Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (231275 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Domance:
Dupe is already imagining things in her head even without any commitment from Uche, not even a ring on her finger yet. She only got a box of trinket which made her succumb to a 'deflowering' experimentation. I just dey feel for her sha

Lol this your comment ehn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
veekid:
What's up wifey? One question for you dearie........ do you trust anybody in this country Nigeria?

Yes i do dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Dedicated to lumzybo, swann, missuniverse,domance, princewilla

Chapter Nine

Sylvester

Daddy was employed as the rich woman's driver and things changed for us for a while. Our rent was paid on time, i got a new school uniform and we no longer had to drink garri and nkatie for dinner. But the woman treated my parents like a lowly slave. She slapped Mama once for giving baby Bose a drink of water with her glass cup and right there she dropped the glass on the floor and it shattered in two. She hit Daddy with a broom for coming late to work when baby Bose took ill and he took her to the health center. They bore all these harsh treatments because she promised to sponsor my tertiary education.
One day she slapped Daddy while he was driving her for entering into a port hole. He got angry, came down from the car and threw the car key at her. The very next day, a knock sounded on our door. I got up from my mat and opened it and three police men pushed me aside.

" Where your useless papa? " they shouted, marching into our room.

My parents woke up and they immediately descended on my father. They beat him black and blue before dragging him away,Mama cried and begged, asking what her husband's offense was. Mama found out the station they took him to and we both went there.

" Your husband is the leader of a deadly criminal gang." The fat, pot bellied man in a blue police uniform said." They went to rob somewhere last night and the victim identified him."

" No ooo, my husband dey innocent. He sleep for house yester night oo, him no be thief o" Mama cried out.

The rich woman entered the station and Mama ran to her but she shoved my mother aside.

" I saw him with my very own eyes! her husband was the leader of the armed robbery gang who came to my house last night! they carted away my jewelries and money! I have already called Abuja, I am not taking this matter lightly "

" Ah! Mummy, My husband no be rubber. Abeg no put us in trouble. Him no do you anything ma,"

" My father is not a thief. He's a good person and he was home last night with us"

" Officer let me know if you can't handle this case." the rich woman said." I want my stolen money and golds recovered."

" We are capable ma," he responded, " we will get him to reveal his accomplices "

She stormed out of the station after raining down curses on us.

" Madam, i will advise you get a lawyer. This tears and begging won't help you" the police officer said, walking back into his office.

" Let me tell you the truth," the officer on duty said." Only God can save your husband.The woman who just left here is the girlfriend of the commissioner and like she said she has placed a call to head quarters. Your husband's case will be treated as a criminal case. Once he's transferred out of here he will be executioned. You know what execution is child? explain it to your mother "

" I know. Mama let's go" I said, tugging on her hand.

We left the station and i explained everything the man said to her. I was positive my father would be set free if only we could get a good lawyer to represent him. Mama went to the woman's gate everyday, she would cry and beg for mercy. I was only thirteen years old and in sss 1, i stopped anybody i saw on the road and asked them if they were lawyers. Some walked on without replying while others thought it was funny, they would laugh and walk away. Our neighbors pitied us and they held vigils on behalf of my father.

I went to the station everyday to give Daddy food, they refused to let us see him. Sometimes the police men on duty chased us away without accepting the food. Some days i would scream out when the good officer was on duty so my father could hear my voice, maybe he didn't hear but he never replied back. The good officer said he would do his best to delay the transfer so we could get a lawyer and he suggested we went to the secretariat where the high court was.
The securities on duty, took a good look at the tattered clothes on our backs and chased us away. We went back there on several occasions but we were sent away.

" Young boy what do you want?" the police officer on duty asked.

" I brought food for my father " I replied

" The man with the criminal offense?"

" No, he is innocent"

" Well he was transferred yesterday and he was executed this morning, " the officer replied

" No, that's a lie!" I shouted, tears streaming down my eyes.

" What is the noise about?" The good officer asked, coming into the station" Boy how are you?"

" This man said my father was killed today," I said, heaving with tears.

