Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (16680 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
Why shuld u be using language on me? Of all the dicussions here, who have u seen using language on somebody? keep ur language so i can keep mine.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
@abu, not too long i said it, u people can look for trouble, at the end, u'll be defeated. Imgine ur so called lawal using language on me, after replying back, she signed out.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2009
She only quoted a word of advice in her language instead u blast us with insult. Oh God, christianity !
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
I only replied some words of warning to u people. if are well trained by ur muslim, u shouldn't have used language on people that will not understand it. otherwise u interpret. We only speak English here, so don't miss it up with what am not interested to know, ok.
To tell u xtains are peaceful, who hv u seen using language if not ur people?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
Liar, my igbo friend said You wrote we lack manne and to shut up
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2009
U are the worst/stupid lair on earth. U said u understand Igbo, what come about ur Igbo friend? ur so called friend is trying to insult u by telling u "shut up". I did use the word "mechee onu" which means "shut up"
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
U use the word shut up, can you see how u kill urself. Yes i understand little igbo
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 6:27am On Nov 29, 2009
Stop proving ur senseless. show another Igbo person what i wrote in igbo to interpret for u, ok. U are the one that killed urself for allowing ur little brain and ur friend to tell u shut up in the name of what i wrote. So obey what they said to u
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2009
Is ok
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2009
@beautymc, imagine this beautymc,who told you i signed out after your language was written,probably i was not on net then,and besides what was that gibberish you wrote up there? grin
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2009
@uplawal, U what was the useless/meaningless language u wrote to me?
@abu, am happy they've interpreted for u. So next time, two of u shouldn't use another language on somebody if not English. This forum is not for Boko's children
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2009
@beauty, you started it
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Beautymc(f): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
U see why i called u a worst liar? Am happy the messages are still intacts. ur fellow anti christ (uplawal) was the first to use a meaningless language on me. so why are u telling me that i started it?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
Didn't the bible says turn the other cheek, anyway it was uplawal and not me instead you merge us together in ur insult
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by focused123(m): 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2009
@poster :

God’s Word teaches:
That the Godhead consists of three separate, distinct, and recognizable personalities and qualities, perfectly united in one. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are different Persons in the Godhead, not merely three names for one Person (Matthew 3:16,17; Il Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19,20).

The Godhead consists of the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost. The Bible clearly teaches that each member of the Godhead is God; separate, distinct and recognizable personalities and qualities perfectly united in one. The Father is called God (I Corinthians 8:6; Psalms 89:26; I Chronicles 29:10; Matthew 6:9). Jesus Christ is called God (Isaiah 9:6-7; John 20:28), and the Holy Ghost is called God (Acts 5:3-4; I Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:19-20; Hebrews 3:7-9; 10:15-16; Jeremiah 31:31-34). From the foregoing it is clear that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are three distinct Persons, co-eternal, co-existent and co-equal in power and divine attributes that make each God. The word ‘GOD’ in Genesis 1:1 means Elohim and in Hebrews language this is the plural of El (The Strong One). Elohim (The Strong Ones) appear more than 2,700 times in the old Testament and this plurality is seen in: Let Us make man in OUR image, after our likeness. The LORD said , let US go down, and there confound their language (Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:6,7; John 14:23; Psalms 2:3). The Godhead is also referred to as the Holy Trinity (Romans 1:20).

The unity of the Godhead is scripturally evidenced in the execution of all divine plans and purposes: At creation, a significant fact about the Godhead emerged with the use of plural noun, ‘us’ by God Himself (Genesis 1:26). Elementarily, this implies the involvement of more than one personality in the creation of man. The same word continued to recur first, after the fall of man (Genesis 3:22), and on the threshold of God’s perfect desire to curb the foolish excesses of man, by wisely confounding him with diverse language (Genesis 11:7).

The testimony of scriptures on the ministry of the Lord Christ reveals the perfect unity of the Godhead. It was God’s anointing and the Power of the Holy Ghost that enabled Jesus to fulfill His ministry (Acts 10:38). The divine-human relationship also confirms the God in three persons perfecting the relationship of man with the Triune God (Ephesians 2:18).

