Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife (2552 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? / How Can A Man Cope With Sex If The Wife Is Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by heritage00(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
who knows the man better,the mother or the wife ??
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Rosabelle(f): 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2009
Depends. On the spot, most people might say the mother knows her son best, but depending on the people involved and the various situations you see that it might be a 50 / 50 thing.
A mother might think she knows her son, but because she's a mother, she might not be objective enough about his good sides and his faults. And so I think theres no clear-cut line.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2009
Depends, age is not wisdom.
Depends on who can talk less and listen more.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by africhika(f): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2009
the wife is supposed to know more in order to have a happy marriage

for some, the wife knows more. for others, the mom knows more.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 12:52am On Oct 24, 2009
africhika:

the wife is supposed to know more in order to have a happy marriage

for some, the wife knows more. for others, the mom knows more.

some wife knows nothing, all they know is how to run to their mama for advice
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by dani1luv: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2009
Moda

Poster
Add a poll
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by ritaNL: 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2009
The mother knows better no matter what.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
^^^ i think it depends on who is a mother and not just a Mom
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by ritaNL: 12:44am On Oct 25, 2009
What is the diff btw a mom and a mother ?
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by SeanT21(f): 3:03am On Oct 25, 2009
rita@NL:

What is the diff btw a mom and a mother ?

I guess he is trying to say that anyone can be a mom but it takes a caring individual, a woman that makes her kids her #1 priority to be called a mother.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 3:30am On Oct 25, 2009
SeanT21:

I guess he is trying to say that anyone can be a mom but it takes a caring individual, a woman that makes her kids her #1 priority to be called a mother.

Thanks for that definition jare.
It takes any woman with kitten to be a Mom, but takes a woman with a heart, one that will forgo dinner to make sure the kids are full to be a mother.
So Mom knows nothing, while a mother knows a lot, but a good mother will train the wife of the kid the great things she knows and how to make her son happy and not compete with the DIL.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by TheSeeker(m): 10:51am On Oct 25, 2009
Depending on the situation. I think a mother knows more about her son for the most time he's spent with her, but there are other differences a man shows to the wife. If you mean how a man reacts to certain issues, I think his wife got to know more about that than his mom because they live together and must have noticed a lot of other things that the mom doesn't know.

A mom only knows what food he likes, how he acts, what he likes to wear and other routines which any girl can know in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship but the deepest part to a man? I think his wife ought to know better than the mom.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

A mom only knows what food he likes, how he acts, what he likes to wear and other routines which any girl can know in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship but the deepest part to a man? I think his wife ought to know better than the mom.

True Dat
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Outstrip(f): 2:13am On Oct 26, 2009
There is no reason why a mother should know her son even more than a girlfriend. If he is a boy under 16 then yes otherwise most mothers have no clue. By the time most women marry a man they already know more than the mother may ever know. If the mother knows as much as the wife then the wife is in trouble because that man will be hard to respect when mommy is so involved
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 4:04am On Oct 26, 2009
Outstrip:

There is no reason why a mother should know her son even more than a girlfriend. If he is a boy under 16 then yes otherwise most mothers have no clue. By the time most women marry a man they already know more than the mother may ever know. If the mother knows as much as the wife then the wife is in trouble because that man will be hard to respect when mommy is so involved

i can read another twist to the whole thing from your post
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by sexyLeamon(f): 6:35am On Oct 26, 2009
depends on the individual involve.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^ true dat
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by coolier(f): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
A mother.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Fhemmmy: 1:03am On Oct 27, 2009
coolier:

A mother.

justify pls
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 27, 2009
Don't ever compare your partner to your mother/father because they are bound to lose from the start.

When will people learn? undecided
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by amebono1: 1:53am On Oct 27, 2009
rita@NL:

The mother knows better no matter what.

are you kidding me?  seriously are you kidding me? imagine a man that has been married for 35 years living abroad or even in nigeria with his wife and you are telling me,the mum knows berra? this must be the biggest joke, i have ever come across on this forum

Does a mother know what the son loves eating on monday tuesday wednesday, thursday. . . . ? does a mother know what colour of boxers her son puts on? does a mother know how many clothes the sons got? does the mother know his favourite weekend spots(like where he loves going to on weekends)? does a mother know where her son spends his every minute? does she know how much money he spends on his family?
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Rosabelle(f): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2009
!amebo no1:

are you kidding me? seriously are you kidding me? imagine a man that has been married for 35 years living abroad or even in nigeria with his wife and you are telling me,the mum knows berra? this must be the biggest joke, i have ever come across on this forum

Does a mother know what the son loves eating on monday tuesday wednesday, thursday. . . . ? does a mother know what colour of boxers her son puts on? does a mother know how many clothes the sons got? does the mother know his favourite weekend spots(like where he loves going to on weekends)? does a mother know where her son spends his every minute? does she know how much money he spends on his family?
They didnt ask who knows more. . . . they asked who knows better. Meaning him. His personality. His character and not characteristics.

