Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban (74918 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:
Is the oba mad The family are Nigerians they can decide to recognise the oba or not... Sue the fucking oba n his palace people what nonsense
The Nigerian constitution remain supreme and oba has no authority, i repet no authority over anybody... He is a ceremonial king that's all
HELLO!!!
Jesus said ,give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar ..when a town cryer announce that there would be oroo at night n that everyone should make sure they stay indoor.only a man who don't need his head would go outside to dance with them.n I think u fall into that category,,that will say ,am a citizen.if u kill me u committing murder n it's against the law..well I hope u know that nobody will gets arrested after ur head is off...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Omeny: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
CACAWA:
This is funny and sad.
The same Oba that went to church yesterday? Choose your God and stop being cynical.

So what if a Muslim dies in Benîn?
Would they also delay the burial?

Oba didn't go to pentecostal church ooo

He went for Thanksgiving in the Traditional church called the Arosa Cathedral own and manage by the palace.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Born2Breed(f): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:
Is the oba mad The family are Nigerians they can decide to recognise the oba or not... Sue the fucking oba n his palace people what nonsense
The Nigerian constitution remain supreme and oba has no authority, i repet no authority over anybody... He is a ceremonial king that's all

E-warriors! Una too get Internet mouth,we nor dey see your type for ring road.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by prinzy1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
you people are making noise here because of this oba shit if he ask if the oba is mad and so f***king what

who the f****k is the oba & you trying to over hype him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Yobo34(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Mr. U don't fvck with d Oba of Benin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
CACAWA:
This is funny and sad.
The same Oba that went to church yesterday? Choose your God and stop being cynical.

When u in Germany,u behave like a German ... U go to Muslim n tell them that if they don't give their life's to Christ,they wouldn't see heaven ,I tell u,u will know how heaven looks like at particular hr..n for ur information,,the OBA when to his traditional church,if u see the building of the church,fear no go let u enter..
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Yobo34(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
CACAWA:
This is funny and sad.

U didn't get the point. "Burial Ceremony"
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
prinzy1:
you people are making noise here because of this oba shit if he ask if the oba is mad and so f***king what

who the f****k is the oba & you trying to over hype him
How old r u...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by thesicilian: 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
einsteino:

to find out if the oba is mad. u should have killed ur father and buried him in benin during the coronation. then sue the oba to court. it is as simple as that.

mind u oba erediauwa was once sued to court, ask any benin person how that played out.. u guys just stay on nairaland and start acting like u live online. emir of katsina abducted a christain girl and married her off to a muslim, go and sue, you wont. come out here and start masturbating on your keypads.
Best response to the attention-seeking juvenile delinquent. People who do not know anything about customs and traditions, or of Nigerian laws for that matter, are the one who make the loudest noise on faceless forums.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by habbi080(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Which kind culture be that.. Make them chop dead bodi ni.. Dis Oba go wicked ooo...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Born2Breed(f): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Delicious22:
Due respect to the Benin people, but this Oba will be the worst ever. I said it before the coronation.

I miss Omo n'Oba ne Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa. (calm, peaceful and wise)

Kiddo! Keep your opinion to yourself.

For the ignoramus, no burial in Benin Kingdom during Ague and Coronation. To the Binis the words of the Omo n'oba is Law.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

The only case i see here is trespass and kidnapping and that's not a case u take to customary court.

What if there faiths bans them from obeying the oba

This is why i say we should ban this traditional rulers and channel the money to education
See ur comments self..this is what happens when under age kids come on line..lalastic lala needs to put age rating on this site..
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Themandator: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Oba market would be the best spot to make this your opinion public

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by habbi080(m): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
javispj:

HELLO!!!
Jesus said ,give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar ..when a town cryer announce that there would be oroo at night n that everyone should make sure they stay indoor.only a man who don't need his head would go outside to dance with them.n I think u fall into that category,,that will say ,am a citizen.if u kill me u committing murder n it's against the law..well I hope u know that nobody will gets arrested after ur head is off...
This is one of the reason Nnamdi Kalu calls Nigeria zoo where animals resides and people are insulting him.. The other day, a whole IGP was unable to act because Emir of Kano "Sanusi" was involved.. Nonsense country claiming what they are not..
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by KingsleyCEO: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Your father lacks sense and you too have followed suit. How can you use Mad on my Oba? Have you forgotten that your mother died of madness after it was discover you are a child of grief?
You're heading down the path of destruction!

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by omocheche(f): 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
The king in your place doesn't have the powers the oba of Benin has as an oba go and find out, the oba of benin is a well known king and well recognize too. No king has ever been compare to the oba of Benin so next time be slow to comment and be quick to learn and understand
mrvitalis:

If u have a problem with me just say it.. .

The king in my place (tho my Uncle) wont dare such to me. .. is he mad??

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
Every tradition such be respected even when u don't believe in them...
But some nairalanders comments,now make me believe that some humans where born without brains..imagine someone saying,,who the F is the OBA..why don't they ask google ..fools
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Every tradition should be respected even when u don't believe in them...
But some nairalanders comments,now make me believe that some humans where born without brains..imagine someone saying,,who the F is the OBA..why don't they ask google ..fools [right][/right]
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Every tradition should be respected even when u don't believe in them...
But some nairalanders comments,now make me believe that some humans where born without brains..imagine someone saying,,who the F is the OBA..why don't they ask google ..fools
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by SalomonKane: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:
Now tell that to th muslims up north.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by nagoma(m): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
muykem:
Assuming this happened in the north. What will be reaction of majority of people here?