The complementary function of the Trinity is referred to in almost all books of the New Testament (Matthew 3:16,17; 28:19; Mark 1:10; John 16:7-1 5; 6:37,44; Romans 8:16; I Thessalonians 5:23; Ephesians 5:25; I Peter 1:2; I Corinthians 12:4,5,6-7; Acts 10:38).

The three personalities in the Godhead acted together in the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ. God the Father did not only make His Son available to assume the garb of human flesh, preparatory for His vicarious mission (John 3:16), but He dispatched the angel to announce the impending birth of the Savior of the whole world by a virgin. This was a supernatural work that was subsequently fully perfected by the power of the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:26,35).

Further proof of the truth about the Godhead became clear at the baptism of Jesus Christ, when the Father sent the Holy Ghost in bodily form as a dove upon Christ, and God Almighty Himself made a public proclamation of Jesus as His beloved Son. (Matthew 3:16,17). Even at the onset of His ministry, Jesus affirmed the companionship of God the Father and the Holy Ghost with Him. It was only by their combined workings that he was to fulfill His multi-pronged ministry of preaching the gospel, healing the sick, delivering the captives, etc. (Luke 4:18).

Truly, the work of redemption, which Jesus Christ completed by submitting Himself to die on the cross, was a joint venture with the Father and the Holy Ghost. (Hebrews 9:14), as was the second work of grace, sanctification or holiness, by which man is cleansed from his in-bred depravity, the fallen nature he inherited from Adam, (John 17:17; Romans 15:16). Also, the Godhead is at work in empowering believers through the baptism in the Holy Spirit, to discharge the duties handed them by God. (John 15:26; 16:7-1 5; Luke 11:13).
Christ’s command as He handed down the Great Commission to His disciples was to baptize all that repent and believe the gospel, in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

Even today, our prayer involves the three personalities in the Godhead. We direct our prayers to God the Father (Luke 11:2; 22:42; 23:34,46: John 17:1,5,24-26; James 1:5) through Jesus Christ, the Son (John 14:13,14; 15:16). And of course, without the help of the Holy Spirit, all our prayers will be in vain (Romans 8:26). The Godhead is the universal testimony of the scriptures, for There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(Son) and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one (I John 5:7). It is only the perfect work of the Godhead that has continued to sustain us on a day-to-day basis as believers (II Corinthians 13:14).

The Godhead is a great mystery, which is clearly beyond the finite mind of the unsaved, natural man (I Corinthians 2:14). The believer accepts the gospel truth of the Trinity by faith, recognizing that God remains the eternal repository of all mysteries (Deuteronomy 29:29); that with respect to His being or essence, God is one; with respect to His personality. God is three; and the essence must neither be divided nor the persons confused. In spite of the great mystery surrounding it, the doctrine of the Godhead has always proved to be eminently rich in spiritual and practical values. And for all those willing, the Lord Jesus Christ promises the advent of a blissful reign by the Godhead (John 14:23; Revelation 3:20).
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2009
So funny, so since jesus is a prophet and part of the trinity means the trinity is a Prophet hence Heavenly God is a Prophet. This is absurd
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by focused123(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

So funny, so since jesus is a prophet and part of the trinity means the trinity is a Prophet hence Heavenly God is a Prophet. This is absurd

You are absurd. Your cult is absurd.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Niyi53(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
A christian should pls explian the similarity that occured btw jesus and jonah, as he prophesised in matt. 12:40.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
@focused- Open ur eyes, a God can never be a ghost
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by focused123(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

@focused- Open your eyes, a God can never be a ghost

Who is God to you Abuzola ?

Certainly God is not Saudi Black stone(allah) , Okay.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2009
focused123:

Who is God to you Abuzola ?

Certainly God is not Saudi Black stone(allah) , Okay.

i agree with you, we too do not worship a black stone
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

@ abuzola, Jesus is not a prophet. No prophet ever came after Jesus came to this world but there are Apostles who worked to spread the gospel of Jesus. according to your quran, mohammed came after Jesus. that is a lie.

