Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. (6222 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / The Heroes Called Atheists. / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by honourhim: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Dear brethren in Christ,

we all know that atheism simply means unbelief in God. Taking a critical look at the activities of certain individuals in this forum who parade themselves as atheists, it is obvious that they actually can be referred to as anti-religion cult. These group of individuals have a gathering point just like the religious people, they preach against God just as we preach the goodness of God, they testify against God just as we testify God's goodness. They have their leaders who they chorus yes to everything they say just as religious people do.
The irony of it is that these same people are the ones that will turn around to condemn the activities of christians when they too are replicating same in their circle. In no distant time we will see these people replicating all the practices of christianity in their own way.
It is obvious that the attitude of these people falls appropriately into that of anti-religion cult than atheism. I therefore urge you my brethren to henceforth see them as anti-religion cult rather than atheists. Referring to them as atheists will be an insult to those of them out there who are actually living the true definition of atheism.

In the light of the above written, I encourage you all

1. To remain steadfast in God, be prayerful, preach the word and as much as possible represent Christ well.
2. Respond to any of their posts or threads which you have answers to. The ones you dont have answers to simply keep out of it or say- "I dont know". No human has answers to every question in this life.
3. Dont go into unnecessary argument where you cant defend your stand well enough. When you dabble into what you cant defend well you end up making a fool of yourself.
4. Dont jump into any thread opened by these cult members. First of all weigh their thread whether its worth giving attention to, if its not pls dump the thread and move ahead. Time is of essence in life, except you are an idle civilian whose time is lying idle.
5.. Where you want to quote bible pls try and quote the one that properly fit into the discussion, dont just throw up anything you like and start panel beating it to fit into your response.
6. When they mention bad practices seen amongst christians pls dont go defending blindly when you know those things are actually happening rather you can cut down their exaggerations where it arises.

7. Dont be fooled that atheists or their anti-religion counterparts here are more intelligent than religious people. Unbelief in God doesnt translate to being more intelligent in life, it doesnt translate to being more wealthy, it doesnt translate to being more excellent in academics, it doesnt translate to having the best marriage, it doesnt translate to employment opportunities, it doesnt translate to success in life. Its just unbelief in God and nothing more. Religious people have been excelling wonderfully in every sphere of life so for someone to parade himself as a higher human simply because he doesnt believe in God is a height of foolishness. Dont fall for it pls.

God's blessings to you all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Thunderdick(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
On point, my brother...

There is a saying that, dont argue with a fool or else he'd bring u down to his level and defeat u

1 Like

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Is it a surprise that religious features like preaching(against the idea of gods), evangelism(to convert to atheism), and pastor-congregation relationships are seen even among atheists?

Man is religious by nature. He must worship. It doesn't matter what he worships. It can be GOD, trees, cows, celestial bodies, stones, gold, his fellow man, himself or even his own sense of judgment.

Nice post, OP. May GOD continue to bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by HIScraziness(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by RabbaRabbi: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Thanks so much @honourhim.

Attimes they can be so annoying. All the same. God help us.

And please, I will like all faithful christians in this forum to join hands in spreading and preaching Jesus.

Thanks to all.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
lol so atheists are now cultists lol ayaf died

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by RabbaRabbi: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
stephenmorris:
lol so atheists are now cultists lol ayaf died

you were not invited here nah bro...

Oya....
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

you were not invited here nah bro...

Oya....
this is a forum a discussion an open discussion , im just here to clarify things
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by RabbaRabbi: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
stephenmorris:
this is a forum a discussion an open discussion , im just here to clarify things

clarify what? Ok. No qualms.

Gracias... cool
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Seun(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
The only thing I would add to your list is this: "be willing to change your mind if their arguments make sense to you; don't be dogmatic!".

honourhim:
7. Dont be fooled that atheists or their anti-religion counterparts here are more intelligent than religious people.
Atheists appear more intelligent because they are right. Your intelligence is wasted when you use it to defend something that is just not true.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:

Atheists appear more intelligent because they are right.

Please prove the assertion "There is no God"

Your intelligence is wasted when you use it to defend something that is just not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_Nobel_laureates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

I enjoy your comments bro . Please don't relent .

1 Like

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Thunderdick(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
And there goes d King of the Athiests... All HAIL.>>> A person of Mr. Seun Osewa
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by 1990news: 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
grin grin grin cant stop laughing. I dont know why. My friend, Prove that God exist, then maybe we might start thinking in the same direction. Immortal and invincible God, lolz, funny catch phrase.

