Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? (4917 Views)

Programmers, How Can I Do This? / Programmers how much do you earn monthly? / This Recession Would Be Worse In 2017.. I.T Is Taking Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Abeg PM me your address make i dey pack come straight away.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
haggai247:
advice for all would be and advanced programmers find a community with 247 electricity like me and you won't complain
and you get inspiration for the good or the bad

I'm lucky cause I use an inverter so I almost never feel the electricity situation

2 Likes

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Sibrah: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2016
I have been thinking about getting a 9-cell laptop battery from amazon lately. In my estimate 1 full charge should sustain me for 5.5 hours. If i can get two of such battery, then better.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Sibrah: 1:21am On Nov 04, 2016
FincoApps:

I'm lucky cause I use an inverter so I almost never feel the electricity situation
What size of inverter are you using? What the charging source/method?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Sibrah:
What size of inverter are you using? What the charging source/method?

It's 1.5Kva. If a 50 inch TV is on, it can last for about 5-6 hours I think. I hardly ever watch TV so it can go about 16 hours just with my laptop...Then there's gen.... I'm never out of electricity....

NEPA has left the option for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Sibrah: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
FincoApps:

It's 1.5Kva. If a 50 inch TV is on, it can last for about 5-6 hours I think. I hardly ever watch TV so it can go about 16 hours just with my laptop...Then there's gen.... I'm never out of electricity....

NEPA has left the option for me
I will soon get there too . . . When I do I have my eyes set on 3.5kva capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by okwyee(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2016
FincoApps:

Hey man, ah...
I intend to start learning programming, web dev
actually, so i want to buy a laptop with these
specs 2gb ram, 500gb storage, Intel pentium,
HP at 35k (its my friend's, so I've used it
before and its okay and neat. and is it too
expensive at 35k?).
Please what Do you advise?
I buy it or save up for a better one? (if this,
what specs do you recommend?)
And I intend to learn with this one, and
probably do some small small personal
projects with it (so I should get another one
when I start doing some hardcore stuffs that is
if this won't match what you recommend/what
I intend doing). I would appreciate your reply
very soon, before another interested buyer
beats me to it.. Thanks man
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
okwyee:

Hey man, ah...
I intend to start learning programming, web dev
actually, so i want to buy a laptop with these
specs 2gb ram, 500gb storage, Intel pentium,
HP at 35k (its my friend's, so I've used it
before and its okay and neat. and is it too
expensive at 35k?).
Please what Do you advise?
I buy it or save up for a better one? (if this,
what specs do you recommend?)
And I intend to learn with this one, and
probably do some small small personal
projects with it (so I should get another one
when I start doing some hardcore stuffs that is
if this won't match what you recommend/what
I intend doing). I would appreciate your reply
very soon, before another interested buyer
beats me to it.. Thanks man

I think that config is okay. Although I won't be able to use it but I once used that kinda laptop

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
Whytelyon:
It's not only killing me, it's almost ending my career as a programmer.

This nation so far is the worst place to have this type of skill. No lite, no people to patronise you. You make a call to put forward a solution they slam the phone on you. Micro finance banks which cannot afford the big names, don't want you doing anything for them either.

Sometimes I wish to move to another nation where I would be king there, where do I go, Rwanda? This is why many people code malwares and use it... against their will.
please how does your life as a programmer look like, i just finished my degree exams two months ago and am considering some couple of skills to acquire while waiting for my NYSC call up, which i can also use to sustain my self while waiting for my dream job. Programming is one of the skills am passionate about, and i just want to know if i can sustain my self with it if the job is not fort coming, you all know the current situation of the country in terms of job seeking. Do you think i should go on or learn another skill?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
denkyw:
please how does your life as a programmer look like, i just finished my degree exams two months ago and am considering some couple of skills to acquire while waiting for my NYSC call up, which i can also use to sustain my self while waiting for my dream job. Programming is one of the skills am passionate about, and i just want to know if i can sustain my self with it if the job is not fort coming, you all know the current situation of the country in terms of job seeking. Do you think i should go on or learn another skill?

I'd say one thing. If you have to learn a skill,its a good thing,but learn and you can go to neighbourhood nations nd sell your service there. Nigeria is not a favourable place to work in with certain skills.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
Whytelyon:

I'd say one thing. If you have to learn a skill,its a good thing,but learn and you can go to neighbourhood nations nd sell your service there. Nigeria is not a favourable place to work in with certain skills.
aright, thanks for Your urgent response, i grasp your point
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 10, 2016
I understand that with the hike of dollar even most commercial banks buy dollar at the official rate and sell more than the black market rate recently I just entered into FOREX and I will sell dollar at $1/#455

concerning the electricity issue FG is working on it the last time I check

please do any of you know MQL4. OR 5
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by holuphisayor(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2016
@dhtml18
Sent u a pm, need you to help check some lines of code for possible errors.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by spoilerx: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2016
haggai247:
advice for all would be and advanced programmers find a community with 247 electricity like me and you won't complain
and you get inspiration for the good or the bad

or buy an inverter
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by noibilism(m): 8:57am On Nov 17, 2016
Recession is just a word jare!
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by idsolar(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2016
1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp - NEW
2. Emel inverter 1.5kva, 24v (used) for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Whytelyon:
It's not only killing me, it's almost ending my career as a programmer.

This nation so far is the worst place to have this type of skill. No lite, no people to patronise you. You make a call to put forward a solution they slam the phone on you. Micro finance banks which cannot afford the big names, don't want you doing anything for them either.

Sometimes I wish to move to another nation where I would be king there, where do I go, Rwanda? This is why many people code malwares and use it... against their will.

