Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity (26079 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Fresh Prawns Available In Large Quantity / Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello friends,
I want buy tubers of yam in large quantity. I buy to resell. If you are a farmer and you can arrange for vehicle to carry the yams to the customers pls drop your number and how much you sell. For now how many tubers of yam can N10, N20k buy from your farm..pls add transport cost. Thanks and waiting for your response.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by ComrdDRS: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
Where do you base? I base in Benue come lets explore the FOOD BASKET STATE. EVERGREENTERSOO@GMAIL.COM
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
ComrdDRS:
Where do you base? I base in Benue come lets explore the FOOD BASKET STATE. EVERGREENTERSOO@GMAIL.COM
I am based in Ogun State. I need details in my email free20ebooks@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 4:19am On Oct 19, 2016
More yam farmers...
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Ladila: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Yam available in Niger State

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 5:10am On Oct 31, 2016
Ladila:
Yam available in Niger State
I am based in ogun state. Can you transport to my state? What is the the total cost of transportation? reach me *@

free20ebooks@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Jilo83(m): 5:16am On Oct 31, 2016
Then come to Igboho Oyo state
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
Jilo83:
Then come to Igboho Oyo state
drop your number
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by NickUwaifo: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2016
Hello,
I must say this is a very good and profitable business that some people don't know about. They feel it's just a business for those mallam people but trust me those men are raking in serious money and some people have also taken advantage of this opportunity.

Now I am just about to venture into the business and I have been putting everything in place. My first order will be taking place this week.

I have made good contacts with farmers in Benue State where they have the biggest yam market in West Africa. The yams are sold in kwarai which is per 100tubers. This means one kwarai is 100 tubers of yams.

The price varies depending on size. A kwarai of small yams go for about N8,000. Medium size yams is sold at about N12,000 per kwarai and then the very large yams go for around N18,000 per kwarai.
Transport from the market there to Lagos mile 12 is N2500 per kwarai.

I will keep you updated on how it goes because I will be happy to assist other people who can't go to Benue State get their yams as well.

This is a very good business and I am very confident with the profit to be made.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by pointstores(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
if u have a bus it makes it easy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2016
@NickUwaifo
Can you transport to my location in Ijoko, Ogun State?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by BossMarvel: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2016
gabsoft:
@NickUwaifo
Can you transport to my location in Ijoko, Ogun State?

Good day sir,
I am into this business and I go to Benue State regularly to buy yams in kwarai then sell to those Hausa guys at mile 12 market to make sharp money. You can get vehicles from the market that load and pass through your route and can discharge them for you there. The truth is you will hardly find anyone who will carry yams and come to deliver it to you before you pay. You either have to go there yourself to buy the yams or you look for a trusted person who can be helping you buy the yams and loading it for you to your destination. I believe they will only charge you nothing above #2500 per kwarai for transport to ogun state because that's the price to Lagos mile 12 and I think it's the same price range.
This is the season for yams and it is moving very fast now.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 10:49am On Nov 02, 2016
BossMarvel:

Good day sir,
I am into this business and I go to Benue State regularly to buy yams in kwarai then sell to those Hausa guys at mile 12 market to make sharp money. You can get vehicles from the market that load and pass through your route and can discharge them for you there. The truth is you will hardly find anyone who will carry yams and come to deliver it to you before you pay. You either have to go there yourself to buy the yams or you look for a trusted person who can be helping you buy the yams and loading it for you to your destination. I believe they will only charge you nothing above #2500 per kwarai for transport to ogun state because that's the price to Lagos mile 12 and I think it's the same price range.
angry
BossMarvel:

Good day sir,
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2016
gabsoft:
angry
Can you be of help?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by biggal: 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Make una post pix of different sizes and dia prices
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Jilo83(m): 6:33am On Nov 03, 2016
gabsoft:

drop your number
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by confluence: 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
@gabsoft,
Am currently in Benue state
Largest yam market in West Africa
Your location may be a problem
Most trucks heading to Lagos deliver straight o to mile12
You may get in touch with me when our truck get to Lagos you can arrange how to get to you in Ogun state
Like what quantity are you looking at?

