Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (231047 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by cinderellashoes(f): 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
dominique:
What a bittersweet update sad

Sorry about your ban. I sent you a mail to the one registered with bibijay123, have you seen it.

Thank you, I was only defending my sister o. I will check it now.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by cinderellashoes(f): 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Twizzy30:
Bibi so uche is bringing his family to my area. OK, but I have a feeling funmi will later snatch that tade from bella. What d u have to say maam?

lol yes oo, you Berra help dem settle in. as for Funmi' s life in Ghana, let's wait n see.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by DaddySLY(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Domnique shebi bibi is your friend... warn..her... she trynna get a grown ass man to cry... embarassed

My takes
• In catholic church ts called mass not service. .
• I got a kinda Dejavu feeling right were Uche broke Dupe
• Dubem... Dubem killed his family... i hate men who are shortsighted...
• Tis story... brought me close to tears... n ts not when Nonye was raped or when she died..... ts when Uche just returned from the labour work and he told Dupe not to feel sorry for him... up to when they were mouthing I love yous ... i hate when i get like tis embarassed... *sniffs*

thankyou Bibi... i saw a bit of myself in all the characters specially Tade... at least i got boners in that car sex scene sha grin....

God bless you Bibi... thanks again for today... cant wait!

cc cinderellashoes

6 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by cinderellashoes(f): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
DaddySLY:
Domnique shebi bibi is your friend... warn..her... she trynna get a grown ass man to cry... embarassed

My takes
• In catholic church ts called mass not service. .
• I got a kinda Dejavu feeling right were Uche broke Dupe
• Dubem... Dubem killed his family... i hate men who are shortsighted...
• Tis story... brought me close to tears... n ts not when Nonye was raped or when she died..... ts when Uche just returned from the labour work and he told Dupe not to feel sorry for him... up to when they were mouthing I love yous ... i hate when i get like tis embarassed... *sniffs*

thankyou Bibi... i saw a bit of myself in all the characters specially Tade... at least i got boners in that car sex scene sha grin....

God bless you Bibi... thanks again for today... cant wait!

cc cinderellashoes

lol only sly knows how to make me laff well...thanks for that correction, will edit it asap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
cinderellashoes:

Thank you, I was only defending my sister o. I will check it now.

Yeah I've seen it. Those romance section trolls should be ignored else they'll drag you down with them.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Tife101(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
I knew they were testing Uche's patience. I mentioned that in my previous comment.

Nice one cinderellashoes

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
cinderellashoes:

lol yes oo, you Berra help dem settle in. as for Funmi' s life in Ghana, let's wait n see.
haha.. Yahoo boys full here oo, I hope bullet nd co won't get to find them in IKD.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by cinderellashoes(f): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chapter Seven

Dedicated to Daxlasaint, Dominique, crazygod, veekid, yorhmienerd, DaddySly, Maggielove, Tife101, Twizzy30,

Sylvester

My earliest memory of my father was one of him stealing kisses from my mother when he thought i wasn't watching. Sometimes he would sneak up on her while she was cooking, he would poke his finger into her solar plexus and she would giggle like a little girl. At night, the strange sounds which i later grew accustomed to and learned it was called ' moans' when i grew older would fill the air. The sound comforted me and it shielded me like a warm blanket, it was good knowing my parents were in the room next to mine and that they would come rushing if i so much as sneezed. Being an only child they doted on me but they applied a disciplined hand whenever it was needed.

Daddy had a little farm few miles from our home, on weekends, he would carry me on his bicycle and off to the farm we went. He would point out each of the herbs and trees with their uses. He knew the names of all the birds, he would tell me folklores about each one of them while i asked one question after another. Daddy worked in a cement factory called Wacem as a driver to one of the Indians on the board of the company. He often came home with foreign chocolates and ginger ale drinks.

" Sly, Indians are very stingy but my boss Mr. Ahmed is different." He would say, " it goes to show how people are different from one another. We should never stereotype. "

I would nod my little head as if i understood what he meant. Mama would give him a big smile and concur with him. My mother wasn't educated but she was skilled and beautiful. She could do wonders with a brush and paint. We discovered her talent when i was asked to draw ' Yesu' in art class. She smiled when i told her what our assignment was, she simply collected the book from me and before my young eyes, there was an image of Yesu on the book.

" Mama, you are a genius! wait till dad sees this!" I exclaimed, my mouth was hung open in surprise. She pulled me closer to her side.

" You see your mama isn't exactly an illiterate. Back when we were in Nigeria, i used to help our neighbor's kids with their art home works."

" Mama, why did you leave Nigeria?" I asked, " Is Nigeria as beautiful as our country, Togo?"

" We left in 1993, i gave birth to you in a bush close to the border between Benin republic and Nigeria " She said with a faint smile, " we named you after the gallant soldier who helped us across the border. He was an Igbo man, he is a good man my son"

" What is Igbo, Mama?"

" It is a tribe in Nigeria. Igbo people are good people, they are honest and hard working too just like our people."

" So why did you leave? and why didn't you give birth to me in a hospital?"

" We had to leave because the president asked all foreigners to go back to their country. You were not due until another two weeks so we decided to leave because the country wasn't at peace. When we got to the border we discovered that it was closed and the only alternative was to go through bush shortcuts which was equally unsafe. That was when you gave me a fierce kick and popped out your big head, all thanks to that brave soldier who came upon us while i was writhing in pain. He helped deliver you and took us across." She said, applying color to the image she had drawn.

" Was it painful Mama?" I asked innocently." Giving birth to me?"

" Yes, very painful" she replied, " but it was worth it, look at you now, all grown and almost seven."