To be honest, developing a unique solution driven app in Nigeria is %100 frustrating. From PHCN/IKEDC/IBEDC not distributing electricity proportionally to investors promising and failing and even economic recession and other fvcking things that messes things up. Steve Jobs and Steve Woz started from their garage, Zuckerberg started from school. With all the shitty things going on won't I faint in my garage if I try to copy Steve?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by saintobas: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
dhtml18:
How market nao?
yoo boss i have send a pm, pls reply
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

To be honest, developing a unique solution driven app in Nigeria is %100 frustrating. From PHCN/IKEDC/IBEDC not distributing electricity proportionally to investors promising and failing and even economic recession and other fvcking things that messes things up. Steve Jobs and Steve Woz started from their garage, Zuckerberg started from school. With all the shitty things going on won't I faint in my garage if I try to copy Steve?

Obviously that's what I was saying. And yet, you went to school, parents would always advise "use your certificate to get a job,don't do fraud otherwise EFCC would come..." Yet political moguls steal billions of naira and rely on foreign hands to do their job for them and fix them own kids in big places. What's wrong with Nigerians developing software and Nigerian banks and big companies using our software. I weep for them.

Caribbean nations are visa free. 3months, 6 months, maybe if you thinking what am thinking, Use your skills to make money, Hook or crooks go there and register your business and see if you can do stuff for them.

That's what I'm thinking.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by A7(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Dhtml18 fincoapps afam4eva

I intended to buy a domain & hosting package very soon.

Which bank can I go to? What can I ask for?

The only thing in my mind right now is to walk into any of the banks, open my computer and show them a saved page from hostgator, namecheap, or godaddy's billing page, and ask if they provide this kind of online transaction service.

Which card can I go for please.?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 1:29am On Nov 19, 2016
A7:

The only thing in my mind right now is to walk into any of the banks, open my computer and show them a saved page from hostgator, namecheap, or godaddy's billing page, and ask if they provide this kind of online transaction service.

I have never experienced any restriction for payments....

I'm currently very angry now because I thought the recent restriction would affect me, so YESTERDAY, I went to go tamper with a ridiculously priced product online and I got an equally ridiculous debit alert mtcheeeew.

I use Access and GT Bank and I can definitely still pay for things online
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by A7(m): 2:48am On Nov 19, 2016
FincoApps:

What a relief.!

Some people were saying almost all Nigerian issued cards are being rejected, it scares me a lot.

FincoApps:
I'm currently very angry now because I thought the recent restriction would affect me, so YESTERDAY, I went to go tamper with a ridiculously priced product online and I got an equally ridiculous debit alert mtcheeeew.

Alot of things are ridiculous, country's foreign reserves and how it affects the exchange rate is at best a modern day sorcery. What if a country doesn't export much or doesn't have expensive commodity to export?

And what is the purpose of IMF hoodwinking countries with weaker currencies to continue devaluing knowing fully well not all governments or companies increase workers salaries in such situations.

FincoApps:

Which of the Gtbank's credit card do you use? On their website they have options like "Naira mastercard", "dollar credit card", "Visa classic credit card", "standard credit mastercard" e.t.c. Which one will I request for?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by bot101(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2016
FincoApps:

grin grin Shit happens bro, enjoy whatever it is you bought.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
A7:

What a relief.!

Some people were saying almost all Nigerian issued cards are being rejected, it scares me a lot.

Alot of things are ridiculous, country's foreign reserves and how it affects the exchange rate is at best a modern day sorcery. What if a country doesn't export much or doesn't have expensive commodity to export?

And what is the purpose of IMF hoodwinking countries with weaker currencies to continue devaluing knowing fully well not all governments or companies increase workers salaries in such situations.

Which of the Gtbank's credit card do you use? On their website they have options like "Naira mastercard", "dollar credit card", "Visa classic credit card", "standard credit mastercard" e.t.c. Which one will I request for?

I dunno the card o. GTB Grammar is too much. It's a Master card though
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
bot101:

grin grin Shit happens bro, enjoy whatever it is you bought.

Hahahaha sure oo
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by A7(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
FincoApps:

I dunno the card o. GTB Grammar is too much. It's a Master card though

Most importers here usually recommend the "Gtbank naira mastercard". But recently they're complaining about $100 per month transaction limit. I'll still go for it.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
A7:

Most importers here usually recommend the "Gtbank naira mastercard". But recently they're complaining about $100 per month transaction limit. I'll still go for it.

All these limits ehn.... yet I dey get steady debit alert na wa

Well I'm starting to think they only apply to Nigerian companies or so or maybe my card escaped
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Afam4eva(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
A7:

You can conveniently shop with most mastercard and visa cards from most banks. But personally, i use GTB and Zenith mastercards and i can shop in 95% of websites in the world.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by A7(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
Afam4eva:

You can conveniently shop with most mastercard and visa cards from most banks. But personally, i use GTB and Zenith mastercards and i can shop in 95% of websites in the world.

Thanks. I settle for Gtb.

Which of the Gtb cards are you using? Naira master card? Which one please.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
Money laundering is going on here
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by uzoexcel(m): 6:38am On Nov 24, 2016
Nigger hush if u got nothing to contribute
MuhammaduBuhari:
Money laundering is going on here
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Eddodoh(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2016
How do I add hyperlinks to word using HTML code?

I have tried this and it's not working cos I don't see anything that has been highlighted and ready for click and redirect.

<a href=www.eddykenworld.com.ng>Click Here</a>

I am not a programmer but I was advised to use something like the one above.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Onagofly / How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.