2 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Thunderdick(m): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I enjoy your comments bro . Please don't relent .

u don finish our oga with these links o. Nothing to talk again... Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by datyrone(m): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
most of the atheists i see on nairaland are always on the prowl for arguments forgeting that there are aspects of both religion and science that defies logic.
the religious fanatics easily succumb to the ploys of nairaland atheists,making room for debates

then the drama begins....
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by akintom(m): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:
Dear brethren in Christ,

we all know that atheism simply means unbelief in God. Taking a critical look at the activities of certain individuals in this forum who parade themselves as atheists, it is obvious that they actually can be referred to as anti-religion cult. These group of individuals have a gathering point just like the religious people, they preach against God just as we preach the goodness of God, they testify against God just as we testify God's goodness. They have their leaders who they chorus yes to everything they say just as religious people do.
The irony of it is that these same people are the ones that will turn around to condemn the activities of christians when they too are replicating same in their circle. In no distant time we will see these people replicating all the practices of christianity in their own way.
It is obvious that the attitude of these people falls appropriately into that of anti-religion cult than atheism. I therefore urge you my brethren to henceforth see them as anti-religion cult rather than atheists. Referring to them as atheists will be an insult to those of them out there who are actually living the true definition of atheism.

1. To remain steadfast in God, be prayerful, preach the word and as much as possible represent Christ well.
2. Respond to any of their posts or threads which you have answers to. The ones you dont have answers to simply keep out of it or say- "I dont know". No human has answers to every question in this life.
3. Dont go into unnecessary argument where you cant defend your stand well enough. When you dabble into what you cant defend well you end up making a fool of yourself.
4. Dont jump into any thread opened by these cult members. First of all weigh their thread whether its worth giving attention to, if its not pls dump the thread and move ahead. Time is of essence in life, except you are an idle civilian whose time is lying idle.
5.. Where you want to quote bible pls try and quote the one that properly fit into the discussion, dont just throw up anything you like and start panel beating it to fit into your response.
6. When they mention bad practices seen amongst christians pls dont go defending blindly when you know those things are actually happening rather you can cut down their exaggerations where it arises.

7. Dont be fooled that atheists or their anti-religion counterparts here are more intelligent than religious people. Unbelief in God doesnt translate to being more intelligent in life, it doesnt translate to being more wealthy, it doesnt translate to being more excellent in academics, it doesnt translate to having the best marriage, it doesnt translate to employment opportunities, it doesnt translate to success in life. Its just unbelief in God and nothing more. Religious people have been excelling wonderfully in every sphere of life so for someone to parade himself as a higher human simply because he doesnt believe in God is a height of foolishness. Dont fall for it pls.

From this painstakingly written piece of yours, it's obvious that the writings, nature of debate and arguments of atheists/humanists on this platform have been giving you a real and consequential concerns.

That established, i however noted some unfounded suspicions, disregard for your Bible and outright lies.

Your Bible encourages you to investigate matters properly, and uphold that which is true (findings supported by evidence). In disobedience to your Bible, you went on alleging some gathering of atheists in some places and observing methods of worship similar to church rituals.

Can you present a name of one leader?, can you give address of where they gather to do all that you claim?.

Well, am not surprised at your panicky conclusions, it's of the nature, character and traditions of folks that are mentally driven by a badly written and ridiculously fictitious book - Bible.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Seun(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Rational atheists don't make that assertion. The assertion we make is that there's no evidence for the existence of any God, so we don't believe.

What? You don't seem to understand my point. How many of those people are using their intelligence to try to prove that Christianity is true?

My point is that atheists are not necessarily more intelligent than religious people, but being right makes atheists seem more intelligent.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Chubhie: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
Most of these acclaimed atheists are demon possessed without some of them even knowing.

Those are the human agents the kingdom of darkness is using covertly and overtly to sow seeds of doubts and unbelief just like the parable of the sower.

They are really turning in the numbers for satan consciously and unconsciously. I hope satan is rewarding them for their acts? Seun is even coming out boldly to promote the kingdom of his father using nairaland.

I've seen where it all leads it! They can amuse and celebrate their now victory.The grace period is still open.

What a great and merciful father!
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by hopefulLandlord: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chubhie:
Most of these acclaimed atheists are demon possessed without some of them even knowing.
Those are the human agents the kingdom of darkness is using covertly and overtly to sow seeds of doubts and unbelief just like the parable of the sower.
They are really turning in the numbers for satan consciously and unconsciously. I hope satan is rewarding them for their acts? Seun is even coming out boldly to promote the kingdom of his father using nairaland.
I've seen where it all leads it! They can amuse and celebrate their now victory.The grace period is still open.
What a great and merciful father!

6 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by akintom(m): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:
Dear brethren in Christ,

A vivid feature of the grand contraption that religion is, is the ever increasing and never ending fractionalization of the religious groups.

Preacher man, now that you are ignorantly ascribing prefix of cult. Are you aware that the pentecostal faction calls the Catholic, jehovah's witnesses, seventh day adventists, c&s etc OCCULTIC FACTIONS of same Christian group?

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by honourhim: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
akintom:

From this painstakingly written piece of yours, it's obvious that the writings, nature of debate and arguments of atheists/humanists on this platform have been giving you a real and consequential concerns.