He threw a sharp look at the officer on duty." You fool! don't you know he's a young boy? couldn't you just tell him his father was transfered?" He placed his arm around my shoulder," listen to me son, in life these things happen but you won't let it stop you from becoming what you want to be in life. Make your mother proud of you and wipe away her tears"

TBC

24 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
missuniverse:
Bibi, so this Ghanaian babes think of Nigerian ladies as havoc wreckers...
Hmmm, tnx for that eye opener

May d elasticity of ur inspiration neva get exhausted

Amen ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2016
Awww... feeling emotional undecided

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
Can people be so wicked like that madam in reality
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by adebriana(f): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Thanks for the update Bibi but it's quite short
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by sotozo(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Strolls in with my bottle of Kunu... Bibi Cindy, na you biko jawe.... I dey ur back like hunch***

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
adebriana:
Thanks for the update Bibi but it's quite short

awwn Pele dear kiss longer update Tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
OLAFIMIX:
Can people be so wicked like that madam in reality

Yes ooo, i know many factual instances. Some ppl have no heart o

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
sotozo:
Strolls in with my bottle of Kunu... Bibi Cindy, na you biko jawe.... I dey ur back like hunch***

You are highly welcome kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
I didn't read this last update embarassed embarassed This woman will pay for this. Karma Senior is still at the gym trust me, when he finishes.....

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
jagugu88li:
I didn't read this last update embarassed embarassed This woman will pay for this. Karma Senior is still at the gym trust me, when he finishes.....
Lol i always look forward to ur comments cos it cracks me up grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
the last update. I'm so short of words right now embarassed
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by lumzybo: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Some pple can be so heartless sha. Y kill a man 4 no just cause and deep within u expect to go scot-free?

Karma, abosede has called on thee, answer with immediate alacrity...

Thanks 4 the dedication bibi, but as the update kon be tragedy so ehn, e get as e be.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 4:31am On Nov 04, 2016
The last update buttresses the difference between the rich and the poor.
#sighs

3 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by adebriana(f): 6:17am On Nov 04, 2016
bibijay123:

awwn Pele dear kiss longer update Tomorrow
Thanks dear
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by kinah(f): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2016
bibijay123:
kajiang02 vandops10 johncasey1 niffyluv Dominique frankcris iberibe1 skarlett domido dammypat olabantu jolak5 olatex25 tunjilomo bummybummy bakeuhappy fidelismaria Aitee1 chimeluv Tunechi1 Girl360 Colik Tamedwolf90 fox14 Sexfabregas Thesociopath collinometricx Twaci Kinah sweetieconstie iykekelvins Swann jomagibs Toluwaferan HORLADSTAR
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by shigo20(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2016
This update is so so emotional hw I wish I could just appear in the story and help out sly family but what can I do its just a fiction.....thumbs up bibi
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by mofy1(f): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2016
@BIBIJAY123 thanks for the mention. Have been busy lately but am back with full force grin.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Tife101(m): 10:32am On Nov 04, 2016
Chai!!! This woman wicked ooo. Well, I trust KARMA sha. Welldone Madam Bibi.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Joemee: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2016
Bibi....i'm pleading with tears...pls and pls I beg u....evn on my knees....
Dnt let DAT devilish woman go Scot free....#tears dropping...

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by DaddySLY(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
honour gets people killed...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
I hope Sly doesn't grow up angry and bitter then eventually becoming an hardened criminal. Most of these criminals had horrible childhoods sad

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
* Continues*

Dupe

The ringtone of my phone woke me up in the middle of the night, i reached for the phone and stared at the strange number reflecting on the screen. The call disconnected and the number called back immediately.

" Hello," i said groggily, "Who am i speaking with?"

" Funmi," She said sobbing.

I sat up, suddenly wide awake." What happened?"

" I want....want to come back," she cried.

" What happened? " I shouted, " talk to me please"

" Mable.... "

" Yes, what did she do to you?'

" Her friends said i will destroy her home and that.... " she choked on tears," that all Nigerian women are sluts"

" Awwn, you shouldn't let that get to you. We are good women and you are a good representative of Nigerian women. You have a big heart and you wouldn't hurt even a fly. What did Mabel say to her friends?"