PS. - I dont think the mother knows him better either.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Pharoh: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
Is there a reason to compare? The result of this comparison might be misinterpreted IMO undecided
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by amebono1: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pharoh:

Is there a reason to compare? The result of this comparison might be misinterpreted IMO undecided

are you still kidding me? so a mother knows the guys character more than the woman he shares his innermost feelings with?
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Sissy3(f): 4:57am On Oct 28, 2009
i would have to say the wife not to say that the mom is clueless. but, most mothers only know well their sons behaviors etc when they're still young or still around them, however, a mother wouldnt spend 24/7 with his son everytime to know the changes in his personalities, behaviors etc unlike the wife who spends most if not, all her time with her hubby. and some sons might act and behavior differently when around their mothers and for some usually in pretentious manners, but when they are with their wives theyre usually themselves.

although, nothing is certain. it all depends on the situation but i would have to say most of the time the wife knows her husband more than the mother.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Pharoh: 5:35am On Oct 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

are you still kidding me? so a mother knows the guys character more than the woman he shares his innermost feelings with?

You really don't get me, what a mother knows about son is different from what a wife knows and in some cases it might look similar but with the wife knowing more since she now spends more time with him and they share their feelings together. But out of respect for the mother i would not want to compare and come to think of it, if the wife knows more what will is the benefit if not for us to relate with each other better.

Do you want the wife to tell the mother to shut up when talking about her son because she now knows him better now? Do you wonder why the mother of the man and the wife clashes when she comes over to look after the new born baby? That's one of the reason women ask for their own mother and not that of their Husband. Wife knows better thanks but i will still not compare or carry it on my head because IMPO it is a disrespect to my mother.

It will be better if the ladies humble themselves to the mother and explain the new changes in their son and not shove it on her face when ever there is a clash all in the name of i know him better. You still need one or two tricks from those experienced mom who have observed and nurtured that man to a certain extent.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by amebono1: 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pharoh:

You really don't get me, what a mother knows about son is different from what a wife knows and in some cases it might look similar but with the wife knowing more since she now spends more time with him and they share their feelings together. But out of respect for the mother i would not want to compare and come to think of it, if the wife knows more what will is the benefit if not for us to relate with each other better.

Do you want the wife to tell the mother to shut up when talking about her son because she now knows him better now? Do you wonder why the mother of the man and the wife clashes when she comes over to look after the new born baby? That's one of the reason women ask for their own mother and not that of their Husband. Wife knows better thanks but i will still not compare or carry it on my head because IMPO it is a disrespect to my mother.

It will be better if the ladies humble themselves to the mother and explain the new changes in their son and not shove it on her face when ever there is a clash all in the name of i know him better. You still need one or two tricks from those experienced mom who have observed and nurtured that man to a certain extent.

a mother knows the outside only, the wife knows the outside and the inside, so whats your point
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Pharoh: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

a mother knows the outside only, the wife knows the outside and the inside, so whats your point

So is that the reason why they should be compared? Now that the wife knows both so should the mother go and jump in the nearest canal? Your point is skewed towards the western view of what a family is. My point is still the same with the earlier post that they should not be compared out of respect for the mother and also before it is misinterpreted by some ladies. I gave you an example in my earlier post. You know a lot about your husband fine and that should not be a reason to square it up with that of the mother. I am not imposing my views on you but it is just my own opinion.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by amebono1: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pharoh:

So is that the reason why they should be compared? Now that the wife knows both so should the mother go and jump in the nearest canal? Your point is skewed towards the western view of what a family is. My point is still the same with the earlier post that they should not be compared out of respect for the mother and also before it is misinterpreted by some ladies. I gave you an example in my earlier post. You know a lot about your husband fine and that should not be a reason to square it up with that of the mother. I am not imposing my views on you but it is just my own opinion.

are you alright? where on earth have i said in my post that 'a mother's' opinion is not important? undecided

I can see you are the type that will choose a mother over a partner

The topic was about ' who knows better' and i stated clearly that a wife know better than a mother' so who is talking about western view and traditional view here? if you wanna state your point do so, but dont impose your 'ideas' on me, or post what i never posted
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by amebono1: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2009
Rosabelle:

They didnt ask who knows more. . . . they asked who knows better. Meaning him. His personality. His character and not characteristics.

PS. - I dont think the mother knows him better either.

and i said the wife knows better, the mother does not spend the amount of time the wife spends with the man, and that makes the wife better off in knowing in personalities, his character and characterisitics
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by Pharoh: 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

are you alright? where on earth have i said in my post that 'a mother's' opinion is not important? undecided

I can see you are the type that will choose a mother over a partner

The topic was about ' who knows better' and i stated clearly that a wife know better than a mother' so who is talking about western view and traditional view here? if you wanna state your point do so, but dont impose your 'ideas' on me, or post what i never posted

Why such questions like are you alright?Na fight, no let me flog you oooo grin Make i relax before tempers start flying

I never accused you to be stating what you asked,i was just saying some people might misinterpret it towards that angle and i wasn't referring to you. The western view excludes the extended family why the traditional one includes it. See how you are accusing me as well that i will choose my mother over my partner smiley. Don't worry when we get to that stage or situation it will sort itself out no need blabbing over that for now.

If you analyze my post clearly i said a wife knows better and it should stay at that point before wrong ideas creeps in. I said it before and now again, i am not imposing my views on you. Easy sister we are not fighting okay. A wife Knows better than the mother.
Re: Who Knows Better,the Mother Or The Wife by agathamari(f): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2009
the wife

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Be Or Not To Be...... / If Your Baby Never Stops Crying Whenever You Refuse To Back Him, Use This!!! / Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.