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
I want to buy yams in kwarai. Pls state your price and you can deliver it to ogun.
Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Goodcare(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please I also need info ask a am also interested in this business please kindly contact ne via goodcare2008@gmail.com

Am starting with a minimum of 50k

thanks
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 6:42am On Mar 28, 2017
gabsoft:
I want to buy yams in kwarai. Pls state your price and you can deliver it to ogun.
Thanks in advance.

How many kwarai of yam can you buy?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by olaide721(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2017
I will like to know more about this business
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
classicTutor:

How many kwarai of yam can you buy?
I want to start with 4 kwarai
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
gabsoft:

I want to start with 4 kwarai

OK sir! I can help you if you r ready for business!
Presently there is no direct vehicle for that number of kwarai except you pick your goods in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Goodcare:
Please I also need info ask a am also interested in this business please kindly contact ne via goodcare2008@gmail.com

Am starting with a minimum of 50k

thanks
Your location brother?
I can be of help! Or better still call or WhatsApp me on
My Location Nasarawa State!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
[url][/url]
olaide721:
I will like to know more about this business

Hello! Yam business is a nice investment/business you can start with low startup capital. You can make your ROI immediately your goods enter market! Like other farm produces yam also have it season ranging from August to December across the country. Yam are very surplus around august to october in western part of the country while north central States like Benue, Nasarawa and Niger have yams in abundance Sept-November!

Now we are in off-season! Yam are too cost in the market cos farmers are buying seedlings for new planting. Yam business is less risky unlike tomatoes and the rest!

We buy yam per kwarai "kwarai" means 100 tubers of yam. The price per kwarai depend on the size and type of the yam you are buying.

I can help you if you r interested in this business! I buy from nasarawa and Benue states!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
classicTutor:

OK sir! I can help you if you r ready for business!
Presently there is no direct vehicle for that number of kwarai except you pick your goods in Lagos. If you can pick it in Lagos call or WhatsApp me on 07017118963 I am ready for business!

like how many days, when will i pick it from Lagos if i pay on Moday?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Goodcare(m): 12:17am On Mar 29, 2017
classicTutor:

Your location brother?
I can be of help! Or better still call or WhatsApp me on 07017118963
My Location Nasarawa State!

Thank you am just going through your reply now I will chart you and call you tomorrow
I reside in iddo oyingbo
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Thank you Mr. Promise and Elijah Funminiyi

I will advice everyone that interested in this line of business to do his or her market survey very well! Know the type of yam that is moving in your area and price.

The business is of two fold.
1. Bulk dealer: these are big players in the market. They buy in bulk and sell at give away price in the market. These set of people buy minimum of 10 kwarai I.e 1000 tubers and sell their goods off immediately. You can join this group irrespective of ur startup and you know how to penetrate the market.

2.Retailers are second set of people. They buy in lesser quantities and resell their stock in group of five or ten. These people make a killer profit because they buy directly from farmers and getting it down to final consumers.

NB: please your market survey is very crucial! In whichever group you find urself ur startup capital does not stop u to penetrate the market.

For those that have been calling and sending messages I say thank you
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2017
gabsoft:

like how many days, when will i pick it from Lagos if i pay on Moday?
To buy yam for you is not a problem! You can get it two or three days after!
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by akindlesfarm: 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
pls I'll love to be sure on how much yam seed cost.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
classicTutor:

To buy yam for you is not a problem! You can get it two or three days after!

One more question pls.
Is it pay at pick up? Or how do you do the payment? I wud prefer pay at pickup point if you dont mind. Thanks
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2017
gabsoft:

One more question pls.
Is it pay at pick up? Or how do you do the payment? I wud prefer pay at pickup point if you dont mind. Thanks

Thanks for ur interest bro! Im sorry I have done that before and was disappointed. We both agreed on number of kwarais and price but on getting down to her location I met shock of my life.

Now buyers send money and I buy for them. Or better still we do it 50/50 you send 50% of agreed price while balance on delivery. If you r not OK by this you can come around and buy your tubers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.