That established, i however noted some unfounded suspicions, disregard for your Bible and outright lies.

Your Bible encourages you to investigate matters properly, and uphold that which is true (findings supported by evidence). In disobedience to your Bible, you went on alleging some gathering of atheists in some places and observing methods of worship similar to church rituals.

Can you present a name of one leader?, can you give address of where they gather to do all that you claim?.

Well, am not surprised at your panicky conclusions, it's of the nature, character and traditions of folks that are mentally driven by a badly written and ridiculously fictitious book - Bible.

Going through your response, it appears you lack understanding of my submissions. I advice that you go through it again, calmly this time around, so as to get it clearer. Some other people have gotten the message as you can see. Cheers.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:

Rational atheists don't make that assertion. The assertion we make is that there's no evidence for the existence of any God, so we don't believe.

Uncle Seun ,

The cornucopia of evidence supporting the existence of God is overwhelming . Deists say that the cause of nature and its complexity and then reason in humans are surfeit evidences for the existence of God , a Creator . Christians say that nature ,miracles , revelations , prophecies are evidences for the existence of God . And you disagreeing does not change the fact that it is .

Atheists' type of evidence ;because I have not seen God , therefore God does not exist - very shallow thought I must say

What? You don't seem to understand my point. How many of those people are using their intelligence to try to prove that Christianity is true?

Some of the Christians in that list overtly stated their acknowledgment of the existence of God - we have Copernicus , Kepler , Descartes , Blaise Pascal , Michael Faraday and so many famous luminaries in the area of science .

We also have Sir Isaac Newton who spoke against atheism and defended his belief in God .

What about atheist Richard Dawkins - authored a book which was an opprobrium against Christianity - who continually launches impious polemics against religious beliefs which is trying to prove atheism is true , so according to your logic he is wasting his intelligence ba ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
-
Seun:
Memes are considered to be distracting in most contexts. If you need to make a point, please try to use your own words.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by akintom(m): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Going through your response, it appears you lack understanding of my submissions. I advice that you go through it again, calmly this time around, so as to get it clearer. Some other people have gotten the message as you can see. Cheers.

"These group of individuals have a gathering point just like the religious people, they preach against God just as we preach the goodness of God, they testify against God just as we testify God's goodness"

The above is your exact words unedited.
You're so soon becoming a victim of the panicky counsel you just gave your fellows.

May i help you add this to your list of commandments....

*when you decide to engage atheist, avoid being twisty and dodgy, you get strangled that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by 1990news: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pastor will raise his hand the whole congregation wee fall only the camera Man... Ayam not understanding

3 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by Chubhie: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:
The only thing I would add to your list is this: "be willing to change your mind if their arguments make sense to you; don't be dogmatic!".

Atheists appear more intelligent because they are right. Your intelligence is wasted when you use it to defend something that is just not true.
Intelligence gotten through the limited perception and processing of the five senses.

1 Like

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by honourhim: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:

Atheists are not right. They claim to be right.
To the extent a good number of us have gone in christianity we are very sure it is true thats why we have read all the arguments you people presented and still stand firm on God's side. That you didnt get to the extent we have gone is your own cup of tea. Yet some who left christianity to atheism like you are coming back to christianity after several years because they have seen the truth we saw.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by honourhim: 11:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
1990news:
Pastor will raise his hand the whole congregation wee fall only the
camera Man...
Ayam not understanding

Yea. There are fake pastors who stage-manage miracle just to get more members which translates to more money. Its not new to us because Jesus told us that such wayo people will come into the ministy. Its not only in christianity, there is fake everywhere. Fake doctors, fake policemen, fake atheists like some of you here etc.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by hopefulLandlord: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
Atheism is spreading

they've lost a lot more from engaging us, now they want to re-strategize

now they're saying we are not atheists grin

"Christianity is not a religion"

"you guys aren't atheists"

5 Likes

Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by honourhim: 11:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
akintom:

"These group of individuals have a gathering point just like the religious people, they preach against God just as we preach the goodness of God, they testify against God just as we testify God's goodness"

The above is your exact words unedited.
You're so soon becoming a victim of the panicky counsel you just gave your fellows.

May i help you add this to your list of commandments....

*when you decide to engage atheist, avoid being twisty and dodgy, you get strangled that way.

Again if you claim that statement is wrong then it either means you are being hypocritical about it or you are new in this religion section or you sincerely lack understanding of my submission.
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by 1990news: 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Yea. There are fake pastors who stage-manage miracle just to get more members which translates to more money. Its not new to us because Jesus told us that such wayo people will come into the ministy. Its not only in christianity, there is fake everywhere. Fake doctors, fake policemen, fake atheists like some of you here etc.
who be this
Re: Points Christians Should Note About The So Called Atheists Here. by hopefulLandlord: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
1990news:
who be this
some guy who keeps wishing our atheism away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam / The Bible Taken Out Of Context? / Chrismas Event Report In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.