Daddy wheeled in his bicycle and i ran to meet him. He didn't scoop me into his arms as usual, he didn't whistle or sing a tune. Mama got up and helped him balance the bicycle against the wall. She knew something was up but she didn't say anything, she greeted him and gave him a cup of water. She served him his meal of akume and light soup and he ate it quietly, without lavishing praises on her cooking.

" The government has laid a claim to our farm land, they said it belongs to them and they have papers to prove it, " he said after sometime. He brought a folded sheet from his breast pocket.

" Yesu Christo!" Mama exclaimed," How is that possible? it is our land and that land has been in your family for years"

" Try explaining that to the president. You will wake up and find your eyes and my balls gone." He said." Bloody government! "

" Don't say that please. Sly is here" she cautioned.

That night there was no moaning sound and there wasn't that familiar sound for a very long time. After we lost the farm, Daddy's boss was transfered to another country. He worked briefly for another Indian man who treated him so badly that he couldn't take it anymore.

" We should leave this country," he stated one evening. " If somewhere is not favorable, you Leave. Even if it is your country."

" We can still make it work here" Mama said.

" No, we are going back to Nigeria" he replied and it was final.

That night the familiar sound which had not been a part of our night resumed but afterwards i could hear Mama sniffling which later blew into full blown sobbing.. Seconds later, i could hear their muffled voices and the sound resumed anew but there was cries of 'please more' and ' faster'. I wondered what was going on in that room as i drifted off to sleep. Few weeks later, we found ourselves in Lagos, Nigeria.

TBC

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by cinderellashoes(f): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
Tife101:
I knew they were testing Uche's patience. I mentioned that in my previous comment.

Nice one cinderellashoes

Yes you did bro. Thanks!
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Thanks for the dedication bibi
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Horlorlardaey: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
thanks for d dedication too
waiting for you when you finish from the other room make we know.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Reading this after a long hectic day aint that bad ........

Thanks for the dedication sweety

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by DaddySLY(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
first i get an executive mention... then i get a character named after me... am humbled bibi... thnks... i like tis new twist... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
thanks for d dedication too
waiting for you when you finish from the other room make we know.
lol guess who's back?

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=cinderellashoes post=50681417]
Dedicated to divepen1, Leriebloom, Lleigh, horlorladey, fikfaknuel,

* Continues*

Dupe

Uche had been somber since the death of his younger sister. He was often lost in thought and his handsome face was always marred by worry lines.

Thanks for the shout out bibijay123

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
veekid:
Reading this after a long hectic day aint that bad ........

Thanks for the dedication sweety

you are welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by olanshile2016(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
nice one sis,continue
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
olanshile2016:
nice one sis,continue

Thank you bro

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 02, 2016
gosh! I hate dubem already. Cinderellashoes, make sure he dies and his body never found in your next update.
angryangry

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 02, 2016
sorry i'm late sis, great job you're doing here. Got your back cool

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by maggilove(f): 5:32am On Nov 02, 2016
[b][/b]
cinderellashoes:

Chapter Seven

Dedicated to Daxlasaint, Dominique, crazygod, veekid, yorhmienerd, DaddySly, Maggielove, Tife101,
Thanks for the dedicatio n cinderellashoes even though u spelt my moniker wrong,thanks all d same for remembering me.
On a lighter note next time don't pair mymention with yorhmienerd because he wants to snatch bibijay123 from veekid and I'm surporting veekid even against my brother sotozo.Take note #lemme run out b4 all of them will catch me this early morning# Nice update.

3 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Tife101(m): 5:45am On Nov 02, 2016
cinderellashoes:

Yes you did bro. Thanks!
Thanks for the dedication.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by toboski1(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2016
lipsrsealed Bibijay123 et Cinderellashoes? OK waris going on please bring me back on track

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 6:48am On Nov 02, 2016
toboski1:
lipsrsealed Bibijay123 et Cinderellashoes? OK waris going on please bring me back on track

are you lost on the new character? if yes, just chill n see.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2016
maggilove:
[b][/b]Thanks for the dedicatio n cinderellashoes even though u spelt my moniker wrong,thanks all d same for remembering me.
On a lighter note next time don't pair mymention with yorhmienerd because he wants to snatch bibijay123 from veekid and I'm surporting veekid even against my brother sotozo.Take note #lemme run out b4 all of them will catch me this early morning# Nice update.

grin grin blushing grin grin

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2016
New additions...lovely smiley
I'm a bit confused about this Sylvester's age o. Is he still a seven year old kid or he is all grown up now? undecided

Thanks for the dedication Bibi, you d bestest kiss

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2016
maggilove:
[b][/b]Thanks for the dedicatio n cinder.ellashoes even though u spelt my moniker wrong,thanks all d same for remembering me.
On a lighter note next time don't pair mymention with yorhm.ienerd because he wants to snatch bibija.y123 from veekid and I'm surporting veeki.d even against my brother sotoz.o.Take note #lemme run out b4 all of them will catch me this early morning# Nice update.
Ah! sister maggilove cheesy I'm a changed person, FYI, I'm going with skarl.ett and not bibi again grin
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
veekid:

grin grin blushing grin grin
I learnt that you are darker than charcoal, Do dark people also blush? undecided
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I learnt that you are darker than charcoal, Do dark people also blush? undecided
Ask Bibi about my complexion
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2016
dominique:
New additions...lovely smiley
I'm a bit confused about this Sylvester's age o. Is he still a seven year old kid or he is all grown up now? undecided

Thanks for the dedication Bibi, you d bestest kiss

no his history is unraveling. he's an adult now
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Ah! sister maggilove cheesy I'm a changed person, FYI, I'm going with skarl.ett and not bibi again grin

Oliver twist
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2016
veekid:
Ask Bibi about my complexion

Dont mind him joor, he's yealous of you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (70) (Reply)

The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.