Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

'Don't Allow Outsiders To Influence Your Marriage And Spoil It For You!' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Don't Allow Outsiders To Influence Your Marriage And Spoil It For You!' (352 Views)

If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? / Why Facebook Don't Allow People To Comment This Sentence? / Dear Lord, Please Don't Allow This Website Get Introduced Into Nigeria. Amen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Don't Allow Outsiders To Influence Your Marriage And Spoil It For You!' by anthonydunamis: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2016
Remember that Evangelist and Medical Doctor, Anthony and Vanessa Igbinosun, who got married after dating for 10 years? Well, they granted an interview to a blog some days ago and revealed how they met, how they managed to stay together for so long and what the marriage experience has been like so far. Enjoy.

How did you meet?

Anthony

Hahaha alright…

A good friend mentioned once to me that he was attracted to a certain lady in our class; then we were freshmen at the University. He pointed her out to me, and truth be told I was instantly drawn to her too! But, I decided not to make a deal out of it.

Coincidentally or as God will have it, someone introduced me to her; that was a good ground to lay a foundation of friendship, I thought. Later that week, I got her number from a friend of hers and called her up. She sounded very harsh but I later found out that it was just a facade; she actually liked me too! Hahaha! However, the first time I asked her out she didn’t give me a ‘yes’ and she told me never to bring up the subject again. But here we are today…MARRIED!

Vanessa

See the humor I have to deal with…?

I have the same story from another perspective.

It was on March 10, 2006 precisely, I was talking with a group of friends when he walked towards us with another friend and he introduced himself to us. He was in black pant trousers, a white shirt and a tie. I can still remember clearly! From then on, he joined our group of friends and with time our friendship became more personal. I initially thought he liked my close friend until she told me that he was actually interested in me and was only close to her because of me. What a strategy…?

When he asked me out, I initially didn’t consent but after some months of proving his sincerity, I called him and told him I would give it a try.

What was the attraction for you both?

Anthony

What attracted me to her among others is her simplicity. She never wore any make-up, yet she always looked beautiful. The first and last time I ever saw her on make-up was on our wedding day. To me that meant she had a good self-esteem. Also, she is someone who was very principled. No guy would just walk up to her and say ‘hello babe, I want to date you’. She would just lambaste him. At that point, I was drawn to her because she appeared to know what she wanted. She was also very intelligent and serious with her academics. There was no way I could let her escape. *Winks*

Vanessa

What attracted me to him was his confidence from the onset. He was always bold and confident with a sense of ‘I know what I want’. He was also very funny and still is…! Clearly. When we became friends, he seemed very sincere, loyal and protective. Honestly, he was very dependable and I could always talk to him and he would allay all my fears. He had the ability to make me want to be a better person. And when I observed him closely, he did not have his focus on taking my body; that was what scared me the most about relationships before I met him. I could also be myself around him without the fear of being judged. I even had some serious health issues during that period, issues that even I would have withdrawn from, but he never withdrew from me.

Read the rest here: https://africanlovers./2016/10/21/not-exactly-what-i-expected-anthony-and-vanessas-story/

(1) (Reply)

My Lover's Birthday Thread / Message To Nigerian Government(Video) / Prostitute Who Turned Born Again Brings Condoms To Church After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.