There will be shout of oligarchy, ignorance and backwardness and seventy lawyers from the south will volunteer to defend the families against the traditional ruler. Insults will fill all the newspapers and all forums, Islam will be blamed etc etc etc.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by nagoma(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
javispj:

When u in Germany,u behave like a German ... U go to Muslim n tell them that if they don't give their life's to Christ,they wouldn't see heaven ,I tell u,u will know how heaven looks like at particular hr..n for ur information,,the OBA when to his traditional church,if u see the building of the church,fear no go let u enter..

So what has church got to do with keeping the dead unburied ? Is this decreed by Jesus?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by MONITZ: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Who re all these kids ranting abt the illegitimacy of the Oba of Benin?

Let's all go back in time wen Anthony Onyarugbulem was the military administrator of Edo state,since elections were around the corner, the governor told all the traditional rulers to steer clear of politics and not support any candidate bt this present Oba's father made a statement and the governor wanted him to recant those words and the palace told him that once the great Oba has spoken he doesn't take back his words.

This resulted in a stalemate and the Oba was placed on suspension since he was and is still the permanent chairman of Edo state Council Of Traditional Rulers,the governor even went ahead to tongue-lash the Oba bt the whole of Benin rallied round their Oba to save him from humiliation.

According to street gists,the military administrator travelled to India to fortify himself because he knew the consequences of wat he had done bt few years later wen we were transiting from military to civilian rule Onyarugbulem lost his kids and wife mysteriously to the hands of death with him finally joining them abt a year later, I think he even also mysteriously in a hotel room or so.

Hmmm, so wat is the morale of this my gist?,Onyarugbulem was a military officer who didn't know wat traditional institutions meant and being who he was, he had no reason to fear any "bloody civilian ish",but he forgot that before Abraham, Jesus was, most people know their rights but then there ought to be boundaries.Somethings existed before our forefathers,and we must learn to respect such things irrespective of whether we re educated or not.

Though I am not from Benin bt I know that the words of the Oba re supreme and powerful. To that guy asking if the Oba is mad,all I can tell him is that he will be a very brave person if he can go to the palace and repeat same and still remain the same.

.I know a lot of kids on nairaland don't believe in traditional stuffs bt it will surely do some of u some good if u can go to the palace and tell them u don't believe in the efficacy of the Oba's words, then I believe they will gladly clear ur doubts and make u see y their is night and day.....

The family of the deceased that expressly followed the burial suspension order of the palace know the consequences of defying the Oba's and hence the need to obey.
Wat they placed on those things as a message from the palace were palm fronds. bt if u know that u ve got seven heads then u can go ahead and fling them away and continue with the celebration.

It will do us all some good if we don't dabble into areas we know nothing abt. Some of those ranting know they can't be in England and sue the queen because it is generally said that the queen can do no wrong,even with all their Human Rights ish, and yet these same people come online to spew nauseating trash because they feel they know their rights too well. Man,wake up, this ain't Europe or the Americas bt Africa.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by yaba1(f): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Are u high?? When did the constitution give palace guides power to arrest??

Who told u obas words are law??
even if Nigeria has upgraded to the Western culture. We should still respect our very culture. Stop talking rubbish. The oba has lots of right so beware

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

The only case i see here is trespass and kidnapping and that's not a case u take to customary court.

This is why i say we should ban this traditional rulers and channel the money to education

you wan spoil business. wetin you want make those king chop.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by neocortex: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

The bold is not true,
Emir of katsina kidnapped and married off a 14 year old girl
without her parents consent and nothing
happened, Imagine if it were a commoner who did that ?
suing the oba will be an unwise thing to do with the current state of Nigeria,
nothing will come out of the suit.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by yaba1(f): 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

it's in the Bible that's if you are a Christian. Give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar and to God what belongs to God. It's edo land if a ban is made then stick to it
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by mrvitalis(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
omocheche:
The king in your place doesn't have the powers the oba of Benin has as an oba go and find out, the oba of benin is a well known king and well recognize too. No king has ever been compare to the oba of Benin so next time be slow to comment and be quick to learn and understand
I will give u 10k if u show me the part in edo constitution or Nigerian constitution that makes the oba more powerful than a normal citizens
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by javispj(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
habbi080:

This is one of the reason Nnamdi Kalu calls Nigeria zoo where animals resides and people are insulting him.. The other day, a whole IGP was unable to act because Emir of Kano "Sanusi" was involved.. Nonsense country claiming what they are not..
As sorry if u feeling or thinking u r an animal,,well u right u r..judging by ur comments.. ..well am a Nigerian who doesn't shear ur ideology of Nigeria being a zoo..
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Born2Breed:

Kiddo! Keep your opinion to yourself.

For the ignoramus, no burial in Benin Kingdom during Ague and Coronation. To the Binis the words of the Omo n'oba is Law.

your opinion and your signature does not tally. do you have bipolar disorder.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Briteiyobo1(m): 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrvitalis:
this is the reason some of you die prematurely, you are insulting the Oba, by the time you incure the wrath of the Oba you will begin to complain that your enemies are after you.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Mc6xty(m): 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mc6xty:
as u no get king 4 your village na make u no say dem deu respect king
mrvitalis:

The kings and what ever are common citizens with no extra power. .. they are as powerful as pastors as powerful as a truck pusher so says the constitution... They have no constitutional power and thats it
Mc6xty:
mrvitalis:

The kings and what ever are common citizens with no extra power. .. they are as powerful as pastors as powerful as a truck pusher so says the constitution... They have no constitutional power and thats it
as u no get king 4 your village na make u no know say dem dey respect king

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.