" She....she said i am a good person"

" Yes you are. Funmi you will prove them wrong, show them Nigerian women are the best women in the world."

" OK," she replied quietly," Thank you, goodnight"

" Goodnight best friend,"

Uche

" Congrats big boy," Annie said, giving me a wide smile." How was your first field trip?"

" It was a bitter sweet experience. The drillers were reluctant to take orders from me on the first day but i stood my ground. The second day, they all refused to work so i called Mr Thomas but he told me to handle it and disconnected. I tried my best tho and in the end the job was done"

" You handled them well i assure you, we got reports. You are the first representative in Dominique to be sent to the field in his first month. Believe me, we are all proud of you but don't let it get to your head" she said," now i need your help with something a bit personal this weekend.

" I need your help too, " I said laughing," the funny thing is it's this weekend too "

Annie and I had grown closer as the weeks slowly progressed into a month, she was intelligent and easy to talk to, she was one of those people who understood what you felt without even telling her. The other guys on my team often wonder aloud what she saw in me because she was known as a prude. We went to lunch together, we were always assigned to the same projects and i got to find out a lot about her. She was an only child, she grew up without a father or knowing who he was. Her mother was gruesomely murdered by a robbery gang before her eyes and she had no family left. She loved bad and rugged guys, she was a chain smoker and she never went anywhere without her locket which she claimed brought her luck.The other guys often joked around that she was my sugar mommy since she was a thirty_ two years old lady while i was only twenty eight.

" I need your help with something very urgent this weekend," She said." I hope you will be able to help me" A sad look came on her face briefly.

" Annie, is something wrong?"

" Yea, I ....I can't talk about it here"

" Alright, Will you be fine until then?"

" I will be fine. Thanks. What do you need my help with? " She asked.

" I want to get something for Dupe,"

She sighed loudly," Ah lucky girl! what do you have in mind?"

" A ring. I want to propose to her" I said with a grin.

" Awww, so sweet. Sure, I know just the place you can get the perfect ring. "

" Thank you,"

" You are welcome," She said, pinching her full lips between her teeth in a sultry way.My phone rang out, i excused myself to answer the call, i placed my IPhone against my ear without checking out the caller.

" Uchenna Nwafor," I said.

" Hello," a timid voice said." Brother, it's me"

I drew in breathe as i recognized his voice." Dubem, What do you want?"

" I....I ....." He stuttered, " I know you are angry with me. I am sorry, I felt like an extra burden to you and Mama, so i went in search of greener pastures"

" Is the grass really green at the other end as claimed? "

" No" he replied, " I am going through a lot here"

" Dubem, you wasted our sister's life and if i see you right now i will strangle you with my bare hands!"

" Please...... I don't understand. What else did i do? "

" The gang you stole from raped Nonye to death as revenge" I said, he started crying at the other end." Don't ever call my line again, you are dead to me" I disconnected in anger.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, " Whatever it is, give it time. It will heal up with time" She said softly

" Some wounds can never be healed"

" Yes, but atleast you will be able to talk about it" She replied,"I can never forget how those robbers painted our sitting room with my mother's blood but i can talk about it now. Give it time Uche,"

TBC

22 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
dominique:
I hope Sly doesn't grow up angry and bitter then eventually becoming an hardened criminal. Most of these criminals had horrible childhoods sad

I hope so too sis, most of them on a quest for revenge end up destroying their lives.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Joemee:
Bibi....i'm pleading with tears...pls and pls I beg u....evn on my knees....
Dnt let DAT devilish woman go Scot free....#tears dropping...

OK boss man wink

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
Thanks bibijay123 for the dedication cheesy

It's a really nice story.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
royalkeed:
Thanks bibijay123 for the dedication cheesy

It's a really nice story.

Lol he's finally out of d ghost mode cheesy you are welcome kiss

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by hottadiva(f): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
this Uche should not try himself ooo

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Exceptional story bibijay....

More ink to your pen and may your battery never run out

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
You really are a born writer. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (70) (Reply)

The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.