Abuzola, If a will ask you who are you to God , I know you will tell me that you are a slave of God just as imams and other muslims that I know call themselves. But let me tell you for example, if a man has a slave, the man will never reveal himself to his slave because they have nothing in commom. a slave is not concern about anything pertaining to the man. I think that is what is really happening between muslims and God.

the quran is not the word of God, so you are in total darkness about God. you Know nothing.

We christains, Jesus the son of God has given us the power to be the sons of God John 1:12 and as a rightfull children of God, we have the right to of anything from our father, we can communicate with Him, and we have Joy when we come to His presence. That is why you see us singing, dancing, clapping hands in church.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
are you blind to see all this

Jesus a Prophet of God According to the Bible

Luke 7:16 Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, "A great prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!"

These were the verses that confused the later christianm confusing jesus as God

Luke 24:19 And He said to them, "What things?" And they said to Him, "The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people,

This verse says it all

Matthew 13:57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."

Matthew 21:11 And the crowds were saying, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee."
John 4:44 For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country.

John 7:40 Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, "This certainly is the Prophet."

Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
@ abuzola you dont read the bible very well. Jesus never called Himself a prophet, it was the people that calle Him a prophet just as you are calling Him now. Jesus is far more greater than millions of prophet. How many prophet did what Jesus did?

I can see that you believed all those sciptures that you cote but why dont you believe John 3:16.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2009
aksat:

@ abuzola you dont read the bible very well. Jesus never called Himself a prophet, it was the people that calle Him a prophet just as you are calling Him now. Jesus is far more greater than millions of prophet. How many prophet did what Jesus did?

I can see that you believed all those sciptures that you cote but why dont you believe John 3:16.

do yOu know that u are a son of God ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

do yOu know that u are a son of God ?

that is the surest thing. i can forget my name but I can never forget that I am a son of God
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
aksat:

that is the surest thing. i can forget my name but I can never forget that I am a son of God

so compare this

aksat:

I can see that you believed all those sciptures that you cote but why dont you believe John 3:16. (for God so love the world that he gave his begotten son)

whats the different, you are son so is jesus
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
@ abuzola, Jesus is the son of God and He has given me the right to become one of the heirs of the father (God) John 1:12

Jesus is the begotten Son of God while I am adopted by God through Jesus. I was born spiritually into the family of God, that is the meaning of born again.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2009
Do u know that david is as well a begotten son ? Mark the word 'begotten', then how come We have two begotten sons, john 3:16 says only begotten. Huh
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola11(m): 12:05am On Dec 02, 2009
Jhn 3:16 says jesus is the only begotten son
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by toluxa1(m): 3:40am On Dec 02, 2009
@Abu
In the Incarnation the eternal Word of God takes on a human nature and so
becomes a human being. The expression ‘Son of God’ serves as a pointer to the divine origin
of Jesus and to the fact that in Jesus God has made himself present to humanity in a unique
way. It is not a biological statement, such as would make of God a parent in the ordinary
human sense.
In this context it is worth noting a passage from the 4th Lateran Council (1215):
‘This reality [the divine nature] neither begets nor is begotten’. This corresponds to Qur’an
112:3: ‘He begets not, nor is he begotten . Even though the Qur’an is here primarily protesting against
Meccan polytheism, which attributed biological procreation to God, and is concerned with
Christian teaching about Jesus only secondarily.

Muslims believe that the Word of God (kalam Allah) is eternally in God (kalam nafsi); according to
some of your theologians i have spoken with, it is even identical with God’s essence. A Christian believes
that Jesus is the Word of God. The Quran also calls Jesus ‘Word of God’ (kalimat Allah, Quran 4:171; cf. 3:39-45)
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Do u know that david is as well a begotten son ? Mark the word 'begotten', then how come We have two begotten sons, john 3:16 says only begotten. Huh

Give me the bible verse that tells you that david is the begotten son of God. David was the Son of Jesse. Jesus did not have any earthly Father. He was born through a virgin Mary. after the Holy Spirit came upon mary, she concieved Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Faith Is Bad / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful / Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.