if you use two sittings, the subject in the second sittings will be divided by 2. i.e a candidate that applied for computer science and have the following grades in waec English (c4) maths (B3) chemistry (b2) biology (c4) physics (d7) but decided the candidate had (b3) in neco so he decided to use two sittings, but since the grades in the second sittings will be divided by 2, the grade will be 2 instead of 4 for (b3) in the second sittings. Why am I saying this ?, let assumed u need the 4 point to make up to 50 but since the 4 in the second result will be divided by 2 and u will be left with 2, u will have 48 instead of 50, and u will be denied of admission, it's unfair we were not told before registration and u can't change it again once ur result is out.
Re: UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening by Godhead4(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
It's all changed now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic School Fees For 2019/2020 Session - Talkgeria / See What These Two IMSU First Class Graduates Received At Their Induction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.